• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Godslay

Banned
Texans just can't lose. And let's be level headed here for just a bit. The Texans simply have a glaring weakness vs high level passing teams. There are not a lot of those. They can win the next 3 and get home field.

The more I think about it though, there are 3 high level passing teams they could face in the AFC alone though. DEN, NE, and INDY.

I just don't understand how every play the Patriots do seem to work. said:
I just don't understand how every play the Patriots do seem to work.
Lots of man to man coverage, not much pressure on Brady. He has time to sit there and watch his receivers beat that man to man coverage. Add in a good mix of the running game...

TheFatOne

And here comes McDaniels. WTF are they doing throwing deep bombs. That isn't what they do well, and Brady doesn't have the arm anymore just fucking ridiculous. Pats are trying their best to let HOU back into this game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Special Teams are fucking tards. Wtf they haven't fired coach Marciano makes no damn sense.

TheFatOne

I still don't understand this fucking gameplan for the Pats. Why keep throwing deep bombs when you are killing them in the middle of the field, and with the intermediate game. Just doesn't make any fucking sense.

yeah just like when he murdered that old man after driving drunk

Holy shit, you weren't kidding.

DUI manslaughter charges

On the morning of March 14, 2009, a 2005 Bentley coupé driven by Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian at the eastern end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach, Florida. Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59. Police initially investigated the accident further to see if charges against Stallworth would be warranted.
Stallworth admitted to drinking the night prior to the accident. According to early reports Stallworth was legally drunk at the time of the accident;[17] news sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the nationwide legal limit of 0.08.[18][19] Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes before striking him.[20] A Miami Beach police report said Reyes was not in a crosswalk on the busy causeway when he was struck by the black 2005 Bentley Continental GT driven by Stallworth. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.[21] The construction crane operator was trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m.[22]
Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[23] As a result of a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of community control, and 8 years probation.[24] He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license.[25]
On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.
The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.[26]
On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stated that Stallworth would be suspended for the entire 2009 season without pay. Stallworth was reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV.[27]
A Yahoo! Sports story published August 12, 2010, reported that Stallworth's lawyers indicated he could have fought all charges with "an excellent chance of being found innocent," but that Stallworth chose to be convicted of a felony to do what he felt was morally right. The article later notes that David Cornwell, one of Stallworth's attorneys, felt there was irony in the reaction to Stallworth's decision because the public and media criticized the plea deal without knowing the full story.[28]

squicken

I'm not saying they will lose the division. But they do run the risk of losing seeding if they stumble at all.

I get you. The Colts aren't very good and HOU should beat them. Same with the Vikes. Their odds of stumbling are the same as DEN and NE imo. And the Colts are not a high level passing team. He'll get there, but Luck isn't on that level yet

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans O is just fucking awful.

I still don't understand this fucking gameplan for the Pats. Why keep throwing deep bombs when you are killing them in the middle of the field, and with the intermediate game. Just doesn't make any fucking sense.

We have the lead, it is the gamble they are doing it.

I don't like it, you don't like it but somehow they love it.

Every single time they show Johnson running a route he looks like he doesn't give a fuck. He knows there seemingly isn't much a chance he's going to get the ball..

Matrix

Incredible that the D calms down and the O can't do one damn thing to get back in this game. I mean the elite Pats D is just too much for them.

ari

Banned
wait wait wait wait....why is stallworth out there? Certainly there is younger and more talented recievers on the market. Do the patriots pick them up because they have nothing to gain if they go to the media about the cheating ass ways or something?

Godslay

Banned
I get you. The Colts aren't very good and HOU should beat them. Same with the Vikes. Their odds of stumbling are the same as DEN and NE imo. And the Colts are not a high level passing team. He'll get there, but Luck isn't on that level yet

Agreed. Although it would be fun to see Luck go up against the Texans. I can't imagine the meltdown after having to deal with Peyton for so long if Luck was to pull out a playoff win.

Bread

Banned
wait wait wait wait....why is stallworth out there? Certainly there is younger and more talented recievers on the market. Do the patriots go out in search of these old bums because they know these guys have nothing to gain to go to the media about their cheating ass ways or something?
wow that's one big leap right there...

Bread said:
they keep showing him on run plays
Your sarcasm meter is broken.:)

I'm making fun of the broadcast continually showing Johnson and talking about man to man coverage DURING RUN PLAYS.:) I thought my "as if he knows there's no chance he's getting the ball" comment gave it away.

Top Bottom