• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think if the Browns have a strong showing these last 3 games they may get a shot at a primetime game?

(outside of the Thursday night ones that everyone now gets)

Probably not. I don't think the franchise has a large enough fan base. If they keep it up next year, they might get a Monday Night game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A wise choice after that steelers game. Couple more years and Norv will right that ship.

Agreed, Norv just needs time to right this ship man. The Chargers shouldn't give up on him too early. These players play hard for him. He just had a rough schedule this year.

Next year it's due to injuries.

Jerry Jones turned down winning more Super Bowls because he's an egomaniac.

Also, considering you're an Eagles fan I figured you would come down on the other side of this. Andy Reid has well used up the goodwill from MAKING it to the Super Bowl. Meanwhile Shanahan is still riding off his Super Bowl success almost 15 years later.

I already said that coaches and GMs are 100% about winning SB's, I just dont agree that owners are.

Nori Chan

Hmm you got the Panthers, Jets, then Raiders left.

I could totally see the Chargers winning all three and saving Norv's ass for another season.

why do you think ive been asking for the tank?

browns can go for the 8-8 and save shurmur as well

seems like we are in the same boat

MechDX

Texaints or Texcants?

fans-jags-guy-getty-900x675.jpg

squicken

I already said that coaches and GMs are 100% about winning SB's, I just dont agree that owners are.

They are about the first one. After that, then it's secondary to the finances. But they all get in it to win. Jerry doesn't run Jimmy off w/o those two rings

I agree with you there. Owners care about profit before anything.

Thing is, winning is profitable. Very profitable. Winning the Super Bowl guarantees you a lot of profit over a sustained period of time. Fans will keep buying if you've won it all, even if you haven't won it all in a while.

Tom Penny

Seriously. For them to not recognize that quick snap counts were killing them and to continue to stand around lackadaisically as the Pats broke the huddle in the second half was just mind-blowing. How did they not see that on film? Brady's averaging 25 seconds between plays on the season - even ESPN had a graphic ready - seems like a pretty crucial thing to miss.

I'm in a dark place today.

Too be honest. The Pats should have score more. From the end of the 2nd to the start of the 3rd they score nothing on like 5 possessions. That's why if Gronk comes back healthy the Patriots are going to be a problem.

squicken said:
After that, then it's secondary to the finances.
Ironic considering Super Bowl wins = more finances. You want butts in the seats? You want that merchandising money? You want your team on Prime Time and on the national stage? Bring home those trophies. That's how you energize a fan base.

EDIT:...and Deacon and I are on the same page.

MechDX

This is, winning is profitable. Very profitable. Winning the Super Bowl guarantees you a lot of profit over a sustained period of time. Fans will keep buying, if you've won it all, even if you haven't won it all in a while.

Texans fans are rats in cage. 10 straight years of sell outs at Reliant.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

This is, winning is profitable. Very profitable. Winning the Super Bowl guarantees you a lot of profit over a sustained period of time. Fans will keep buying, if you've won it all, even if you haven't won it all in a while.

Pretty much, they want a profit and the best way to get it is to win a Super Bowl. Allows you to justify raising ticket prices and any other prices you deem fit and you should have a fairly competitive team for another 3-4 seasons minimum after a Super Bowl victory barring unforseen circumstances.

squicken

Ironic considering Super Bowl wins = more finances. You want butts in the seats? You want that merchandising money? You want your team on Prime Time and on the national stage? Bring home those trophies. That's how you energize a fan base.

Glazers. Don't give a fuck. Forced to spend soccer money b/c of CBA

Eagles sell out every game and get tons of prime time games, even in years like this one where they dont deserve them. I do agree that if you are not in a big market then you have to win to get national attention though.

Probably not. I don't think the franchise has a large enough fan base. If they keep it up next year, they might get a Monday Night game.
I think you're misjudging how big the fan base really is. Besides having Trich should get us atleast one Monday night game. I mean if the Jags were able to get some in the past well have no problem.
Steelers vs Browns or Ravens vs Browns is a good prime time game candidate

Slo

I'm amazingly disappointed that gator doesn't get to wear his avatar that I made for him. Feelings are kind of hurt, to be honest. Gator, you could wear it for a day or two. You know, as a favor?

I think you're misjudging how big the fan base really is. Besides having Trich should get us atleast one Monday night game. I mean if the Jags were able to get some in the past well have no problem.
Steelers vs Browns or Ravens vs Browns is a good prime time game candidate

I think the Browns are a lock for a MNF game next year. Young up and coming team, with a great fan base.

Bowser

Cam Newton is in the spirit of the season. Tonight, the Carolina Panthers quarterback isn’t thinking about football season, he’s thinking about the holidays.

Newton, who led the Panthers to a surprise win over NFC South division rival Atlanta on Sunday, has stepped in with a last-minute donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Charlotte. The mentoring program for children hosts its annual holiday party tonight at Discovery Place. Newton’s foundation is paying for the party for 300 children, says Big Brothers Big Sisters board member Kendria Sweet.

Beyond the donation, Newton will attend the party and help hand out gifts and participate in a question-and-answer session. Sweet declines to disclose the amount Newton donated to pay for the party, but says his participation allowed the event to continue after the loss of a long-time sponsor.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2012/12/cam-newton-completes-charitys-hail-mary.html

Let's hear people spin this one into Cam being a disingenuous prick! C'mon ez, I know you've got it in you!

yankeehater said:
Eagles sell out every game and get tons of prime time games
Big market team. You said it yourself. Not to mention 12 years of sustained "success". Hardly sub-500 seasons that kill the will of a fan base (and some fanbases wouldn't even care either - look at the Browns)

Also, the last home game I saw for the Eagles - the stadium was a ghost town. Bad seasons and lack of winning will hit even big market teams eventually. It only took two shit seasons for the Eagles.

MechDX said:
He is Vigo!!
You like the buzzing of flies to him!

Talon

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2012/12/cam-newton-completes-charitys-hail-mary.html

Let's hear people spin this one into Cam being a disingenuous prick! C'mon ez, I know you've got it in you!
That's a lot of towels, Cam!

cdyhybrid

God damnit, I go to sleep and you fuckers post like 500 pages of posts!

Like Jake Locker is any good.

You shut your dirty whore mouth, heathen. You pray to Tebow every day that your team trades for Jake. Just ask MechDX, he's probably the second biggest Locker fan on this board besides me.

I actually rather like the Seahawks.

/brofist

Actually the way you reliably win is to dope up your players and play at home. Can't remember if it's 7 or 8 DBs that you'll be without when you play STL, but that could cost

Even without the Adderall, they're still going to pound your precious Amendola and whatever other scrub receivers you have into submission.

2013 Free Agents.

QB Derek Anderson
QB Charlie Batch
QB Jason Campbell
QB Chase Daniel
QB Trent Edwards
QB Joe Flacco
QB Bruce Gradkowski
QB Rex Grossman
QB Tarvaris Jackson
QB Byron Leftwich

What a distinguished class.

HAHAHAHA really? you did? It wasn't the 8 turnovers that resulted in defensive/ST touchdowns or putting your offense right on the goal line for 3 Lynch TD rushes? Your offense still blows (besides Lynch).

You let Leon Washington and Robert Turbin run all over you.

Also, MechDX's meltdown is fantastic.

Godslay

Banned
manningtexan.jpg

Could have been so beautiful!
Could have been so right!

Get your jersey off of my QB! You didn't want him, you were good. You rubbed it in that the Texans didn't want him, when reputable sources said otherwise. To post this is insulting.

Texans fans are rats in cage. 10 straight years of sell outs at Reliant.

Plenty of teams have long, long years of sell outs. So does that make them all rats in cages?

Nori Chan

avi bet

loser wins

winner gets new avi

jmdajr

Isnt that the job of the coaching staff to NOT allow that to happen?
Football is about making Plays, and Brady made all the plays, but we didnt make plays. Don't worry if plays are confusing, Kubes can tell you about plays all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom