• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

bionic77 said:
My son we are lucky to put him to bed by 10. Last night the bugger went to bed after 11! He is really stubborn, can't get him to go to sleep earlier. Kid has so much energy that he hates to sleep, which is cute, but when you have to get up at 6 or 7 the next day, not so much. We are working on fixing it, but everytime we try to put them to sleep together at the same time it is a disaster.
Try putting him in his room at 9 and give him a book in bed and get a decent night light so he can look at the pictures. My 6 year old was the same when she was little. Too much energy and hated going to bed. We started doing that and over the span of a week or two we started finding her asleep within 20 minutes.

I concur with Ez though and as a father of two - stop sleeping:). I go on 5 hours a day.

bionic77

If I just had money laying around, I would totally build one of those huge Star Destroyers.

edit: McClain will end up on the Patriots. Guarantee it.
I was actually thinking of getting one, but I don't want to buy something I have no time for.

The Star Destroyer especially looks pretty awesome and I would probably even keep it in my office.

eznark

Banned
Does your wife work bionic? I feel like that's a huge rare advantage for me. She stays home where women belong!

It also allows her to keep them on a strict schedule and wear them down in time for bed.

Mrbob

I don't give a fuck about graphics anymore. I am more into gameplay. Just make it fun. Handhelds have more games that to me are just more fun these days.

I am definitely old, probably jaded, but rarely wrong!

Get into PC gaming, then. It's more varied and better than you can find versus any console or portable system. Games are cheaper, too.

The misnomer of PC gaming is that you need a power rig. This isn't true. A power setup helps make console type games look better, but there are plenty of indie games on PC which don't require a monster system.

Slo

Does your wife work bionic? I feel like that's a huge rare advantage for me. She stays home where women belong!

It also allows her to keep them on a strict schedule and wear them down in time for bed.

I assume she's barefoot 24/7, but she hasn't been pregnant for about 6 weeks? What are you some sort of filthy commie liberal?

eznark

Banned
I assume she's barefoot 24/7, but she hasn't been pregnant for about 6 weeks? What are you some sort of filthy commie liberal?

My rule was keep going til we have a boy! Now that we have blessed the world with Killajew Jr. I'm going to give her a break.

bionic77

Try putting him in his room at 9 and give him a book in bed and get a decent night light so he can look at the pictures. My 6 year old was the same when she was little. Too much energy and hated going to bed. We started doing that and over the span of a week or two we started finding her asleep within 20 minutes.

I concur with Ez though and as a father of two - stop sleeping:). I go on 5 hours a day.
We have tried that. Any kind of stimulation is the worst on him. It just riles him up. Its just another phase, that I can't wait until he grows out of. The good thing though is that he sleeps forever once he is out. He goes 11-12 hours every night and unless he is sick he never gets up. You get so spoiled though. I remember like 2 months ago I used to drop him off at like 9:30 and within 10 minutes he put himself asleep. I felt like I had so much time and life was so easy...

Dude I have done the no sleep thing. I was doing like 2-4 hours after the kids were born, but once the kids started sleeping through the night I got spoiled and I pretty much value sleep, food, and showers (plus occasional toilet time) over everything else. Also, in my job I deal with dickhead attorneys who would love to make me look like an idiot. I feel I start missing things once I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep for an extended period of time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hotline Miami was actually really good for a 3 or 4 hour game. Fantastic soundtrack.

Mark of the Ninja seems great but I haven't really sunk my teeth in yet.

bionic77

This is probably going to piss people off.

She stopped working a few months before the kids were born and even has help for a few hours in the day.

But I feel like she thinks her job is over once I come home. And I do my best to tire them out, but the buggers have so much energy.

I gotta go. No posting in the car until some genius makes an audio NeoGAF app that lets me post through bluetooth and reads the posts to me (with specific voices for each poster).

eznark

Banned

She stopped working a few months before the kids were born and even has help for a few hours in the day.

But I feel like she thinks her job is over once I come home. And I do my best to tire them out, but the buggers have so much energy.

I gotta go. No posting in the car until some genius makes an audio NeoGAF app that lets me post through bluetooth and reads the posts to me (with specific voices for each poster).

Lol I offered to get someone to do the cleaning and my wife was pissed. She loves doing that stuff. As long as she has time to run 10-20 miles a day she is happy to be a homemaker 24/7. I hit the jackpot!

Tonight is my first full night alone with both of them though. Might get ugly.

MechDX

Why are you Texans fans so eager to mention that we also play the Niners ?Do you take comfort in the fact that a good team like the Niners does have a chance to beat us, if you find out that you can't?

Someone earlier stated the Pats were going to win out. I mentioned that like Chicago you guys played the Texans/Niners back to back on prime time.

So that combined with Schaub is sexier than Brady and it is easily explained.

bionic77 said:

My wife would slap you about now. :jnc

She works (she's nursing manager at her hospital) 11pm-7am and runs the house trying to get 2 hours of sleep while the baby naps until I get home from work at 6:30pm. She hands the kids off and goes to bed for another 2 or so hours to go back to work. I'm amazed the woman can operate the way she does with such inconsistent sleep.

I get baby until 7:30pm when she goes down for sleep and Anya (my 6 year old) is in bed at 8:30pm. The rest of the night is mine. I go to bed about 1:30am-2:00am and am up at 7.

Fantomex

Daddy day care up in here

We ain't talking bout sacks and cover two, it's all bout pampers and baby poo.

tumblr_mdufhw3dzy1rav1o9.jpg

I'm kind of torn on the Pats/Texans game. On the one hand, it'd be nice to see the Texans beat up on the Pats. On the other hand, the Patriots inevitable loss to the Giants in the SB will be more satisfying if they keep winning games until then.

I'm kind of torn on the Pats/Texans game. On the one hand, it'd be nice to see the Texans beat up on the Pats. On the other hand, the Patriots loss to the Giants in the SB will be more satisfying if they keep winning games until then.

You're a cruel, cruel man. Think about your future daughters!

Pats will struggle with the Dolphins. Then face the Texans, Niners and the Henne powered Jags!!

Why are you guys talking so much shit?

Can he cover anyone?

No.

So he'll fit right in!

MechDX

Why are you guys talking so much shit?

!

New Texans cycle: Self hating, cocky then get fat.

Before the season started I said there were 3 games they would not lose this year:

1) Broncos: something to prove against Manning
2) Ravens: needed to get over that hump
3) Patriots: Like Pittsburgh last year: a big statement game

Im more worried about them overlooking the Titans this week than against the Pats.

jmdajr

Pats will struggle with the Dolphins. Then face the Texans, Niners and the Henne powered Jags!!

Chad-Henne-Sips-Gatorade-With-His-Movember-Stache-GIF.gif

Chad don't give a fuck. Throwing bombs all game long.
Probably won't win, but will throw in some scares.

"1,2....he kicked out! Can you believe it! I thought it was over!"

We have tried that. Any kind of stimulation is the worst on him. It just riles him up. Its just another phase, that I can't wait until he grows out of. The good thing though is that he sleeps forever once he is out. He goes 11-12 hours every night and unless he is sick he never gets up. You get so spoiled though. I remember like 2 months ago I used to drop him off at like 9:30 and within 10 minutes he put himself asleep. I felt like I had so much time and life was so easy...

Dude I have done the no sleep thing. I was doing like 2-4 hours after the kids were born, but once the kids started sleeping through the night I got spoiled and I pretty much value sleep, food, and showers (plus occasional toilet time) over everything else. Also, in my job I deal with dickhead attorneys who would love to make me look like an idiot. I feel I start missing things once I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep for an extended period of time.

This same thing happened to me. What I did was went into overdrive. I took my daughter to the park, for walks, ran around and played with her nonstop, and by the end she was begging to go to sleep. i did that for a month to get her into a regimen. Now she knows bed time is 8 pm. She doesn't always go to sleep right at 8 but she knows she has to be in her room.

Talon

This same thing happened to me. What I did was went into overdrive. I took my daughter to the park, for walks, ran around and played with her nonstop, and by the end she was begging to go to sleep. i did that for a month to get her into a regimen. Now she knows bed time is 8 pm. She doesn't always go to sleep right at 8 but she knows she has to be in her room.
You're a parent?! Why you are such a jerk, then? :*(

I was in a school library until ten slaving over three papers due next week, so waking up to see the line for last night's game was a damn fine way to start my day off.

I hate having a fucking tie on our record. It looks so fucking bad, especially against the lams. At least we get to win out with Kap starting (fuck the Pats and the weakass AFC).

Talon

"No," Brees said. "We feel like we're at the top of this division. Unfortunately this year we haven't played to the best of our ability. But we still have that confidence and that pride."
Okay, Drew.

Greg

I don't know about you guys, but I've always been taught that confidence and pride wins championships. And large contracts.

Top Bottom