• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

bionic77

Haha, yeah.

Saw your post in the P4G thread, you enjoying it so far? I'm playing it for the first time and it seems pretty cool. The Vita is such a great gaming device, it's perfect for RPG's like this.
The Vita does look sexy but it needs some games.

The 3DS is proof that in the end specs mean shit if you don't have games.

Speaking of games, it is probably because I am getting old but I was super disappointed with that thread on next gen engines. It is all effects (on which the returns are getting smaller and smaller) and no one seems to give a fuck about physics. I would rather play a Madden with PS2 graphics and next gen AI and physics than one with EA delivering on the graphics they promised this gen. I mean because for the most part we are too often just playing upgraded PS2 and Xbox games (granted massive graphics upgrades, but the gameplay is no different and usually the games are not as lengthy because of how expensive it is to make them now), but I guess most people are happy with that.

eznark

Banned
Tons of games on the Vita dude, don't buy into the gaming side propaganda. I've got more of a backlog on my Vita than on any console right now.

Might as well get as good a look as you can out of Foles, I suppose.

I wonder which of Vick's preferred methods Reid will use, drowning or hanging?

The Vita does look sexy but it needs some games.

The 3DS is proof that in the end specs mean shit if you don't have games.

Speaking of games, it is probably because I am getting old but I was super disappointed with that thread on next gen engines. It is all effects (on which the returns are getting smaller and smaller) and no one seems to give a fuck about physics. I would rather play a Madden with PS2 graphics and next gen AI and physics than one with EA delivering on the graphics they promised this gen. I mean because for the most part we are too often just playing upgraded PS2 and Xbox games (granted massive graphics upgrades, but the gameplay is no different and usually the games are not as lengthy because of how expensive it is to make them now), but I guess most people are happy with that.
I'm a little concerned about future support for the Vita but so far I have had more than enough to play. Maybe it's just down to personal taste but I already own about as many Vita games as I do 3DS games (also bought one of those at launch) and before the holiday season hit I had bought more games for my Vita than any other platform. Like I said, future support is still up in the air but I think this thing has had a better first year than any other handheld gaming system I can think of, at least in terms of the number of games I've picked up for it.

And in general I think the Vita has had a much, much better year than the 3DS.

bionic77

Tons of games on the Vita dude, don't buy into the gaming side propaganda. I've got more of a backlog on my Vita than on any console right now.

I wonder which of Vick's preferred methods Reid will use, drowning or hanging?
I guess.

I barely have time for my 3DS (which is why I can't really consider a Wii U or Vita at the moment). If I get a Vita I would like to make it my sports console. As long as they get the physics right and don't give me PS2 physics bullshit then I would rather play FIFA on the Vita than on my PS3.

Handhelds just suit my life better at this moment than the main consoles. And honestly it might be just me, but I liked DS games much better than the home console games (for the most part). They were more fun and often had better gameplay (at least for me).

eznark

Banned
Yeah, 3DS is rad too. I'm playing Paper Mario and Layton right now on it. So good, especially Paper Mario. Game is fucking great.

bionic77

I'm a little concerned about future support for the Vita but so far I have had more than enough to play. Maybe it's just down to personal taste but I already own about as many Vita games as I do 3DS games (also bought one of those at launch) and before the holiday season hit I had bought more games for my Vita than any other platform. Like I said, future support is still up in the air but I think this thing has had a better first year than any other handheld gaming system I can think of, at least in terms of the number of games I've picked up for it.

And in general I think the Vita has had a much, much better year than the 3DS.
Not possible. 3DS had Kid Icarus.

I guess.

I barely have time for my 3DS (which is why I can't really consider a Wii U or Vita at the moment). If I get a Vita I would like to make it my sports console. As long as they get the physics right and don't give me PS2 physics bullshit then I would rather play FIFA on the Vita than on my PS3.

Handhelds just suit my life better at this moment than the main consoles. And honestly it might be just me, but I liked DS games much better than the home console games (for the most part). They were more fun and often had better gameplay (at least for me).
This was a huge draw for me with the Vita and honestly it's been extremely disappointing so far. The launch version of FIFA was pretty good but I didn't buy it because I knew FIFA 13 would be out later in the year (although I did play the demo a ton) but FIFA 13 on the Vita ended up being exactly the same as the first release with nothing more than a roster update. Basically EA just didn't want to put the money in. The Madden version that the Vita got this year is also completely underwhelming, it's basically Madden 12 running at a horrible frame-rate with none of the good additions from '13. Then with NBA 2K they aren't even bothering to release the game, even though they are still making them for PSP.

It's sad really, the system would be incredible for sports games if developers could be bothered to care about it.

Not possible. 3DS had Kid Icarus.
Kid Icarus is better than anything on the Vita, I'll grant you that (with the possible exception of MGS3).

The thing is, other than Kid Icarus the 3DS has been weak for me this year. I just picked up RE: Revelations on BF and haven't tried that yet but other than that the only games I got were Mario Tennis Open (played it a lot but it's very basic), Mutant Mudds, NSMB2 (fun but kind of underwhelming compared to the superb 3D Land), Theatrhythm, and Cave Story +.

Next year it will automatically win because of Fire Emblem, though.

Tamanon

Banned
I still haven't found a 3DS game I want to buy. All I have are DS games. At least my Vita has Vita and PSP games on it I want.

bionic77

I still haven't found a 3DS game I want to buy. All I have are DS games. At least my Vita has Vita and PSP games on it I want.
If you are not into Kid Icarus or Mario 3D Land then that combined with your fascination with the Jags means there is definitely something wrong with you!

This was a huge draw for me with the Vita and honestly it's been extremely disappointing so far. The launch version of FIFA was pretty good but I didn't buy it because I knew FIFA 13 would be out later in the year (although I did play the demo a ton) but FIFA 13 on the Vita ended up being exactly the same as the first release with nothing more than a roster update. Basically EA just didn't want to put the money in. The Madden version that the Vita got this year is also completely underwhelming, it's basically Madden 12 running at a horrible frame-rate with none of the good additions from '13. Then with NBA 2K they aren't even bothering to release the game, even though they are still making them for PSP.

It's sad really, the system would be incredible for sports games if developers could be bothered to care about it.

Kid Icarus is better than anything on the Vita, I'll grant you that (with the possible exception of MGS3).

The thing is, other than Kid Icarus the 3DS has been weak for me this year. I just picked up RE: Revelations on BF and haven't tried that yet but other than that the only games I got were Mario Tennis Open (played it a lot but it's very basic), Mutant Mudds, NSMB2 (fun but kind of underwhelming compared to the superb 3D Land), Theatrhythm, and Cave Story +.

Next year it will automatically win because of Fire Emblem, though.
That is disappointing to hear about the lazy ass ports to the Vita for sports games. It does seem perfect for it.

Tastes can change but honestly the best Vita games seem to be ports or redos of PS3 games and that is not what I am looking for in my handhelds (I don't have one so I could be missing on some great stuff too). And because I am busy 3-4 great games is more than enough for me for any console. Kid Icarus, 3D Land, Paper Mario and Layton are more than enough for me in a year, and I probably won't even get time for all of them.

Slo

WTF that next gen engines thread makes me want to start gaming again. Holy shit.

Fuck you Bionic. You're old and jaded.

bionic77

WTF that next gen engines thread makes me want to start gaming again. Holy shit.

Fuck you Bionic. You're old and jaded.
I don't give a fuck about graphics anymore. I am more into gameplay. Just make it fun. Handhelds have more games that to me are just more fun these days.

I am definitely old, probably jaded, but rarely wrong!

That is disappointing to hear about the lazy ass ports to the Vita for sports games. It does seem perfect for it.

Tastes can change but honestly the best Vita games seem to be ports or redos of PS3 games and that is not what I am looking for in my handhelds (I don't have one so I could be missing on some great stuff too). And because I am busy 3-4 great games is more than enough for me for any console. Kid Icarus, 3D Land, Paper Mario and Layton are more than enough for me in a year, and I probably won't even get time for all of them.
Actually I agree with you, if I get 3 to 4 great games for a handheld during the course of the year I am more than happy. The problem is I think the 3DS has really only had one this year, but I haven't tried Layton or Paper Mario so maybe those could convince me otherwise. I'm not too disappointed though, it's been a perfectly serviceable year for the 3DS as far as I'm concerned.

But man, how cool would it be if EA and 2K did the cross-play stuff with their sports games? If I could get the console version of FIFA 13, Madden 13, or NBA 2K13 on that thing I'd be in sports gaming heaven.

eznark

Banned
Bionic isn't busy or old and jaded. His wife just won't let him play video games so he has to stash handhelds in the toilet tank and play while taking a dump.

I really want to get Paper Mario SS at some point. I picked up the NSMB for the 3DS but I have only played a little bit with the WiiU coming out. I totally agree with people bout the Vita library being really good now. With all the stuff we got from Plus I am getting a big backlog. Little Big Planet is so good on it. The extra touch controls work really well and really add to the experience.

bionic77

Bionic isn't busy or old and jaded. His wife just won't let him play video games so he has to stash handhelds in the toilet tank and play while taking a dump.
Nah I usually play in bed for a little bit after the kids go to sleep.

Playing on the toilet, not so much.

The PS3 is pretty much our Netflix and Blu-Ray player. The Wii I am not even sure where I stored it.

I don't really love any of the WiiU games, but the ability to play games on the pad seems so perfect for the way I play games these days. If they put up all the SNES and Genesis games up the U store and let me play them on the pad I would buy the system for that alone.

Speaking of dumb shit Nintendo does. Why the fuck can't I download GBA games on the 3DS? Is my money no good for Nintendo?

bionic77

Bionics wife probably catches him playing at night and beats on him making him come on here and take out his frustrations on various teams.
How about you wait until you are able to let a girl touch you, let alone agree to live with you or marry you or have kids with you, before you come back with how whipped I am (which in the grand scheme of things I am not that whipped, I just look pretty whipped in comparison to eznark who lives by a whole set of a different rules that most people in this country).

How about you wait until you are able to let a girl touch you, let alone agree to live with you or marry you or have kids with you, before you come back with how whipped I am (which in the grand scheme of things I am not that whipped, I just look pretty whipped in comparison to eznark who lives by a whole set of a different rules that most people in this country).

So defensive

eznark

Banned

tested_normship21b3uk1.gif

bionic77

I am more whipped by the kids than my wife, and you don't have that problem having only one kid and not really doing anything to take care of her (besides providing money, heat and food). If I did not have to take care of the kids when I came back from the office and on the weekends I would have a shit load of time for myself to watch tv, post on GAF and workout and play games and shit.

Twins are a doozy. If we had had one kid I don't think my life would have changed very much. I am crazy enough to want more but my wife is afraid for now. I am sure she will cave once the kids go to pre-school or daycare.

eznark

Banned
I am more whipped by the kids than my wife, and you don't have that problem having only one kid and not really doing anything to take care of her (besides providing money, heat and food). If I did not have to take care of the kids when I came back from the office and on the weekends I would have a shit load of time for myself to watch tv, post on GAF and workout and play games and shit.

Twins are a doozy. If we had had one kid I don't think my life would have changed very much. I am crazy enough to want more but my wife is afraid for now. I am sure she will cave once the kids go to pre-school or daycare.

:(

You never listen when I talk

Slo

I have no idea what is going on this .gif.

Two house husbands were able to sneak away from their alpha-wives and finally get time to build that Star Wars Legos set they've been texting each other about since last Christmas.

Talon

Two house husbands were able to sneak away from their alpha-wives and finally get time to build that Star Wars Legos set they've been texting each other about since last Christmas.
Why is the asian so much faster? Because we're better math, right?

bionic77

:(

You never listen when I talk
Was the 2nd kid already born?

If so then how the fuck are you still acting the fool with NeoGAF posts, television and videogames? I figure your wife needs some help these days. Or did her mom move in to help :)lol)?

I always read your posts ez, but I have been busy as fuck with work lately so I can't give GAF, my kids, or my team the attention they really deserve.

eznark

Banned
Was the 2nd kid already born?

If so then how the fuck are you still acting the fool with NeoGAF posts, television and videogames? I figure your wife needs some help these days. Or did her mom move in to help :)lol)?

I always read your posts ez, but I have been busy as fuck with work lately so I can't give GAF, my kids, or my team the attention they really deserve.

I always tell you, stop sleeping! I help out plenty when I am at home but we put the kids to bed at 9.

He is about 6 weeks old now by the way.

Gigglepoo

Sam bradford has two offensive weapons, no oline, a no name defense, a shitty offensive coach, and he still doesn't get credit around here? The rams may be mediocre, but the qb sure isn't. When Alex
smith had that going for him he blew chunks.

He's no RGIII

bionic77

I always tell you, stop sleeping! I help out plenty when I am at home but we put the kids to bed at 9.

He is about 6 weeks old now by the way.
My daughter goes to bed between 9 and 10.

My son we are lucky to put him to bed by 10. Last night the bugger went to bed after 11! He is really stubborn, can't get him to go to sleep earlier. Kid has so much energy that he hates to sleep, which is cute, but when you have to get up at 6 or 7 the next day, not so much. We are working on fixing it, but everytime we try to put them to sleep together at the same time it is a disaster.

Truthfully the one thing I give up sleep for is usually basketball. I will get up early to play even if I am only operating on 4-5 hours of sleep. But if I don't sleep enough then I feel like I won't be sharp enough the next day if I am in court or in the middle of a deposition or something. But as for games, GAF and television. Fuck it. As long as I have time to eat, sleep and bathe everything else is a luxury.

P.S. When you son gets older take the fam on a vacation to Atlantis. Sconis are actually welcome there. I saw a non-obese family down there. Just remember that sharks are dangerous animals!

Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for "conduct detrimental to the team". He is not released. No word on how long the suspension is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ando-mcclain-for-conduct-detrimental-to-team/

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Raiders have suspended McClain for conduct detrimental to the team. However, Glazer reports that the Raiders are not releasing McClain, who wrote on Facebook after missing practice Wednesday that he was officially done with the team.

There’s no word on how long McClain is suspended for, although other Raiders players told Glazer it’s for more than just this week. At this point it seems unlikely that McClain will play for the Raiders again this year: The team is going nowhere, McClain is not playing well and he clearly isn’t seeing eye to eye with the coaching staff, so it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to bring him back.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

If I just had money laying around, I would totally build one of those huge Star Destroyers.

edit: McClain will end up on the Patriots. Guarantee it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Jest actually have a chance at going on a winning streak. Their remaining schedule is powder puff soft.

Az
Gatas
Tenn
SD
Buff

FREE TEBOW!

Top Bottom