• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

He's better than Kaepernick, time for both Harbaughs to embrace the QB controversy.
I'm not sure what his skill ceiling is with some proper coaching but at VT he had a tendency to put too much "touch" on his passes and his accuracy was a little inconsistent. He's also pretty small for an NFL QB and he tended to rely on his athleticism too much at times (bailing from the pocket to scramble for a few yards before a play had time to develop, that kind of thing). But VT sucks at developing QBs so who knows what kind of potential he really has.

When then Texans fans are more confident than the Pats fans, does that make us underdogs?
I don't know but it's kind of weird (and refreshing!). The Texans have a lot to prove in that game.

bionic77

God I hope your wrong. But I agree with part of your argument; we have no proven other option, and our team success despite Flacco. The problem is the money. Flacco loves Flacco. He is president of the Flacco fan club and his inflated self value and ego will have him demanding more than he's worth. Newsome is smart and the Ravens don't have huge amounts of cap space. We'll probably make a play at him, but not for what he thinks he's worth. Some desperate team can offer what Flacco thinks he's worth.

Really, anyone can throw 1 yard dump offs to Ray Rice. We'll be fine.
The Ravens are going to pay him dude. He is not going anywhere.

The only hope you have of losing him is an injury and seeing the backup step in and take his job.

Lets both pray that that never happens!

For some reason I thought there were two. Wasn't there a bad throw that should have been picked? If I'm wrong I'll take your word for it. Wasn't following your game closely

There was 1 int on a bad snap but it wasn't in the redzone. Alex has thrown 2 redzone picks this year I believe.

Kap had a possible int ball broken up by moss

Godslay

Banned
If I saw him with a Jags avatar I would have thought that he finally decided to stop living a lie and embrace his true self.

I already endowed gator with the privilege of sporting a Jags avatar. Did you miss it?

Newton is SNES, already posted the evidence linking the two last week. The posting styles are eerily similar.

bionic77

Is it December 10th yet?
Is that when the Wii U is launching in Euroland or the Bayou or wherever you live?

I am trying to think of what else could be getting you excited for a Monday (it obviously can't be football, you are a Pats fan), and the only other product I could think or was perhaps that is the date Uggs is releasing some new hot colors!

I'm actually more worried about Ray returning than anything else. Just like last year, our defense is better with Ray gone. He got hurt Week 6 against Dallas. Throw out the next week against Texans; first week without Ray and Lardarius, an unhealthy Suggs returning, and generally getting used to the new D. Not to mention, Ray wasn't on the sideline. Then the bye week, then we come back week 9; extra week to gameplan with new defense, Suggs healthier, and Ray back on the sideline as an inspiration, but not playing. Since then, we're 4-0 (3 road wins) and giving up about 14 points per game. Ray clearly has an impact with his presence, but not on the field. He can keep pumping our team up and basically be a cheerleader, but I don't want any part of him on the field.

I already endowed gator with the privilege of sporting a Jags avatar. Did you miss it?

Newton is SNES, already posted the evidence linking the two last week. The posting styles are eerily similar.

Oh I saw it. It was great to see him finally free to be himself. I am sure we will all be pulling for the Texans to win so he can be "forced" to wear a Jags av. I also agree that Newton is SNES. No way would a football fan praise a division rival so much.

Oh I saw it. It was great to see him finally free to be himself. I am sure we will all be pulling for the Texans to win so he can be "forced" to wear a Jags av. I also agree that Newton is SNES. No way would a football fan praise a division rival so much.
Plus, if the Texans win the Dolphins will clinch the AFC East after they beat the Pats twice.

Is that when the Wii U is launching in Euroland or the Bayou or wherever you live?

I am trying to think of what else could be getting you excited for a Monday (it obviously can't be football, you are a Pats fan), and the only other product I could think or was perhaps that is the date Uggs is releasing some new hot colors!

All this disrespect has brought Batch upon the Steelers.

Smokey

I don't know but it's kind of weird (and refreshing!). The Texans have a lot to prove in that game.

The Pats have more to prove then the Texans. They've been feasting on bad teams the past month+. If they beat the Texans (tip your hat to em), they'll lose the next week to the 9ers. If the Texans beat the Pats, they'll win the next week against the 9ers.

A split either way works out in the Texans favor although they'd obviously prefer to hold the tie breaker over NE.

jmdajr

When then Texans fans are more confident than the Pats fans, does that make us underdogs?

Pats will still be favored to win IMO. But if the Texans win, there will be nothing left to prove in the AFC in the REGULAR SEASON.

The seeding is not all set in stone, but if the Ravens lose their 2nd seed that might be good for the Texans. A home game against the Ravens or anyone not being the Broncos/Pats in the divisional playoffs would give us a better chances to make the AFC championship game.

Texans still have to lock 1st seed, and we still have 5 games to go.

I'm actually more worried about Ray returning than anything else. Just like last year, our defense is better with Ray gone. He got hurt Week 6 against Dallas. Throw out the next week against Texans; first week without Ray and Lardarius, an unhealthy Suggs returning, and generally getting used to the new D. Not to mention, Ray wasn't on the sideline. Then the bye week, then we come back week 9; extra week to gameplan with new defense, Suggs healthier, and Ray back on the sideline as an inspiration, but not playing. Since then, we're 4-0 (3 road wins) and giving up about 14 points per game. Ray clearly has an impact with his presence, but not on the field. He can keep pumping our team up and basically be a cheerleader, but I don't want any part of him on the field.

I welcome Ray back with open arms! If Antonio Brown plays and is 100%, the Steelers have a shot. If not, they're doomed.

Nonsense. He's just as great now as he was 10 years ago. Look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqtt6iQiLpI

That's the top 100 of 2012. He ranked 20th! Amazing.

bionic77

31, Jan 2011 divisional playoff. And they didn't need a choke from the Raven kicker to win it.
That game was soooooo good.

Weirdly enough I don't think anyone thought being down 21-7 at half (or whatever it was) felt insurmountable. Obviously you don't want to be 2+ scores behind, but I knew with Ben and Flacco working together it was possible.

bionic77

I welcome Ray back with open arms! If Antonio Brown plays and is 100%, the Steelers have a shot. If not, they're doomed.
We have no shot without Flacco. He gave it his all the last game but I don't think he has two games that horrible in him.

We are going to lose and lose big. :(

The Pats have more to prove then the Texans. They've been feasting on bad teams the past month+. If they beat the Texans, they'll lose the next week to the 9ers. If the Texans beat the Pats, they'll win the next week against the 9ers.

A split either way works out in the Texans favor although they'd obviously prefer to hold the tie breaker over NE.
Eh, the Pats went to the SB last year, have been one of the best teams in the AFC for over a decade, and haven't lost by more than 2 points this year. The Pats schedule has been fairly soft but when you are dominating teams like they have been it's a sign that you're more than just an average team. I get what you're saying though, if the Texans came out and dominated them it could be seen as a sign that they are on the decline. But the Patriots decline or the Texans rise to true perennial competitiveness (as in, for a SB) is what still needs to be proven in my mind, not that the Pats are a good team.

That said, go Texans!

TheFatOne

The Pats have more to prove then the Texans. They've been feasting on bad teams the past month+. If they beat the Texans (tip your hat to em), they'll lose the next week to the 9ers. If the Texans beat the Pats, they'll win the next week against the 9ers.

LOL You can't seriously believe this right?

Smokey

Eh, the Pats went to the SB last year, have been one of the best teams in the AFC for over a decade, and haven't lost by more than 2 points this year. The Pats schedule has been fairly soft but when you are dominating teams like they have been it's a sign that you're more than just an average team. I get what you're saying though, if the Texans came out and dominated them it could be seen as a sign that they are on the decline. But the Patriots decline or the Texans rise to true perennial competitiveness (as in, for a SB) is what still needs to be proven in my mind, not that the Pats are a good team.

That said, go Texans!

Agree (for the most part!)

YES AND WHAT

You've been facing bad defenses brah. That back to back with the Texans and Niners will show some things. They do it against good defenses then you tip your hat to em is all I'm saying!

jmdajr

Texans are 10-1 and no one is talking about them. Well outside Matt getting kicked in the cock.
HOU have to win if they want to be back on the media bandwagon.

I agree the team have proven a lot so far, but mainstream don't give a poop.

Loss against Titans is really going to derail this Monday night hype train. Better f'n' win!

Smokey

Texans are 10-1 and no one is talking about them. Well outside Matt getting kicked in the cock.

Texans have to win if they want to be back on the media bandwagon.

I agree Texans have proven a lot so far, but mainstream don't give a poop.

Meh I stopped caring about what the mainstream thinks awhile ago. Won't change the fact that they are still a pretty good team.

HOU have to win if they want to be back on the media bandwagon.

I agree the team have proven a lot so far, but mainstream don't give a poop.

Winning in the regular season doesn't really mean shit if you're never had postseason success.

Not to mention the Texans got their asses reamed in their first primetime appearance. There's also questions about how far Schaub can carry the team if he had to.

jmdajr

Winning in the regular season doesn't really mean shit if you're never had postseason success.

Not to mention the Texans got their asses reamed in their first primetime appearance.

We had post season success with a 3rd string QB and lost by a score in the 2nd round.

We also beat the Jets, Bears, and Lions in national games this season.

Sure there are doubts. I feel like we are the Falcons of the AFC. Oh well. Come along way from the David Carr era anyhow.

The Pats have more to prove then any team ever. They won 3 out of 4 SBs with the cheat and Brady, but since they lost their cameras they havent been able to win 1 and have only made it to 2. Every year they fail to win a SB it just lends more credence to the idea that they only won thanks to cheating.

We had post season success with a 3rd string QB and lost by a score in the 2nd round.

We also beat the Jets, Bears, and Lions in national games this season.

Sure there are doubts. I feel like we are the Falcons of the AFC. Oh well. Come along way from the David Carr era anyhow.
I was just about to say this. And look, Tony Romo won a playoff game as well so you can't really use that to prove playoff success (although I realize the Texans haven't had as many shots at it).

If the Dolphins don't make the playoffs this year (if, lol) I will be pulling for the Texans come playoff time, though. I'd like to see a new team at the top of the AFC for once.

So that doesn't count?

Didn't know wild card round was part of the regular season.

When I say "postseason success" I don't mean winning one wild card game. The 7-9 Seahawks won a Wild Card game. Does that mean we should fear them too?

When I say "postseason success" I mean divisional and up. Those are the games the contenders win. Tons of plebs win Wild Card games every year.

TheFatOne

The Pats have more to prove then any team ever. They won 3 out of 4 SBs with the cheat and Brady, but since they lost their cameras they havent been able to win 1 and have only made it to 2. Every year they fail to win a SB it just lends more credence to the idea that they only won thanks to cheating.

Is the upcoming game against Houston a playoff game?

Seda

Seahawks and Bears are the 31st and 32st ranked pass offenses, both top 5 total defenses. This game will be "awesome"

Also, apparently lots of people watched Redskins-Cowboys

jmdajr

Hopefully the Patriots are looking past the Dolphins game this weekend as much as all of us in this thread. Muhahahahaha.

I'm not going to be too upset if the Texans lose against the Pats as long as they show up.
We fans still have somewhat sensible expectations.

But if the Texans win I wonder how much "I can't believe we lost to the fraud Ass Texans" crap I'll hear all week and beyond until the eventual rematch.

edit; If we lose against the Titans I'll be pissed. Is it a possibility? yes.

TheFatOne

Hopefully the Patriots are looking past the Dolphins game this weekend as much as all of us in this thread. Muhahahahaha.

Pats will be ready because every game from here on out is important for playoff seeding. They can clinch the division with this game I believe, but that doesn't matter if the oline is still hurt/Pats defense continues to be horrific. Dolphins have enough weapons to beat the Pats it's just a matter of how well the rookie QB plays.
I'm not going to be too upset if the Texans lose against the Pats as long as they show up.
We fans still have somewhat sensible expectations.

But if the Texans win I wonder how much "I can't believe we lost to the fraud Ass Texans" crap I'll hear all week until the eventual rematch.

edit; If we lose against the Titans I'll be pissed. Is it a possibility? yes.

Depends on how the Pats lose. If the Pats choke away another win I will blame Brady, and then post how I can't believe they lost. If the defense gets annihilated,and the offense is contained I will complain about the shitty Pats defense. If they lose in a close game where the Texans just make some good plays I won't complain at all.

Dang, I'm late to the party:

NO @ ATL Atlanta is just a safer pick at this point. They'll clinch the division.

SEA @ CHI It's going to be a pick party, but Chicago's D can score points.
HOU @ TEN Houston going to clinch the division.
NE @ MIA I actually believe this is going to be a very close game, but NE will pull it out and clinch the division.
JAC @ BUF Henne is going to continue his conquest of Gabbert's job.
IND @ DET Sorry Lions, won't be so Lucky. Get it?
CAR @ KC Bleh, at least Caronlina has an offense.
MIN @ GB Rodgers is going to unleash all of his fury on the poor Vikings.
SF @ STL If Kap plays, they'll probably win. If Smith plays, it will probably be another tie.
ARI @ NYJ Ugh, I don't like either team. But I'll pick the Jets because of home field.
TB @ DEN Denver will clinch their division, but not without a fight. Muscle hamster going to challenge Denver's D.
PIT @ BAL Roethlisberger does not look like he's coming back, no way they win in Baltimore.
CIN @ SD San Diego continues their descent into absurdity.
CLE @ OAK Again, don't like either team, but at least the Browns D is stepping up.
PHI @ DAL Philly is a bigger mess than Dallas.

NYG @ WAS Going to be tough, but at home, with a playoff spot at stake, I think RGIII and co. will rise to the challenge.

Fantomex

Turning your back on Ray. Larry you disgust me!

Bread

Banned

ahahahaha good shit man

Look past a game where they have a chance to clinch the East?I doubt it.
The Pats clinched the East when the Dolphins lost 37-3 to the Titans, as far as I'm concerned.

Pats will be ready because every game from here on out is important for playoff seeding. They can clinch the division with this game I believe, but that doesn't matter if the oline is still hurt/Pats defense continues to be horrific. Dolphins have enough weapons to beat the Pats it's just a matter of how well the rookie QB plays.
Yeah, I don't think the Pats will look past this game, I was just messin'. I think Brady gets a very personal kind of satisfaction from seeing what kind of insane numbers he can put up against the Dolphins so I'm sure he'll come to play. And honestly I don't think the Dolphins have much of a chance unless they go at least +2 in turnovers (very unlikely).

Top Bottom