• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
The Broncos have one of the toughest schedules this year. They played the Patriots, Texans, and Steelers, and still have the Ravens coming up. Peyton is the GOAT at QB, and is the smartest player to ever lace them up. For a guy who is such a class act, he sure has a lot of Haters.

He gave the Texans hell for a long time but I honestly don't hate him. He seems like a cool enough guy and I can't question that he is one of the best ever.

verbum

Well after next week, no more Thursday games. Atlanta plays at Detroit on Saturday night the 22nd.
Then all Sunday games the final weekend.
The last Monday game is the 17th. It will be the Jets vs the Titans. I'm skipping that one.

It has been a very interesting season so far, The biggest surprises to me are the fall of the Chargers and the rise of the Seahawks. When the Seahawks won with the replacement refs over the Packers, I thought "that was some lucky shit there, they'll be diving to the bottom with that QB, he'll end up on the IR".

You could say the same for luck

Not with all those interceptions.
Well after next week, no more Thursday games. Atlanta plays at Detroit on Saturday night the 22nd.
Then all Sunday games the final weekend.
The last Monday game is the 17th. It will be the Jets vs the Titans. I'm skipping that one.

It has been a very interesting season so far, The biggest surprises to me are the fall of the Chargers and the rise of the Seahawks. When the Seahawks won with the replacement refs over the Packers, I thought "that was some lucky shit there, they'll be diving to the bottom with that QB, he'll end up on the IR".

Chargers have been shit for years. This was no surprise. You don't constantly go on early season losing streaks unless you're a garbage team.

Seahawks were a surprise though. I thought the same thing you did "No way Russell Wilson can keep this up with all of those jump passes he does." I would like to see him throw more consistently from the pocket though.

squicken

Not with all those interceptions.

Chargers have been shit for years. This was no surprise. You don't constantly go on early season losing streaks unless you're a garbage team.

Seahawks were a surprise though. I thought the same thing you did "No way Russell Wilson can keep this up with all of those jump passes he does." I would like to see him throw more consistently from the pocket though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/83824/710espn-seattle-audio-taking-on-bayless

Wilson actually does better from the pocket than outside of it. Sando did an radio hit where he talks to two total dumbasses but makes his point about Wilson's performance

It's almost embarrassing how stupid the radio guys are, and how unaware of it they are

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO WATCH THEM LOSE THE SUPER BOWL!? LET'S TALK ABOUT MY FEELINGS!

tumblr_m7uxjoynS31rzrbozo1_500.gif

Totoro?

This looks really familiar.

Wrayfield

Peyton

I'd like to see Adrian Peterson or Watt win.

AP. Where he runs for 2, Tomlinson would run for 0.5 yards. Tomlinson was a gifted receiver though, I can see an argument in his favour.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/s...how-can-the-nfl-be-sure.html?ref=sports&_r=1&

Giants accuse Saints of being in contact with Payton

http://i.minus.com/ihcaANw0l3YOa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love it how they insert periods when they write N.F.L. :)

BigAT

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/s...how-can-the-nfl-be-sure.html?ref=sports&_r=1&

Giants accuse Saints of being in contact with Payton

http://i.minus.com/ihcaANw0l3YOa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Read through the whole article and there seems to be just a single quote, from their punter, saying that there really isn't anything the NFL can do to stop him from contacting the team. Does any rational person disagree?

But good job not using the real title and trying to take something completely unintended from the article. Half the piece isn't even about the Saints, it's about Steinbrenner.

Read through the whole article and there seems to be just a single quote, from their punter, saying that there really isn't anything the NFL can do to stop him from contacting the team.

Does any rational person disagree?

It was only Kevin Gilbride who complained about Justin Smith holding.
It was only Justin Tuck who complained about the Steelers holding.

It just seems very coincidental that the week before their games some casual criticism slips out about the other team. All of a sudden the punter gets opinionated about the Saints coaching?

It was only Tuck who complained about the Steelers holding.

It just seems very coincidental that the week before their games some casual criticism slips out about how the other team.

How the other team does what?! The suspense is killing me deacon!

Striker

Gilbride wasn't alone in calling out Smith's holding.

Tuck and a few of the DB's are the ones who mostly talk, and too much for that matter. Everybody else rarely say anything.

BigAT

It was only Justin Tuck who complained about the Steelers holding.

It just seems very coincidental that the week before their games some casual criticism slips out about the other team. All of a sudden the punter gets opinionated about the Saints coaching?

I think reporters ask players leading questions all the time because they have an article written and need something resembling a relevant quote to slap into their piece. Virtually everyone in here has expressed the opinion about how impossible it is to ban contact given the incredible variety of methods of communication in the 21st century. A player expresses the same opinion when asked about it and all of a sudden it's a big deal?

I also think Squicken read Schefter's tweet ("Quite the accusation: Giants’ players [wtf?] think Sean Payton is communicating with Saints:") and posted about it without actually reading the article.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quite the accusation: Giants’ players think Sean Payton is communicating with Saints: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/s...lk-to-saints-but-how-can-the-nfl-be-sure.html

Got it from Schefter

Would be all kinds of stupid if true. 1, the Saints aren't making the playoffs so what's the point of contacting them to help? and 2, if he's caught Goodell will ban him for another year.

Sean is off somewhere snorting blow and planning the demise of the NFL in his comeback season. We all know he's an egomaniac.

Someone shop Payton's face on this:

squicken

I think reporters ask players leading questions all the time because they have an article written and need something resembling a relevant quote to slap into their piece. Virtually everyone in here has expressed the opinion about how impossible it is to ban contact given the incredible variety of methods of communication in the 21st century. A player expresses the same opinion when asked about it and all of a sudden it's a big deal?

I also think Squicken read Schefter's tweet ("Quite the accusation: Giants’ players [wtf?] think Sean Payton is communicating with Saints:") and posted about it without actually reading the article.

Dude Gilbride made the Justin Smith comments on his own. No leading question. The transcript from the visiting media was posted on one of the Bay Area websites.

Why wouldn't I have read the article? Who cares about the non-NFL part of it?

Bowser

They have huge holes at DT (effectively unaddressed since 2007), CB and both Safety spots. The entire right side of the line seems open for business. After an already old ass Smith, they can't nail down a #2 receiver to save their lives - be it disappointing draft picks or injuries. They have the albatross of Deangelo Williams' contract, and the random signing of Mike Tolbert.

Other than that and the carousel of leg injuries between Beason and Davis, I guess they're set.

Eh, I don't think we have a WEALTH of talent, but I think you're overblowing our problems. I still maintain the worst problem this team has is coaching.

1. DTs - actually, when both Ron and Dwan Edwards are healthy and have played, we have been fairly stout against the run. Ron Edwards was lost for the season early on in the Philly game and it's been no surprise that our run defense has turned back into swiss cheese with Sione Fua inserted back into the lineup. Dwan Edwards was a great pickup and should be a good stopgap for at least the next two years.

2. CBs - this one is a bit overblown. Gamble was great last year and early this year before going on IR for a shoulder injury. Norman is a 5th round rookie, and while he's taking his lumps, I think he will be a good starter. Munnerlyn is not a CB you can leave on an island, but he's proven to be a fighter and a perfect nickel CB.

3. S - I don't really disagree here. Godfrey is a decent FS, but has a tendency to miss tackles. Nakamura is just pure trash. Will need to get an upgrade here.

4. O-line - I think a lot of the lines problems were exacerbated with the loss of Kalil. We already had a below-average RG, so when we had to move that guy to C and plug-in a collection of cast-offs at RG, it further hurt the line. Byron Bell has quietly been very, very solid at RT.

5. #2 WR - I think LaFell can be the #2 WR, he just needs to be a bit more consistent. He has a tendency to sometimes disappear from games. I had high hopes for him coming into this season, and while he hasn't met those expectations, I would say he has been a decent option (34 rec, 577 yds, 4 TDs in 11 games)

I do agree that we're not in a great position cap-wise. I would expect DeAngelo to either be traded or a post-July 1 cap cut this offseason. But we will have a top 5 pick most likely, and we can invest that in either the offensive or defensive line. I hope that the Panthers are in a position to draft A&M OT Luke Joeckel - I would plug him in at LT, move Gross to RT and kick Bell inside to RG. With Kalil coming back and Silatolu with a year of experience, I think that could be a good line. Alternatively, if we can't grab Joeckel, I'd be happy with the best DT available, either Lotulelei or Hankins.

Remember, the Panthers are 0-7 in games decided by a TD or less this season - if we went 4-3, we'd be 7-5 instead of 3-9 and in the thick of the playoff hunt. We just need to stay healthy and hire a coach who isn't a complete imbecile and I think we'll be in at least wild card contention next season.

Seanspeed

Banned
The Broncos have one of the toughest schedules this year. They played the Patriots, Texans, and Steelers, and still have the Ravens coming up. Peyton is the GOAT at QB, and is the smartest player to ever lace them up. For a guy who is such a class act, he sure has a lot of Haters.
Lost to Patriots.

Lost to Texans.

Lost to Falcons.

I dont hate Peyton, but the Broncos aren't as good as their record suggests.

Lost to Patriots.

Lost to Texans.

Lost to Falcons.

Can't you do this exact same thing with any other team besides the Texans and Falcons? It doesn't really tell us much of anything.

Lost to Cardinals.

Lost to Seahawks.

Lost to Ravens.

I hate Brady, and the Patriots aren't as good as their record suggests.

(I actually think the Patriots are pretty good)

Godslay

Banned
Lost to Patriots.

Lost to Texans.

Lost to Falcons.

6 teams they've played are over 0.500, 7 teams are under. It's a stupid argument anyways. You can only play who's on your schedule and they have no control over that. Pats have a cake schedule, Texans as well. Big deal.

MechDX

6 teams they've played are over 0.500, 7 teams are under. It's a stupid argument anyways. You can only play who's on your schedule and they have no control over that. Pats have a cake schedule, Texans as well. Big deal.

hennelol2.gif

sorrt godslay just had to!

Literally the only impressive win the Pats have is over the Broncos before the Broncos got hot. I might give them the Colts as well but that one's sort of borderline. But hey, they beat the Jets and Bills twice!

jmdajr

Literally the only impressive win the Pats have is over the Broncos before the Broncos got hot. I might give them the Colts as well but that one's sort of borderline. But hey, they beat the Jets and Bills twice!

NE and HOU have pretty much faced all the same teams except for Pats have NFC West and Texans have NFC North .

Well, Texans still have to face the Colts, but that's about it.

Godslay

Banned
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1307945/hennelol2.gif

sorrt godslay just had to!

:jnc

It's true though. Pats, Texans, and Broncos are all loaded with wins over bad teams (especially division rivals). It's not a bad thing, as good teams should beat bad teams. I think the pats, Texans, and Broncos are all Super Bowl contenders even with wins over bad teams. If they lost to shit teams they would be shit themselves. Stupid argument.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/b6845fd9-b985-4aef-9455-43f512b4e79c

(on Patriots QB Tom Brady and Texans QB Matt Schaub) “They’re both very into what they’re doing. You look at (QB) Tom (Brady), he’s a fiery player, very intense. You would think he was probably a guy playing defense or something. Everyone has their different approach to it. (QB) Matt (Schaub) has that same focus. I think that’s one of the similar things that they have in common. I’ve been telling people this season. (QB) Matt (Schaub) has a different look in his eye. I think it’s just some of the things that he went through last year battling through the injuries and stuff like that. It just lets you know you never know when it’ll be your last play out there on the field. You just can’t take anything for granted. He’s here. He’ll be ready to go Monday night. I’m sure he’ll definitely have that look in his eyes. He’s been having it all year.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54_U4VAxdC8&feature=share&list=FL9Iie9XE24_h6CFWptTav9w

Texans win if they don't turnover the ball and can get to Brady. Yeah, that is the general goal for every team in every game, but this is especially true this game.

Steelers and Ravens have shown the blueprint on how to beat Brady. 1, clog the middle of the field, force him to throw outside. His arm ain't what it was. 2, make sure you're covering Gronk with someone other than a slow-ass LB. 3, Get pressure up the middle on him, because the Lady doesn't like people messing with her pedicure.

Teams lose to the Pats because they don't have the personnel to do these things.

Oh, and you need an offense that can score 20+ points because even with those 3 things above Brady is gonna put up some points. Kraft has already given at the office, if you know what I mean.

If the Texans put together a solid defensive gameplan (and I think Wade is smart enough to do that) AND if they have the personnel to execute it, then they've got a good shot at winning.

Personally I hope the Texans obliterate the Pats, run up the score the way Bellicheat likes to do, and leaves NE in a state of shock and dismay. Something in the 70-3 range, with Yates finishing off the scoring with a 90 yard drive in the final 5 minutes. Would love to see Brady crying again, because the gif of his last cry is getting old.

MechDX

Steelers and Ravens have shown the blueprint on how to beat Brady. 1, clog the middle of the field, force him to throw outside. His arm ain't what it was. 2, make sure you're covering Gronk with someone other than a slow-ass LB. 3, Get pressure up the middle on him, because the Lady doesn't like people messing with her pedicure.

Teams lose to the Pats because they don't have the personnel to do these things.

Oh, and you need an offense that can score 20+ points because even with those 3 things above Brady is gonna put up some points. Kraft has already given at the office, if you know what I mean.

If the Texans put together a solid defensive gameplan (and I think Wade is smart enough to do that) AND if they have the personnel to execute it, then they've got a good shot at winning.

Personally I hope the Texans obliterate the Pats, run up the score the way Bellicheat likes to do, and leaves NE in a state of shock and dismay. Something in the 70-3 range, with Yates finishing off the scoring with a 90 yard drive in the final 5 minutes. Would love to see Brady crying again, because the gif of his last cry is getting old.

1) We can put pressure from the inside. When Cody is in at NT the defense plays tons better. I would put Watt and Smith upagainst anyone in this league.

2) Gronk is out. No problem.

3) Bradie James will be playing after sitting out Titans game. HIm Dobbins and Sharpton will bring the inside pressure.

4) 20+ points? I still believe this is Arians game. He always rises for the big games especially prime time. His stats are noticeably better on primetime.

5)Kubiak will NEVER run up the score. He has surprise me some this year but its just not him to do that. He gets a lead and then just runs, runs, runs and runs some more.

Oh and J Joe practiced yesterday. None of the Texans players who can at least walk would miss this game.

If any teams showed how to beat Brady, it was Arizona and Seattle. Brady has trouble when he's up against defenses that get up in his face.

jmdajr

Wonder if we could have beat GB if Cushing hadn't got hurt.

Anyhow, Texans have held up alright in the middle. Way better than I thought they would really.

Why do people even bother with this strength of schedule BS....

The 2010 Packers were 10-6, only 4 of those wins were against winning teams. 3 of their losses were against losing teams.....OMG frauds!

The 2011 Giants beat one team that was above .500. Frauds! They lost to the 5-11 Redskins......TWICE!

Regular season schedule strength means jack shit when it comes to playoff potential.

Greg

Why do people even bother with this strength of schedule BS....

The 2010 Packers were 10-6, only 4 of those wins were against winning teams. 3 of their losses were against losing teams.....OMG frauds!

The 2011 Giants beat one team that was above .500. Frauds! They lost to the 5-11 Redskins......TWICE!

Regular season schedule strength means jack shit when it comes to playoff potential.
"Trust me - I'm an expert!" -Matt Ryan

Top Bottom