• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm getting a feeling that Alex is starting this week. I think it's a mistake but I trust in Harbs.

Fox318

Ah Deep End...cheapest place to get trashed during my undergrad days

Was kinda crazy there.

Being the son of a fireman about the only thing I was thinking when I was there is if there is a fire we are all fucked! Way too many people and not enough emergency exits.

Can't believe I almost forgot but Sean Taylor died 5 years ago today. Wonder how many times he would have been fined/suspended for leveling dudes by now had he lived to continue playing.

360_sean_taylor_1129.jpg

RIP BOOM KING.

Since when did Michael Bush go back to the Raiders?

From Yahoo Fantasy Sports Pickups
Michael Bush (RB) Oakland Raiders
Bush is a weekly starter as long as (Matt) Forte is not playing. He scored two TDs last weekend.

squicken

Knoxville, TN-News Channel 3 has learned former NFL coach Jon Gruden has a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee and a decision could be made as early as Wednesday. Part of the offer is Gruden getting a piece of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, one of UT’s biggest boosters who played on the Vols’ national championship teams in the early fifties. He’s also the father of Tennessee governor Bill Haslam. A potential hangup could be over money Gruden may be owed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from his stint as head coach there that ended in 2008. The NFL is looking into the conflict of owning part of one team while getting money from another. Gruden is currently working as an NFL analyst for ESPN. He started his coaching career in 1986 as a graduate assistant at Tennessee where he met his wife, a former UT cheerleader. Gruden’s two head coaching stints in the NFL were with Oakland and Tampa Bay. He coached the Bucs to a Super Bowl win in the 2002 season.

http://wreg.com/2012/11/27/news-channel-3-learns-of-tennessees-new-twist-to-lure-gruden/

Fox318

Knoxville, TN-News Channel 3 has learned former NFL coach Jon Gruden has a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee and a decision could be made as early as Wednesday. Part of the offer is Gruden getting a piece of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, one of UT’s biggest boosters who played on the Vols’ national championship teams in the early fifties. He’s also the father of Tennessee governor Bill Haslam. A potential hangup could be over money Gruden may be owed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from his stint as head coach there that ended in 2008. The NFL is looking into the conflict of owning part of one team while getting money from another. Gruden is currently working as an NFL analyst for ESPN. He started his coaching career in 1986 as a graduate assistant at Tennessee where he met his wife, a former UT cheerleader. Gruden’s two head coaching stints in the NFL were with Oakland and Tampa Bay. He coached the Bucs to a Super Bowl win in the 2002 season.

http://wreg.com/2012/11/27/news-channel-3-learns-of-tennessees-new-twist-to-lure-gruden/

How does one get part of a private company as a payment for working for a public one?

I knew Jimmy and a group was pursuing Gruden for Tennesse, I was wondering how that might work out with the Browns coaching situation and all. Hmm interesting, if for some reason he did go to college lets still let him do MNF
Edit: we should take these reports with a grain of salt though

squicken

How does one get part of a private company as a payment for working for a public one?

That's why I think it would be against the NCAA's rules, but it would apply to private schools as well. Gruden would basically be in the employ of both Haslam and Tennessee. Haslam would have to gift the ownership to Tennessee, then they could give it to Gruden. But I doubt the NFL would let an owner give a piece of his team to a college.

Probably just a bs report but it who knows? Even Florio is running with it

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Still feel like it can go either way. Everyone on knbr and the game is saying its kap.

I sure hope so. Smith is a good QB and I feel terrible for him but people need to be honest...Kap is better. It's not a situation where he has more potential to be better in the future. He is better right now. His pocket presence is already better than Smith and his ability to step up and deliver an accurate strike down field is something not commonly seen around the league. I have a hard time believing these qualities and skills that have been on display these past two weeks are mere luck or good fortune. The kid has been putting his head down and working hard. He's a sponge soaking up everything Harbs tells him. This isn't some rookie straight out of the WAC.

Furthermore, starting him from here on out would give him the opportunity to go to NE and SEA in preparation for the playoffs.

Go with your gut John!

Fantomex

Harbaugh might be the most overrated coach since Jason Garrett was still an assistant. Dude sucked as an NFL QB, beat USC while at Stanford Whooope Dee Doo, everyone beats USC, and has had one good rookie season in the NFL. You guys wanna know who else had a great rookie season? This guy.

Tony-Sparano1.jpg

What's Harbaugh gonna teach Kap? How to never win a championship and have a lifetime passer rating in the low 80s?

Gruden was on Mike and Mike just now saying that there was no truth to the UT rumors. I also thought that his contract with the Bucs was up after this season, so I dont see how that would be an issue.

beast786

CJ on TY
“Titus not being here – he’s been a distraction the last few weeks whether it being him just not being fully prepared or not showing up to things when we have things on the schedule – him not being there on time. It’s just him not being a professional, put it like that. Pointblank, simple.

It's probably in your best interest if the Dolphins keep losing isn't it? Not that they're likely to mount any kind of playoff run with San Fran and two Pats games on the schedule or anything...

Right now it's in the Steelers best interest to have the Rats and Pats lose. Or failing that, get Ben healthy again.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Big two games coming up for the Browns.

If the D-line keeps playing like they have it'll be up to the arms of Carson Palmer and whoever starts for Kansas City to beat us.

Slo

Gruden getting ownership in the Cleveland Browns for coaching the Vols? There's no way that's true. That sounds like an idea that some mouth breathing caller Tennessee sports radio station caller came up with and the homer-hosts were too stupid to shoot down. No billionaire owner would agree to that.

WedgeX

Banned
CJ on TY
“Titus not being here – he’s been a distraction the last few weeks whether it being him just not being fully prepared or not showing up to things when we have things on the schedule – him not being there on time. It’s just him not being a professional, put it like that. Pointblank, simple.

Damn. Megatron never, ever says anything bad about anybody. Even when they headshot him. Titus jr. is done in Detroit.

bionic77

Steelers fans are spoiled. Super Bowl or bust!

You wouldn't know anything about that though.
Honestly if we make the playoffs and we are healthy there is about a 95% chance we win the Superbowl.

We will be a lowly 6th seed and the toughest game for us would probably be Houston. I am not sure we can match their atheleticism and physicality on both lines of the ball. If we are up to that then we have a much better qb and he will carry us to Lombardi no. 7. The Niners might be able to push us around, but there is no way they are getting to the SB. And everyone else is pussies who we can beat, especially as a 6th seed (which is worth its weight in gold!).

The hardest thing is going to actually make the playoffs. Ben's injury has exposed how dependent our offense is on him. We can beat anyone when he is healthy but we are somehow worse than the Browns when he is hurt (though the Browns somehow managed to make that win look bad by barely beating us despite 8 x-mas presents from our offense).

It seems like a lot of people are overlooking the Pats this year. They have three losses but they've been by 1 point, 1 point, and 2 points, so it's not like anyone is blowing them out (plus it's been six weeks since their last loss). Yes, they lost to the Cardinals, and yes their schedule has been a bit soft, but I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them back in the SB when all is said and done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly if we make the playoffs and we are healthy there is about a 95% chance we win the Superbowl.

We will be a lowly 6th seed and the toughest game for us would probably be Houston. I am not sure we can match their atheleticism and physicality on both lines of the ball. If we are up to that then we have a much better qb and he will carry us to Lombardi no. 7. The Niners might be able to push us around, but there is no way they are getting to the SB. And everyone else is pussies who we can beat, especially as a 6th seed (which is worth its weight in gold!).

The hardest thing is going to actually make the playoffs. Ben's injury has exposed how dependent our offense is on him. We can beat anyone when he is healthy but we are somehow worse than the Browns when he is hurt (though the Browns somehow managed to make that win look bad by barely beating us despite 8 x-mas presents from our offense).

All according to Shurmur's plan.

bionic77

It seems like a lot of people are overlooking the Pats this year. They have three losses but they've been by 1 point, 1 point, and 2 points, so it's not like anyone is blowing them out (plus it's been six weeks since their last loss). Yes, they lost to the Cardinals, and yes their schedule has been a bit soft, but I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them back in the SB when all is said and done.
The Pats are not a balanced team. They can beat up on retarded teams like the Jets, but if they play a team with a good qb and a defense that can rush the qb and press their receivers they are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. Brady can't beat that kind of defense with his legs (always womenly) or even his arm anymore. And their defense only looks good against the Sanchez's of the world.

If the Steelers are healthy I honestly am not afraid of the Pats at all. Assuming the Texans try to score points I could see them tearing shit up as well. The Ravens could probably only beat then in Baltimore, but somehow they always find a way to keep the Pats in it and give the game away at the end. The Colts, Bungles, and Broncos all are good matchups for the Pats and I can see them beating any of those teams the majority of the time.

As always it depends on the health of your team and the matchups.

Also don't get cocking because your team runs up the scores and likes to style on shitty teams like the Jets. The Sanchez GIF properly explains why that game is not that impressive (remember you should have lost to that same team a month earlier).

bionic77

All according to Shurmur's plan.
In all honesty that is a great plan because it made all Steelers fans ashamed like we have not been since probably 2009.

That was worse than the ice bowl we lost to Cleveland, which I also think was in 2009. Tomlin certainly unleashed hell that year, but unfortunately it was on the asses of Steeler fans. :(

The Pats are not a balanced team. They can beat up on retarded teams like the Jets, but if they play a team with a good qb and a defense that can rush the qb and press their receivers they are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. Brady can't beat that kind of defense with his legs (always womenly) or even his arm anymore. And their defense only looks good against the Sanchez's of the world.

If the Steelers are healthy I honestly am not afraid of the Pats at all. Assuming the Texans try to score points I could see them tearing shit up as well. The Ravens could probably only beat then in Baltimore, but somehow they always find a way to keep the Pats in it and give the game away at the end. The Colts, Bungles, and Broncos all are good matchups for the Pats and I can see them beating any of those teams the majority of the time.

As always it depends on the health of your team and the matchups.

Also don't get cocking because your team runs up the scores and likes to style on shitty teams like the Jets. The Sanchez GIF properly explains why that game is not that impressive (remember you should have lost to that same team a month earlier).

You're talking to a Dolphins fan, a smart one, but still.

We made them look bad for the same reason they made us look bad - all defense, no offense. Poor Trent Richardson.

jmdajr

It sure works out for fantasy teams though. heh.

Not sure who is worse at this... Saints, or Pats. Why run down the clock and get everyone home when you can still throw for three more TDs in the 4th Quarter up by 30 points.

Top Bottom