• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

jbug617

Banned
I wonder who Jake Long will be playing for next year?

wasn't the reason Miami took Jake Long with the first overall pick was that he was the franchise LT. I guess the only other pick they could of taken was Matt Ryan because I can't see Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey going 1.

Smokey

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44417/the-texans-clinching-scenarios

Houston clinches AFC South division with:

1) HOU win + IND loss or tie OR

2) HOU tie + IND loss

Houston clinches a first-round bye with:

1) HOU win + IND loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR
2) HOU win + IND loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

Houston clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:

1) HOU win + IND loss or tie + BAL loss + DEN loss

The bolded has the best chance to happen. No way they clinch home field throughout this weekend though. Raiders aren't beating the Broncos.

wasn't the reason Miami took Jake Long with the first overall pick was that he was the franchise LT. I guess the only other pick they could of taken was Matt Ryan because I can't see Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey going 1.
Yeah, that's why they took him, but he's had a down year and now he's most likely out for the remainder of the season due to injury so it's starting to seem less and less likely that he'll be in a Dolphins jersey next year.

harSon

Banned
We could blow it too. This team can beat anybody and lose to anybody too.

We only lose to untalented awful joke franchises, not teams with talented players who consistently underachieve. Our only potential loss is the Browns! And we typically only lose to shit teams on the road, and fortunately for us, three of our remaining four games are at home.

Let me just put it like this. Jake Long was our 1st round draft pick in 2008. Vontae Davis was our first round draft pick in 2009.

eznark

Banned
The only FA I want the Packers to pursue is Andre Smith. And they may as well because they lose pretty much no one notable outside of Jennings.

squicken

I rarely post on the weekends, but there is no doubt I deserve some gloating from you.

Why the hell can't we beat your damn team?!

I really think it came down to the Rams DL being able to handle your offensive line, and coaching. In the first game your plan to stop the Rams didn't understand that Amendola was the only WR to worry about (Givens was out)

The second game, the Kap decision hurt them. The Rams offense did nothing besides late FGs. I think they ran a limited playbook for Kap, b/c both teams after the game had quotes that STL knew the plays. Weird to say but Harbs kind of looked bad both times

Joe Staley
“It seemed like everything they called was the best call they could have as a defense. We’ll watch, go forward, see how the execution was, and move on.”

Kap
“They did have a lot of good calls versus things we had called. Seems like they were in the right defense first with things we tried to do. We still have to go out and make plays.”

Lauranitis
“We had a blitz on, but I had the running back man-to-man, and we got a good pass key before the snap. I just knew by a certain couple players that they were going to pass the ball. So I thought, backed up here, they’re not going to release everybody. They’re going to keep people in to protect, so just add on fast. You call it adding on when your coverage blocks are replaced. The guy’s slippery. Just keep hustling, because he broke the one tackle.”

Harbs
“That was on us, that was the wrong play to call at that time. I would love to have that one back. Don’t blame the players on that one. It was too risky of a play to call at the time.”
--
“When we called it, we really thought it was a safe play but then we got the edge pressure and Colin pulled and was forced to pitch right away and it threw the rhythm and timing off.”

To be fair, Long is Parcells doing. We'd have Matt Ryan if they just took the top QB.
Overall I can't complain with the decision to draft Long, honestly. Other than this season I think he's been worth it.

The thought of Matt Ryan playing for a team I like disgusts me to the point of nausea. I'll never forgive him for what he did to my Hokies.

Don't get me wrong, Long had a huge immediate impact and we probably don't win the division in '08 with out him. But it's just gross to think of all the QBs we could've had and the ones we stuck with instead.

Bears better sign Jake Long in the off season. He is too expensive for the Dolphins to franchise tag.

If Rachal is lining up next to him you guys won't be solving any problems next season. But I kind of expect him to join me and Brandon in Chicago too, Bears can't ignore their OLine again after this season.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm just thankful the Jags drafted Derrick Harvey that year!

....dammit.

Although that top 10 was a crapshoot apparently, emphasis on crap.

They could have traded up for RG3.

they could have lost that meaningless Christmas eve game last year and not had to worry about it. Would have either gotten RGIII or given the pick away for a fortune.

I'm still standing by 8-8 or 9-7 for the season, Ponder/Musgrave be damned! :{

btw: How good was FMT's meltdown on Sunday after the Niners lost to the Shams?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bag of dicks being sent to PFT.

Power rankings they put the Browns at 22 but all they had to say is that we're ruining our chance at a top 5 pick. Forget saying something positive about a team you pegged as the worst in the league by a far margin, oh no we need to insult them, keep it going.

ari

Banned
If Rachal is lining up next to him you guys won't be solving any problems next season. But I kind of expect him to join me and Brandon in Chicago too, Bears can't ignore their OLine again after this season.
Rachel quit the team then got suspended, pretty sure he ain't coming back.

In recent weeks with cutler,the oline looks fantastic against the vikes and seahawks. They are playing great just in time for a playoff run. If we beat the packers, the nfc north is ours. 

In recent weeks with cutler,the oline looks fantastic against the vikes and seahawks. They are playing great just in time for a playoff run. If we beat the packers, the nfc north is ours. 

You won't beat the 9ers or Giants.

Talon

:jnc :jnc :jnc

Bag of dicks being sent to PFT.

Power rankings they put the Browns at 22 but all they had to say is that we're ruining our chance at a top 5 pick. Forget saying something positive about a team you pegged as the worst in the league by a far margin, oh no we need to insult them, keep it going.

They kind of are thought arnt they? Unless they are going to make the playoffs what good does winning meaningless games do? In 1969 the Eagles had the worst record in football going into the last game, and they went out and won that game and finished with the 3rd worst record. The top pick was OJ Simpson, and the EAgles took a different RB at 3. They would have been much better off losing that last game and getting the better pick. Once my team is out of the playoffs I want them to lose every game.

Wrayfield

Bess would be the obvious target. How many years left on his contract? Would be a nice player for the Pats.

Bess to replace Welker, would make sense. He signed a contract not so long ago so in a couple of years, when Welker's knees are shot, you can have Bess for a 2nd rounder and I will watch him have three consecutive 100+ catches seasons. :(

Bess would be the obvious target. How many years left on his contract? Would be a nice player for the Pats.

Bess isn't going anywhere, he's one of the most respected guys in the locker room and Philbin seems like the kind of guy who understands the value in that. Hartline's on the last year of his contract though.

It was bizarre having Bears fans cheering for the Vikings this past Sunday at the local bar I visit to watch the games. Those of us Vikings fans, in turn, were cheering for the Bears in the hopes that they would bring Seattle down a bit further from their Wild Card position. Unfortunately those cheers were few and far between & both teams staggered away with losses.

This weekend we will be enemies once again.

TheFatOne

Bess to replace Welker, would make sense. He signed a contract not so long ago so in a couple of years, when Welker's knees are shot, you can have Bess for a 2nd rounder and I will watch him have three consecutive 100+ catches seasons. :(

I would love to see Bess play for the Pats, but I doubt Miami makes the same mistake twice. Would be a perfect player for what the Pats like to do. I really like Amendola as well, but he can't seem to stay healthy. In a perfect world Pats would sign Welker, and replace him with Bess eventually.

It's nice seeing Hernandez finally being 100% healthy this season. Pats are going to need him down the stretch,and hopefully they will be healthy at the end of the season when Gronk returns. Has anyone heard any news on when the Pats expect Gronk to return or has anyone heard any news on Mankins? The feeling I get with Mankins is that he might play in the playoffs. He went down earlier and no one has said anything about him which is worrying.

Bess isn't going anywhere, he's one of the most respected guys in the locker room and Philbin seems like the kind of guy who understands the value in that. Hartline's on the last year of his contract though.

I know he isn't going anywhere, but he would be perfect for the Pats.

Top Bottom