• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

ari

Banned
You do realize the Browns have won 8 championships while the Lions have only managed to stumble into 4, right? Despite a 12 year head start for the Lions. You know these things, of course?

17-24 with Fatford. Gotta wear shades.
I didn't even notice that about Stafford's record. Still don't know why i argue with beast about cutler.

beast786

You do realize the Browns have won 8 championships while the Lions have only managed to stumble into 4, right? Despite a 12 year head start for the Lions. You know these things, of course?

That is pretty impressive, he'll more than half of those were 4th quater come from behind. Plus if you take Schwartz effect than the record is really impressive.

eznark

Banned
You guys are nuts, Vikings are the true kings of losertown. 51 years, zero championships.

Truly the most pathetic franchise in all of sports.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

We're actually 14-14 with Stafford. Last season was his first full season where he had some time off to heal injuries and to get the speed and playbook of the NFL down. In his first full season he led the Lions to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, and threw for 40+TDs and 5000+ yards.

He came in drafted picking up the pieces of a 0-16 team lest we forget.

beast786

I didn't even notice that about Stafford's record. Still don't know why i argue with beast about cutler.

In just last year, stafford had as many TD as cutler best 2 seasons of highest TD year combine. Cutler NEVER had a rating of 90, while stafford best is 97. Even the mediocre year stafford is having would still be better than cutler 2nd best TD season EVER.

But don't worry your fearsome leader of the league worst offense will take you to the promise land.

just not this week against Vikings

eznark

Banned
We're actually 14-14 with Stafford. Last season was his first full season where he had some time off to heal injuries and to get the speed and playbook of the NFL down. In his first full season he led the Lions to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, and threw for 40+TDs and 5000+ yards.

He came in drafted picking up the pieces of a 0-16 team lest we forget.

so sad

ari

Banned
In just last year, stafford had as many TD as cutler best 2 seasons of highest TD year combine. Cutler NEVER had a rating of 90, while stafford best is 97. Even the mediocre year stafford is having would still be better than cutler 2nd best TD season EVER.

But don't worry your fearsome leader of the league worst offense will take you to the promise land.

just not this week against Vikings
Cutler is a winner with a 86 qbr, stafford is a loser with a 97 qbr. Congratulations.

WedgeX

Banned
Funny this should all come up. Was reading CBS Sports, and they referenced Football Outsiders' stats on the Lions. Lions passing efficiency is ranked 7th, running ranked 8th (wtf, mate?), and defense ranked 25th.

I really need more Plinko commentary.

eznark

Banned
DSC02775.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
Browns vs. Lions Royal Rumble? Get the Eagles fans in here and reminensce about a time when no one cared about football and your Grandpa's weren't aware of the dellusional grand children they would eventually be ashamed of. Just accept that your trophy case is as barren as mojave and drink away the pain :JNC.

Kiryu

Is it something funny... or just me

Russell Wilson have higher QBR than Jay Culter, Drew Brees, and Eli Manning in NFC?
He also have higher QBR than Andrew Luck.

He's fucking 3rd round pick Rookie QB.

And what is Alex smith, a loser back up QB?

a player with more playoff passing yards, playoff passing TD's and playoff wins than stafford? but you enjoy your meaningless regular season stats.

OMFG ONE TIME STAFFORD WOULDN'T BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME AND HE BROUGHT HIS TEAM BACK FOR A THRILLING LAST SECOND VICTORY!

oh yeah? against who?

THE BROWNS.

oh...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It doesn't mean that regular season starter QB should be lower than 3rd round Rookie QB.

RG3 > Russell > Andrew Luck

Cam Newton was hot shit last year too. Lets see how long these rookies last. I'd put my money on Luck having the most successful career for numerous reasons.

Either way this is a discussion of good QBs. 49er fans need not apply in this conversation.

Kiryu

Why not? You do know that Luck is getting the rookie of the year, right?
He is the lucky of the luckiest QB ever I have seen to get 8-4.

RG3 is better Rookie QB and deserve to win Rookie of the year.

Russell should be notable candidate for it too...

Cam Newton was hot shit last year too. Lets see how long these rookies last. I'd put my money on Luck having the most successful career for numerous reasons.

Either way this is a discussion of good QBs. 49er fans need not apply in this conversation.

yeah all we have is a good coach and a good team. if only we were more like the lions or saints who have hall of fame QB's then i could be in this conversation....

but then i'd have to leave the conversation in late december :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm inclined to agree with a Lions fan? Madness!

Never trust first year stats. Let people get a summer of film and practice on RG3 and see what happens next year.

ari

Banned
He is the lucky of the luckiest QB ever I have seen to get 8-4.

RG3 is better Rookie QB and deserve to win Rookie of the year.

Russell should be notable candidate for it too...
How the fuck is luck lucky for getting to 8-4? He won every single one of those games.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait... you decided to move to the Houston area instead?

The woodlands isn't really Houston - you are in the 'burbs broseph!

Only a temporary stay in Dallas for training.

And yeah, I miss the burbs! Did the whole "urban style living" thing in Irving, it's not for a 'sconi like myself.

beast786

a player with more playoff passing yards, playoff passing TD's and playoff wins than stafford? but you enjoy your meaningless regular season stats.

OMFG ONE TIME STAFFORD WOULDN'T BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME AND HE BROUGHT HIS TEAM BACK FOR A THRILLING LAST SECOND VICTORY!

oh yeah? against who?

THE BROWNS.

oh...

Alex Smith is a Back up QB to a guy that has 0 playoff passing yards, 0 playoff passing TD's and 0 playoff wins.

Jim sure knows his talent.

As per "oh yeah? Against who?"

you know that team you lost to at home last year, that same team which stafford beat on the road in one of the biggest come back ever in NFL history.

if you don't know the name of that team , I am sure you can ask your back up QB.

Top Bottom