• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

squicken

i don't watch soccer, but it doesn't bode well for the other team in the mls cup when the ads talk about beckam's legacy in the promos w/o mentioning the opposition

bionic77

it's not a DS . you can view both screens at same time because they are right on top of each other and in your primary gaze. Annoying part about wii u gamepad is you can only see one or the other.
The two screens were used in a lot of different ways, most often devs were lazy and just used it for items and maps.

It's definitely something different than we have had before on consoles. I don't have any hope of western devs even trying to take advantage of it. My hope for the U is that Japanese devs get their shit together and make this their main platform. All the good Japanese games last gen were on DS (outside of Nintendo). I am hoping we get a similar output on the U this gen.

BigAT

I appreciate how difficult it is to reschedule a game, but I'm guessing no one at the NFL offices will have the guts to propose straight cancelling the game. It's not like either team is going to sniff the playoffs, game is pretty much meaningless.

Slo

Ok, what I mean by that is do you honestly just think this guy was some super evil person? He made it a point to thank a couple people right before he killed himself, something was obviously wrong with this guys head.

For example, we can all agree that something like depression is an actually a disease, not just someone being super sad all the time. There are actual scientific biological factors that cause this. So if we can agree that there are diseases that can mess with your brain, why should we just write this off as Belcher being an evil jerk?

I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault for what Belcher did. All I'm saying is we shouldn't tell ourselves that in the situations like this the guy is just naturally evil and there's nothing we could of done. If we keep telling ourselves that then stuff like this will just keep on happening.

As someone who's had two very close family member each blow their own brains out, I think I can speak with some level of authority when I say "fuck selfish suicidal assholes. Fuck them right in their entry wounds."

K-19

Banned
snes is french?

No, I am. I linked it from my version

When I was a kid, you'd make your siblings watch as a ploy to give you more play time. "You are playing! You're helping!" There are some games that are fun to spectate (mostly multiplayer), but why would anyone sit through someone else playing FF games? It's hard enough to play those yourself. It's like a multitasking game where you are listening to something or watching TV to avoid the hours of boring random encounters.

Show some support with a former gaffer.

I appreciate how difficult it is to reschedule a game, but I'm guessing no one at the NFL offices will have the guts to propose straight cancelling the game. It's not like either team is going to sniff the playoffs, game is pretty much meaningless.

They can't afford the fantasy football backlash.

mr2xxx

Banned
Whats the point of postponing it? Funerals won't be til Monday at the very earliest. Would they rather miss those?

They need time to cope, hard to give a fuck about a game when this happens to someone you consider a friend. Add that to the fact they might of witnessed him blowing his brains out, not sure though only heard about the coaches seeing it.

BigAT

Ok, what I mean by that is do you honestly just think this guy was some super evil person? He made it a point to thank a couple people right before he killed himself, something was obviously wrong with this guys head.

For example, we can all agree that something like depression is an actually disease, not just someone being super sad all the time. There are actual scientific biological factors that cause this. So if we can agree that there are diseases that can mess with your brain, why should we just write this off as Belcher being an evil jerk?

I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault for what Belcher did. All I'm saying is we shouldn't tell ourselves that in the situations like this the guy is just naturally evil and there's nothing we could of done. If we keep telling ourselves that then stuff like this will just keep on happening.

What's the difference? Emotions are basically just chemical processes in the brain, what the hell is "natural evil" then?

Dude shot a 22-year-old woman for seemingly no reason. Fuck him.

eznark

Banned
My point exactly. I give no fucks as to the reason he did it just that he did it.

Because 24 hours before the game a guy who a lot of guys on the Chiefs are probably close to blew his brains out in front of their coaches. Maybe they want some time to breathe. Maybe playing a game of football is the last thing on their mind right now. If somebody blew their brains out at your office I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be expected to come back the next day like it's business as usual.

Apples and oranges.

bionic77

What's the difference? Emotions are basically just chemical processes in the brain, what the hell is "natural evil" then?

If we used our reason or exercised the patience to wait for the facts message boards would be pretty empty of posts.

cajunator

Banned
The two screens were used in a lot of different ways, most often devs were lazy and just used it for items and maps.

It's definitely something different than we have had before on consoles. I don't have any hope of western devs even trying to take advantage of it. My hope for the U is that Japanese devs get their shit together and make this their main platform. All the good Japanese games last gen were on DS (outside of Nintendo). I am hoping we get a similar output on the U this gen.

Highly doubt it, but I am interested to see what comes of it.
The interesting thing is, if the wiiU really is only capable of producing what Ps3/360 did, thats still pretty good. Seeing what the other consoles are expected to look like, Im pretty underwhelmed by next gen. Its pretty much the same look with different lighting. Much improved lighting, maybe a few new effects like reflections off of water droplets or some other useless shit, but it looks the same. That said I will inevitably end up with at least a Ps4 because I like tech, but Im really not sold on next gen on a visual level. Its like, trot some fun gimmicks out. Make me excited. But all they do is make Halo 5 or something.

Seriously, why would they hold the game off. Ridiculous.

Do you really think you'd be prepared to coach a football game after one of your players fucking killed himself right in front of you barely 24 hours before game time? C'mon man. I understand you dont personally know Belcher, and rightfully dont really give a fuck but he and the rest of his team did.

jbug617

Banned
Here is a pic of the victim and her child

A9DF4_bCEAAvZbg.jpg

bionic77

Highly doubt it, but I am interested to see what comes of it.
The interesting thing is, if the wiiU really is only capable of producing what Ps3/360 did, thats still pretty good. Seeing what the other consoles are expected to look like, Im pretty underwhelmed by next gen. Its pretty much the same look with different lighting. Much improved lighting, maybe a few new effects like reflections off of water droplets or some other useless shit, but it looks the same. That said I will inevitably end up with at least a Ps4 because I like tech, but Im really not sold on next gen on a visual level. Its like, trot some fun gimmicks out. Make me excited. But all they do is make Halo 5 or something.
I said it before but I am not into graphics anymore. If I was I would have a PC.

The u might fail but at least it is something different.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All this makes you wonder if someone hasn't seen signs of this happening or signs of him seeming a bit off. While I don't think it is a coaches or teammates job to babysit a player, I imagine there had to be something going on with his body language that served as some sort if sign.

Maybe it would've been harder for some teammates to see, but I can almost guarantee you that someone from his close family could tell there was a lot of drama going on in there relationship. I highly doubt he just snapped because of one fight, it was probably something that built up over time causing him to snap.

Really feel bad for the guy. =/ I always told my friends you have to be a little crazy to play football at any level, moreso than other sports. Thats why you see these incidents with football players far more.

eznark

Banned
I'd like to see the stats on that Kastrioti. Sounds like a great read.

Do you really think you'd be prepared to coach a football game after one of your players fucking killed himself right in front of you barely 24 hours before game time? C'mon man. I understand you dont personally know Belcher, and rightfully dont really give a fuck but he and the rest of his team did.

The perils of getting paid a truckload of money to perform 16 times a year means that come hell, high water or Al Qaeda, you don't get to take one of those 16 days off.

I'd be ok with the NFL canceling those games but there are vendors and players and municipalities who count on the money generated from those contracts. Snyder would have to forego signing Vick in the offseason to settle the potential litigation.

On a similar note, maybe we should just let depressed people continue to go on and be depressed. That's just a chemical process in the brain too, yet society has decided to help these individuals and even create medicines for them.

But ok, you can continue to go on and do nothing. I just feel as a race we should all try to understand and recognize mental illnesses so we can help one another, that is all. I mean no harm (and honestly just want to talk about football right now).

cajunator

Banned
I said it before but I am not into graphics anymore. If I was I would have a PC.

The u might fail but at least it is something different.

Agreed.

Im not so broke that I cant afford to go with one of the higher end consoles too, but at this point its like all I played on those was racing games, shmups (that dont use the tech), and the occasional weird japanese game like Catherine or Bayonetta. The HD consoles werent as much fun to me personally as the little weakshit Wii was. I put so much time into that little bastard. It had a lot of surprisingly interesting games from smaller developers and some interesting gameplay ideas. Definitely do not regret getting it. Hopefully the WiiU takes gaming in other fun directions. Nintendoland has some cool ideas in it for one thing.

I think the main reason Id get a Ps4 is for Uncharted 4 if they make it. Some fun action adventure games and of course Beyond Good and Evil 2 or something similar. Maybe a select platformer or two if any get made. Other than that, I dunno. I might just wait and see.

Top Bottom