• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Nobody could do well with that supporting cast, it's garbage, and I don't understand why Tannenbaum gets so little heat for it (he gets some but not enough).
Yep. Even if Tebow was behind that line the outcome would be the same. While Sanchez is terrible, the rest of the team is just as bad.

yankeehater said:
There are a few QBs I would take him over, and Sanchez is definitely one of them.
Replace a QB with a terrible completion percentage and an inability to hit his WR's with a QB that's even worse at doing that very thing.

Oh but he can run! Yeah, but the Jets have proven they can't run the ball consistently and have a mess of an offensive line. But its Tebow! Are you then going to redesign your offense in the way that John Fox did in the hope that teams continue to do dumb shit over and over again to gift wins ala Denver last season? Much less with 5 games left in the season for a team that has almost no hope of hitting the playoffs?

No sense can be made of this. It's a good joke and its amusing to say for the purposes of this thread but come on - seriously? What football sense does it make and in what universe? The problem with the Jets isn't that Ryan won't sit Sanchez. It's that they have no viable option behind him unless you think McElroy is ready for prime time and he's a team pariah after the stuff he said last season, apparently.

Replace a QB with a terrible completion percentage and an inability to hit his WR's with a QB that's even worse at doing that very thing.

Oh but he can run! Yeah, but the Jets have proven they can't run the ball consistently and have a mess of an offensive line. But its Tebow! Are you then going to redesign your offense in the way that John Fox did in the hope that teams continue to do dumb shit over and over again to gift wins ala Denver last season? Much less with 5 games left in the season for a team that has almost no hope of hitting the playoffs?

No sense can be made of this. It's a good joke and its amusing to say for the purposes of this thread but come on - seriously? What football sense does it make and in what universe?
I agree it's too little too late but I honestly think he should have been starting by the mid-point of the season (if not earlier). Why did they even bother signing Tebow? The Jets offense is so pathetically bad, why not try something different?

Sanchez is below average at best and he's underachieving even at that metric this season.

No sense can be made of this. It's a good joke and its amusing to say for the purposes of this thread but come on - seriously? What football sense does it make and in what universe? The problem with the Jets isn't that Ryan won't sit Sanchez. It's that they have no viable option behind him unless you think McElroy is ready for prime time and he's a team pariah after the stuff he said last season, apparently.

Both QBs have terrible completion %'s and their WRs are horrible. Passing the ball has gotten them no where this year. People forget that Denver couldnt run the ball last year before Tebow took over. With the schedule the Jets have left, if winning was their priority I think they would have a better shot with Tebow. Their OC has already designed an offense around the wildcat so that wouldnt be a problem, also the ball control offense would give the D a boost just like it did in Denver last year. Neither guy is a long term fix but I think Tebow would be better right now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
After he lined up incorrectly on purpose?! Lol, who the fuck is going to give up value for that fucktard?

Like Wedge said, someone will take a chance on him just because of his talent. It's not just having Megatron lining up opposite of him, T Young has speed, hands and can get open. Reminds me of MEsean Jackson for those reasons and the selfishness.

But I have this feeling he'll get kicked out of the league for a year, and come back telling everyone how sorry he is and how he was a dumb ass when he was younger.

eznark

Banned
Like Wedge said, someone will take a chance on him just because of his talent.

But I have this feeling he'll get kicked out of the league for a year, and come back telling everyone how sorry he is and how he was a dumb ass when he was younger.

Sure they will, as a free agent.

yankeehater said:
Passing the ball has gotten them no where this year.
Exclusively running the ball out of the Tebow wildcat with that offensive line will? :jnc No offense but I'm still wondering if you're just pulling my leg at this point.

The Jets season is over. Their defense is a shell of the unit that they had in the two AFC Championship runs and have done an extremely poor job of restocking lost talent. They don't have a running game but still claim to be ground and pound and they are hamstrung with Mark Sanchez whether they like it or not in 2013 thanks to that ridiculous contract they gave him. They are not sitting Sanchez, nor should they unless they want to go further into irrelevancy than they already are or they produce an actual viable alternative.

harSon

Banned
I'm not sure if I'm going to even bother watching the game now :|

The Ravens are just going to stack the box and focus on our short game, cause Batch doesn't have the arm strength to go deep. They'll probably just pressure/blitz us to hell, which is likely going to work since injuries have forced us to rearrange our offensive line.

The game is going to be ugly :( Our only chance of winning is Batch getting knocked out early so we're forced to bring Hoyer in.

bionic77

Exclusively running the ball out of the Tebow wildcat with that offensive line will? :jnc No offense but I'm still wondering if you're just pulling my leg at this point.

The Jets season is over. Their defense is a shell of the unit that they had in the two AFC Championship runs and have done an extremely poor job of restocking lost talent. They don't have a running game but still claim to be ground and pound and they are hamstrung with Mark Sanchez whether they like it or not in 2013 thanks to that ridiculous contract they gave him. They are not sitting Sanchez, nor should they unless they want to go further into irrelevancy than they already are or they produce an actual viable alternative.
You must be an atheist.

The Ravens are just going to stack the box and focus on our short game, cause Batch doesn't have the arm strength to go deep. They'll probably just pressure/blitz us to hell, which is likely going to work since injuries have forced us to rearrange our offensive line.

The game is going to be ugly :( Our only chance of winning is Batch getting knocked out early so we're forced to bring Hoyer in.

You'll watch and cry into your beer like the rest of loserbros!

JABEE

If I have to watch the Eagles get embarrassed by the Panthers. The Carolina Panthers. You should have to watch the still in-contention Steelers play the Ravens.

harSon

Banned
If I have to watch the Eagles get embarrassed by the Panthers. The Carolina Panthers. You should have to watch the still in-contention Steelers play the Ravens.

You're used to disappointment though. After consecutive Championship Game losses, and years of underachieving and missed opportunities, this season is simply par for the course to Eagle's fans.

Steeler fans are used to Super Bowl wins, appearances and at the very least, playoff appearances. And I'm being sarcastic about not watching the game, not only was the 2009 5-game losing streak so much worst than this, but I'm a Pirates fan so I'm accustomed to getting bent over and raw dogged by my sports teams.

No lite either?

Nope! It's basically straight liquor and/or mixed with diet sodas for me! It's a sad life, but the weight loss is worth it :p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Even us Lions fans watched games when Charlie Batch was here, geez.

I remember when I was in middle school(2000?), I begged my mom to buy me a Charlie Batch after a Monday Night game we had won and she did.

I rocked that jersey with swag for a couple weeks with a false hope we found our QB for the decade. Oh how wrong I was. :( My friends always bring up my Charlie Batch #10 jersey when we get together.

Football Outsiders has an article on "Shutdown Lineman" or offensive line players and the sacks they've allowed this season.

http://footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2012/under-pressure-shutdown-tackles

The first chart is lineman with at least 500 snaps who've allowed no sacks.
The second is a chart of lineman who've allowed the fewest sacks.

This is a bit incomplete as it would be useful to see the amount of pressures/hurries to go along with the sack number. I mean what good are you if you haven't given up a sack but give up 10 QB hurries a game? Interesting reading nonetheless.

MechDX

Football Outsiders has an article on "Shutdown Lineman" or offensive line players and the sacks they've allowed this season.

http://footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2012/under-pressure-shutdown-tackles

The first chart is lineman with at least 500 snaps who've allowed no sacks.
The second is a chart of lineman who've allowed the fewest sacks.

This is a bit incomplete as it would be useful to see the amount of pressures/hurries to go along with the sack number. I mean what good are you if you haven't given up a sack but give up 10 QB hurries a game? Interesting reading nonetheless.

click link......scan for Duane Brown..... OH YEAH!! Right on top!

Left tackle Duane Brown was considered a little bit of an overdraft when the Texans took him in the first round in 2008. Four years later, he’s one of the main reasons the Texans are one of the best teams in the NFL.

Brown has kept Matt Schaub’s jersey nice and clean this year. He’s given up one sack in 12 games, best among all NFL tackles.

DawneBrown.jpg

MY MAN!

harSon

Banned
I remember when I was in middle school(2000?), I begged my mom to buy me a Charlie Batch after a Monday Night game we had won and she did.

I rocked that jersey with swag for a couple weeks with a false hope we found our QB for the decade. Oh how wrong I was. :( My friends always bring up my Charlie Batch #10 jersey when we get together.

I had a tendency to buy jerseys of players who would leave/be kicked off the team in the off-season. Two in a row in fact. Joey Porter and Santanio Holmes. The next jersey I got was James Harrison's, and unfortunately that was purchased while I was in the middle of dieting, and ~100 pounds later... that Jersey fits like a dress now :|

I have terrible luck with jerseys. My ex-roommate also destroyed my Authentic McCutchen jersey.

I want to buy a new Steelers and Pirates jersey sometime in the near future, but I'm going to make sure my body is at a point where it's not going to grow/shrink out of it fitting exactly how I want it to fit...

harSon

Banned
You are a hypocrite. You accept one virgin but deny another?

Also harson you cray. Ravens is always must see tv. Even with Batch.

I have a feeling that this game is going to be like our away game at Baltimore last season, ie. a complete blowout, instead of the back and fourth close games we're the rivalry is known for. It's probably been damn near 5 seasons since I've missed a Steelers game, and I'm not going to end that streak now, but I'm fully expecting to be pissed the fuck off by day's end :p

pff between work, the gym, and personal time(sport watching, etc) I feel like getting married with children will make me fat, tired, depressed, and yell more at other people on the internet about stupid things.

Also I would probably become a shoe salesman.

Sanchez is due $8.5m guaranteed. I dont see how the Jets can afford to flush another year on him starting over so little money. If he wont renegotiate then sit his ass on the bench for a year and let someone better play.

You really dont think Tebow could do better?

Tebow is a garbage ass QB. Why are people in denial of this. He puts up the kinds of numbers that got Jamarcus Russell kicked out of the league. He is worse than Mark Sanchez, who himself is terrible. Change for the sake of change is something desperate losers do.

pff between work, the gym, and personal time(sport watching, etc) I feel like getting married with children will make me fat, tired, depressed, and yell more at other people on the internet about stupid things.

Also I would probably become a shoe salesman.
Would you start the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood?

bionic77

Tebow is a garbage ass QB. Why are people in denial of this. He puts up the kinds of numbers that got Jamarcus Russell kicked out of the league. He is worse than Mark Sanchez, who himself is terrible. Change for the sake of change is something desperate losers do.
We believe in Tebow because we are not godless assholes.

All he does is win. I would have traded Ben for Tebow if I was a GM.

harSon

Banned
We believe in Tebow because we are not godless assholes.

All he does is win. I would have traded Ben for Tebow if I was a GM.

How the mighty have fallen. I remember the days when you rightfully referred to Ben as the Messiah, and now look what you've become, the worshiper of a false idol halfback. Heartbreaking.

Top Bottom