• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

I would probably put some money down on the Falcons right now but there is still so much that can change by the time the playoffs come around.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Apparently one of the ideas Goddell is floating around is replacing the kickoff with a 4th and 15 where the team can either punt the ball or go for it.

I read it in a Florio article but he quoted a TIME magazine article. I'm not linking Florio's work though! It's over on nbcsports if you guys are interested.

What happened to the talk of the NFC being the superior conference? That seems like it happened so long ago.

Chicago and New York fell apart. Green Bay keeps winning unconvincingly, similar to the Falcons. And San Fran can pretty much be buried at this point and the division can be handed over to Russell Wilson. And Atlanta has a great record, but not even their fans believe in them.

In the AFC we have Houston, who might be the best team in the league and the SB favorite. We have Baltimore, who is one qb away from winning a SB. We have the Steelers, who might just catch 6th seed fire if they can get healthy. And we have Denver, who with a defense can beat anyone anywhere. Sorry Pat fans, though you can go fuck yourself your team is too banged up to be a real contender. One and done again! Hopefully we are the team that is blessed with the chance to put you out of your misery.
Strong Ass AFC teams, NFC teams slumming it in mediocrity. Same as it ever was.

Striker

New England has had one of the easiest schedules in the league. The only team that's been impressive for the most part is Houston, and even then they got spanked at home by Green Bay.

MechDX

New England has had one of the easiest schedules in the league. The only team that's been impressive for the most part is Houston, and even then they got spanked at home by Green Bay.

To be fair Aaron had his manhood questioned that week and was pissed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Brandon Weeden needs 180yds to reach 3000 passing for the year.

Trent Richardson needs 173yds to reach 1000 rushing for the year.

Josh Gordon needs 354yds to reach 1000 receiving for the year.

All in all not too bad for a trio of rookies.

MechDX

Here I bought you a calendar as a peace offering:

51FvLgeXv3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

squicken

But a tie is the next best thing. Pats and Texans should tie just because.

Texans D is better but similar version of the Rams. Can't stop a good passing game. SF is strength on strength for STL. Just a bad matchup for them. Anyone not affiliated with Satan hope you beat NE, but it's going to be really tough

Apparently one of the ideas Goddell is floating around is replacing the kickoff with a 4th and 15 where the team can either punt the ball or go for it.

I read it in a Florio article but he quoted a TIME magazine article. I'm not linking Florio's work though! It's over on nbcsports if you guys are interested.

Says the idea is to replace kickoffs with a punt and replace onsides kicks with the 4th and 15. Also says that the idea came from Bucs coach Greg Schiano....another reason to hate the guy.

squicken

Why this matters: Luck played in a mostly short-passing, move-the-sticks West Coast scheme at Stanford, and Arians hates the West Coast offense. He doesn't think it sufficiently empowers a QB to change his protections or his hot (safety valve) receivers at the line of scrimmage. "My quarterback has to be able to fix problems," says Arians. Learning how to do that would take time, even for a sponge like Luck. But from the time he arrived in Indianapolis, Luck showed the learning curve wasn't going to intimidate him.

Long SI piece on the Colts season with Luck's development and Chuckstrong stuff

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1206489/2/index.htm

Says the idea is to replace kickoffs with a punt and replace onsides kicks with the 4th and 15. Also says that the idea came from Bucs coach Greg Schiano....another reason to hate the guy.
The 4th and 15 thing just sounds dumb. However, if they wanted to nuke kickoffs in favor of a free kick (would end up being a punt)...

MechDX

Background check for Whole Foods complete. ideas on how to quit Walmart after 17 years?

Walk in and tell my boss to eat a bag of dicks? Wear Sanchez jersey and run into his ass? Wear Uggs and cry like a little girl?

squicken

I guess I'm late to the make it take it KO replacement idea. Love it. KOs are like 90% touch backs or flags anyway. It's already dead

edit: lol

BARRY SWITZER, former Oklahoma coach, Arkansas alum:

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough. Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Background check for Whole Foods complete. ideas on how to quit Walmart after 17 years?

Walk in and tell my boss to eat a bag of dicks? Wear Sanchez jersey and run into his ass? Wear Uggs and cry like a little girl?

No need to burn bridges. Just tell your boss you're out and give them as much notice as possible.

LevelNth

Banned

Tell them you got an offer with Whole Foods you can't turn down. When they ask what it is, tell them, but add 5% to it.

They'll either beat it to keep you, or respect your honesty and let you go.

Either way you win.

squicken

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/...his-saved-by-the-bell-cameo-spot-on-dialogue/

Harbaugh on Saved by the Bell

Even better is the episode’s conclusion, when Harbaugh delivers a powerful slap to the back of his cousin Screech (played by Dustin Diamond). It’s a scene Harbaugh would reenact 15 years later in a controversial post-game encounter with Detroit Lions coach Jim Harbaugh Schwartz.

“There’s the evidence that it’s just a normal handshake!” Harbaugh said half-jokingly.

Top Bottom