• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

NawidA

Banned
They kinda have to. You don't want to send the message that it's the same ol' team where they go through coaches like Freeman goes through tacos. I don't think he's terrible, but he doesn't have a good supporting staff.

I wish they could get an established coach, but it's not gonna happen. If they really do want to change the culture, they can't be afraid of getting rid of all these great physical specimens that don't give two shits and/or have no ball skills. I think McKenzie has shown he's all about that and he's not gonna take any shit, but hopefully they follow through in the off-season. Guys like DHB are wasting cap space and a spot. He's a third WR at best, but he's playing most of the snaps. Why? Because he was picked high and he gets paid a lot? Fuck that.
I disagree about DHB. We'll be able to get him for much less and he's gotten better thanks to Hue. Can we just get Hue back as our offensive coordinator? He was really good at that.

LJ11

The Palmer trade killed them too, more than their share of busts over the last half decade or so but then you take away two early picks and it puts you in an even bigger hole.

You have to discount everything, start from square one, pretend you're an expansion team and accumulate talent. Even if Allen doesn't work out, they'll be stocked up and a more lucrative spot for any head coach.

Rorschach

The Palmer trade killed them too, more than their share of busts over the last half decade or so but then you take away two early picks and it puts you in an even bigger hole.

You have to discount everything, start from square one, pretend you're an expansion team.

Pretty much. They're still suffering from the trade this upcoming draft. It's going to take a few years at least. Hopefully Mark is more patient than his father.

Godslay

Banned
They kinda have to. You don't want to send the message that it's the same ol' team where they go through coaches like Freeman goes through tacos. I don't think he's terrible, but he doesn't have a good supporting staff.

I wish they could get an established coach, but it's not gonna happen. If they really do want to change the culture, they can't be afraid of getting rid of all these great physical specimens that don't give two shits and/or have no ball skills. I think McKenzie has shown he's all about that and he's not gonna take any shit, but hopefully they follow through in the off-season. Guys like DHB are wasting cap space and a spot. He's a third WR at best, but he's playing most of the snaps. Why? Because he was picked high and he gets paid a lot? Fuck that.

Two things I would go for are a WR and a RT. Khalif Barnes isn't even backup material. He'd easily be the most penalized player in the NFL if he had played every game. They don't like to go for veteran WRs, but they desperately need one. These young guys show promise, but they aren't ready to lead or carry the team. Oh, and DBs are the most glaring need on defense. Even without the injuries, they have the worst CB tandem in the league.

Honestly, he's a defense guy, and I don't think he's doing too bad there considering what he's been dealt. And the Raiders finally seem to have discipline (well at least until the last couple of weeks). It's the offense that's the problem and going from one of the best to worst rushing attacks is inexcusable. I think Knapp should be let go and Allen kept.

It will be interesting to watch going ahead. I thought it made sense when someone was talking about the Raiders on the radio today, and said they finally came to the 21st century this year. This might sound weird, but I'm personally looking forward to all the teams in the West rebuilding and being a good division.

Lenz44

Banned
Denver needs to give Moreno a rest for the rest of the night, I have a bad feeling he could get hurt in garbage time.

Rorschach

No, but he's a good #2. Honestly I didn't even know he was our #1, I thought Moore might've been. Or Ford when healthy. There's not much of a talent disparity between them.

Moore is #1. Any of these other guys could fill that #2 spot over DHB. And that's saying a lot because Moore is a #2 on most teams. They need a real vet #1 and Moore at #2. DHB can go help some other team.

btw- Moore goes on drop streaks where he decides he doesn't want to catch anything. If not for that, he'd be amazing. :(
It will be interesting to watch going ahead. I thought it made sense when someone was talking about the Raiders on the radio today, and said they finally came to the 21st century this year. This might sound weird, but I'm personally looking forward to all the teams in the West rebuilding and being a good division.

I think it'll be a bit before the Chargers get going and KC is in a huge hole. I think this is Denver's division to lose until Peyton decides to retire.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
10 Wins... Amazing!

If we can win the last 3... =O

Then you'll have 13!!!!

kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

Godslay

Banned
I think it'll be a bit before the Chargers get going and KC is in a huge hole. I think this is Denver's division to lose until Peyton decides to retire.

I think KC is a good coach and a QB away from being a decent team. Chargers, it's hard for me to tell.

Either way GG Oakland guys.

NawidA

Banned
While I would like Hue back as an offensive coordinator, I will always dislike him for trading for Palmer instead of just grabbing McNabb off FA. We would have been able to get him for not much, cut him after the season, and our performance during that season probably would've been about the same.

Rorschach

How is his run blocking?

Good. He gets on drop fits too, but he's way better than anyone the Raiders have.

I think KC is a good coach and a QB away from being a decent team. Chargers, it's hard for me to tell.

Either way GG Oakland guys.

KC's problems are way deeper than that and the Chargers' window is pretty much almost closed. No more Marty players to save them!

While I would like Hue back as an offensive coordinator, I will always dislike him for trading for Palmer instead of just grabbing McNabb off FA. We would have been able to get him for not much, cut him after the season, and our performance during that season probably would've been about the same.
That was one of the dumbest trades in a long time, but McRibb? lol Fuck that. I would have just stuck with the crap we had. Same results!

Godslay

Banned
Tebow for a 7th Broncos?

He's a better QB and football player than Sanchez, and you know it.

Well, Manning did sign an autograph for him...

I thought the same thing. Rather get Clady locked in than worry about Bowe at this point.

KC's problems are way deeper than that and the Chargers' window is pretty much almost closed. No more Marty players to save them!

There are front office problems, but they still have a talented team. Marred by injury, and bad QB play.

Talon

They have huge holes at DT (effectively unaddressed since 2007), CB and both Safety spots. The entire right side of the line seems open for business. After an already old ass Smith, they can't nail down a #2 receiver to save their lives - be it disappointing draft picks or injuries. They have the albatross of Deangelo Williams' contract, and the random signing of Mike Tolbert.

Other than that and the carousel of leg injuries between Beason and Davis, I guess they're set.

Spinluck

Broncos not like the classless Patriots.

Peyton is a coward, he did the same shit the year he did 49TDs, GO FOR THE JUGULAR!!! And break those damn records you pansy!!

It's nice that they spared the Raiders, they've had enough this season.

The D played much better than the offense this game, and they still pulled a pretty convincing win. Weird seeing them off in the red zone, but OAK's D showed up today, gotta give them credit too.

NawidA

Banned
That was one of the dumbest trades in a long time, but McRibb? lol Fuck that. I would have just stuck with the crap we had. Same results!
C'mon I would take Old Man McNabb over Boller any day. Plus, McNabb doesn't give a fuck so he would've fit right in.

squicken

I was blinded by that dumb trade and didn't want him as OC when Fisher interviewed him. But he's a good offensive mind and I'm sure he'll be in demand with all the upcoming coaching changes. Can't ever go back to Oakland of course

Godslay

Banned
Peyton is a coward, he did the same shit the year he did 49TDs, GO FOR THE JUGULAR!!! And break those damn records you pansy!!

It's nice that they spared the Raiders, they've had enough this season.

The D played much better than the offense this game, and they still pulled a pretty convincing win. Weird seeing them off in the red zone, but OAK's D showed up today, gotta give them credit too.

John Fox isn't going to embarrass Dennis Allen. Hence the knee.

This crowd is crazy in the Von interview.

A part of me wonders how the Broncos would look had Lloyd stayed in Denver instead of jumping the bandwagon because of Tebow?

I never really cared much for Lloyd. I was fine with them dumping him. Even so he might have been a good fit.

Rorschach

C'mon I would take Old Man McNabb over Boller any day. Plus, McNabb doesn't give a fuck so he would've fit right in.
Boller was incredibly bad, but that season was pretty much done. Bring in McRibb, who was pretty damn bad, and give him an entirely new playbook in the middle of the season? Same results. Especially with how much they refused to run the ball in the first. Same problem with Knapp. Let's only run the ball when the game is out of hand! I want to go home!

If Vegas has a bet on what the first two plays from scrimmage are going to be, I'd put everything on pass every week.

jakncoke

Banned
lol just found some interesting and lol nfl trivia. so i found my way to the 1944 draft, i noticed the 3rd pick overall had no stats, so i went in search and found this

Miller was drafted by the Brooklyn Tigers of the National Football League (NFL) but did not play professionally because of high blood pressure

bigger chocha than cutler

Godslay

Banned
If only Tebow could of stayed In Denver, he could of sat and learned

Can you imagine the coverage? Would have been quite the event.

I hope Tebow does find his way though. Last year was up there with my favorite Denver seasons. It was exciting, and you had the hope that maybe something magical could actually happen. It might have been a bit delusional, but you just have to back what the team puts out there.

He's a good receiver, just not sure what's happened to him in NE. Tom tries to use him as his deep ball bailout.

He did have a good year with Orton. I just never really cared for his personality.

squicken

They have huge holes at DT (effectively unaddressed since 2007), CB and both Safety spots. The entire right side of the line seems open for business. After an already old ass Smith, they can't nail down a #2 receiver to save their lives - be it disappointing draft picks or injuries. They have the albatross of Deangelo Williams' contract, and the random signing of Mike Tolbert.

Other than that and the carousel of leg injuries between Beason and Davis, I guess they're set.

I'm not familiar with their roster but I know they have lots of issues with their cap. Early in the year everyone said Chud was awful, but the numbers say the offense isn't that bad. Good draft to address their OL issues. I guess it depends on how the perspective coach views Cam. Owners want to hear from candidates that they love the QB and he's their guy. Kubiak did that with Carr and they wasted a couple of years

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well we no longer have to worry about Gisele going into labor on gameday. She gave birth to a daughter today.

So Tammy's Tammy had a Tammy

Dem Uggs endorsement freebees, this girl is going to be spoiled beyond belief

Top Bottom