• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Injury news on Ben doesn't sound great.

Ugh. I just wish for once that my franchise would get some good luck!

I'm fine with it, I don't want them trotting him out there. He's never played well on his first game back from injury. Let them blow Batch up and then they'll have to throw Hoyer in there, maybe he can at least reach somebody with the ball that's more than 5 yards down the field.

Draxal

Not to be a prick but yeah. I called the Warner issue (which you brought up) a bit of Giants fan conspiracy and your response was "I disagree with you! Warner is bitter and talks badly about Eli because of it" - and now you're saying it's an indictment of Giants fans and it's all just noise that fans fell for?

.......ok. What were we arguing about again then?

I think Warner is bitter about the situation, and he deserves to be bitter in the situation as he did get fucked. I think he definitely went overboard in 2010, when Eli had the 25 pick year, when he had all those tipped interceptions, and everytime I saw him it was nonstop negativity except for the presuperbowl interview .... then he has the post superbowl comment.

I disagreed with you initially more about Eli's rookie year team in that Warner failed because the plan was designed for Eli, I think Warner failed because our plan was horrible in general and the plan didn't match either Warner or Manning nor our WR corps (Remember Huffnagel did get fired for a reason), and then we went on to this weird tangent.

edit. I'm also in a contrary mood today for some reason, and I don't think you're acting like a prick one bit.

Talon

Historically we've owned the Panthers, Tampa has owned us, and we've been even with the Saints.

In recent years (Ryan-era), we still own the Panthers (7-2), Tampa keeps throwing away victories to us (7-2), and we come up one score short against the Saints(2-6 | Matt was injured and missed one matchup). I believe the margins have been under 7 for the last 8 meetings with Brees and Ryan, the exception being the DREW BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES game last season.

Historically we've owned the Panthers, Tampa has owned us, and we've been even with the Saints.

In recent years (Ryan-era), we still own the Panthers, Tampa keeps throwing away victories to us, and we come up one score short against the Saints. I believe the margins have been under 6 for the last 10 meetings with the exception of the DREW BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES game last season.
Yeah you got lucky Sunday, Tampa has no pass defense and Fatman missed wide open throws for easy TDs.

manning vs Texans is one of my favorite records!

:\

fuck it's like 2-16 or something like that

3-16 if you include this season as a Bronco, we are catching up!

No, my favorite record has to be the Texans record at Indianapolis.
0-10
Not even last year.

2-6, he was injured for the home matchup in 2010. The honorable Chris Redman was sacrificed to the Eagles and Saints that year, yet he managed to beat Tampa.
Ok, my bad. Also your last statement is pretty accurate too, aside from the one game this has been a really close - though one sided - rivarly in the Matt Ryan era.

vs Saints W 34-20
@ Saints L 25-29

@ Saints L 27-35
vs Saints L 23-26

@ Saints W 27-24
vs Saints L 14-17

vs Saints L 23-26
@ Saints L 16-45

@ Saints L 27-31

beast786

Ladies and Gentlemen your Offense player of the Month.

yahoo_megatronstadium.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
I'm fine with it, I don't want them trotting him out there. He's never played well on his first game back from injury. Let them blow Batch up and then they'll have to throw Hoyer in there, maybe he can at least reach somebody with the ball that's more than 5 yards down the field.

I wish Tomlin would start Hoyer, cant be worse than what i seen out of Batch last week!

cajunator

Banned
On a side note, when I went to Wingstop just now I noticed the old Krystal burger has been replaced with a Mediterannean restaurant. IMPROVEMENT!

NFCSouthGAF,
Why is yahoo projecting such a meh game for Lance Moore? Is he some kind of hurt? He had a huge game against Atlanta a few weeks ago, what's changed? Thinking about starting Hartline instead

jbug617

Banned
NFCSouthGAF,
Why is yahoo projecting such a meh game for Lance Moore? Is he some kind of hurt? He had a huge game against Atlanta a few weeks ago, what's changed? Thinking about starting Hartline instead

He got nailed in the SF game but I believe that both starting DB's of the Falcons are hurt

cajunator

Banned
What is Wingstop? Is it a local chain or national chain because I don't think we have any up here in MA

Its a pretty awesome wing place that hangs up old pieces of airplanes in the place.
Quite popular around here. Also they are the only restaurant in town that has that crazy high tech coke machine with the touchscreen.
www.wingstop.com

bionic77

I don't care if he misses the Ravens game, I am more worried about whether or not he comes back healthy at all this season. We have a shitty enough record and have lost to bad enough teams to be real superbowl contenders this year.

It would be a shame to throw that accomplishment away just because our qb got hurt with a freak injury.

Also, fuck the Chiefs forever. Chief fans your franchise deserves everything.

More Raiders and Rolando McClain:

Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders coach Dennis Allen said MLB Rolando McClain was asked not to attend practice today. McClain complied.

Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL

As for what's going to happen with McClain moving forward, coach Allen said: “There’s going to be consequences to his actions.”

So then just release him and be done with it? Anyone know his contract situation? Are they going to eat some big cap money by doing so?

EDIT: Geez, Raiders. Nearly 4 million apparently but I can't find any good info on his contract structure:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/rolando-mcclain/

Victor Cruz may have provided some bulletin board fodder for the Redskins by saying Wednesday that they are "still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender."
... how is this bulletin board material? Really?

"I really like the sneakers Washington wears"

BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL

tmdorsey

Getting ready to hop the train down to the dome. If the Falcons get down a huge margin and you hear about some wild fan running amuck on the Falcons sidelines with a meat cleaver, you know who it is.

jakncoke

Banned
Are yall freaking out because you lost to the Browns, or are you afraid for the season in general?

Batch should not be on a team, this season is on the brink. So many injuries, we couldnt even beat the fucking browns. Rightfully so we are panicking/annoyed/pissed..ect

cajunator

Banned
Getting ready to hop the train down to the dome. If the Falcons get down a huge margin and you hear about some wild fan running amuck on the Falcons sidelines with a meat cleaver, you know who it is.

Yall never do. Divisional games between our teams are always pretty close.
Last year was unusual but in the first game it was very close.
I always sweat these games, no matter how good the Saints are that year.

cajunator

Banned
Yep. Niners D beat our O into submission. Fuck I want a defense like that.

lol

Yeah I know.
But the whole bounty accusation thing would be a million times worse too.
At least the defense would be good.
However I would have liked to see how we would fare with a healthy oline. Strief would have probably prevented a couple of those sacks. Cannot expect a 4th stringer to hold off the 49er pass rush.

Top Bottom