• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

bionic77

Absolutely had the same experience . but because of NFL GAF I give it a shot. And I am glad I did. Sysytem is pretty cool, and as long as Sony and ms haven't launched there next gen, wii u will be very serviceable. Even the gimmick of gamepad is better than motion control. I do hate taking my eyes off the tv to my gamepad but pros are greater than cons. if you are a gamer, I would for sure recommend WiiU.
It's a giant DS. The DS was by far the best system last gen. Not even close.

That alone has me interested in the U. I will miss the split controller of the Wii though. Did not play many games on it (though the ones I played paid for the system and more) but it was so comfortable using the split controller.

cajunator

Banned
also theres nothing wrong with semi auto rifles.
Kind of fun to shoot. I have an AR15. Same ammo as my CZ 527 rifle.
Havent been to the range in a while though :(

bionic77

also theres nothing wrong with semi auto rifles.
Kind of fun to shoot. I have an AR15. Same ammo as my CZ 527 rifle.
Havent been to the range in a while though :(
I have to disagree. I don't want toothless people in the bayou to have assault rifles. I barely trust them with cars and the Internet.

i got gran turismo 5 "XL Edition" on black friday for $10. i'm just getting around to (trying) to play it. so i pop it in and redeem the DLC voucher. boom easy enough, takes about 5 seconds. pop in the game. 2 GB install. alright. that takes i don't know... 15-20 mins or something. alright sweet, time to get on some racing action! wait, there is an update needed. 200 mb. alright no big deal, shouldn't take too long.

but wait! that 200 mb is the first of 8 "updates" that need to be done.... all of varying size! 200 mb, 475 mb, 700 mb, etc etc.

so i stuck the disk in at about 9:15 am. it is now 9:56 am and my update is 58% done. maybe ill go play nsmbwiiU for another hour or something while this game does its thing. god bless you sorny

This is why you were supposed to buy it on day one and then just get one update at a time like the cool kids. Anyway, most of the updates are really worth it cause they improve the game by a ton over the original release. Too bad they couldn't just combine all the updates into one though, you'd think in this day and age that would be doable.

Bowser

The alleged tipping point in the Chiefs tragedy?

An argument over the girlfriend staying out late after a Trey Songz concert Friday night.

wtf

cajunator

Banned
I have to disagree. I don't want toothless people in the bayou to have assault rifles. I barely trust them with cars and the Internet.

hardly anyone lives IN the bayous.
They also arent toothless. I think you are thinking of appalachians?
Cajun people are pretty laid back and simplistic in terms of living standards, but they arent backwards hillbillies either. Of course I live in a city and I see Rolls royces and Aston Martins daily. Its quite different from out in the countryside.
But generally everybody has guns here, even the kids. If I see a dude with a gun rack or a assault rifle in his truck its just kind of normal so I dont pay it any mind.
Sometimes my friends get a new handgun or something and they bring it over to the house.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I thought you lived in New York though? Lions fan living in NY?

No, born and raised in LA. Lion fans are an endangered species out here.

The alleged tipping point in the Chiefs tragedy?

An argument over the girlfriend staying out late after a Trey Songz concert Friday night.

wtf

In situations like this I always feel bad for the guy, even after his fucked up act. I mean how fucked up in the head do you have to be to do something like that? Really sad situation all around. Wonder what caused him to snap....

No, born and raised in LA. Lion fans are an endangered species out here.

In situations like this I always feel bad for the guy, even after his fucked up act. I mean how fucked up in the head do you have to be to do something like that? Really sad situation all around. Wonder what caused him to snap....

They are an endangered species in Michigan too.

All this makes you wonder if someone hasn't seen signs of this happening or signs of him seeming a bit off. While I don't think it is a coaches or teammates job to babysit a player, I imagine there had to be something going on with his body language that served as some sort if sign.

beast786

Most football games come down to one possssion in the 4th quarter. A qb who can lead game winning drives is often the difference between winning and losing.

Your team is irrelevant but as a Steelers fan I have seen that value in what our team can do before and after Big Ben.

You can say whatever you want about stafford but being not cutch is 100% factually false
http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/2012/10/29/3572486/matthew-stafford-comebacks-detroit-lions

But that doesn't mean stafford was not the reason the team was behind in first place. as a lions fan I am not sure how clutch your QB c.batch has been, but to discount the fact that if the QB did his job for 3 other q , then maybe the QB didn't had to bail himself out in last 2 min. Of course I gave credit to winning, but to me unless its a shoot out, the win is a win.

beast786

It's a giant DS. The DS was by far the best system last gen. Not even close.

it's not a DS . you can view both screens at same time because they are right on top of each other and in your primary gaze. Annoying part about wii u gamepad is you can only see one or the other.

NawidA

Banned
I don't get the need some people have to find someone else besides the piece of shit who did it for the shootings.
Because mental illness is not a joke? I mean, was he just a evil fuck? Doesn't seem likely and suicide usually indicates serious issues that could've been dealt with.

eznark

Banned
Because mental illness is not a joke? I mean, was he just a evil fuck? Doesn't seem likely and suicide usually indicates serious issues that could've been dealt with.

So it's the fault of people around him for not "recognizing waning signs" give me a break.

Functional result is the same. A piece of shit snapped and unfortunately took someone with him. Thank god the kid is ok.

NawidA

Banned
So it's the fault of people around him for not "recognizing waning signs" give me a break.

Functional result is the same. A piece of shit snapped and unfortunately took someone with him. Thank god the kid is ok.
Who said this? And how do you know he was a piece of shit before he snapped? And why are you ignoring the irrationality that often comes with mental illness?

eznark

Banned
Who said this? And how do you know he was a piece of shit before he snapped? And why are you ignoring the irrationality that often comes with mental illness?

It's been mentioned, my post was directed at goldy. And why do I care about the "irrationality of mental illness" as though it somehow changes what he did.

I never said he was a piece of shit before this morning. Barely knew anything about him.

Omega

Banned
It's been mentioned, my post was directed at goldy. And why do I care about the "irrationality of mental illness" as though it somehow changes what he did.

I never said he was a piece of shit before this morning. Barely knew anything about him.

You're missing his point.

but please, continue to call someone you never even heard about before today a piece of shit.

eznark

Banned
You're missing his point.

but please, continue to call someone you never even heard about before today a piece of shit.

No problem, will do! Guy just murdered someone and I'm supposed to be concerned with his mental state. Ok.

And I assume just about everyone here has at least heard of him.

Never said it was the coaches or players fault. I was just wondering if their might have been a chance to prevent this.

I'm a little surprised they are planning to play the game tomorrow like nothing happened, especially since it's in Kansas City right at the crime scene (not to mention how hard it will be on the players and the coach who had to witness this with his own eyes). It's not like any team is playing for anything (1-10 and 3-8).

Why does everything have to be black and white? It's not all any one persons fault.

As already mentioned, mental illness is no joke. The people around him could have recognized it and tried to help him, but obviously we're not going to arrest them like they did anything wrong. Ultimately it was Belcher who made the horrific decisions, but at the same time it's good to investigate everyone who was around him leading up to these acts so we can better understand metal illnesses and have a better chance to catch it next time before it happens. And believe me, this is not the last time something like this will happen.

Slo

It's not all any one persons fault.

whiterussian.gif

Rorschach

When I was a kid, you'd make your siblings watch as a ploy to give you more play time. "You are playing! You're helping!" There are some games that are fun to spectate (mostly multiplayer), but why would anyone sit through someone else playing FF games? It's hard enough to play those yourself. It's like a multitasking game where you are listening to something or watching TV to avoid the hours of boring random encounters.

eznark

Banned
Obviously and no matter what society does to try and hand wring and navel gaze and finger point people are going to keep doing terrible things to each other. Shit happens! Water is wet!

Lee Hacksaw Hamilton ‏@hacksaw1090

"Chiefs captain Tamba Hali asked NFL to postpone game...NFL response "Play on"..do not understand this at all."

squicken

Landry is a disaster but his coaches do him no favors. TCU dares them to run and they just won't do it. Landy seems like a 3rd/4th round stash guy that could maybe get coached up

edit: are the players willing to forgo their salaries to not play the game? it's insensitive but that's their job.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When I was a kid, you'd make your siblings watch as a ploy to give you more play time. "You are playing! You're helping!" There are some games that are fun to spectate (mostly multiplayer), but why would anyone sit through someone else playing FF games? It's hard enough to play those yourself. It's like a multitasking game where you are listening to something or watching TV to avoid the hours of boring random encounters.

My younger brother at least would sit there and watch me play RPGs so he knew what to expect.

He would never go further then where I left off because he was afraid of losing.

Narag

When he first started doing that, I got into the habit of leaving his stream on in the background for the music!

Rorschach

I'm kinda with ez. I have no sympathy for a murderer of an innocent person. You're all jumping on ez for assuming things, but you're all assuming he was bat shit insane or that it was caused by a brain injury. No info real info has come out and y'all playing doctor already. All my sympathy is with the victims. At least we didn't go to victim blaming (almost did with that concert comment... I don't know how that was relevant).

Slo

edit: are the players willing to forgo their salaries to not play the game? it's insensitive but that's their job.

Brady Quinn must have some performance intensives that he's trying to meet!

I say play the game. Just get it fucking over with. As a tribute players can wear a #59 next to one of those fake bullet holes on their helmets.

Ok, what I mean by that is do you honestly just think this guy was some super evil person? He made it a point to thank a couple people right before he killed himself, something was obviously wrong with this guys head.

For example, we can all agree that something like depression is an actually disease, not just someone being super sad all the time. There are actual scientific biological factors that cause this. So if we can agree that there are diseases that can mess with your brain, why should we just write this off as Belcher being an evil jerk?

I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault for what Belcher did. All I'm saying is we shouldn't tell ourselves that in the situations like this the guy is just naturally evil and there's nothing we could of done. If we keep telling ourselves that then stuff like this will just keep on happening.

Whats the point of postponing it? Funerals won't be til Monday at the very earliest. Would they rather miss those?

Because 24 hours before the game a guy who a lot of guys on the Chiefs are probably close to blew his brains out in front of their coaches. Maybe they want some time to breathe. Maybe playing a game of football is the last thing on their mind right now. If somebody blew their brains out at your office I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be expected to come back the next day like it's business as usual.

Top Bottom