• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

squicken

ok, I'd forgotten about that one. Removing Tom Bombadil from the movies was a 100% ok change.

Maybe I should say, everything they added sucked. Here, have another 30 minutes of tree dialogue.

The most egregious script error was how they crammed a bunch of meanless drama into the 2nd movie, which left basically 2 movies worth of material to get crammed into Return of the King.

Fellowship is great. No qualifier needed. But the other two and your thoughts on King Kong, God did KK suck balls, are pretty close to mine

Maybe I should say, everything they added sucked. Here, have another 30 minutes of tree dialogue..
I agree wholeheartedly with the complaints about Treebeard and that is 100% on Jackson if memory serves.

He had some weird fascination with how boring he was (his words). One of those things where the artist foolishly locks in on something that no one can dissuade him of.

The most egregious script error was how they crammed a bunch of meanless drama into the 2nd movie, which left basically 2 movies worth of material to get crammed into Return of the King.
What are you referring to?

I haven't watched them in awhile but I really like how they developed Aragorn and Arwen's romance to mirror Beren and Luthien. If anything Aragorn isn't developed enough but that helped.

Buckethead said:
Likely Faramir's taking of Frodo to Osgiliath. It's what most people bring up as the most unnecessary change in TTT.

That along with moving Shelob into movie three instead of it taking place in TTT.

eznark

Banned
Congratulations to Alabama on yet another National Championship.

I love when the championship games are so interesting. That was a great way to cap the season.

Fellowship is great. No qualifier needed. But the other two and your thoughts on King Kong, God did KK suck balls, are pretty close to mine
Yeah, I think Fellowship ends up being great anyway, mostly because they just cut stuff. And the first half of the book is very much world-building anyway (hobbits, barrow downs, Bombadil, etc), which could be cut without affecting the story at large.

I haven't watched them in awhile but I really like how they developed Aragorn and Arwen's romance to mirror Beren and Luthien. If anything Aragorn isn't developed enough but that helped.
Well, the Treebeard thing! The ents flooding Isengard had to be delayed for a triple-climax at the end of the movie, which meant the ents had to stall for time by talking very slowly.

The drama with Aragorn getting lost or falling off a cliff or whatever happened to him was forgettable and pointless. The Aragorn and Arwen stuff was boring, and largely redundant given some of what made it into RotK.

Frodo and Sam's sidetrip to Osgiliath came across as an effort to get more use out of that sweet set.

I'm sure there are more, but the net result was like an hour of additions that are largely unimportant to the plot. So they moved the cliffhanger ending of TT into RotK, and that movie ended up feeling rushed (at almost 3 and a half hours!) because you can only cut so much and still keep a coherent narrative.

college football in general is pretty boring. i've never been able to get into it and i'm not sure why. i love football but i couldn't care less about college football. what does it mean gaf?

So I think I'm going to have to root for Notre Dame. It's just for this once. I will rationalize it as being out of respect for Curly Lambeau.

Announcer's right, should've clocked it and collected themselves. Oh well. Now we've got college's awesome system where they play the title game 600 days from now.

So I think I'm going to have to root for Notre Dame. It's just for this once. I will rationalize it as being out of respect for Curly Lambeau.

NK10v.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

No.

Curly Lambeau had horrible taste in sports teams and that's the only way for you to think about it.

squicken

Announcer's right, should've clocked it and collected themselves. Oh well. Now we've got college's awesome system where they play the title game 600 days from now.

yep. said in CFB thread you can't expect kids to be situationally aware right there. clock it and tell them not to get tackled in field of play

college football in general is pretty boring. i've never been able to get into it and i'm not sure why. i love football but i couldn't care less about college football. what does it mean gaf?
Same here. I find cfb mind numbingly boring and this is from someone who's had to watch Leftwich and Batch qb my team the last couple weeks.

Top Bottom