• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Narag

Background check for Whole Foods complete. ideas on how to quit Walmart after 17 years?

Walk in and tell my boss to eat a bag of dicks? Wear Sanchez jersey and run into his ass? Wear Uggs and cry like a little girl?

Call employees around, announce the Cowboys suck, crotchchop, then exit without further comment.

WedgeX

Banned
12-14-NYJ.jpg

ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif

Sanchize is the greatest thing to have happened to the NFL.

tmdorsey

Fuck you guys. A win is a win and we have 11 of them bitches right now while all you other true frauds except for Houston can't say the same. :p

MechDX

I know its usually just coach speak in the pre-game press calls but I liked this comment from Belichek:

After praising Watt:
Belichick also said Watt benefits from playing with defensive end Antonio Smith, a ninth-year veteran who made his first-career Pro Bowl last season. Smith has at least four sacks in each of his four seasons with the Texans, including 6.5 in 2011 and 5.0 so far this season.

“He’s pretty good, too,” Belichick said. “They have good balance. When I was with the Giants, we had (Hall of Fame linebacker) Lawrence Taylor. Probably the best thing that happened to Taylor, really, was (Pro Bowl linebacker) Carl Banks. I think there is probably a little bit of that by having Smith on the other side. You’ve got to deal with Watt, but you have to deal with Smith, too, so it’s a great situation for the Texans.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-of-Year/b9c91a8f-76c1-44ea-a7dd-0e6bba878013

NINJA STRIKE!

Fuck you guys. A win is a win and we have 11 of them bitches right now while all you other true frauds except for Houston can't say the same. :p

Falcons/Texans Superbowl. NFL GAF couldnt hold its excitement in! Of course we would have to start TJ Yates.

Breakdown of all of the Niner's passing plays against the Rams (what Kaep saw and what he did).

Part 1
Part 2

covg1_medium.JPG

Summary

...The Rams were playing soft deep shell coverage most of the game and the only routes were those that broke horizontally or diagonally to get in between the zones and give a loose window to throw. For the most part Kaep hit all of these underneath throws when they were there. After re-watching this on All-22, I can't see how Alex Smith would have somehow thrown more checkdowns and thus had a better game passing than Kaepernick did, as some have suggested since it's Smith's bread-and-butter to throw short passes.

There were only a few throws that Kaep could have made that he chose not to or didn't see. Pressure in his face and some bad play calls (routes called mostly) caused many of the incompletions, though really there weren't many. He finished 21/32 for a 65% completion rate, after all.

The biggest thing I came away with after this exercise was that the coaches have to call some better plays against this sort of coverage.

I pretty much agree with this assessment. For the most part, the impression I got when I was watching the game was that Kaep was making the right reads. Harbaugh and Roman did not call the proper plays against this shell coverage. Jumbo formations stall on passing plays if you're not running well out of those formations.

Draxal

The iron sheik on Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez.

http://twitter.com/the_ironsheik

Rex Ryan dumb fucking piece of shit. He make the dirty Mexican Mark Sanchez play. He worse than Chris brown mother dumb bitch

Rex Ryan make me mad I see him I put him in camel clutch make him humble

mr2xxx said:
Looks too bulky to be him but i might get it if there are no better options.
They do such a poor job with likeness on those figures. I bought this a little while ago:

...and it's kind of funny how JPP is nearly the same stature as Ahmad (a dude nowhere near his size) and his portrait looks nothing him.

bionic77

New England has had one of the easiest schedules in the league. The only team that's been impressive for the most part is Houston, and even then they got spanked at home by Green Bay.
San Fran looked impressive at times, but I think we can all agree that their scumbag coach (dickhead even tied to push around Screech, always picking on the nerds and small handed folk who can't defend themselves) fucked it up with the horrible timing of the qb change. They are done. It is the Seahawks time and maybe even their division this year if everything falls their way.

I was listening to the BS report on my way to Philly today and it was hilarious how Simmons and Schatz say the same thing every year about the Pats. Schatz was going on about how the Pats were far and away the best team in the AFC. The hack even discounted the big injuries they have.

A healthy Pats team might have had a chance in this pretty weak season, but with their injuries on offense (I think Edelman is out) they are basically exactly where they were a few years ago when Baltimore curb stomped them. It is just cheese it to Welker and any non-retarded coach is going to stop that easily. Like I have been saying for weeks, fools gold.

jbug617

Banned
Went to the grocery store today and they replaced all the Hostess items with Tasty Cakes. I always thought they don't sell them up here but I guess stores are reaching out for replacements.

squicken

Breakdown of all of the Niner's passing plays against the Rams (what Kaep saw and what he did).

Part 1
Part 2

[IG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1835211/covg1_medium.JPG[/IMG]

Summary

I pretty much agree with this assessment. For the most part, the impression I got when I was watching the game was that Kaep was making the right reads. Harbaugh and Roman did not call the proper plays against this shell coverage. Jumbo formations stall on passing plays if you're not running well out of those formations.

When your run game isn't working then your pass offense isn't going to work. I didn't watch much of the defensive coverage, but I do know that Alex doesn't take that safety and wouldn't have pitched that ball. Alex may not be able to beat a team like NYG, but he would have won that game Sunday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So officially official, me and my friend are 100% going to go to Green Bay next year for the Browns vs. Packers game.

So technically I have one year left to enjoy life as I'm sure the sconis may eat me alive there. :(

toon_link said:
Jim Irsay, Andrew Luck, and Reggie Wayne shot a scene for "Parks and Recreation" at the Lucas Oil Stadium.
Even in a casual shot, Luck is one ugly fucking dude. Straight out of the caveman Geico commercials.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
When your run game isn't working then your pass offense isn't going to work. I didn't watch much of the defensive coverage, but I do know that Alex doesn't take that safety and wouldn't have pitched that ball. Alex may not be able to beat a team like NYG, but he would have won that game Sunday.
It wasn't a safety. There is clear visual evidence. Don't put that on Kap.

beast786

My dream is Lions knock off bears for the last game of the season. Either from division or orgy dream like from playoff. Same goes for stinky packers.

squicken

It wasn't a safety. There is clear visual evidence. Don't put that on Kap.

It should have not been called a safety, but to excuse Kap for his play there is folly. The LoS was the 17 yard line and he retreated 23 yards before throwing it away. That's dumb. The anti-Alex argument will always need to be that he is holding back the rest of the offense from being the best that it can. Kap certainly looked great vs CHI, and is young. He had a bad day Sunday and was a big reason they lost

Top Bottom