• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Sorry guys, I can't root for SECSECSEC

You might be able to talk me to rooting for a meteor, though.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

if there is anyone I hate more than Buck it's this idiot motherfucker.
Gus needs to tone it down when he's doing games for non-terrible teams. If he wants to go bonkers for 3 hours for Illinois VS Kentucky football, that's fine. But it just doesn't work when there's actually some tension. It's somehow both exhausting and annoying.

OTOH I like his style for march madness, which of course means he doesn't do it anymore.

I know Notre Dame has no shot, and I don't really want them to win, but if they somehow upset Alabama the tears and gnashing of teeth would be incredible. I'm just a man who wants to watch the CFB world burn.
I used to like Gus Johnson but he's become a parody of himself.
Right, he's in full "shit teams are playing, I need to make this game interesting!" mode 24/7 these days. Luckily the mute button exists.

LJ11

Bama is the new ND, they can do no wrong, all their players are overrated as fuck. Irish won't win but I sure hope they pull it out.

If Lynch stayed at ND, ND's front 7 may have had the edge. Their O on the other hand won't get it down against Bama.

It's seriously a wonder that you Sparty fans have been able to stick with such abject and hopeless futility. You're the Browns of the Big Ten and I commend your dedication.

Its easier when every team you root for can be talked about in the same manner.

Game over. Congrats Ez and other Badger fans!!

cajunator

Banned
Fair enough, I thought you started watching around 2008.

Nah.
Well before that. 2008 was a rough year too.
I used to just play videogames and legos on sundays.
Football was just the boring game my mother liked.
my inteest in it was literally like a light being turned on.
I was watching a saints game with mother around 2003 and started getting kind of intrigued by t(it was on tv and i was just sort of hanging out in the room).
Suddenly the linemen looked like a front line battle and I noticed how the qbs seemed to rely on that to keep them alive.
The receivers were running specific directions and adjusting to catch.
It was no longer a bunch of fat fucks and a dude in back throwing randomly.
There was strategy there.
Thats when the geek side of me got hooked

KaYotiX

Banned
Still cant believe Badgers are in the Big Ten title game LOL. TY Ohio and Penn State for being fuck ups.

Now hopefully Wisconsin can not shoot themselves in the foot like earlier when we played Nebraska

brentech

Still cant believe Badgers are in the Big Ten title game LOL. TY Ohio and Penn State for being fuck ups.

Now hopefully Wisconsin can not shoot themselves in the foot like earlier when we played Nebraska

Tattoos and memorabilia trading is a serious fucking crime.

GT in the ACC championship is equally unbelievable, especially for me as a VT fan. But then again, my goodness the ACC sucks.

cajunator

Banned
Arent you old as fuck? What made you start watching football in your mid 20's. Was your teen years filled to capacity with anime and no time for football?

Im 30.
I got into collecting and following anime shortyl before college around 1999.
I was into cars a lot as a kid.
Thats mostly what I was obsessed with.
Also camping and boy scouts.
I used to go outside a lot more.
I was better back then.

squicken

Outside of this thread Ohio State is far far far and away the most hated team in the Big Ten.

True but the CFB thread and my Twitter feed seems anti-Wisconsin amongst Big 10 fans. I personally can't stand the Pellini idiots and hope they lose by a 100 and die from strokes while yelling at each other in the post-game press conference

Outside of this thread Ohio State is far far far and away the most hated team in the Big Ten.
As an Illini, the answer is Michigan football and Indiana basketball.

tOSU isn't exactly liked, but inexplicably we seem to beat them whenever we're decent (meaning average, as opposed to world-endingly godawful) in football.

eznark

Banned
True but the CFB thread and my Twitter feed seems anti-Wisconsin amongst Big 10 fans. I personally can't stand the Pellini idiots and hope they lose by a 100 and die from strokes while yelling at each other in the post-game press conference

Lots of winning I guess.

Just had a good 7 hour nap.

Had a nightmare about fucking Aliens again though. Fucking pieces of shit interrupting my study time at the school library!

Top Bottom