• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

jbug617

Banned
It will be a great game. Pats will be prepared like most of the time and it will be very competative but this game means a ton to Houston. No matter what happens I still love Dutch.

So you see this game just like Saints did against the Pats on that Monday night to put your team on the national map?

I love this stat

F7CVn.jpg

So you see this game just like Saints did against the Pats on that Monday night to put your team on the national map?

Oh god no, that game was terrible.

Bitch back up off Dutch. It's me he truly loves anyways.

Can I brush your hair now?

It will be a great game. Pats will be prepared like most of the time and it will be very competative but this game means a ton to Houston. No matter what happens I still love Dutch.

I already accepted the loss, unless if we start Mallett. The love is somewhat comforting.

Talon

Vitt said Brees' streak belongs alongside the 2,632 consecutive Major League Baseball games played by Cal Ripken Jr., New York Yankees great Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak or Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game.

"That record is something he'll have forever, and it's really guaranteed his enshrinement as a first-ballot Hall of Famer," Vitt said.
...really?

bionic77 said:
Superman is boring.

Pass.
Superman films are boring because they refuse to take him off of Earth. Get him a proper villain outside of Lex fucking Luthor and you might have an interesting movie. Zod is the villain in this new one so there's that but I'd love to see Darkseid and Apokolips in a Superman film.

Superman films are boring because they refuse to take him off of Earth. Get him a proper villain outside of Lex fucking Luthor and you might have an interesting movie. Zod is the villain in this new one so there's that but I'd love to see Darkseid and Apokolips in a Superman film.

Apparently Darkseid will be the villain in the Justice League movie.

while the bucs are still in the run on a slim margin... I cant help but be more enthused over what is gonna happen next year. I am not very hopeful that they will make playoffs but it would be cool

I'd rather lose out and get a better draft pick. Minus the injuries the Bucs have a lot of talent that was squandered under Morris, but we still have some spots that sorely need to be addressed with draft picks. CB first and foremost. At least 2 good corners cause right now Eric Wright is our best corner and on his best days he is only average. We also need a safety with range to play opposite of Barron and some upgrades on the line and at LB.

There is a lot of talent on the Bucs, but not enough to really do anything in the playoffs. It would just be a waste of draft position to get in because our secondary would make it impossible to really do anything once we got in.

Mindlog

while the bucs are still in the run on a slim margin... I cant help but be more enthused over what is gonna happen next year. I am not very hopeful that they will make playoffs but it would be cool
Better yet after last year's work I feel comfortable with their ability to make good choices from any position in the draft.

Hey, SNES. That new cheap Wii and the new Wiiu. What does Nintendo have against ethernet ports? racists.

Spectral Glider said:
Outside of Batman, DC characters are kind of candy ass.
No.:)

Okay Aquaman yeah but there's some good stuff to mine if done properly.

If you want to know how NOT to do it - watch Green Lantern.

squicken

Fucking Lions. All that negative karma their jackasses generate and it bites Ryan Broyles. Why can't Suh be the one to pay for his assholery?

I really like Reid a a coach. Before this year I would have said hi team always played har and were prepared. When it was him and Chilly I think they did a great job of coming up with plays and formations to get guys open. I think Marty as OC has held the team back these last few years. The talent on O is better but they dont seem to get close to the same production. Malin and DJax are more talented then anyone but TO that Mcnabb had but those guys struggle to get open so often. If I had a team I would hire Reid, but I would want him to get a new OC. I really dont like Marty as an OC at all. Reids biggest problem is he is really stubborn, which is also a plus some times. He believes in his offense and players to a fault. If he had ran more in the NFCC against the Bucs the Eagles would have a SB but most coaches are like that I guess. The Eagles havent been the same since JJ died. Dawkins had a great story the other day about Reid. When the Eagles were getting ready to play the Rams in the NFCC Reid came into a defensive meeting and started to ask questions and Dawk and Trotter got up and told him to not worry that the defense was in good hands and he left. Reid needs to be in a situation where he doesnt even have to think about the defense. It was his idea to hire Washburn which meant they were stuck with the wide 9, and then he promoted Juan when it was clear Juan wasnt ready. When Andy was running the drafts the Eagles did a good job drafting offensive players, but missed on a ton of defensive picks. He needs a strong GM to work with. When the Eagles hired him he had this binder with his 5 year plan in it, that was when he was at his best. He is the guy you bring in to build the team and then get someone else to finish the job.

Appreciate your thoughts. It always seemed to me that he was a pretty good coach and going off of the strengths you listed, sounds like what we need. Whiz is also stubborn to a fault but we are set defensively and need an offensive mind and presence. Although that's somewhat ironic to say as Whiz was an OC but he is a dolt when it comes to QBs and lets his personal relationship with Grimm cloud his eyes from how awful our OL has been and that none of these guys have been coached up. It's like he doesn't acknowledge that Warner hid how bad they were and he's just convinced they are under performing with these other QBs. We need a new offensive minded presence that can set up a plan for building the OL and settling the QB position. He truly could leave the defense in Horton's hands although it's pretty much a given that someone will snag Horton for HC after this season. I really hope the D holds together without him.

Mrbob

Don't let FMT see that.

No shame in losing to the best upcoming QB in the NFL. Somehow size is an issue for Wilson, but it isn't for Brees. Also, Wilson is more athletic than Brees.

Kap ain't shit compared to Wilson. Seahawks will own the NFC West soon.

mkenyon

Banned
Don't let FMT see that.

No shame in losing to the best upcoming QB in the NFL. Somehow size is an issue for Wilson, but it isn't for Brees. Also, Wilson is more athletic than Brees.

Kap ain't shit compared to Wilson. Seahawks will own the NFC West soon.
I don't know if there will be enough space at Qwest field for all the upcoming NFC West Champion banners.

Mrbob

Random stat of the day:

Cheatin' Pete has 7 road wins since becoming the Seahawks head coach. 3 of those wins are in Chicago.

Grifter

Great game yesterday. Jets now have an enviable dilemma between a career proven winner and efficient game manager vs. the raw young upstart with higher upside and a cannon arm that can also win games with his legs. I expect Rex to stick with the hot hand and let his elite defense lead the way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions became the first NFL team since the 2000 San Diego Chargers to lose three consecutive games they led with 2 minutes remaining in regulation, according to STATS LLC. They're only the third team in NFL history to lose three straight home games by blowing fourth-quarter leads, according to the Elias Sports Bureau."

That's my team.

Top Bottom