• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
9gKKf.jpg

Sit Hits the San. Wow :lol

mkenyon

Banned
I still think Russell Wilson throwing a pick to win a game is the most impressive thing this season.
I was thinking about how hilarious it would be if the Pack and Seahawks were fighting for a Wild Card entrance, and the tiebreaker came down to that game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Broyles thing is further proof this entire franchise is cursed. Ford needs to sell the team for anything to change.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
They are treating it like their Super Bowl, like they did with the GB game.

Pats in a blowout.

Who's they? I highly doubt the Texans players are treating this like the Superbowl. All the ESPN bs and all that will turn it into a mini Superbowl.... the players, coach's and fans don't have to do shit.

"I hope we lose out and miss the playoffs. I am disgusted with our team. You let trash like the rams push you around twice in a year.... Ridiculous! "

Frauds!?

Tom Penny

Who's they? I highly doubt the Texans players are treating this like the Superbowl. All the ESPN bs and all that will turn it into a mini Superbowl.... the players, coach's and fans don't have to do shit.

"I hope we lose out and miss the playoffs. I am disgusted with our team. You let trash like the rams push you around twice in a year.... Ridiculous! "

Frauds!?

Pats will be going in with like no WR's so I'm certainly concerned. I'm at the next 2 game so it should be fun. To be honest with a healthy Gronk I think the Texans get ate up but hopefully the real game between the two teams will be in January.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
They said in the radio that behind the scenes and off the record they have been dying to get to this game. As you mentioned they believe it to be a major statement game and have been looking forward to it for a while.

Really... then again I don't listen to Houston Radio, but I don't believe behind the scene/off the record bs anyway.

They have had so many injuries, they need to worry about that more than making a statement. Make a statement in the playoffs.

Matrix

Pats will be going in with like no WR's so I'm certainly concerned. I'm at the next 2 game so it should be fun. To be honest with a healthy Gronk I think the Texans get ate up but hopefully the real game between the two teams will be in January.

Yea I want to see them go at it in Jan when it matters. I hate the hype of a regular season game. I know it means home field advantage and all that (still huge), but I'm more worried about injuries all the time. I just want a fully healthy Texans team (minus Cush) for the playoffs.

jmdajr

Frauds!?

It's more important beat the Colts really, but that's not the order of things.
If they want some serious time off they need to win the next two games. That would be like having 3 weeks off!

Mrbob

I hope we lose out and miss the playoffs. I am disgusted with our team. You let trash like the rams push you around twice in a year.... Ridiculous!

Russell_Wilson,_November_2012.jpg

Lovie Smith still in a state of confusion:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12/lovie_smith_still_unsure_why_r.html

Lovie Smith still unsure why Russell Wilson ran so well on his defense

With an evening and morning to digest the 23-17 overtime loss, Bears coach Lovie Smith still isn't sure why the defense struggled to contain Seattle Seahawks rookie quarterback Russell Wilson.

"I wish I knew. If I knew that, believe me, we would have done everything we possibly could to contain him," Smith said. "We contain most guys but sometimes it happens like that.

"Sometimes they're better than you on that day and that's how it was yesterday."

Maybe it's because the defense is old, getting banged up, and a step slow. Good thing the team has replacement players in the wings.

Tom Penny

Yea I want to see them go at it in Jan when it matters. I hate the hype of a regular season game. I know it means home field advantage and all that (still huge), but I'm more worried about injuries all the time. I just want a fully healthy Texans team (minus Cush) for the playoffs.

Houston locked up homefield IMO by dodging Jax and Lions. Pats have to win out for the number 2 seed because Denver is going to win out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wilson looked like a stud yesterday, but last week he blew Seattle's final drive to win. I'm definitely pleasantly surprised he's stepped up over the season, though. Furthermore, he managed to learn without forfeiting our playoff prospects.

mr2xxx

Banned
Great game yesterday. Jets now have an enviable dilemma between a career proven winner and efficient game manager vs. the raw young upstart with higher upside and a cannon arm that can also win games with his legs. I expect Rex to stick with the hot hand and let his elite defense lead the way.

Who is who? Or is that the joke because none of them deserve any praise.

Also FUCK THE GIANTS!

K-19

Banned
As expected, Harbs announced Kap as starter against Miami.

Lol @ that superman poster. Nolan gonna screw it up. Even if he is only the producer, I am sure he keep Snyder on a leash. This man made me lose faith in superhero movie... In only Whedon we trust!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nick Saban went to college because he sucked as coach of the Dolphins.

As expected, Harbs announced Kap as starter against Miami.

Lol @ that superman poster. Nolan gonna screw it up. Even if he is only the producer, I am sure he keep Snyder on a leash. This man made me lose faith in superhero movie... In only Whedon we trust!
Why? The Avengers sucked.

he's not even having a great year though

in what world is 17-16 TD to ints, 9 fumbles and a 55% throwing percentage good.

what the hell

So, dude comes into a team with a new first time GM, first time HC, OC, DC, STC. New systems are installed on offense and defense. 8 out of the 11 starters on offensive weren't Colts before the season. They've been through offensive linemen like crazy (two of which shouldnt even be door greeters at Walmart), lost their WR2 first game of the season, his OC, who would normally be the one "raising him" so to speak, has to go off and also do HC duties, and they're the youngest team in the NFL. Rookies and street free agents. An insane amount of turnover. Defensively, players have been starting who weren't even on the team week 1. Their stars on D, Freeney and Mathis, are learning a new D after a decade of Tampa 2.

So Luck comes in, takes a team that everyone in the preseason said would probably go 2-14 again, is asked as a rookie to learn an entirely new system and play well with other rookies in said system, replace a Peyton Manning, goes 8-4 (and will probably end the season 10-6 as two of their remaining games are against Tennessee and KC).

This has nothing to do against RGIII or Wilson. Or Tannehill or Weeden for that matter. Its a great crop. But you're saying Luck isnt having a good year, because of his completion % and ints? You know absolutely nothing about football.

TheApatheticOne said:
This has nothing to do against RGIII
You're arguing with and defending Luck against a Redskins fan. Of course it does. It has everything to do with RGIII.

EDIT: Richard Sherman's appeal date set:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Appeal of Seahawks CB Richard Sherman’s four-game suspension is scheduled for Dec. 14, which means he will play Sunday against Arizona.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Not enough drawn ponies for you?
Ponies would have helped make the movie more unintentionally funny, but no, simply having random shit explode onscreen isn't a replacement for a properly done action scene. You know, the kind where the audience can tell where things are and how what they're seeing relates to the overall conflict. Action without tension is just noise, and Avengers is all about noise.

At least the emo cartoon bad guy looked somewhat like the terrorist from True Lies.

K-19

Banned

The Avengers was awesome. It was fun, full of references, with fucking good FX, interesting characters and a gigantic universe to exploit in the future. Man, what's the point?

Kenny Phillips is expected to play as per NFL Network.

Excellent! I just hope he doesn't go out there too early and seriously hurt the knee again.

The Avengers was awesome. It was fun, full of references, with fucking good FX, interesting characters and a gigantic universe to exploit in the future. Man, what's the point?

Batman movies were much more enjoyable than The Avengers, which in its own right was pretty good. Just a dumb, enjoyable, action movie.

cajunator

Banned
ugh. why is it not tuesday. totally forgot today was monday for some reason

You can fix it yourself by

chrome://plugins/

into your address bar

then disable the flash that is pepflashplayer.dll

If you your youtube stops working, dl the stand alone adobe flash player.

That .dll is not in the list.
Ive heard of that before. If thats not there, what do I disable instead?

Nah, Avengers is an awesome movie. I dont even like superhero movies but it was so fun.

bionic77

It was good, but I was not as impressed as most of GAF seemed to be.

I actually liked Batman better. Dat ending. So satisfying. One of the few good trilogies (IMHO).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's definitely prime Rifftrax material, though. Hell, with friends you can spin your own.

Branduil

The Avengers was well-executed but it's also one of the most soulless movies I've ever seen. The film has nothing of any substance to say about anything at all.

Tom Penny

Avengers was more entertaining than the last Batman. I personally don't sit around going damn I want to watch 3 hour Batman again.

Top Bottom