• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

NawidA

Banned
What has Cutler even done that makes him so reviled? His teammates like him, he hasn't pulled a Ray Lewis/Big Ben, and he seems like a solid dude off the field. Did he shit on a reporter's notebook?

Smokey

LOLALEX.gif

omg

MechDX

What has Cutler even done that makes him so reviled? His teammates like him, he hasn't pulled a Ray Lewis/Big Ben, and he seems like a solid dude off the field. Did he shit on a reporter's notebook?

He tried to assault my linebacker in a blood rage.

Drakeon

He's a douchebag. Have you never seen his on the field demeanor? Dude's a total douchebag.

mr2xxx

Banned

Sucking at football and being unable to produce his own insulin!

Greg

cutler_Brian-Cassella_8-624x447.jpg

No one knows what it's like
To be the QB
With diabeteees
Behind this line

w3voF.jpg

No one knows what it's like
Game on the line
You see me standing
I'm pouting on the sidelines

untitled-3ovcmd.gif

But my heaaaaaaad
It ain't as empty
As my throws make it seem to beeee

1286161536876.jpg

I have 3 hours, just for meeeeee
My ego is massive
Championship aaiiiiiiin't to beee-eeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeee

e7e841d909912bc33184604f5699f57b-little-packers-girl-is-very-mean-to-jay-cutler.jpg
I had to experience this on a new page.

He dumped his fiance which made him look like a douche, though he did eventually marry her. He also yells at his linemen to hold them accountable which makes him looks like a douche, but those guys have been on the record saying they like that Cutler does that.

Cutler is just a popular character to hate, despite the kind things he does outside of football for the Chicago community and his teammates all liking him.

He dumped his fiance which made him look like a douche, though he did eventually marry her. He also yells at his linemen to hold them accountable which makes him looks like a douche, but those guys have been on the record saying they like that Cutler does that.

Cutler is just a popular character to hate, despite the kind things he does outside of football for the Chicago community and his teammates all liking him.

iboA5DjymU1p1t.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He's a douchebag. Have you never seen his on the field demeanor? Dude's a total douchebag.

The truth has been spoken.

Cutler is an introvert living in an extroverts' world. You can't be mopey and borderline anti-social and be a QB in the NFL, but he is!

This might get me kicked out of Packers-GAF, but I can't really hate on Cutler. Part of that is that he's so generous when he plays us, though.

My friends dad and I were talking; he's one of the few smart Ravens fans who sees the writing on the wall. He hopes we lose out (which could easily happen) so we blow it up. Flacco out. Cameron out. He even wants Harbaugh gone. I never hope we lose, but if we do lose out, I want change.

Also, with Harbaugh gone, we become premier coaching vacancy and welcome Bill Cowher back to NFL.

NawidA

Banned
My friends dad and I were talking; he's one of the few smart Ravens fans who sees the writing on the wall. He hopes we lose out (which could easily happen) so we blow it up. Flacco out. Cameron out. He even wants Harbaugh gone. I never hope we lose, but if we do lose out, I want change.
Harbaugh? This team would be 4-12 without Better Harbaugh. Y'all have a weak defense and Flacco at QB. I don't understand this team winning so much.

Also, with Harbaugh gone, we become premier coaching vacancy and welcome Bill Cowher back to NFL.

you truly are an idiot (about wanting harbaugh gone)

I'd laugh if the Ravens fired Harbaugh and signed Andy Reid.

Also, with Harbaugh gone, we become premier coaching vacancy and welcome Jon Gruden back to NFL.
fixed for what would really happen :jnc

Did anyone post this?

Seconds after fatally shooting his longtime girlfriend, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher leaned over her in their master bathroom, said he was sorry and kissed her on the forehead.

His mother, who heard gunfire as she stood in the kitchen, rushed to her son’s bedroom and watched his remorseful goodbye.

Belcher apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month-old daughter and fled his rented home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in his Bentley.

The Star learned those details and others from multiple police sources Monday as officers continued their investigation into why Belcher, 25, killed his live-in girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, 22, on Saturday morning. Arguments over relationship and financial issues had simmered for months between them, according to the sources.

Belcher’s mother, who came from New York to live with her son so the couple could work through their issues, didn’t hear much of the argument. But just before 8 a.m., she heard her son say something to the effect of: “You can’t talk to me like that!”

Then she heard gunfire.

Afterward, Belcher drove to the only place he felt safe — to his other family at Arrowhead Stadium, police said.

As he covered the five miles from his home to the stadium, his violent act weighed on him, police believe.

“He probably realized he had done something and he couldn’t go back,” said Police Sgt. Richard Sharp.

In the parking lot of the practice facility at 1 Arrowhead Drive, Belcher encountered Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. Belcher stepped out of his Bentley with a gun pointed at his own head, police said.

“I did it,” he said, according to police. “I killed her.”

Club officials knew about the couple’s problems. The Chiefs had provided counseling and “were bending over backward” to help, Sharp said.

But Belcher told Pioli that the assistance wasn’t enough to fix their problems and now, “It was too late.”

When another Chiefs employee arrived, Pioli told him to stay back. Meanwhile Pioli tried to persuade Belcher to lay down the weapon, Sharp said.

Belcher thanked Pioli for everything he had done for him. He asked if he and Clark Hunt would take care of his daughter.

Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs arrived in the parking lot and Belcher reportedly announced, “Guys, I have to do this.”

Crennel tried to dissuade him.

“I was trying to get him to understand that life is not over,” Crennel told The Star. “He still has a chance and let’s get this worked out.’’

As Pioli and Crennel tried to reason with Belcher, the men heard police sirens closing in. Belcher then walked a few steps away with the gun still pointed at his head.

“I got to go,” Belcher reportedly said. “I can’t be here.”

Belcher knelt behind a vehicle and made the sign of the cross across his chest before firing a single bullet into his head.

Kansas City police believe Belcher killed himself because he was distraught over what he had done to Perkins.

“He cared about her,” Sharp said. “I don’t think he could live with himself.”

The night before the killings, Perkins had attended a concert downtown with friends, and Belcher had “partied” at the Power and Light District, police said. It was unclear when they arrived home, where Belcher’s mother was watching their baby. A woman who answered Belcher’s mother’s cell phone Monday declined to comment.

Detectives don’t know what specifically sparked the argument between the couple at home, but a friend of Perkins told The Star that the couple argued around 1 a.m. Saturday when Perkins returned home from the Trey Songz concert and drinks with friends afterward. Belcher was mad she had stayed out so late, the friend said.

Sometime later, Kansas City police talked with Belcher after finding him asleep in his Bentley on Armour Boulevard. Officers determined he was able to drive himself home. Police believe he arrived home about 7 a.m., well before a 9:30 team meeting. That’s when the yelling began.

Police said youth, immaturity and financial pressures served as a backdrop. During his college years, Belcher allegedly punched a dormitory window because he was upset over a woman.

Autopsies with toxicology tests were performed on both bodies, but results will take weeks, police said. Investigators believe alcohol may have played a role in the argument’s escalation.

Police recovered several legally owned guns from Belcher’s home. Investigators were testing each one, and the gun found with Belcher’s body, against shell casings and bullets they recovered.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said Monday that Belcher’s mother, who had been staying with the couple, was given temporary custody of the couple’s daughter. But he said it was unclear if the grandmother and baby were still in the Kansas City area.

Perkins, who grew up in Texas, met Belcher, who grew up in New York, through a cousin, Whitney Golden Charles, the wife of Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles. Perkins moved to Kansas City in 2010 to be with Belcher. Her relatives learned of her death from the news, police said. A woman who answered the phone at a relative’s home Monday declined to comment.

Monday afternoon, the family issued a statement that spelled Perkins’ first name with a double s, though she spelled it with one on her Facebook page:

“On behalf of the Perkins Family, we appreciate the outpouring of love and concern for our Kassandra ‘Kasi’ Perkins. Our hearts are truly broken for Kasi was a beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister, mother, cousin and friend.…

“Please keep us in your hearts and prayers as well as the Belcher family for two lives were loss. Again we thank you for your support, our wish is for Kasi to be remembered for the love she shared with us all. Kasi will be truly missed!”

Jamaal Charles also released a statement: “Our family has suffered a personal tragic loss.… As this is a very tough time for our family, I ask that we are respected as we grieve. Kassandra was not only family, but a friend and a loving mother. As my actual family and my Kansas City Chiefs family have been altered forever, we ask that you keep us and most importantly their child in prayer. Thank you all for your continued support.”

Later Monday, Belcher’s somber relatives provided statements outside of Belcher’s boyhood home in New York. Yamiesse Lawrence, a cousin of Belcher’s, said the weekend’s events were an “inconceivable tragedy.”

“As a family, no words can express the sorrow we feel over the loss of Jovan and Kasandra,” Lawrence read aloud.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/0...elp-jovan-belcher.html#storylink=omni_popular

Rorschach

He's an overrated pile of crap that all these stupid writers thought was going to be amazing even though he hadn't done shit in Denver. He was supposed to be the guy to bring Chicago a chammionchip and they spent a king's ransom to get him. So now they feel cheated.

Spinluck

Come on Bears fans, really?

There's just things you have to accept about your QB.

Cutler is a self-made dick, Luck is an ugly fuck, Matt Stafford is fat, all of GAF has had a man crush on Tebow, Alex has micro hands, Peyton has a fucking 5 head, Brady is a woman, Eli looks dumb, Ben is a rapist, Sanchez sucks, Weedon is an old fuck, Rivers..., Freeman is one Taco from being overweight again, Cam's a bitch, Rodgers is an awkward midget, Brees needs Payton, and Schaub has been bald since he was 13.

Ask any fans of these respective QB's, they won't deny these things.
So don't deny Cutlers douche-bagery, just embrace it.

beast786

Cutler is a self-made dick, Luck is an ugly fuck, Matt Stafford is fat, all of GAF has had a man crush on Tebow, Alex has micro hands, Peyton has a fucking 5 head, Brady is a woman, Eli looks dumb, Ben is a rapist, Sanchez sucks, Weedon is an old fuck, Rivers..., Freeman is one Taco from being overweight again, Cam's a bitch, Rodgers is an awkward midget, Brees needs Payton, and Schaub has been bald since he was 13.

holy shit. You just summarized 90% of NFL GAF post.

:jnc

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jesus... I still can't get used to that.. how much longer do you have to wear that thing?????

just don't post dude...wait it out. No more Rams bets for now on too.....not worth it.
And we were so very, very close to both he and squicken wearing NFL-gaf's choice of avatars for a year. CURSE YOU, GZ-G!

Excellent, very comprehensive list. I promote you to the #2 position in Colts-age.

ari

Banned
He's an overrated pile of crap that all these stupid writers thought was going to be amazing even though he hadn't done shit in Denver. He was supposed to be the guy to bring Chicago a chammionchip and they spent a king's ransom to get him. So now they feel cheated.
atleast Jpout is a better investment then palmer. Seriously, the fuck was the raiders thinking?

NawidA

Banned
I don't mind Dennis Allen as our coach (I'll give him another season, you gotta give the guy a shot) but Knapp has got to go. From best rushing attack in the league when RUN-DMC is healthy to him only getting like 3.2 YPC? Fuck it, I want Hue back as my OC.

Striker

Raiders are talking to Gruden?

I wonder how many teams is Gruden talking to, actually. Probably any one he sees available.

Top Bottom