• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

ari

Banned
How is your team record against teams in playoff right now?

Thanks for participating in playoff trophy. Enjoy it.

Not one team heading to the playoffs has more then three above .500 team wins. The bears are sitting at only two.

Thanks for "participating in the regular season trophy". suck it.

beast786

Not one team heading to the playoffs has more then two above .500 team wins.

The other 5 team in NFC in playoffs, you lost to 3 of them. And please don't compare your team to NY Giants from last year or Packers before.

The both have QB who are SB MVP or League MVP.

get real, your record against playoff team is horrible. There is a reason for it. Your team sucks when played against good teams. in fact you are losing this week.

ari

Banned
The other 5 team in NFC in playoffs, you lost to 3 of them. And please don't compare your team to NY Giants from last year or Packers before.

The both have QB who are SB MVP or League MVP.

get real, your record against playoff team is horrible. There is a reason for it. Your team sucks when played against good teams. in fact you are losing this week.
Nope

Every playoff team lost to another playoff team within the nfc. Don't worry about the bears, you should worry about how the lions will never win the division over them.

beast786

neither rodgers and manning had mvp regular seasons when they won the superbowl, but i am not comparing them to cutler at all anyhow. Meh.

the bears isn't gonna lose this week.

I used "or" not "and"

point is they have MVP type QB to ride in playoff. Not the worst offense in the league.

Viking are winning this week.

It does suck for the loss of Urlacher . Would love bears to be full strength when they play packers for division title.

harSon

Banned
Jesus, the Steeler's pass defense has been ridiculous the last 7 games. We've allowed 105, 177, 125, 154, 164, 158 and 188 yards passing, and 4 passing touchdowns total over that stretch. We've held every team under that stretch to 291 or less total yards.

ari

Banned
I used "or" not "and"

point is they have MVP type QB to ride in playoff. Not the worst offense in the league.

Viking are winning this week.

It does suck for the loss of Urlacher . Would love bears to be full strength when they play packers for division title.
I edited.

The vikings are bad, they are not beating the bears.

the bears are going 11-5 if you like it or not.

Urlacher is missing tackles every time I turn on the Bears this season. Idk who their backup is but they might be a stronger D without him at this point in his career.

Bowser

Bobby Rosinski ‏@BobbyRosinski
#Panthers #Falcons get big time this week with @gusjohnson & @CFD22. Even though i'll be there I will dvr it to watch back

Gus Johnson?

Panthers upset confirmed.

Jesus, the Steeler's pass defense has been ridiculous the last 7 games. We've allowed 105, 177, 125, 154, 164, 158 and 188 yards passing, and 4 passing touchdowns total over that stretch. We've held every team under that stretch to 291 or less total yards.
The secondary went from a liability to a strength in less than 2 years.

I laughed when Keenan Lewis said he was gonna have a pro bowl year in training camp.

Urlacher is missing tackles every time I turn on the Bears this season. Idk who their backup is but they might be a stronger D without him at this point in his career.

Who calls that D? Has to be Urlacher. Unless Briggs can do it I think they will lose something.

Urlacher needs to slim down if he intends on playing next season. Dude's lost a big step.

MechDX

Quick thoughts on the Routt signing:

Ill start this as saying he more than likely was signed as an extra, experienced DB. I did some research and the guy had a messed up hamstring the first part of the year and was released for conduct issues. I keep hearing "hot garbage" and a "PI call waiting to happen" kind of reminds of Kareem a couple years ago. The same Kareem we were all convinced couldnt cover a receiver from the lingerie league without tripping on the chalk hashmarks on the field.

Then Wade and Vance Joseph came in a Kareem has turned into a good NFL #2 CB. Until proven otherwise I trust Wade and Vance know what they are doing.

Dont forget the last DB we signed, oddly enough from the KC Chiefs, who had attitude issues...Bernard Pollard.

harSon

Banned
The secondary went from a liability to a strength in less than 2 years.

I laughed when Keenan Lewis said he was gonna have a pro bowl year in training camp.

Who calls that D? Has to be Urlacher. Unless Briggs can do it I think they will lose something.

Urlacher needs to slim down if he intends on playing next season. Dude's lost a big step.

Yeah, a lot of dudes have stepped up out of nowhere this season. Kenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and Jason Worilds specifically. If the Defensive Lineman we drafted in recent years take similar strides in their games, then I'll be a hell of a lot more hopeful about the future of our defense once our veterans are phased out. I thought we were going to go into a period of decline in the near future, but we've got some great young pieces on both sides of the ball for years to come.

verbum

Yeah, a lot of dudes have stepped up out of nowhere this season. Kenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and Jason Worilds specifically. If the Defensive Lineman we drafted in recent years take similar strides in their games, then I'll be a hell of a lot more hopeful about the future of our defense once our veterans are phased out. I thought we were going to go into a period of decline in the near future, but we've got some great young pieces on both sides of the ball for years to come.

The sun a little brighter and the sky bluer this week? Great win by the Steelers. I'd tell Ben to heal up another week and let Charlie finish his roll. Might be snake eyes but he earned another game.

harSon

Banned
The sun a little brighter and the sky bluer this week? Great win by the Steelers. I'd tell Ben to heal up another week and let Charlie finish his roll. Might be snake eyes but he earned another game.

I'm inclined to agree, but I still think the Chargers have the personnel to put up a lot of points, although they've failed to do so for most of the season :p Their defense isn't too shabby either.

verbum

I'm inclined to agree, but I still think the Chargers have the personnel to put up a lot of points, although they've failed to do so for most of the season :p Their defense isn't too shabby either.

The Chargers will be laying down. Their season and coach are finished. Rivers may push things but I think they are going to play it safe.

They played keep away/ball control all game long. How do you defend the offense? Keep the ball out of their hands. They had a ton of success with that for 3 quarters, too. The run game was working and I don't think they should have abandoned it at all. The bigger problem was some of pass plays that were called. Need to convert a 3rd and 5 ? Run a 3 yard in-cut and dump off to Cruz (why run that route 3 yards out?). Need 7 yards? Run deep routes that take long to develop (McCarthy disease as eznark called it last night). Really?
It seemed very anti-Gilbride though at times though. Giants were gashing WSH by spreading it around early, shots at Randle/Jernigan/Bennett/screen plays, but in the 2nd half all that disappeared and I started seeing less creativity. Very frustrating.
As for Wilson, I see no problem with him getting 9 carries considering what he did with those (almost nothing). Ahmad played his ass off, ran hard and picked up blitzes like he has for years now. The lack of David Wilson didn't lose that game for us last night. Stupid penalties and an inability to defend the run did. Jim Cordle doesn't draw that flag during Wilson's big return in the 4th quarter and we're damn near in field goal range. Beatty doesn't hold on that 3rd and 10 conversion to Bennett and we're talking about a different ball game. Shoulda, woulda, coulda though. Giants have no one to blame but themselves. Redskins outplayed them.
Not 9 carries, 9 snaps. As in on the field 9 times (Actually it was seven according to Roto). Unexplainable after saying he's going to have a big role.

Fox318

ZDjG4.jpg

:(

ari

Banned
Jay Cutler talked about bitching to ownership for getting another wide receiver with all the injuries on the roster. Wonder who we can get to line up with marshall and jeffrey?

TheFrankman said:
Unexplainable after saying he's going to have a big role.
Go with the hot hand. Very Coughlin.;)

TheFrankman said:
It seemed very anti-Gilbride though at times though.
Fun part was reading BBI threads where they were calling for Gilbride to be let go after the loss (so close! Coughlin needs to go!). Two Super Bowl wins and one of the bigger play offenses in the league over the last few years and they want him dumped.

Giants fans can be dumb sometimes.

(and yes, I'm unquestionably a Gilbride fan. Even through some less than desirable play calling at times!)

Nightz

Chargers aren't gonna score points. Yeah you have Rivers, Mathews, Gates and two giant WRs, but it's no good when your O-line allows instant pressure every single snap. The Steelers D is going to have a field day since you'll be facing 3rd and 4th string linemen across the O-line. I honestly think Rivers is going to get injured in this game.

Best part about this is that these are Tomlin guys. It's unfair, but Tomlin has been criticized for winning with Cowher's team. We're starting to see some major turnover in the personnel this year. Only Foote, Hampton, and Keisel are left from the Cowher drafts on defense.

Bowser

I imagine we're going to get all new coordinators. Paul Petrino is still at Arkansas until Bobby gets hired somewhere.

And it makes sense because our team was so awful that they'll nuke the whole thing from top to bottom.

Wrong, Paul Petrino was hired by Idaho as its new HC today

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wrong, Paul Petrino was hired by Idaho as its new HC today

Ah, didn't hear about that one since it just happened today what with all the Bielema hooplah.

Regardless, it's obvious Bielema will bring in a whole new coaching staff.

squicken

Best part about this is that these are Tomlin guys. It's unfair, but Tomlin has been criticized for winning with Cowher's team. We're starting to see some major turnover in the personnel this year. Only Foote, Hampton, and Keisel are left from the Cowher drafts on defense.

That first SB was very much a George Seifert/Barry Switzer SB. He inherited Ben and LeBeau, which is about all you can really use against him at this point

Mrbob

Urlacher is old and slow now. The defense is better off with him taking a couple weeks off and resting his body for the post season push.

Mrbob

Listening to Hub Arkush on 670 the Score, he is the owner of Pro Football Weekly as well. He just said Gruden is contemplating heading back to Oakland as head coach, and the info will be posted on their website in an hour or two. Not a done deal, but things are heading in this direction.

Edit: Ari listening to The Score too!

Top Bottom