• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

JABEE

Totally fuck awful as a gameday coach. He's also incredibly hands off during the week. Pretty much his one job is recruiting (he is good) and clock management (a fucking Andy Reid sized abortion).

He is also a drunken slob who has no qualms with banging passed out co-eds. Guy is a blight on the state and I am thrilled he is gone. He is a perfect Hog.

Sorry weinke, hope you have great coordinators! (I also hope he takes Matt Canada with him)

Sounds like Andy Reid, if Andy Reid was a sleazebag.

I was studying but my Browns senses started to tingle, I sensed Browns commotion. Anyways Our new show starts tonight on the Travel Channel, cya all then. Back to studying, and Gator keep it real be true to yourself.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's 90% on Harbaugh IMO. Why even bother with the switch to CK if you're going to run the same old boring, conservative offense you ran with Alex? You promoted the guy because he can push the ball downfield and keep teams honest with his legs, yet didn't really take advantage of that at all during the game. Beyond that, why isn't VD getting the ball more? It's ridiculous that Delanie is seemingly getting more targets than our stud TE that can actually make a play. Finally, playing for a 51 yard FG is straight up stupid and cowardly. He played not toto lose and it cost the team.I

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's an awesome coach - but it's time to evolve from the 2011 Niners strategy and push the envelope in terms of going for the jugular and not letting lesser teams stick around. Playing for 50 yard FG's in the playoffs will make for a quick exit.
This, this, this! Kap was dropping dimes all day when they let him throw the ball down field. Also agree that I was disgusted when they essentially gave up trying to get closer and settled for the 51 yarder.

beast786

Urlacher is gone for rest of regular season. It would be incredible if bears miss playoffs back to back season after going 7-3

Slo

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Washington's Cedric Griffin is suspended without pay for team’s next four games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

mr2xxx

Banned
Washington's Cedric Griffin is suspended without pay for team’s next four games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

Fuck!!! And he did a decent enough job sticking Hakeem last night.

harSon

Banned

Ravens are the luckiest franchise in the NFL........

Cagey

Banned
Totally fuck awful as a gameday coach. He's also incredibly hands off during the week. Pretty much his one job is recruiting (he is good) and clock management (a fucking Andy Reid sized abortion).

So you got rid of Greg Schiano without having to expend the effort to fire him, too?

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Minus the hands-off midweek stuff re: one side of the ball, of course. Though that sounded like a slight improvement.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lions tried him out. we lost everyone in our secoundy and have the worse unit. and still didn't sign him. It should tell you something

He's still better than a rookie WR playing CB. Texans have no options and he's no worse than what they're throwing out right now. Only Kareem is much better than him and that's saying something.

"Urlacher is gone for rest of regular season. It would be incredible if bears miss playoffs back to back season after going 7-3 "

Great it's official... Bob is a Texans fan now.

eznark

Banned
So you got rid of Greg Schiano without having to expend the effort to fire him, too?

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Minus the hands-off midweek stuff re: one side of the ball, of course. Though that sounded like a slight improvement.

He was a caretaker coach coasting on the team Alvarez built. That's fine, but it's also replaceable.

Watching some of the Giants drives last night on Game Rewind. The penalties are just brutal to watch. At least three red zone drives completely killed by 10+ yard penalties. Two other penalties wiped out good returns from Wilson. One in particular late in the 4th quarter that would have given us position near the Redskins 40.

Defensively, there's no question Alfred Morris had his way with the front 7, but to hold the Skins to 17 and not capitalize on those drives is painful. Sloppy play, plain and simple.

eznark

Banned
Hamilton (likely) signing with the Rangers, Boss Hog Bielema is gone, Urlacher is done for the year...

Jesus, this has been the greatest hour ever.

Fuck!!! And he did a decent enough job sticking Hakeem last night.
Now we know why he did.
Watching some of the Giants drives last night on Game Rewind. The penalties are just brutal to watch. At least three red zone drives completely killed by 10+ yard penalties. Two other penalties wiped out good returns from Wilson. One in particular late in the 4th quarter that would have given us position near the Redskins 40.

Defensively, there's no question Alfred Morris had his way with the front 7, but to hold the Skins to 17 and not capitalize on those drives is painful. Sloppy play, plain and simple.
I recorded the game, can you tell me why Giants went so conservative in the 2nd half? No doubt coverage was better by WSH but how many run-run-pass/run/pass/run drives did the Giants have? Also I counted 9 total snaps for David Wilson. LOL

Nori Chan

Bitch let me in, I'm gonna kick your ass!

image.php

KingGondo

Banned
Just admit that you're jealous and you'd love to see grandpa Weeden throwing to Blackmon again.
I'm glad Gordon seems to have panned out, otherwise I'd be wishing for Blackmon to be on the Browns too.

Too bad 2013's WR class is underwhelming, but maybe we can get Marqise Lee or a similar talented guy at WR in 2014.

For now most mock drafts I've seen have us grabbing Jarvis Jones. I'd be happy with either him or Mingo.

3Sixty

Greg McElroy reminds me of JD McCoy from Friday night lights. Its only a matter of time until they put Saracize back in.

beast786

the O line looked good against the vikes and seahawks. Did you watched the games?

The bears have a good chance at running the table this year in the playoffs. the pieces isn't in play for obvious superbowl pick or whatever (one offensive weapon, old D...etc..etc..). But we have the ability to do so.

No you don't bro, no you don't. You won't, it won't happen and you are fooling yourself, it's a lock of the century of no run in playoffs.

in other words it won't happen

ari

Banned
No you don't bro, no you don't. You won't, it won't happen and you are fooling yourself, it's a lock of the century of no run in playoffs.

in other words it won't happen
I will never ever ever listen to a lions fan about how far a team will go to the playoffs. Ever.

TheFrankman said:
Can you tell me why Giants went so conservative in the 2nd half?
They played keep away/ball control all game long. How do you defend the offense? Keep the ball out of their hands. They had a ton of success with that for 3 quarters, too. The run game was working and I don't think they should have abandoned it at all. The bigger problem was some of pass plays that were called. Need to convert a 3rd and 5 ? Run a 3 yard in-cut and dump off to Cruz (why run that route 3 yards out?). Need 7 yards? Run deep routes that take long to develop (McCarthy disease as eznark called it last night). Really?

As for Wilson, I see no problem with him getting 9 carries considering what he did with those (almost nothing). Ahmad played his ass off, ran hard and picked up blitzes like he has for years now. The lack of David Wilson didn't lose that game for us last night. Stupid penalties and an inability to defend the run did. Jim Cordle doesn't draw that flag during Wilson's big return in the 4th quarter and we're damn near in field goal range. Beatty doesn't hold on that 3rd and 10 conversion to Bennett and we're talking about a different ball game. Shoulda, woulda, coulda though. Giants have no one to blame but themselves. Redskins outplayed them.

Top Bottom