• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jacoby_medium.gif

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK jacoby

LiveWire

... how is this bulletin board material? Really?

If
when
Washington makes the playoffs, and somehow they get matched up against the Giants in a game and win, that statement will come back to haunt him and the Giants. Of course, it's how Cruz thinks, and given everything you've seen from the Redskins in the past two decades, you'd be inclined to agree with him. But to say it like that is tempting fate a little bit.

WedgeX

Banned
Welp, I'm going to be in DC all weekend and won't be able to watch in horror as the Lions take on Luck. Best of luck, Lions-gaf!

On that note, I love the MARC.

Greg

I'm actually excited for tonight's game. I think that's the first time I've said that about a Thursday game since... week 3?

cajunator

Banned
I'm actually excited for tonight's game. I think that's the first time I've said that about a Thursday game since... week 3?

It could be a pretty good game. Lots of points, probably a lot of turnovers. Fat Michael Turner. Roddy being an asshole. Saints bounties everywhere.

Thursday games are just bad, they help no one. If the league is really about player safety they should get rid of them. But if the NFL really don't want to imagine a season where we can go more than 2 days without a football game then at least only schedule a team to have a Thursday night game if it follows their bye.

WedgeX

Banned
Thursday games are just bad, they help no one. If the league is really about player safety they should get rid of them. But if the NFL really don't want to imagine a season where we can go more than 2 days without a football game then at least only schedule a team to have a Thursday night game if it follows their bye.

I agree with this.

LiveWire said:
If when Washington makes the playoffs, and somehow they get matched up against the Giants in a game and win, that statement will come back to haunt him and the Giants. Of course, it's how Cruz thinks, and given everything you've seen from the Redskins in the past two decades, you'd be inclined to agree with him. But to say it like that is tempting fate a little bit.
Might be nice if we had the full comments and not just the headline being sold.

"They’re still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender, them being in legitimate talks for playoffs and things like that," Cruz said today on a conference call. "They’re still a few pieces away whether it be defensively or wherever they are missing some pieces. But I think they’ve definitely -- they’ve got to be in the conversation. They’ve got a good team, they play good football, they hold the ball for a long time, and they really do some good things. So I definitely put them in that conversation, for sure."

Cruz labeled the Redskins as a team on the rise, and said it all starts with quarterback Robert Griffin III.

"I think they have a really good team and it all starts with RG3," he said. "I think they're a team that can definitely do some good things and I would definitely see them as on the rise for sure."

The headlines of course read: "Victor Cruz Takes Shot At Redskins" or "Victor Cruz of Giants says Redskins not yet contenders", etc. It can certainly be taken as "shot" but eh, it's weak in so far as bulletin board material go.

Frankly, I worry more about the Redskins for the next few years than I do about the Cowboys/Eagles. Not something I thought I'd be saying under the Dan Snyder owned Redskins but there you go...

LiveWire

The headlines of course read: "Victor Cruz Takes Shot At Redskins" or "Victor Cruz of Giants says Redskins not yet contenders" without the fact that he acknowledges they are a team on the rise...

Victor Cruz said:
"They’re still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender, them being in legitimate talks for playoffs and things like that,"

"They’re still a few pieces away whether it be defensively or wherever they are missing some pieces. But I think they’ve definitely -- they’ve got to be in the conversation. They’ve got a good team, they play good football, they hold the ball for a long time, and they really do some good things. So I definitely put them in that conversation, for sure."

Cruz labeled the Redskins as a team on the rise, and said it all starts with quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Which is it Cruz? The Redskins are a team that's overachieving and will fall back down to earth? Or they belong in a conversation as a playoff contender? It sounds like he started to realize what he really was saying (and what everyone knows the Giants think of the Redskins) and that he was about to give them "bulletin board material."

Futurevoid said:
Frankly, I worry more about the Redskins for the next few years than I do about the Cowboys/Eagles. Not something I thought I'd be saying under the Dan Snyder owned Redskins but there you go...

As you should. The Redskins are likely be winning the division for a long time to come, assuming RG3 stays healthy. But the Giants were on a 10-game winning streak against the Redskins since 2006. Just because they dropped two last year, I don't think they fear the Redskins any more now than they did before. Even if the Giants lose this game, they won't care. It will take a playoff loss to the Redskins for the Giants to really start to fear them.

Talon

How is Cruz's statement wrong? Team obviously misses Orakpo, Kerrigan, Davis, and the secondary hasn't been too hot. Offensive line is meh. Receivers love to drop passes, and Garcon only came back last week.

Seems like they have an answer at QB, but they definitely need pieces.
As you should. The Redskins are likely be winning the division for a long time to come, assuming RG3 stays healthy. But the Giants were on a 10-game winning streak against the Redskins since 2006. Just because they dropped two last year, I don't think they fear the Redskins any more now than they did before. Even if the Giants lose this game, they won't care. It will take a playoff loss to the Redskins for the Giants to really start to fear them.
Hey now, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Ask Panthers fans.

It's cute when a fan blows shit way out of proportion.

You're not a legit contender when you're under .500, sorry. Nevermind the Skins coach was waving the white flag 2-3 weeks ago.

Michael Irvin when asked which Superbowl contending team is the most fatally flawed, "I've been saying this all season, the Houston Texans"

I predicted that from him a mile a way. Also earlier this week he was asked which team at 6-5 is most likely to get a wild card spot and he answered, "They're not 6-5, but my answer has to be the Dallas Cowboys."

I know some of the other guys on NFL Network are really bad but Irving is reeeeally bad.

LiveWire said:
The Redskins are likely be winning the division for a long time to come, assuming RG3 stays healthy.
:jnc Proclaiming dominance in the division for "years to come" already.

Redskins "Dream Team" here we come.

LiveWire

How is Cruz's statement wrong? Team obviously misses Orakpo, Kerrigan, Davis, and the secondary hasn't been too hot. Offensive line is meh. Receivers love to drop passes, and Garcon only came back last week.

Seems like they have an answer at QB, but they definitely need pieces.

Hey now, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Ask Panthers fans.

Are you referring to Scam? There's a clear difference between RG3 and Scam. RG3 is actually a quarterback.

LiveWire

:jnc Proclaiming dominance in the division for "years to come" already.

You're right, maybe it's wrong that I assume we're due for a few lucky bounces
Brett Favre, Asante Samuel, Kyle Williams etc etc.
of our own one of these days.

It's cute when a fan blows shit way out of proportion.

You're not a legit contender when you're under .500, sorry. Nevermind the Skins coach was waving the white flag 2-3 weeks ago.

The Redskins' last two playoff appearances came from when they were 5-6 (2005, won 5 in a row) and 5-7 (2007, won 4 in a row). I guess those two playoff appearances didn't actually happen?

Not to mention that the Skins have all the wildcard tiebreakers against NFC opponents if they manage to end up with an equal record.

Michael Irvin when asked which Superbowl contending team is the most fatally flawed, "I've been saying this all season, the Houston Texans"

I predicted that from him a mile a way. Also earlier this week he was asked which team at 6-5 is most likely to get a wild card spot and he answered, "They're not 6-5, but my answer has to be the Dallas Cowboys."

I know some of the other guys on NFL Network are really bad but Irving is reeeeally bad.

Texans are flawed though. Stop that run and the whole offense shuts down.

Good luck stopping it though. And yes of course the Texans are flawed, but no more than any other team. I'm just saying Irving is the most blatantly bias analyst I've ever seen in sports.

But you are correct with the Texans flaw. It's not the secondary or receivers not named Andre Johnson, no, it's not being able to do anything if the run game doesn't work. Arian Foster has been able to put up big numbers every game this season except one, Green Bay. No surprise there.

MechDX

They have never hidden that fact. Stop it...go ahead. Its like they dare people. Oddly enough the only team that did this year was the Packers.

But Irvins comments on Houston combined with his feverish desire to masterbate at all things Cowboys shows his damn bias.

They have never hidden that fact. Stop it...go ahead. Its like they dare people. Oddly enough the only team that did this year was the Packers.

But Irvins comments on Houston combined with his feverish desire to masterbate at all things Cowboys shows his damn bias.

Irvin doesn't hide his bias though.

Hell, the NFL gameday guys laugh at him constantly for it. "Time for Irvin's pick - let me guess, Dallas Cowboys."

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Too much cocaine. Scrambled eggs for a brain.

DeaconKnowledge, every Superbowl contending team is flawed. FRAUD LEAGUE

MechDX

Irvin doesn't hide his bias though.

Hell, the NFL gameday guys laugh at him constantly. "Time for Irvin's pick - let me guess, Dallas Cowboys."

I just dont feel its needed nor warranted on a national stage. Local TV? Dont give a damn. The fact its Dallas he hypes up just shows how oblivious their own fanbase is.

That combined with the way he blurts shit out so you cant understand him mmost the times is just laughable. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Top Bottom