• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Tom Penny

People are saying Ray Rice is extremely upset with the play calling (as he should be). Let's keep it real Ray Rice is the reason they are going to make it to the playoffs because if he didn't convert 4th and 29, there is a strong possibility of them losing the rest of their games.

Ravens wouldn't win any games without Flacco just like the Bears don't win without Cutler.

399243_10151569815559377_2072996403_n.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Trouble in paradise?

Nose tackle Jay Ratliff had to be separated from Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones after Dallas' Dec. 2 win over Philadelphia, sources confirmed.

In the locker room after the game, Jones attempted to encourage Ratliff to return from a groin injury, which prompted Ratliff to yell at the owner before teammates stepped in.

Nakazato

Rats firing their OC this late in the season?

Collapse going just as planned.
Nope its a smart play. I think cam was go this season whether or not we made playoffs. This is a Flacco play. If Joe plays well under a new OC he'll get his contract. If nit we'll let flacco walk or try to get him down to 9 million a year.

Chili

I never quite understood this conservatism from yesterday:

The Ravens were presented with a situation to try to win the game on Sunday and took the easy way out in a decision that might have ended up costing them the game. With 4:47 left in the fourth quarter, a Ray Rice touchdown put the Ravens up 27-20, pending the extra point. Without fanfare, the Ravens kicked the extra point to go up 28-20.

In doing so, they missed out on a possibility that might have won the game altogether. Had the Ravens gone for two with the 27-20 lead, they would have gone up by nine points with less than five minutes to go.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-14-moments-make-smile-plus-rest-week-14-news

Surely you go for two, even if you miss you are still up by 7. If Washington score they aren't going to go for a two-pointer to win the game - they'll take the PAT and OT so it is the same net result (although I remember Shanahan pulling something like that in Denver in 2008 I think it was).

harSon

Banned
Nope its a smart play. I think cam was go this season whether or not we made playoffs. This is a Flacco play. If Joe plays well under a new OC he'll get his contract. If nit we'll let flacco walk or try to get him down to 9 million a year.

They're going to run the same offense. The only thing that's going to change are the percentages of running and pass plays, the order in which they're called and the scenarios under which they're called. But the plays that are called will be the same ones that have been drawn up and called through out the season already. I wouldn't expect that big of a change, or improvement, considering it'd be dumb to implement anything radically different with 3 games left in the season.

Nakazato

They're going to run the same offense. The only thing that's going to change are the percentages of running and pass plays, the order in which they're called and the scenarios under which they're called. But the plays that are called will be the same ones that have been drawn up and called through out the season already. I wouldn't expect that big of a change, or improvement, considering it'd be dumb to implement anything radically different with 3 games left in the season.
True but the biggest issue was Joe inability to audible and cams rrp play predictably. And most the built in hot routes are streaks

Mrbob

Maybe I should root for the Bears to fade away so they can get a new head coach.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-14-moments-make-smile-plus-rest-week-14-news

Surely you go for two, even if you miss you are still up by 7. If Washington score they aren't going to go for a two-pointer to win the game - they'll take the PAT and OT so it is the same net result (although I remember Shanahan pulling something like that in Denver in 2008 I think it was).

I'm surprised this is an issue. You make the team behind go for two. Washington still had to convert a two to tie. If the Ravens defense is so inept they are going to let slow ass Cousins waddle into the end zone they deserve to lose the game. Think about that. The Ravens defense let Cousins get into the end zone on a QB draw.

mkenyon

Banned
Seahawks #2 seed thanks to awesome early season tie breaker with the Pack. You heard it here folks.

1) San Fran, I kind of feel bad for the amount of disappointment and hurt you are going to have over the next two weeks.

2) I am going to be celebrating Christmas with my father in-law in San Fran when the Niners get the NFC West Champs hopes and dreams taken away from them by the 12th man and
adderall snorting
insane defense. I will be drinking tears from 12+ Niners fans on that day.

3) Green Bay, I am really upset that you will be losing the #2 seed to a game that is so fraught with controversy. I know how that feels and am truly sorry. But, you know, I don't think the Refs sacked Rogers 6 times in the first half. Just sayin'

And if they miss the 2.

And if the Skins score a TD, go for a 2 and win.

Then what?

Tom Penny

Well we got a preview at Chicago with the weather. Granted it was Cutler and not Lord Brady.

Be glad it's rain and not snow. Brady is unfuckwittable in snow for the most part. The only loss I've ever seen at Gillette was in a monsoon. Steelers raped Cassell and co. 4 more hours..time is moving too slow.

Godslay

Banned

I agree with this. It's way too late in the season to do anything radical in terms of scrapping and implementing a new offense. It had to be someone that knew the offense in place already so Caldwell makes sense.

The thing I question is why Harbaugh didn't communicate to Cameron that he wanted things shift to the run or switching up the playcalls. Is Harbaugh that hands off with the OC and offense as a whole? I understand that a coach has a lot to do, but couldn't he send a memo to Cameron, and say something like, "This week free Ray Rice?". Makes no sense to me.

mkenyon said:
Green Bay, I am really upset that you will be losing the #2 seed to a game that is so fraught with controversy. I know how that feels and am truly sorry. But, you know, I don't think the Refs sacked Rogers 6 times in the first half. Just sayin'
Most rational Packers fans here said the same thing after the game so there's nothing terribly revelatory in that statement from their perspective.

Mrbob

Seahawks #2 seed thanks to awesome early season tie breaker with the Pack. You heard it here folks.

1) San Fran, I kind of feel bad for the amount of disappointment and hurt you are going to have over the next two weeks.

2) I am going to be celebrating Christmas with my father in-law in San Fran when the Niners get the NFC West Champs hopes and dreams taken away from them by the 12th man and
adderall snorting

3) Green Bay, I am really upset that you will be losing the #2 seed to a game that is so fraught with controversy. I know how that feels and am truly sorry. But, you know, I don't think the Refs sacked Rogers 6 times in the first half. Just sayin'

When the Bears inevitably shit this season away you have my sword. Gonna root for Wilson in the post season.

mkenyon

Banned
Most rational Packers fans here said the same thing after the game so there's nothing revelatory in that statement.
Do you just surf around the internet thinking that every time someone posts something, they are trying to pass it off as revelatory? As such, does it then become your job, nay, DUTY, to point out that they are not?

I don't mean to ruin this amazing self sacrifice of yours, but I do have some news for you. People aren't that narcissistic that they think everything they post is an original idea. I hope this doesn't bother you too much.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
When the Bears inevitably shit this season away you have my sword. Gonna root for Wilson in the post season.

Whoooo stay away from Houston!

Nakazato

I agree with this. It's way too late in the season to do anything radical in terms of scrapping and implementing a new offense. It had to be someone that knew the offense in place already so Caldwell makes sense.

The thing I question is why Harbaugh didn't communicate to Cameron that he wanted things shift to the run or switching up the playcalls. Is Harbaugh that hands off with the OC and offense as a whole? I understand that a coach has a lot to do, but couldn't he send a memo to Cameron, and say something like, "This week free Ray Rice?". Makes no sense to me.

Harbaugh had giving cam and our new DC this year pees to much leeway. Cause they're buddies. This wasn't a Harbaugh call this was a owners call. Biscotti told Harbaugh to fire cam last year in the off season. But Harbaugh ask him to give cam another shot.

adderall snorting

you're going to be eating a huge bag of dicks very soon my friend. you cheating team is trash and shouldn't even be above .500, let alone with a chance for a playoff spot. harbs owns cheatin' pete, and nothing will change that

mkenyon said:
Do you just surf around the internet thinking that every time someone posts something, they are trying to pass it off as revelatory?
It's a hobby, yes.

/derp

mkenyon said:
I don't mean to ruin this amazing self sacrifice of yours, but I do have some news for you. People aren't that narcissistic that they think everything they post is an original idea. I hope this doesn't bother you too much.
You seem very angry. For very little reason, really.

I'm just saying, you're pointing out the sacks as though Packers fans have been yelling screw job all season long. Most Packers fans here came out and pointed to Rodgers and the offensive lines poor play as being the reason they lost that game. So I'm not quite understanding the point of comment? I mean if the Packers fans here were running around claiming it was all on the refs, sure....

Godslay

Banned
Do you just surf around the internet thinking that every time someone posts something, they are trying to pass it off as revelatory? As such, does it then become your job, nay, DUTY, to point out that they are not?

I think you are reading too much into it, and Futurevoid regularly posts in here. It's not like he actively whiteknighting around the Internet searching out Captain Obvious posts such as yours.

Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight.

:jnc

Chili

I'm surprised this is an issue. You make the team behind go for two. Washington still had to convert a two to tie. If the Ravens defense is so inept they are going to let slow ass Cousins waddle into the end zone they deserve to lose the game. Think about that. The Ravens defense let Cousins get into the end zone on a QB draw.

OK, that makes more sense reading it there.

And if they miss the 2.

And if the Skins score a TD, go for a 2 and win.

Then what?

Well I would think that it would have been crazy to go for two in that situation and risk the loss (and, by extension, the season) but with Griff it is a possibility I suppose.

eznark

Banned

Do you jerk yourself off in every post with "you heard it here folks!" As though the shit you regurgitate from ESPN is somehow new and notable?

I'll forgive you if you take that 2 seed from the Packers though. That would be great!

mkenyon

Banned
you're going to be eating a huge bag of dicks very soon my friend. you cheating team is trash and shouldn't even be above .500, let alone with a chance for a playoff spot. harbs owns cheatin' pete, and nothing will change that
Whoah. Seriously though, what is cheating about the Hawks? I'm not nearly as tuned in to the hubbub as I once was due to spending the past 4 months getting my business off the ground. I pretty much just show up on Sundays and yell till I can't talk anymore.

Have I missed something? Please do share.
It's a hobby, yes.

/derp

You seem very angry. For very little reason, really.

I'm just saying, you're pointing out the sacks as though Packers fans have been yelling screw job all season long. Most Packers fans here came out and pointed to Rodgers and the offensive lines poor play as being the reason they lost that game. So I'm not quite understanding the point of comment? I mean if the Packers fans here were running around claiming it was all on the refs, sure....
Because it's fun to flip people shit? Isn't that what being a football fan is really about?

Godslay said:
I think you are reading too much into it
Pretty much. I mean the rest of his post was the usual Niners/Seahawks trash talk, which I get 100%. Have at it. Especially if it gets FMT going. :jnc

I honestly just didn't understand the point of trash talking the Packers (unless it's directed at TheLegendary - at which point have at it!) about those sacks considering most of them would happily acknowledge more than just the ref call lost them that game.

eznark

Banned
Pretty much. I mean the rest of his post was the usual Niners/Seahawks trash talk, which I get 100%. Have at it. Especially if it gets FMT going. :jnc

I honestly just didn't understand the point of trash talking the Packers (unless it's directed at TheLegendary - at which point have at it!) about those sacks considering most of them would they'd happily acknowledge more than just the ref call lost them that game.

I think you are overcompensating for your anitPackers racism from yesterday.

Godslay

Banned
Harbaugh had giving cam and our new DC this year pees to much leeway. Cause they're buddies. This wasn't a Harbaugh call this was a owners call. Biscotti told Harbaugh to fire cam last year in the off season. But Harbaugh ask him to give cam another shot.

You would think that the decision to fire would originate with the coach, and then work it's way up the chain. Maybe it did, I don't know. Even so, the offense hasn't really been the problem imo.

Top Bottom