• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Fox318

I broke down and cracked my LotR EEditions and showed them to my kids because of GAF peer pressure. Now I'm going to be drug to 3 Hobbit movies too? FML

Make them read the books.

Then make them read something by David McCullough.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ZtgjR.jpg

Holy shit how different the Lions would've been had Al Davis chosen Megatron with the #1 pick, which he really wanted to do.

For sure Millen's dumb ass would've taken JaMarcus with the #2 pick which would've set us back at least another 4 years or so even after that douche was fired.

Bored by the pilot, really? It's a fantastic show so far though, and starting with season two things really get going. A lot of the payoffs are slow to develop considering the number of characters the show follows, but it's definitely worth sticking with.

The pilot introduces like 15 characters abruptly with no reason to really care about any of them, up to and including Buscemi's character. It was so hard to follow I drifted off. Twice, in fact.

jakncoke

Banned
2004 is when I started. They werent horrendously awful but I had to stomach a few years of Aaron Brooks.
Before that I didnt care about football at all even on collegiate level. It wasnt relevant to my life.

Arent you old as fuck? What made you start watching football in your mid 20's. Was your teen years filled to capacity with anime and no time for football?

Greg

The pilot introduces like 15 characters abruptly with no reason to really care about any of them, up to and including Buscemi's character. It was so hard to follow I drifted off. Twice, in fact.
Yeah, if that was your reason then stick with it. It's a lot to take in initially, but eventually it'll settle in on a few characters.

Slo

Does anybody here watch Boardwalk Empire? I tried to watch it but the pilot literally bored me to sleep. Apparently it's better now though. Can anyone back that up?

Love Boardwalk. Can't wait until the season finale tomorrow.
Would love it if they killed Nucky and switched the focus to Capone.

cajunator said:
1. I do not like Halo. I do not like Dark souls. I do not like GTA. I do not like GOW. I do not like Gears of War. I do not like COD. I do not like Infamous. I do not like Oblivion or WRPGs. I do not like Assasins Creed. I do not like Killzone. I do notl ike Heavenly Sword. I do not like fighting games. I do not like most of what MS or Sony offer on their systems.
Yeah, so like I said....a lot less to do with your perception of next gen graphics or "all they"ll do with next gen visuals is Halo 5" and more to do with the appeal of the games in question. If Nintendo were pushing HD next gen dew drops in Mario - you'd be all over that cause the core game appeals. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't seem to have much to do with your rant on graphics.

I got it the first time, no bulletpoints needed.:)

And the first movie takes almost 3 hours. I never read the book, but how are they going to drag one book over 8 to 9 hours.

I'll say it, to hell with Peter Jackson. His movies are overbloated exercises in tedium. The LOTR movies have cool fight scenes, look great, and Ian McKellen. But at the same time he somehow succeeds in making me feel like I'm watching paint dry. And then after he butchered King Kong, I was done with his films. So 1, 2, 3 or 15 movies of the Hobbit, I will not be there.

I'll say it, to hell with Peter Jackson. His movies are overbloated exercises in tedium. The LOTR movies have cool fight scenes, look great, and Ian McKellen. But at the same time he somehow succeeds in making me feel like I'm watching paint dry. And then after he butchered King Kong, I was done with his films. So 1, 2, 3 or 15 movies of the Hobbit, I will not be there.
Right as good as the casting, the visuals, and the music are, whoever writes the scripts is just bad. Not even dialogue wise, because it's non-offensive. The pacing just sucks.

I think every significant script change they made to LotR might've been a bad one. That's an impressive failure rate. I'll probably end up going to see the first Hobbit movie, but to be honest I'm not expecting to want to see all 3.

Holy shit how different the Lions would've been had Al Davis chosen Megatron with the #1 pick, which he really wanted to do.

For sure Millen's dumb ass would've taken JaMarcus with the #2 pick which would've set us back at least another 4 years or so even after that douche was fired.

What's amazing here is that you can imagine a scenario where the Raiders picked up Larry Fitzgerald, Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson.

I somewhat agree although I don't know what your gripes are about LOTR.

If anything he took some of the bloated nonsense out. Tom Bombadil is one of the dumbest characters in the history of books yet people bitched when Jackson didn't include him.
It's a lose/lose for anyone making a film adaptation of a popular (or even not so popular) book.

Good. The theaters will be crowded enough already. Stay home.

Hopefully Ben will be back by the time the Hobbit makes $1B.

Buckethead said:
If anything he took some of the bloated nonsense out and then the fanboys who jerk off to Tom Bombadil complained like the latent Twilight fans that they are.
Agreed. Fellowship in particular was about perfect in the changes that were made for the script.

If anything he took some of the bloated nonsense out and then the latent Twilight fans LOTR fanboys who jerk off to Tom Bombadil complained.
ok, I'd forgotten about that one. Removing Tom Bombadil from the movies was a 100% ok change.

Maybe I should say, everything they added sucked. Here, have another 30 minutes of tree dialogue.

The most egregious script error was how they crammed a bunch of meanless drama into the 2nd movie, which left basically 2 movies worth of material to get crammed into Return of the King.

My wife and I made it through S1 and about 2-3 eps of S2 before saying "This is booooooring." Haven't looked back.

Fox318

If anything he took some of the bloated nonsense out. Tom Bombadil is one of the dumbest characters in the history of books yet people bitched when Jackson didn't include him.
It's a lose/lose for anyone making a film adaptation of a popular (or even not so popular) book.

Bombadil should have been in the films.

Top Bottom