• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
i just heard on the radio about the KC Linebacker

What's the difference? Emotions are basically just chemical processes in the brain, what the hell is "natural evil" then?

Dude shot a 22-year-old woman for seemingly no reason. Fuck him.

this is a gross generalization. there are people that suffer from mental illnesses. your "natural evil" people are your psychopaths, that rape, kill and torture knowing full well what they are doing but have no sense of guilt or empathy. These are your Jeffrey dammers, and bundy's of the world.

I can go on but i dont really care to, I just think its a bullshit cop out to just say he was a piece of shit when you dont know anything about him. There is a reason mental illness has such a negative stigma attached to it, so much so that returning vets are embarrassed to be diagnosed with PTSD. ITs because society choose to tell people with mental illness to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" or says "well he's just a piece of shit" not everything is black and white.

The NFL should cancel or reschedule the game. Some things are more important than a game.

Equus Bellator Apex

Would a "Shots fired" post be in bad taste right now?

smh_posse.gif

No.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs tomorrow, but if the Panthers start Putting on I atleat hope Cam and other players have the decency to not do the Superman Move and other celebrations in KC

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dam those chest passes by that kid to win that Dr. Pepper halftime thingy.

Had better form than Tebow too.

Godslay

Banned

What's funny is Tebow having more playoff wins this century, then the Cleveland Browns.

Just giving you a hard time, rooting for the Brownies to come around next year

cajunator

Banned
As opposed to Mario 12, Zelda 10, etc. etc. I own a Wii U and I've enjoyed it immensely. I hope for its continued success considering I've invested in it much like Vita but the criticism of continued focus on sequels is an industry wide issue that includes Nintendo who are just as guilty. Adding a touchscreen gamepad did fuck all for making NSMBU "different". It's fun because its a fundamentally well designed Mario game that you can just so happen to play on the gamepad. It's done nothing to even evolve the Mario 2D formula. You and others are just more accepting of it because it appeals to you more than Halo 5.

"I don't care about next gen cause its just a prettier Halo!"

*proceeds to buy NSMBU which is nothing but a prettier 2D Mario*

Youre kind of missing what Im saying here.

1. I do not like Halo. I do not like Dark souls. I do not like GTA. I do not like GOW. I do not like Gears of War. I do not like COD. I do not like Infamous. I do not like Oblivion or WRPGs. I do not like Assasins Creed. I do not like Killzone. I do notl ike Heavenly Sword. I do not like fighting games. I do not like most of what MS or Sony offer on their systems.
2. It follows that I do not like the sequels of these games likely to follow.
3. I do like Uncharted. I do like Little Big Planet. I do like racing games. I do like quirky Japanese developed games.
4. It follows that I will probably like sequels to these and most of them were on PS3.
5. THEREFORE I may enjoy Ps4 and will see what happens.
6. I already like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, and many Nintendo properties from childhood.
7. THEREFORE I bought a wiiU expecting sequels and similar types of games.

I know this is all very complicated so I did my darndest to make it clear.
Let me know if bullet point #8 is required.

The Jets have called the kid and offered him a 5 year, 75 million deal.

hey german you were right that was a good movie, is it just me or the end set up for a possibly
payback style movie getting his money that he owed

Killing them Softly semi spoilers
Don't think that's the direction they want to take, doesn't strike me as the type of movie to get a sequel. But if the movie is a succes they might, I don't know. I do know that I absolutly loved his speech at the end :)

Godslay

Banned
The Jets have called the kid and offered him a 5 year, 75 million deal.

For that type of money he better have amazing footwork.

Ooo wow slay -_- i can't even find the strength to to say "How Dare you" now .......you cut me deep I'm weak now....

You crossed me last week by rooting for the Chiefs, this week Jimmy Graham cost me a Sproles TD, and now Kave is ripping on Tebow?

I felt like a cornered animal, had to fight my way out.

1. I do not like Halo. I do not like Dark souls. I do not like GTA. I do not like GOW. I do not like Gears of War. I do not like COD. I do not like Infamous. I do not like Oblivion or WRPGs. I do not like Assasins Creed. I do not like Killzone. I do notl ike Heavenly Sword. I do not like fighting games. I do not like most of what MS or Sony offer on their systems.
3. I do like Uncharted. I do like Little Big Planet. I do like racing games. I do like quirky Japanese developed games.
4. It follows that I will probably like sequels to these and most of them were on PS3.
6. I already like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, and many Nintendo properties from childhood.

I do not like them Sam I Am!

Godslay

Banned
Seriously. I'm from Louisiana and I root for the Saints. thats just how it is.
Besides, the Gator had a choice of THREE teams from his own state. Why not be a Dolphins fan? Instead he chose the Dolphins enemy. Does not compute.

Didn't you start watching the football/Saints when they started getting some success?

If so, no different than the Gator picking the Pats when the Jags are down.

Seriously. I'm from Louisiana and I root for the Saints. thats just how it is.
Besides, the Gator had a choice of THREE teams from his own state. Why not be a Dolphins fan? Instead he chose the Dolphins enemy. Does not compute.

I was a Pats fan before I moved to Florida.

At least I didnt get trolled by Derek Anderson into liking the Browns.

cajunator

Banned
Didn't you start watching the football/Saints when they started getting some success?

If so, no different than the Gator picking the Pats when the Jags are down.

2004 is when I started. They werent horrendously awful but I had to stomach a few years of Aaron Brooks.
Before that I didnt care about football at all even on collegiate level. It wasnt relevant to my life.

Narag

2004 is when I started. They werent horrendously awful but I had to stomach a few years of Aaron Brooks.
Before that I didnt care about football at all even on collegiate level. It wasnt relevant to my life.

No wonder you hate dirtbag. He fucked things up for saints fans here even though he started watching football five years later than you did.

Godslay

Banned

Fair enough, I thought you started watching around 2008.

Godslay

Banned
It bums me out they went for 3 movies on The Hobbit. I get two movies but 3 is just stupid

Me too. Considering that a guy can read through the book in an afternoon, it's hard to imagine how they are going to milk this one out. I'll still watch it of course.

Does anybody here watch Boardwalk Empire? I tried to watch it but the pilot literally bored me to sleep. Apparently it's better now though. Can anyone back that up?

squicken

Me too. Considering that a guy can read through the book in an afternoon, it's hard to imagine how they are going to milk this one out. I'll still watch it of course.

I can't even imagine how they'll manage that.

I loved the first LotR movies but felt the next two sort of blended together. Shoot them all at once and I don't see how that's avoidable. I'm sure the first one here will be fun, but after that I don't see how it's not a lot of filler

edit: dk I watched the first two season and it picks up a lot in s2. I've heard s3 is good but it's sitting on my DVR unwatched

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It bums me out they went for 3 movies on The Hobbit. I get two movies but 3 is just stupid

Seriously, its a joke. I can't understand 2 movies either considering the book really should be one, long 3 hour ish movie. At least the eventual Blu Ray will have it all compacted into one long movie.

beast786

that is all you needed to say. my friend.

Slo

I broke down and cracked my LotR EEditions and showed them to my kids because of GAF peer pressure. Now I'm going to be drug to 3 Hobbit movies too? FML

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Seriously, its a joke. I can't understand 2 movies either considering the book really should be one, long 3 hour ish movie. At least the eventual Blu Ray will have it all compacted into one long movie.

lolno. they're going to have 6 movies, 3 "theatrical" versions, and 3 "extended" versions for each moive.

i can understand two movies, considering the amount of stuff they cut from LOTR and each "book" in LOTR is about the same length as the hobbit.

Greg

Does anybody here watch Boardwalk Empire? I tried to watch it but the pilot literally bored me to sleep. Apparently it's better now though. Can anyone back that up?
Bored by the pilot, really? It's a fantastic show so far though, and starting with season two things really get going. A lot of the payoffs are slow to develop considering the number of characters the show follows, but it's definitely worth sticking with.

Top Bottom