• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Slo

It's not 1994

That ship has sailed.

ibg2uTxLIzQTnf.gif

beast786

Highly doubt it, but I am interested to see what comes of it.
The interesting thing is, if the wiiU really is only capable of producing what Ps3/360 did, thats still pretty good. Seeing what the other consoles are expected to look like, Im pretty underwhelmed by next gen. Its pretty much the same look with different lighting. Much improved lighting, maybe a few new effects like reflections off of water droplets or some other useless shit, but it looks the same. That said I will inevitably end up with at least a Ps4 because I like tech, but Im really not sold on next gen on a visual level. Its like, trot some fun gimmicks out. Make me excited. But all they do is make Halo 5 or something.

pretty much how I feel

brentech

Do you really think you'd be prepared to coach a football game after one of your players fucking killed himself right in front of you barely 24 hours before game time? C'mon man. I understand you dont personally know Belcher, and rightfully dont really give a fuck but he and the rest of his team did.

Might be tough for the team and maybe others in the league as well, but there are far too many obligations of a stadium and the NFL to hold back a game over this.

You move it back a day, two days, 3....whats the difference. Hurt hurts.

there's simply too many things at play here, and almost no rationality to cancel or delay a game for it. Does it suck, sure, but that's the way it goes

jakncoke

Banned
So it's the fault of people around him for not "recognizing waning signs" give me a break.

Functional result is the same. A piece of shit snapped and unfortunately took someone with him. Thank god the kid is ok.

The kid wont be ok, kid going to be fucked up. 18 years from now, dropped out. H'd out asking for quarters to buy Steel Reserve.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well on the plus side, Kansas City is 1-10 and were probably going to lose anyway.

At this point tanking for the first pick is their best bet anyway.

edit: sucks for the players though since even tanking teams have players trying to perform for contracts.

Omega

Banned
I'm kinda with ez. I have no sympathy for a murderer of an innocent person. You're all jumping on ez for assuming things, but you're all assuming he was bat shit insane or that it was caused by a brain injury. No info real info has come out and y'all playing doctor already. All my sympathy is with the victims. At least we didn't go to victim blaming (almost did with that concert comment... I don't know how that was relevant).

I have no sympathy for him. He chose to do this and that's on him but I'm also not assuming anything.

I don't make a judgement until I know the facts. Calling someone a piece of shit when I don't know the full story is foolish, because what if it comes out that he shot his GF out of self-defense? What if he was actually bat shit insane?

On the flip side, I'm not defending him either because what if he really was a piece of shit and murdered his gf because of an argument over a Trey Songz concert?

Does it matter if he's there to coach? Not really.

No, I suppose not. But you have a responsibility to be there for your team, even if your team is dooky.

I would say reschedule the game for later in the week but that wont happen, and honestly it wont help much. Its going to be painful for that organization for some time to come.

Fox318

Well on the plus side, Kansas City is 1-10 and were probably going to lose anyway.

At this point tanking for the first pick is their best bet anyway.

I'm not even sure I would want to go to the chiefs if I was the #1 pick.

Only other organization that's worse is the Panthers.

cajunator said:
But all they do is make Halo 5 or something.
As opposed to Mario 12, Zelda 10, etc. etc. I own a Wii U and I've enjoyed it immensely. I hope for its continued success considering I've invested in it much like Vita but the criticism of continued focus on sequels is an industry wide issue that includes Nintendo who are just as guilty. Adding a touchscreen gamepad did fuck all for making NSMBU "different". It's fun because its a fundamentally well designed Mario game that you can just so happen to play on the gamepad. It's done nothing to even evolve the Mario 2D formula. You and others are just more accepting of it because it appeals to you more than Halo 5.

"I don't care about next gen cause its just a prettier Halo!"

*proceeds to buy NSMBU which is nothing but a prettier 2D Mario*

Im actually kind of mad.

At the beginning of the year I was hoping the Vikings would be in position to grab Te'O between 10-15 but thats not gonna happen.

jakncoke

Banned
Last week was the most fun Ive had at a football game in a long time. So many sad Pittsburgers walking out of our stadium, players crying, fans crying, so niiiiiice.

But then you woke up the next day and realized we'll win a couple rings before you're even relevant again

Top Bottom