• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I disagree. Myself and the rest of Browns-GAF have not been laughed out of here.

And we even allow the Gator to stay although he refuses to admit he truly loves the Jags.
If we could get cyan to watch real football, he could come in here and deal with the gata infestation.

I thought Cedric Benson was our "Ahman Green" signing. Needed a running back for a year type thing.

Woodson was considered washed up and done when we signed him; it's not like TT went out and picked up Reggie White in his prime. It was a smart signing but wasn't a blockbuster sure thing deal. And the Ahman Green re-signing (if that's what you're referring to) is not comparable anyway. Benson came off three 1000 yard seasons. He definitely would've been extended this year if he wasn't injured if he kept things up. Ahman was brought in as a backup and was in the UFL before we picked him up.

squicken

It's 90% on Harbaugh IMO. Why even bother with the switch to CK if you're going to run the same old boring, conservative offense you ran with Alex? You promoted the guy because he can push the ball downfield and keep teams honest with his legs, yet didn't really take advantage of that at all during the game. Beyond that, why isn't VD getting the ball more? It's ridiculous that Delanie is seemingly getting more targets than our stud TE that can actually make a play. Finally, playing for a 51 yard FG is straight up stupid and cowardly. He played not to lose and it cost the team.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's an awesome coach - but it's time to evolve from the 2011 Niners strategy and push the envelope in terms of going for the jugular and not letting lesser teams stick around. Playing for 50 yard FG's in the playoffs will make for a quick exit.

Twice in two games he settled for long FGs! Not that Fisher didn't do the same thing, but I knew that Akers would miss. He's been shaky all year. Legatron has weird numbers b/c Fisher rolls him out there for 50+ attempts all the time, but I knew he'd hit that last one

eznark

Banned
Woodson was considered washed up and done when we signed him; it's not like TT went out and picked up Reggie White in his prime. And the Ahman Green re-signing (if that's what you're referring to) is not comparable anyway. Benson came off three 1000 yard seasons and definitely would've been extended this year if he wasn't injured. Ahman was brought in as a backup and was in the UFL before we picked him up.

Yeah but we got him late and it was clear other teams were passing on him. He wasn't the same level as a Woodson. We waaaaaay overpaid for Woodson based on his production level at the time.

Twice in two games he settled for long FGs! Not that Fisher didn't do the same thing, but I knew that Akers would miss. He's been shaky all year. Legatron has weird numbers b/c Fisher rolls him out there for 50+ attempts all the time, but I knew he'd hit that last one
That 66 yard attempt in the Dolphins game was something else...

Yeah but we got him late and it was clear other teams were passing on him. He wasn't the same level as a Woodson. We waaaaaay overpaid for Woodson based on his production level at the time.

Yeah, definitely not on the Woodson level, but I'd still consider the Benson pickup making a "splash" in free agency for Ted. And definitely not like picking up a guy who'd been out of the league/completely irrelevant for a few years and was really only picked up as a body (notwithstanding the nostalgia aspect).

squicken

That 66 yard attempt in the Dolphins game was something else...

I actually can see his thinking on that. On the previous play it was a 3 step drop and the first and second reads got jammed at the line forcing the sack. They weren't going to pick up the fourth down on the boundaries. MIA's front 7 are pretty damned good.

eznark

Banned
Dialing in his most effective offensive weapon, Squicks.

Yeah, definitely not on the Woodson level, but I'd still consider the Benson pickup making a "splash" in free agency for Ted. And definitely not like picking up a guy who'd been out of the league/completely irrelevant for a few years and was really only picked up as a body (notwithstanding the nostalgia aspect).

Agreed.

However...Ted Thompson fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaates free agent linemen. Bringing in a RB on the cheap or a nickel back or a WR/KR I could totally see. Special teams contributors? Sure. Actual integral pieces? Kind of never.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Well, Benson was a one year deal to kick the tires. Now that Benson is injured, will we sign him again? No clue!

I actually can see his thinking on that. On the previous play it was a 3 step drop and the first and second reads got jammed at the line forcing the sack. They weren't going to pick up the fourth down on the boundaries. MIA's front 7 are pretty damned good.
Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree with the call or anything, it was just crazy seeing him send Zuerlein out. It was one of those, "please don't make history against us" moments.

eznark

Banned
Well, Benson was a one year deal to kick the tires. Now that Benson is injured, will we sign him again? No clue!

Benson was ONLY signed because Starks wasn't able to play for the first month (plus). They waited on him and he had a set back so they signed Benson. No way do they resign him.

jmdajr

Texans sign cornerback Stanford Routt to one-year deal

Anyone have info on this guy? News pretty much says he sucks but we are desperate for CBs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Anyone have info on this guy? News pretty much says he sucks but we are desperate for CBs.

He's an upgrade over carmichael, Harris and Ball imo. Good signing esp when you're about to throw a WR out to play CB.

squicken

giselle is due any day for the next brady. no idea if tom is planning to miss the game if she goes live on monday night

giselle is due any day for the next brady. no idea if tom is planning to miss the game if she goes live on monday night
If Mallett comes in and plays well Belichick will have to go with the hot hand and start him the rest of the season/playoffs. Could be his big break!

beast786

lions tried him out. we lost everyone in our secoundy and have the worse unit. and still didn't sign him. It should tell you something

eznark

Banned
He must have really sucked. How did they end up in the Rose Bowl?

Totally fuck awful as a gameday coach. He's also incredibly hands off during the week. Pretty much his one job is recruiting (he is good) and clock management (a fucking Andy Reid sized abortion).

He is also a drunken slob who has no qualms with banging passed out co-eds. Guy is a blight on the state and I am thrilled he is gone. He is a perfect Hog.

Sorry weinke, hope you have great coordinators! (I also hope he takes Matt Canada with him)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Totally fuck awful as a gameday coach. He's also incredibly hands off during the week. Pretty much his one job is recruiting (he is good) and clock management (a fucking Andy Reid sized abortion).

He is also a drunken slob who has no qualms with banging passed out co-eds. Guy is a blight on the state and I am thrilled he is gone. He is a perfect Hog.

Sorry weinke, hope you have great coordinators! (I also hope he takes Matt Canada with him)

I imagine we're going to get all new coordinators. Paul Petrino is still at Arkansas until Bobby gets hired somewhere.

And it makes sense because our team was so awful that they'll nuke the whole thing from top to bottom.

Top Bottom