• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

bionic77

Awesome win last night. Really happy for Batch. Man did we need than win and man was it delicious to beat the Rats in their own stadium.

Jason Worilds is starting to excite me. It's like he's starting to "get" it. He'll be a great sub for Woodley when he takes his annual 6 game vacation.

Harrison is rounding into shape now and it couldn't have been in a better game. I'm hoping I was premature on my "washed up" claims. He looked great yesterday.

Troy was invisible, but it was to be expected. Good to see him running around out there though.

I think if this game proved anything it was the value of Ike Taylor. He completely removed Torrey Smith last game and surprise surprise Flacco didn't have an offensive touchdown. Word is dude has a broken fucking leg so we may not see him if/when the Steelers make the playoffs. His replacement, Cortez Allen, was actually pretty good in relief, but he made some rookie mistakes. Hopefully Ike and Booger will help him along.

That touchdown Rice ran for was on Keisel. Totally neglected to cover the backside. Dude is not having the best season.

Offense was good, but what the fuck is up with these uncontested fumbles? I really hope Sanders hasn't caught Wallace's disease.

We need Colon back desperately, and hopefully Decastro. Our entire run game depends on it.

Ben is supposed to be back next week. It'll be nice to get him back, but next game is against the Chargers, so I think we can deal with Batch once more if necessary.
Run game was actually pretty good last night. I hope Ike is not out for the year. We will need Ike and the young guys to cover a team if they go 4 or 5 wide on us. We have not had that kind of depth at CB in a long ass time.

Harrison was looking decent. Still not his former player of the year self, but I am hoping he continues to improve.

Troy's play was a big concern. Allen is playing much better than him right now. I like the idea of those two guys taking turns anyways. Troy is way too injury prone anyways.

And Luck reminds me of an uglier and somehow even bigger version of Big Ben. He doesn't have Ben's mobility, but he has that advantage of being so fucking huge that he can handle a lot of hits. And that is a great skill to have when Arians is running shit!

Mrbob

So Suh and the rest of the Lions defensive line have been accused of laughing and pointing at an injured player......again.

Classless idiots.

Yup. I have a feeling karma keeps striking them this season for their actions.

Couldn't be happier to see such a dirty, undisciplined team choke games at the end week after week.

harSon

Banned
Awesome win last night. Really happy for Batch. Man did we need than win and man was it delicious to beat the Rats in their own stadium.

Jason Worilds is starting to excite me. It's like he's starting to "get" it. He'll be a great sub for Woodley when he takes his annual 6 game vacation.

Harrison is rounding into shape now and it couldn't have been in a better game. I'm hoping I was premature on my "washed up" claims. He looked great yesterday.

Troy was invisible, but it was to be expected. Good to see him running around out there though.

I think if this game proved anything it was the value of Ike Taylor. He completely removed Torrey Smith last game and surprise surprise Flacco didn't have an offensive touchdown. Word is dude has a broken fucking leg so we may not see him if/when the Steelers make the playoffs. His replacement, Cortez Allen, was actually pretty good in relief, but he made some rookie mistakes. Hopefully Ike and Booger will help him along.

That touchdown Rice ran for was on Keisel. Totally neglected to cover the backside. Dude is not having the best season.

Offense was good, but what the fuck is up with these uncontested fumbles? I really hope Sanders hasn't caught Wallace's disease.

We need Colon back desperately, and hopefully Decastro. Our entire run game depends on it.

Ben is supposed to be back next week. It'll be nice to get him back, but next game is against the Chargers, so I think we can deal with Batch once more if necessary.

We've always known that. He's been one of the best shutdown corners in the league for a while now, outside of the last season's playoff loss and the first 4-6 games of this season where he seemed to lose his way. If it weren't for the fact that he couldn't catch a ball, he'd be a top 5 corner over the course of his career (and we likely wouldn't have been able to afford him).

Run game was actually pretty good last night. I hope Ike is not out for the year. We will need Ike and the young guys to cover a team if they go 4 or 5 wide on us. We have not had that kind of depth at CB in a long ass time.

Harrison was looking decent. Still not his former player of the year self, but I am hoping he continues to improve.

Troy's play was a big concern. Allen is playing much better than him right now. I like the idea of those two guys taking turns anyways. Troy is way too injury prone anyways.

And Luck reminds me of an uglier and somehow even bigger version of Big Ben. He doesn't have Ben's mobility, but he has that advantage of being so fucking huge that he can handle a lot of hits. And that is a great skill to have when Arians is running shit!

He's not bigger than Ben though...

eznark

Banned
Right now RGIII is offensive rookie of the year. Doesn't turn over the ball and is accurate and basically super efficient and is top 10 in rushing or something like that. Russell is 2nd best. He beat good teams is efficient and is the only player in NFL history to win a game throwing an INT. Then there is golden boy Luck. He's playing good but is over hyped. You should not be able to turn over the ball as much as he does and be basically 30th in QB rating and accuracy and get you knob bobbed on by the media like he has. If RGIII had Lucks stats he'd be considered a bum.

Is he really top ten in the league in rushing? He's got like 50 yards a game. Man, the league has changed.

Run game was good because Pouncey got moved to guard. That's fine for a game or two, but we need Pouncey in his natural position if we're going to make the playoffs.
I'm not that worried about Troy. It's like Hampton and Harrison - he has to work his way back into game shape. It's gonna take a while. Allen is doing a good job though, so it's not so bad.

Watching Luck reminds me of Ben so hard. He even moves the same way. I can't tell how much is him and how much is Arians, though the offense has that trademark Arians janky rhythm.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Uh oh.

Ndamukong Suh maintains he's not a dirty player, but his actions again have drawn the ire of an opposing player.

The Indianapolis Star reported that Suh and his teammates were seen pointing at, laughing and dancing over the Colts' Winston Justice after the Lions defensive tackle had knocked down the Indianapolis offensive tackle following cornerback Don Carey's interception Andrew Luck in the fourth quarter of Detroit's loss. Justice suffered a concussion on the play.

Ndamukong Suh says his reputation as a dirty player isn't fair, but his actions in Sunday's game left Colts offensive lineman Mike McGlynn angry.

The scene infuriated Colts right tackle Mike McGlynn, who, according to the Star, was seen confronting Suh after Luck's game-winning touchdown pass to Donnie Avery with no time remaining.

"Totally ignorant on their part, just childish stuff," McGlynn told the newspaper. "We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players, but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really."

McGlynn said Colts players would never act that way if a player on the Lions was hurt on a play.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes (the Colts' win) even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game," he told the newspaper.

Chili

RGIII hardly ever rushes. I think it is just his ability to do so that gives him that myth. He has a good scramble, but really other than the Bengals game when they went crazy with the option there are very few designed runs. He is excellent at evading the rush and scrambling to the sideline though. He is not a dual-threat quarterback first and foremost, and I don't think he considers himself one.

eznark

Banned
Why didn't Minny ride him more?! Dude had 10 YPC yesterday. 10.

He broke two huge runs but he was having feast or famine runs. They were in a number of third and 5-ish downs where they had to rely on Ponder. That did not work out so well.

There was only one drive that I recall where Peterson didn't get at least two touches.

Talon

Dude, what? Luck can run.

eznark

Banned

Uh, have you ever actually seen Andrew Luck?

lolol, Ben is listed at 240? Give me a break!

Greg

I haven't really watched RGIII outside of the highlights, so I'm excited for tonight's game.

He broke two huge runs but he was having feast or famine runs. They were in a number of third and 5-ish downs where they had to rely on Ponder. That did not work out so well.

There was only one drive that I recall where Peterson didn't get at least two touches.
Peterson for his whole career. He'll go -2, 2, -1, 3, and then 60 for a TD.

Talon

Mobility. Ben's not a great runner, but he's surpsingly evasive.

Luck does slide in the pocket extremely well though.
Luck's ability to extend plays in and out of the pocket has been his calling card since his freshman year.

Read: He's mobile as fuck.
Reid just said Foles is the Eagles starting QB for the rest of the year
Tank city in full effect.
For the record, I don't think it's possible to tank in the NFL.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm disappointed in you Future.

You were an All-Pro once but now you're constantly late to your assignment. Step it up! Let's see that fire again!
I haven't been feeling the motivation lately, coach! This shoulder injury has slowed me down.

Bowser said:
Reid just said Foles is the Eagles starting QB for the rest of the year
There was never any alternative. They have to see what they have in him.

By the way, here's the Giants final injury report before the game:

OUT: TE Travis Beckum (knee), Jacquian Williams (knee)

DOUBTFUL: S Kenny Phillips (knee)

QUESTIONABLE: RT David Diehl (shoulder), WR Domenik Hixon (ankle), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (back).

PROBABLE: C David Baas (shoulder), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), CB Jayron Hosley (shoulder), S Antrel Rolle (illness), DE Justin Tuck (foot.).

Kenny Phillips did make the trip to Washington so there is a chance he'll play but I'm not banking on it. Sucks.:(

So any chance Flacco gets the boot this off season?

Right now it seems like Smith, Flynn, Skelton, Kolb, Sanchez and the usually journeyman suspects will be available in the offseason.

0%. He's a good(ish) quarterback. Not great or amazing, but good. We'd love to have great or amazing but those are pretty freaking hard to find. Heck, I could rattle off about ten teams that would kill for good(ish) at QB right now. I mean look at those names. Best one there is Smith and even if San Fran lets him go Lesserbaugh isn't going to hand him back his dick on the way out.

Starphoenix said:
Where's Vick headed next?
Some team will take a chance on him cheap after he's released. Cardinals always have to be in the conversation. They seem to constantly be in search of an answer at the QB position. Unless they try to draft someone this off season.

Frenchie said:
Were this common in the past NFL years to have as many QB problems as this season had and still have?
I've been attempting to decrypt this sentence for the last couple of minutes and well...I'm confounded. What's the question again?

eznark

Banned
Where's Vick headed next?

viking-biking.jpg

squicken

I think it's great that there are three new QBs that are potentially going to be great. The league has for too long been dominated by the same teams and players. I'm glad people love RG3 and Russell. I'll go with Luck if I was building a team but to each his own

About the only thing that bugs me on it is when people start talking like SEA and WAS have this awful surrounding cast for those two guys. If you think WAS and SEA have bad lines and bad run games then you don't watch football

eznark

Banned
I think it's great that there are three new QBs that are potentially going to be great. The league has for too long been dominated by the same teams and players. I'm glad people love RG3 and Russell. I'll go with Luck if I was building a team but to each his own

About the only thing that bugs me on it is when people start talking like SEA and WAS have this awful surrounding cast for those two guys. If you think WAS and SEA have bad lines and bad run games then you don't watch football

I've never heard anyone ever say those two things.

bionic77

Luck is obviously mobile, but I have not seen him do some of the magic act shit that Ben was doing from day one. Where it looks like it has disaster written all over it, and somehow he evades the pressure and throws the ball downfield for a 40 yard strike. He can definitely run for yardages though and roll out.

And it is weird, Ben is listed as being bigger than Luck, but somehow Luck looks gigantic to me on tv. Maybe I am just overly active with my imagination and somehow imagine him to be a giant monster (because of his facial condition), but if those numbers are right then Ben is slightly bigger than Luck.

Talon

Damn, there are going to be a lot of mediocre coaches hired come the offseason. Look at potential vacancies going forward:

Definitely:
Kansas City
Carolina
Philadelphia
San Diego
Cleveland
Tennessee (based on Bud's "embarrassed" comments)

Probably (only because the Owners might not give a damn):
Arizona
Oakland
Buffalo

Possibly:
Jacksonville (Only Mularkey's 1st year, and he was hired by this regime)
Minnesota (Ponderous)
Dallas

K-19

Banned
Some team will take a chance on him cheap after he's released. Cardinals always have to be in the conversation. They seem to constantly be in search of an answer at the QB position. Unless they try to draft someone this off season.

I've been attempting to decrypt this sentence for the last couple of minutes and well...I'm confounded. What's the question again?

Is there every season as many QBs problems, controversies etc ... as now?

Some team will take a chance on him cheap after he's released. Cardinals always have to be in the conversation. They seem to constantly be in search of an answer at the QB position. Unless they try to draft someone this season.

Nah, I think Arizona is going to get Alex Smith, and I see Kansas City drafting a QB. Honestly I think Vick will probably make his way to the Jets.

Top Bottom