• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2012/12/cam-newton-completes-charitys-hail-mary.html

Let's hear people spin this one into Cam being a disingenuous prick! C'mon ez, I know you've got it in you!
Cam just wants to get in the ear of that hotshot kid in the commercial. Talk the little guy into engineering or something so he's not a threat for the Panthers QB job.

jbug617

Banned
Isnt that the job of the coaching staff to NOT allow that to happen?

Maybe but you can't have your star player talking about this is the biggest game in franchise history. At the end of the day it's only 1 loss for you guys and to make you feel better I can remember that Monday night when the Pats destroyed the Jets and then in the playoffs lost to the same Jets team.

What's the deal with that avatar?!

I'm temporarily squickening to enjoy the Patriots crushing the Niners. Can't get excited about Peyton Manning and his undefeated record coming to play the Flaccos, so I'm going to get excited about a game that I can watch. I'm embracing my Niners hate, and it feels good.

Tom Penny

Maybe but you can't have your star player talking about this is the biggest game in franchise history. At the end of the day it's only 1 loss for you guys and to make you feel better I can remember that Monday night when the Pats destroyed the Jets and then in the playoffs lost to the same Jets team.

Nothing like using Danny Woodhead as a featured back for like a whole half. Fucking morons.

Re-watch thoughts:

DEFENSE
- Tramon Williams had a great game.
- Brad Jones had an abysmal game.
- Moses is good at pass rushing, terrible at run defense.
- Zombo is good at run defense, terrible at pass rushing.
- Walden looked tremendously weak. Not even keeping contain. Huge regression.
- Capers had Hayward playing LB in some formations. No comment.

OFFENSE
- Fat Mike called a good game.
- Newhouse gets beaten outside like it's his job. Terrible.
- Greg Jennings was invisible. Troubling.
- The RBs looked good but I'm not a believer in the run game yet.

OTHER:
- Still don't know why they aren't using Finley or a TE in the middle of the field.
- Lots of late hits and dirty plays by the Lions. Scum team.
- Incredibly uneven called game by the refs.

Visual thoughts:

Love seeing great blocking. Jones, Cobb, and Barclay make this play. Notice EDS fucking up as usual.

vt1uvoi6.jpg

Why did they not exploit the cushions more? Slants? Posts? Something. It's like they're purposely avoiding exploiting the 2-high Safeties.

vt20re80.jpg

My thoughts on your thoughts.

I'll have to rewatch myself but I didn't see anything good out of Zombo, run or pass. The Lions fucked up by not continuing to run. There were holes everywhere, including him.

We're playing a lot more Dime because of how beat up our LB corps is and we actually have some CB depth. I'd like House more in that position instead of Hayward tbh because of how physical he plays.

Our right side of the line are maulers. Sitton is great, and Barclay has been as well in the run game. Saturday is so small though so that causes problems I think. That'll need to be addressed, although obviously he was a stopgap anyway.

mr2xxx

Banned
Big market is all you really need just look at us and the Cowboys, one playoff victory a piece in the last 10 years. Both teams don't need the money that continued succes would bring, . It really depends on the owner, Snyder, Jones and even Zombie Al Davis despite Raiders not making as much revenue had no problem opening up their wallets, mostly to horrible players like Roy Williams, Javon Walker, and Albert Haynesworth.

cdyhybrid

I'm temporarily squickening to enjoy the Patriots crushing the Niners. Can't get excited about Peyton Manning and his undefeated record coming to play the Flaccos, so I'm going to get excited about a game that I can watch. I'm embracing my Niners hate, and it feels good.

Niners hate? I approve.

Narag

Mods please change his name to BostonLarry to complete the contract. Thanks in advance

Godslay

Banned

New OC, you should be happy. It seems to be what Ravens fans wanted all year, and possibly last year irc.

Manning's 7-2 against the Ravens from what I understand, and that was with Indy. Denver has been terrible against the Ravens irc. Don't give up quite yet.

Smokey

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44713/texans-get-a-lesson-in-what-it-takes

A sober locker room was filled with guys who weren’t going to say their season has fallen apart.

But several veterans said this was akin to a school field trip.

“I think they showed us what it takes to be a champion,” inside linebacker Bradie James said.

Defensive lineman Antonio Smith agreed.

“I sensed it from the coin toss. It was business, straight up, to them,” he said.

“You can see just how serious they were. They’ve been here before. I’m a movie buff, you know. It reminded me of that movie, ‘Troy,’ when Achilles told Hector, ‘Now you know what you’re dealing with.’ That’s what it was like. No love. ‘We’re coming in here to show y’all who the big dogs are.’”

So you're saying you weren't serious. Dem dudes got bamboozled unbelievable

Fantomex

First you give up on Ray Lewis, and now you start developing feelings for the Patsies. Who are you Larry? What happened to you?

This was how I was fooled the first time.

Well I have no idea how it will turn out but I would say the Browns seem to be in a better position now then when they made the playoffs with DA. They have a good defense now, and very good OL, a good RB, they need a few pieces and to hope Weeden takes a big step forward next year, but I would say it is safe to say they are a team on the rise for whatever it is worth. I do think regardless of how things turn out this year they should look for a new coach. Shurmur coaches scared, and I dont think that is something you can overcome in big games.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I agree with you there. Owners care about profit before anything.

Thing is, winning is profitable. Very profitable. Winning the Super Bowl guarantees you a lot of profit over a sustained period of time. Fans will keep buying if you've won it all, even if you haven't won it all in a while.

Exhibit A: The 25 some odd years in Green Bay between Starr and Favre.

Every game was sold out despite often fielding an NCAA level squad!

Can't wait till we beat the pats. All of NFL-age... Nay, all of gaf will be subject to niners-age wrath!

MechDX

Yeah I know I have read that analogy today at a few different sites. BUt I have mjor concerns:

1) Our pass rush is non existant. Its basically the same personel as last year..is that all because of the loss of Cushing?
2) Arian Foster is not running with the same purpose as he had last year. The 2nd half of the season last year and playoffs he was just eating up defenses.
3) Everytime I think Kubiak has turned the corner and gotten more aggressive in his play calling he reverts backwards.
4) Schaub. I was a long time Schaub defender but the stats dont lie. He just disappears in crunch time...TJ didnt do that last year.

jmdajr

Hector: Fight me!
Achilles: Why kill you now, Prince of Troy, with no-one here to see you fall?

Welp. Thank You Monday Night Football.

Godslay

Banned
Still love Antonio Smith but shit. That hipster Barwin is poisoning the team with his high school/college party antics. Football isn't supposed to be fun, this is business dudes!

Everything I've heard from Alfred Williams on the radio, former defensive player from the Denver Superbowl teams, is that there was a lot of joking around and fun times during the run. When it came time to play though, the switch flipped and they were all business. I think you can have both, but when you step on to the field it has to be to destroy so to speak.

Striker

Well I have no idea how it will turn out but I would say the Browns seem to be in a better position now then when they made the playoffs with DA.
They didn't make them with DA. They went 10-6 and missed out because DA decided to throw 4 picks in an important game against the Bengals, who were 5-9 at the time.

Mods please change his name to BostonLarry to complete the contract. Thanks in advance

I do not support this idea.

New OC, you should be happy. It seems to be what Ravens fans wanted all year, and possibly last year irc.

Manning's 7-2 against the Ravens from what I understand, and that was with Indy. Denver has been terrible against the Ravens irc. Don't give up quite yet.

I'm pretty sure I'd remember them winning with Manning, and I think there was one game where he was out and he won, but that was it. And yes, new OC is nice, except it's Jim Caldwell. And our QB is still Flacco.

Can't wait till we beat the pats. All of NFL-age... Nay, all of gaf will be subject to niners-age wrath!

And when Pretty Tom shows Kap what a real QB looks like, I'll be sure not to gloat.

They didn't make them with DA. They went 10-6 and missed out because DA decided to throw 4 picks in an important game against the Bengals, who were 5-9 at the time.

Then they are in an even better position! Weird that I thought I remembered DA playing in a playoff game with the Browns.

Bowser

Well I have no idea how it will turn out but I would say the Browns seem to be in a better position now then when they made the playoffs with DA. They have a good defense now, and very good OL, a good RB, they need a few pieces and to hope Weeden takes a big step forward next year, but I would say it is safe to say they are a team on the rise for whatever it is worth. I do think regardless of how things turn out this year they should look for a new coach. Shurmur coaches scared, and I dont think that is something you can overcome in big games.

They didn't even make the playoffs that year, had to stay home due to tiebreakers

Godslay

Banned
So much panic mode for an 11-2 team. It's amusing.

Last year when Tebow was at the helm and we backed into the playoffs I had some hope that we could maybe pull off some wins. Going into the NE game, I thought if we played mistake free, and got some things to go our way we might have a chance at a close game or even pulling one out.

I was wrong in the end, but getting everything resets in the playoffs and crazy stuff can happen.

MechDX

Houston Texans clinch the AFC South with a win and clinch a first-round bye if they win and the Patriots and Broncos both lose.

Baltimore Ravens clinch the AFC North if they win, or if the Steelers and Bengals both lose.

Indianapolis Colts clinch a playoff spot if they win, or if the Jets and Bengals both lose.

Atlanta Falcons clinch a first-round playoff bye with a win and either a Packers loss or a 49ers loss, and the Falcons clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs if they win and both the Packers and 49ers lose.

San Francisco 49ers clinch the NFC West with a win and a Seahawks loss. They also clinch a playoff spot with a win, and they can even clinch a playoff spot with a loss if the Vikings, Cowboys, Redskins and Seahawks all lose.

Green Bay Packers clinch the NFC North with a win.

All very feasible. Exciting weekend.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
BostonLarry asking to rep the Pats in an avi bet? Has it really come to that? Disgusting.

He's trying to jinx the Pats.

He's sacrificing himself for the good of all! I can't follow him down that road but godspeed BostonLarry....godspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom