• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

TJACK and Clipboard Jesus were ruining Rice's career. Like AZ with Fitz. The next guy won't save his career. He'll just stop killing it.

btw I really like Russell. No qualifier. He's good and is everything you'd want in a except height. Sucks he ended up with Cheatin' Pete

Wasn't Rice the one who constantly complained about migraine's whenever he didn't feel like playing?

Talon

I've never liked the phrase "shining up turds."

I don't know what the hell kind of turds you guys are producing, but mine ain't getting any shinier.

eznark

Banned
Wasn't Rice the one who constantly complained about migraine's whenever he didn't feel like playing?

That's probably not really fair. I don't ever remember that being a serious accusation. (oh yeah, talking about Harvin)

They all look the same to me.
shitty Vikings players

Talon

That's probably not really fair. I don't ever remember that being a serious accusation.
I think eznark just found his heart.
grinch.jpg

Anyone find out why Tomlin was looking so pissed at Harbaugh after the game last night?

It was weird because we won and you would think it would be the other way around.

Number of things:

"Tougher team won" after not scoring an offensive TD

Allowing Rice to disrespect the towel (after rushing for 40 yards in the game)

Not to mention the constant "they didn't beat us - we beat ourselves" garbage that the Rats spew after every loss.

eznark

Banned
Number of things:

"Tougher team won" after not scoring an offensive TD

Allowing Rice to disrespect the towel (after rushing for 40 yards in the game)

Not to mention the constant "they didn't beat us - we beat ourselves" garbage that the Rats spew after every loss.

:jnc x 1000

Yankee, what's your real opinion of Reid? I would think he'd be the top candidate after this season for any teams looking. How much of the blame do you personally put on him for the Eagles season? Seems more of an OL and rough season for Vick issue.

I thought for sure we'd give Whiz another year and use Miller (OC) and Grimm (OL) as scapegoats but it occurred to me that if we lose out as we should, that'd be 12 losses in a row. Hard to imagine a guy keeping his job after that, injuries or not. Lot of Cards fans clamoring for Reid as HC and Norv for OC. This leads to fans fantasizing about the Chargers letting Rivers go for new regime and us scooping him up.

jmdajr

What would happen if they lose?

Not a big deal losing to Pats.

But if we get swept by the rookie Luck, it will be a disaster.

My Playoff ticket money goes poof*

Kind of funny how it works. If you don't buy the playoff tickets, you lose your seat license.
But if they don't have any home playoff games, the money just go towards next years tickets.

beast786

I am atheist. So i dont give damn about Christmas or any religious holidays. But.

Happy holidays to all Except

stink packers and bears fans.. jk... you scums also. :)

MechDX

Not a big deal losing to Pats.

But if we get swept by the rookie Luck, it will be a disaster.

My Playoff ticket money goes poof*

Is it wrong Im getting a little more confident and can say with a straight face "The Pats dont scare me"? When you look at both teams schedules and their W/L record the Texans have more wins over better teams. They have also won games that in years past they would have completely blown and broke my heart.

I still stand by my prediction that there was 3 games they would not lose this year: Broncos, Ravens and Pats. Its a statement game for them and they know it.

Yankee, what's your real opinion of Reid? I would think he'd be the top candidate after this season for any teams looking. How much of the blame do you personally put on him for the Eagles season? Seems more of an OL and rough season for Vick issue.

I thought for sure we'd give Whiz another year and use Miller (OC) and Grimm (OL) as scapegoats but it occurred to me that if we lose out as we should, that'd be 12 losses in a row. Hard to imagine a guy keeping his job after that, injuries or not. Lot of Cards fans clamoring for Reid as HC and Norv for OC. This leads to fans fantasizing about the Chargers letting Rivers go for new regime and us scooping him up.

Reids never been that good. Most of his success came from a GOAT level coordinator in Jim Johnson...once that dude passed Reid got exposed.

He doesn't really keep locker rooms in order either. See T.O/Don feud.

Time management skills are terribad.

Likes to hire guys that have never been d-coordinators to accept the position - see Castillo.

He's overrated.

Reids never been that good. Most of his success came from a GOAT level coordinator in Jim Johnson...once that dude passed Reid got exposed.

Likes to hire guys that have never been d-coordinators to accept the position - see Castillo.

He's overrated.

Dude went to 4 Conference Championships and 1 Super Bowl. He had to have been doing something right.

jmdajr

Is it wrong Im getting a little more confident and can say with a straight face "The Pats dont scare me"? When you look at both teams schedules and their W/L record the Texans have more wins over better teams. They have also won games that in years past they would have completely blown and broke my heart.

I still stand by my prediction that there was 3 games they would not lose this year: Broncos, Ravens and Pats. Its a statement game for them and they know it.

If we can win the next two is will be amazing. I will have the biggest sigh of relief*
After that it will be TJ Yates time.

Or it can be a potential heart attack drag to the finish.

Smokey

They said in the radio that behind the scenes and off the record they have been dying to get to this game. As you mentioned they believe it to be a major statement game and have been looking forward to it for a while.

I really like Reid a a coach. Before this year I would have said hi team always played har and were prepared. When it was him and Chilly I think they did a great job of coming up with plays and formations to get guys open. I think Marty as OC has held the team back these last few years. The talent on O is better but they dont seem to get close to the same production. Malin and DJax are more talented then anyone but TO that Mcnabb had but those guys struggle to get open so often. If I had a team I would hire Reid, but I would want him to get a new OC. I really dont like Marty as an OC at all. Reids biggest problem is he is really stubborn, which is also a plus some times. He believes in his offense and players to a fault. If he had ran more in the NFCC against the Bucs the Eagles would have a SB but most coaches are like that I guess. The Eagles havent been the same since JJ died. Dawkins had a great story the other day about Reid. When the Eagles were getting ready to play the Rams in the NFCC Reid came into a defensive meeting and started to ask questions and Dawk and Trotter got up and told him to not worry that the defense was in good hands and he left. Reid needs to be in a situation where he doesnt even have to think about the defense. It was his idea to hire Washburn which meant they were stuck with the wide 9, and then he promoted Juan when it was clear Juan wasnt ready. When Andy was running the drafts the Eagles did a good job drafting offensive players, but missed on a ton of defensive picks. He needs a strong GM to work with. When the Eagles hired him he had this binder with his 5 year plan in it, that was when he was at his best. He is the guy you bring in to build the team and then get someone else to finish the job.

eznark

Banned

He's overrated.

Seems pretty revisionist to me. I'll give you shitty clock management, that's about it. I can't realistically blame the coach for a guy like TO.

As for the rest, look at how that Eagles defense is playing without Castillo. Maybe guy wasn't so shitty after all.

MechDX

They said in the radio that behind the scenes and off the record they have been wanting to play this game. As you mentioned they believe it to be a major statement game and have been looking forward to it for a while.

How they beat the Pats: they run Foster, Forsett and Tate down their damn throats and eat up the clock. When they try to stack the box to stop it they do play action and burn their secondary deep with Dre.

When they get on D they tell Mercilous to get to Brady every damn play and rip his head off. Take advantage of their injured o line and put pressure on Brady.

FUCK IT! I want this game noW!!!

How they beat the Pats: they run Foster, Forsett and Tate down their damn throats and eat up the clock. When they try to stack the box to stop it they do play action and burn their secondary deep with Dre.

When they get on D they tell Mercilous to get to Brady every damn play and rip his head off. Take advantage of their injured o line and put pressure on Brady.

FUCK IT! I want this game noW!!!

Pats have no chance

DeaconKnowledge said:
I think Reid's problem is that he's long past his expiration date.
I agree. I think you reach a point where your effectiveness as a coach diminishes the longer you stay with an organization. Especially if that organization has not won a Super Bowl with you at the helm (and Andy has been very close). I think it was true of Fisher in Tennessee for instance and though Mike did win the big game in Denver - I think he also reached his expiration date there as well. Though the ownership went full retard in giving McDaniels the entire keys to the organization but that's another topic.

eznark

Banned
I think Reid's problem is that he's long past his expiration date. Once he shipped off Mcnabb it was over.

If you mean just with the Eagles then I agree. I think if he goes to a team like Detroit though he could really make them special. A team with talent but absolute shit for brains at coach like Detroit.

I agree. I think you reach a point where your effectiveness as a coach diminishes the longer you stay with an organization. Especially if that organization has not won a Super Bowl with you at the helm (and Andy has been very close). I think it was true of Fisher in Tennessee for instance and though Mike did win the big game in Denver - I think he also reached his expiration date there as well. Though the ownership went full retard in giving McDaniels the entire keys to the organization.

Shanahan is done coaching period.

If you mean just with the Eagles then I agree. I think if he goes to a team like Detroit though he could really make them special. A team with talent but absolute shit for brains at coach like Detroit.

Does he even want to coach? A lot has happened to the guy in the past few years.

Anyone find out why Tomlin was looking so pissed at Harbaugh after the game last night?

It was weird because we won and you would think it would be the other way around.

Harbum seemed to want to say something more than congratulations and Tomlin didn't want to hear any of it....just said, "thank you" and kept walking. Who knows what it was all about, looked kind of funny though.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Does he even want to coach? A lot has happened to the guy in the past few years.
He'll likely take a year off but I don't see him staying away from the game for long.

I've said it before but when he does return, he will be one of the most sought after coaches in the league. Andy will have the pick of the litter.

I think Reid would be a treadmill hire for Detroit. Shitty clock management, makes dumb challenges and loses them constantly...and his real talent lies on the offensive side of the ball where the Lions are already pretty good.

LiveWire

Dude went to 4 Conference Championships and 1 Super Bowl. He had to have been doing something right.

Reid had little competition in the NFC East for most of the 2000s, with a division record of:

Before Divisional Re-Alignment
2000: 5-3, lost to Giants in the playoffs (who went to SB, but afterward began the huge decline which ultimately led to the high draft pick and the Rivers-Manning trade)
2001: 6-2

After Divisional Re-Alignment
2002: 5-1
2003: 5-1
2004: 6-0

During that 5-year span, the other division teams had a lot of inconsistency at quarterback (that's putting it nicely). Plus as someone said earlier, Johnson was an elite DC. The real reason for the Eagles dominant years was the defense, which feasted on horrible NFC East QBs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It will be a great game. Pats will be prepared like most of the time and it will be very competative but this game means a ton to Houston. No matter what happens I still love Dutch.

Bitch back up off Dutch. It's me he truly loves anyways.

Reid had little competition in the NFC East for most of the 2000s, with a division record of:

Before Divisional Re-Alignment
2000: 5-3, lost to Giants in the playoffs (who went to SB, but afterward began the huge decline which ultimately led to the high draft pick and the Rivers-Manning trade)
2001: 6-2

After Divisional Re-Alignment
2002: 5-1
2003: 5-1
2004: 6-0

During that 5-year span, the other division teams had a lot of inconsistency at quarterback (that's putting it nicely). Plus as someone said earlier, Johnson was an elite DC. The real reason for the Eagles dominant years was the defense, which feasted on horrible NFC East QBs.

So he kept winning when he was supposed to you say? You're right. Reid sucked.

bionic77

Harbum seemed to want to say something more than congratulations and Tomlin didn't want to hear any of it....just said, "thank you" and kept walking. Who knows what it was all about, looked kind of funny though.
We will never find out what it was about, but I am going to err on the side of caution and blame the whole thing on Harbaugh.

Pretty sure the whole family is a bunch of scumbags.

manfestival

while the bucs are still in the run on a slim margin... I cant help but be more enthused over what is gonna happen next year. I am not very hopeful that they will make playoffs but it would be cool

Top Bottom