• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Only a temporary stay in Dallas for training.

And yeah, I miss the burbs! Did the whole "urban style living" thing in Irving, it's not for a 'sconi like myself.

Sweet! I move to Houston at the end of the month. The Packers-GAF invasion begins!

City life is the best, man! Everything is at your fingertips! Traffic fucking blows tho :/

Is your job in the woodlands or are you going to have to drive into Houston everyday?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
yeah all we have is a good coach and a good team. if only we were more like the lions or saints who have hall of fame QB's then i could be in this conversation....

but then i'd have to leave the conversation in late december :(

A good team can only take you so far. At the end of a day look at the QBs who have won Super Bowls the last 2000 years all except Trent Dilfer Ravens and the Bucs were "elite" Qbs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sweet! I move to Houston at the end of the month. The Packers-GAF invasion begins!

City life is the best, man! Everything is at your fingertips! Traffic fucking blows tho :/

Is your job in the woodlands or are you going to have to drive into Houston everyday?

The wife is the one with the job, she has to travel all over the Houston region....

My 6 month post-grad vacation is over so it's job hunting time!

Saw this, and I liked it
99problems.png

Doomsayer

A good team can only take you so far. At the end of a day look at the QBs who have won Super Bowls the last 2000 years all except Trent Dilfer Ravens and the Bucs were "elite" Qbs.

What's the one thing the 49ers have in common with those Bucs and Ravens?

An elite defense.

See a pattern?

Probably not, you defend Suh and think Fatford is a good QB.

squicken

Holy fucking shit squicken. Bullet dodged!!

They secretly interviewed Kelly as well. But the guy they wanted was always Fisher. The day Spags got fired, Bustford, Long, and Lauranitis went to the owner and begged him to hire Fisher. Odd timing but Long and Lauanitis got contract extension in the offseason

He came from basketball!

That means he jumps real high! HE JUMPS HIGH!

2 more seasons!
I'm not saying get rid of Jordan, I'm just saying draft someone that's alittle more pro ready right now and contribute more. Our TEs really aren't that good, we might have but that that dosent been their good haha. Besides Watson one concussion away from his career being over and he's pretty old.

Tom Penny

How the fuck is luck lucky for getting to 8-4? He won every single one of those games.

He's been good but let's not get carried away. Six of his wins his defense held teams to 20 or below. 5 of his wins the teams have .333 combined winning percentage.

TheFatOne

Looks like Mankins and Jones practiced for the Pats which is excellent news. I don't really want Makins to play unless he is 100% healthy. No need to rush him.

squicken

fuck you detroit the first fucking person to talk in the barry sanders football life is kid rock? shit org wasted his career like the vikes will waste AP's. great oklahoma RBs need to boycott the ncfn

my favorite player ever. saw him return a kickoff at an osu game. i've never seen a talent gap between one guy and the rest of the players on the field like with barry. he kept fontes employed to his ultimate detriment

TheFatOne

Just a walk through. They need Jones more than Mankins.

Still a good sign for Mankins though. If Jones has fully recovered from the injury it may have helped the Pats in the long run. He was looking tired before the injury, and he was playing a ton of snaps. He should have fresh legs for the rest of the season.

Doorman

It's a shame that Stafford isn't elite then. At least, I don't see how he can be called that yet.

You were just saying a short time ago how you can't trust a QB's first-year stats, right? And were willing to throw out some of the losses on Stafford's record because they weren't part of his "first real season," right? Don't try eating cake you don't have yet.

Is Stafford elite? Mike Thomas, Lance Long, Brian Robiske, Kasim Osgood...make one or two of them look good.
To be clear, I think that Stafford has potential, but I'm not willing to say that he's magically a future-hall-of-famer, and I'm of the mind now that the coaching scheme isn't doing him or this team many favors.

Tom Penny

Still a good sign for Mankins though. If Jones has fully recovered from the injury it may have helped the Pats in the long run. He was looking tired before the injury, and he was playing a ton of snaps. He should have fresh legs for the rest of the season.

Agreed. It sucks because I think they need the bye which is going to be a big task with the Texans and SF back to back and Denver playing cup cakes. As far as I'm concerned the key is a healthy Gronk. Their redzone offense takes a big hit when he's out. He's as close to unstoppable as there is in that area especially with Hernandez.

squicken

lolololllllllllllllll

cheaters never win and winners never cheat! you're next sherman you stupid bitch!

they are staggering the suspensions so there's little overlap to the two missing games. i think it's pretty clear pete gave them the drugs and is now managing the suspensions' timing to cause as little impact as possible

TheFatOne

Agreed. It sucks because I think they need the bye which is going to be a big task with the Texans and SF back to back and Denver playing cup cakes. As far as I'm concerned the key is a healthy Gronk. Their redzone offense takes a big hit when he's out. He's as close to unstoppable as there is in that area especially with Hernandez.

Those early season losses are killers especially the Cardinals loss.

they are staggering the suspensions so there's little overlap to the two missing games. i think it's pretty clear pete gave them the drugs and is now managing the suspensions' timing to cause as little impact as possible

wait a minute! that's not fair to cheatin' pete! there is no evidence that the seachickens are full of cheaters! this isn't the norm in seattl...

Browner is the fourth Seahawks player to be suspended for a PED violation in the past calendar year, joining John Moffitt, Allen Barbre and Winston Guy.

oh

WedgeX

Banned
fuck you detroit the first fucking person to talk in the barry sanders football life is kid rock? shit org wasted his career like the vikes will waste AP's. great oklahoma RBs need to boycott the ncfn

my favorite player ever. saw him return a kickoff at an osu game. i've never seen a talent gap between one guy and the rest of the players on the field like with barry. he kept fontes employed to his ultimate detriment

Wayne Fontes was terrible. Its hard to remember how bad he was in light of Millen. The man would refuse to use Barry inside the 20 some games. Ack.

cdyhybrid

This is a conspiracy orchestrated by the league office. They see the writing on the wall. It's plain as day that Russell Wilson is destined for the HoF and will rule the NFC West with an iron fist until he retires.

Goodell is trying to help the 49ers out because they get better TV ratings, so he's trying to set them up for one last gasp before they return to the Nolan-era vintage of Niner teams. Unfortunately for him, Harbs has lost his team over a QB controversy that he started himself. The Niners are going to implode down the stretch, lose the division to the Seahawks, and get steamrolled by the Giants in the first round. This is their last chance to win the division until Russell and Pete are gone.

Top Bottom