• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
People like my roommates will say that the curse still happened because Megatron had a booboo that nagged him and he didnt have 25 TD's.

If you want to reach for the curse, my favorite stat is that he's been tackled at the 1 yard line 5 times this season, including 4 games in a row at one point.

But that really only "curses" fantasy players.

Victor Cruz may have provided some bulletin board fodder for the Redskins by saying Wednesday that they are "still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender."

But Hall followed suit and then some an hour later by refusing to apologize for a comment last month that irked Eli Manning and that several Giants called "disrespectful" to their two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback.

Manning and Cruz exploited a busted coverage in the Washington secondary and connected for a 77-yard touchdown pass that proved to be the game-winner with 1:13 left in the Giants’ 27-23 triumph Oct. 21 at MetLife Stadium.

Hall later said of the Manning-to-Cruz score"I feel we gave him that play," and, "It wasn’t something where he was a rocket scientist and he figured something out."

In a conference call Wednesday with reporters covering the Giants, Hall stood by his assessment, promising: "I could have made that throw."

D Hall hahahahahaha...

Packers Update:

tumblr_m24py2UoE61qbdxog.gif

eznark

Banned
Warner specifically talked about Eli last Sunday when talking about the Kap situation. He didn't seem even remotely bitter.

Talon

Trivia question: Eli Manning threw his very first interception to what terrible defensive back?

Hint: This defensive back is close to FMT's heart.

Good write up on Texans bootleg play action:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44189/the-dangers-of-houstons-boot-throwback-play

I see this play in my mind with the Benny Hill music playing. Im always amazed how well Schaub and the offense execute the play action game and how defenders always seem to bite on it. Packers actually had good discipline and did not get sucked in as much.
I'm always amazed how Schaub gets so open on the PA bootlegs every time, the opponents knows we're going to do it but they still bite. Though when you actually look at the play versus a stretch play, they start out exactly the same all the way down to the offensive line taking their first step. And if there is one thing Matt Schaub is elite at it's hiding the football on a PA. The play really isn't fair, there is no way for the defense to stop it aside from guessing.

Never saw this last year but this Texans "Underdog" youtube video is really well done. The narrationa nd music are incredible and highlights of almost any team could be used in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk&list=FLWFNJW3ERt4gMSPTn4jvwBg&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Just awesome!
That one and the "Why Not?" video really get me going,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MwWl_-KH0xU

This season is really awesome for Texans fans, being 10-1 and all, but last season was just downright magical. F*** YOU JACOBY JONES for cancelling our trip to the AFCCG and ending that season short!

I almost want the Colts to get good fast for next season, having such a clear shot a the division and top seed is awesome but that feeling last year was special.

jmdajr

This season is really awesome for Texans fans, being 10-1 and all, but last season was just downright magical. F*** YOU Jacoby Jones for cancelling our trip to the AFCCG and ending that season short!

We come close to winning with a 3rd string QB on a road game where the other team had a week off! Damn defense gave EVERYTHING they had, and offense did what they could.

Now you got me worked up!

I miss Kurt Warner. Such a stand up guy. He was the Tebow of his time but he was actually amazing at points in his career.
YOU miss him??? j/k Man, if only we had him with this defense :( He was a classy guy with strong leadership and the cajones to butt heads with Haley while still maintaining a respectful relationship with him. Religious man but never felt overbearing.
I have this huge desire for lemon pepper chicken wings. Like RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
This has nothing to do with the topic.

Swung by Popeyes for lunch, saw they have some crawfish special and thought about how much I want to visit NO for some real cajun food.

squicken

Yes, it is - McCarthy has always been about balance.

I have no faith in Green, and I really expected Benson to be a nice boost come playoff time.

There has never been a more fall forward than Green. I have no idea what they wanted but the Rams really wanted to get rid of Stephen Jackson. Pack or Cincy could have used him

cajunator

Banned
YOU miss him??? j/k Man, if only we had him with this defense :( He was a classy guy with strong leadership and the cajones to butt heads with Haley while still maintaining a respectful relationship with him. Religious man but never felt overbearing.

Swung by Popeyes for lunch, saw they have some crawfish special and thought about how much I want to visit NO for some real cajun food.

I swear yall do this on purpose.
If you want real cajun food you go around Lafayette.

Draxal

Warner specifically talked about Eli last Sunday when talking about the Kap situation. He didn't seem even remotely bitter.

He calmed it down after he got roasted by Giants fans after the super bowl. He had a right to be bitter, he got completely fucked by that Giants team, it dealt his reputation a severe blow that thankfully he was able to recover in Arizona.

It's more an indictment on Giants fans; all that stuff that Warner/Barber/Toomer is just noise, and the fans fell for the bait pretty bad, Toomer especially got it bad on that Sirius NFL morning show.

Greg

He might be about balance but that balance doesn't make it on the field all too often.
Pass/Rush attempts of the past 3 games:

27/26
27/29
30/39

Just because they're terrible at it doesn't mean they stop running.

There has never been a more fall forward than Green. I have no idea what they wanted but the Rams really wanted to get rid of Stephen Jackson. Pack or Cincy could have used him
He would've been glorious.

Future has a point though.
Patriots have a tendency to fly high all season and then when they meet the giants they just curl up and die.

Clearly those last 3 games were flukes...

I think it's time to fire Coughlin. Please :(?!

...but I like you, Dutch!

I only respond to what I'm given and Lunchbox is the gift that keeps on giving.

You're a nice fellow, but you are a Giants fan and in my mind you look like Eli so for that you deserve a punch in the dick. Not because I want to, but because I have to. After that I would buy you a beer, because I'm a good guy.

Alex Green can't run.

James Starks can't catch. Or block. Or stay healthy.

Benson has shown the ability to run the ball effectively and catch the ball out of the backfield.
He was an important commodity before the offensive line went to shit but even more-so afterwards.

I have confidence, a fool's confidence perhaps, that Mike McCarthy will amend his precious vertical passing game.
This will allow the Packers a ticket to the dance but without depth at running back the Packers are pretty much fucked when they get to the post season.

Draxal said:
It's more an indictment on Giants fans; all that stuff that Warner/Barber/Toomer is just noise, and the fans fell for the bait pretty bad
Not to be a prick but yeah. I called the Warner issue (which you brought up) a bit of Giants fan conspiracy and your response was "I disagree with you! Warner is bitter and talks badly about Eli because of it" - and now you're saying it's an indictment of Giants fans and it's all just noise that fans fell for?

.......ok. What were we arguing about again then?

eznark

Banned
Finally checked out the OP. Bucket, you're the most dedicated Vikings fan on the board. Shitting all over the Pack for 80% of the OP and trolling Bob.

I swear yall do this on purpose.
If you want real cajun food you go around Lafayette.

I was actually planning on asking you seriously where to eat when I got around to going. I would like to experience Mardi Gras one day, however. I always focus on experiencing cultures from other nations around the world each year but I eventually need to hit up some of the domestic fare.

Some good news for Packers fans and bad news for Vikings fans:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

ESPN NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert said WR Percy Harvin "could barely jog" today and "it's hard to see him playing versus the Packers."

Top Bottom