• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

AdamSchefter
Rex Ryan told his team this morning that he chose Mark Sanchez over Tim Tebow and Greg McElroy.

fml

why. just fucking why.

untitled-18xzr84.gif

untitled-18xzr84.gif

untitled-18xzr84.gif

bionic77

You're acting like you've got Joe Montana riding the bench.

Just accept it. Rex doesn't want Tebow. He got brought in because the owner wanted him. He's a Brad Smith type gimmick player that takes snaps at multiple positions, not a franchise QB.
That is no way to talk about Tebow.

If we get any more injuries or bad luck I am holding you responsible!

Repent and accept Tebow as your savior!

Rex is going down with his QB. The Jets will need to keep Sanchez for at least one more season based on his ridiculous salary. The only question is whether Woody sticks with Rex for one more failure of a season and then just goes new coach/new QB in 2014.

Are you sure that McElroy is worse then Sanchez?

Mentally, McElroy is 100x better than Sanchez. Ability wise I would speculate he's better in that department too.

I bet the way Rex looked at it was 'Do I pick the qb I didn't want in the first place? The one who blasted my team on the radio? Or my bff?'

brentech

Goddamn. Starks injury is especially frustrating because you have to imagine one of the main reasons McCarthy was balancing the carries between Green and Starks was to keep Starks healthy. Lord knows it wasn't for running ability. Guy is just too injury prone.
jnc

fuck. I really dont want to see more Kuhn runs

bionic77

Taylor is only out for two games.

Man if we can get Ben back at 100%, Woodley back at 100%, our line back together, Ike back with our new and improved secondary and keep Polamalu on the bench then I like our chances against anyone.

Taylor is only out for two games.

Man if we can get Ben back at 100%, Woodley back at 100%, our line back together, Ike back with our new and improved secondary and keep Polamalu on the bench then I like our chances against anyone.

I'm fine with things the way they are mostly.

I just want Ben and Colon back.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers update:

I thought this was going to happen already when Cedric Benson went down. FINALLY.

Also, lol Jets. Rex Ryan is basically trying to get himself fired at this point. If he moved on from Sanchez he probably could have saved his job.

bionic77

I'm fine with things the way they are mostly.

I just want Ben and Colon back.
I want it all.

Decastro, Colon blow, Ben, Ike, Woodley and spelling Troy with Allen. Troy just takes too many chances and I am afraid of what is going to happen with him when we play a team that just spreads us out, especially if he is not 100%. He could get away with those gambles 3 and 4 years ago, but now I am not sure his body can keep up with that style of play.

I want it all.

Decastro, Colon blow, Ben, Ike, Woodley and spelling Troy with Allen. Troy just takes too many chances and I am afraid of what is going to happen with him when we play a team that just spreads us out, especially if he is not 100%. He could get away with those gambles 3 and 4 years ago, but now I am not sure his body can keep up with that style of play.

:jnc. What are you preserving Troy for? He needs to play hard as soon as he can before he burns himself out.

Woodley i'm cold to now. Give me Worilds who at least shows up every game.

Always loved Ike, so i'm surprised to see you finally take up for him after he gets injured. :p

squicken

It may be that the Jets locker room and Rex just hate McElroy. Tebow seems to not be an option, but not playing McElroy is just spite. That, or like ez said, they are tanking

bionic77

:jnc. What are you preserving Troy for? He needs to play hard as soon as he can before he burns himself out.

Woodley i'm cold to now. Give me Worilds who at least shows up every game.

Always loved Ike, so i'm surprised to see you finally take up for him after he gets injured. :p
I have never hated on Ike. For the longest time he was our only good corner. The problem was that smart qb's would just avoid him and throw to the other bums who couldn't cover.

I am not ready to give up on Woodley. Worilds shows up but physically I have never seen him dominate a game the way Woodley can (assuming he can ever get healthy again). Besides we have too much invested in him to just give up at this point. But of course this depends on him getting healthy, which he has not been for a long ass time.

And I am not preserving Troy, I just don't think that right now where he is coming back from his injury and at his age that he is going to play as good as the guys behind him. When he is gimpy he blows too many coverages and misses too many tackles. He becomes a liability. If he comes back healthy I would still have him share time with Allen, who has definitely shown he can play the position at a very high level. When is the last time we could say that about Troy? Don't get me wrong, I love Troy and he deserves the job if he can come back healthy, but I don't remember the last time he was 100% and running around the way he used to.

Tebow is the antichrist. Unfortunately, Bionic has already fallen prey to his charisma and charming good looks.

I'm not surprised. He allowed himself to be bamboozled by that satanic chubby chaser Big Ben. People must learn to worship the true messiahs:

The Father:

tom_brady300.jpg

The Son:

elite-daily-robert-griffin-iii-nike-cover-up-scandal.jpg

And the Holy Ghost:

Romodown.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
I hope Tebow is at least active for this game, just to hear the pop of the Jaguars crowd if Mark gets benched again.

Of course, this could also just be a way to try to build some confidence in Sanchez, playing against a shitty secondary.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm not sure how I feel about this Grant thing. On one hand, I don't think they should have gotten rid of him in the first place. On the other hand, it's going to be Benson/Grant once Benson is healthy. I'd like to see the Packers try to develop someone new (or magically make Starks resistant to injury).

Either way, welcome home, Grant.

Chad Johnson is on First Take right now discussing with Skip Bayless whether or not his wife will take him back. And in a surprise to no one, it got awkward as fuck.

bionic77

Ninja the time has come. Obviously being a Redkins fan drove you insane and into the uncomfortably soft and smooth arms of Tammy for comfort (I don't even want to know what you two did on those lonesome nights). But you have no excuses anymore. Now your team has potentially the most exciting qb in the league. You can't be a two teamers or a two qb'er anymore.

You have to make a choice and this one is going to define you for the rest of the days you post here. Brady or RGIII. With whom does your heart truly lie?

ari

Banned
Andy is done. Rex Ryan future.

yea, i can see Andy calling it quits and going into broadcasting.

Rex Ryan is done with the head coaching gig though, wouldn't be surprise that he will become D-coordinator of the eagles to create a shitty sibling divisional rivalry with his bro.

Damnit, the Starks bandwagon lost another wheel. Everytime we get it up to speed on the highway, something goes wrong!
I'm not sure how I feel about this Grant thing. On one hand, I don't think they should have gotten rid of him in the first place. On the other hand, it's going to be Benson/Grant once Benson is healthy. I'd like to see the Packers try to develop someone new (or magically make Starks resistant to injury).

Benson is done for the year, and if we do re-sign a veteran RB we'll only re-sign one... so Benson or Grant (which is to say: Benson), not both.

Grant was pretty solid down the stretch last year, hope he's got something left in the tank.

eznark

Banned

They needed to sign someone and he has been getting into game shape for two months trying to get a team to sign him. It's a fine emergency signing. But really...who gives a shit?

Packers racking up a monster injury list. Super Bowl time!!!!

eznark

Banned
Far Cry 3 took all night to download so I didn't get a chance to play it tonight but I have been fighting a massive boner all day long in anticipation. The people at the meeting I was just in must have been very uncomfortable.

They needed to sign someone and he has been getting into game shape for two months trying to get a team to sign him. It's a fine emergency signing. But really...who gives a shit?

Packers racking up a monster injury list. Super Bowl time!!!!

Please go down Finley...then they will be unstoppable.

Top Bottom