• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Antonio Brown, y'all.

I only saw the last quarter of that game, but the RT and Pouncey were completely mauled, consistently. That sack on second down on the 4th Q drive, the RT was completely blown up and Pouncey's guy went on a stunt right around him. Two rushers practically came free through the B gap, and Roethlisberger had no chance to get away.

What I'm saying is, damn that offensive line sucks.

We've got the usual Coughlin threads along with fire Gilbride and Fewell. So much overreaction and I don't believe scheme is the issue. The execution just isn't there. Even in the Saints game last week, the execution was lacking. Folks will point to 52 points on the board but the defensive front was still soft surrendering the run (poor gap integrity, over pursuit to the ball, linebackers out of position), plenty of coverage breakdowns and offensively it should have never been a game early on considering the ridiculous field position we had. In some cases it's tiny miscues (wrong route here, bad throw there), in others its downright complete lapses in communication or personnel issues. All fixable.

This coaching staff is proven and when everyone runs to the "Fire so and so" nonsense I have to ask - who do you have in mind to replace them? Who's the better option? That fact that we're STILL in a good position to get in is amazing considering how poorly this team has played in its losses this season. In the end, get in and anything is possible..

Those type of team specific boards are built to overreact. Best part is whenever you ask the "who should we replace them with?" question, the answer is always "There's probably some unknown out there who we could take a shot on.." awesome.

WHAT?

Are there Packer boards out there calling for McCarthy's head too? Or Patriots boards wanting the evil one out?

Actually I remember the Tom Coughlin stuff from a few years ago. I thought that was crazy talk then and it still is. The only issue with Coughlin is his age.

Steelers fans are immensely spoiled. They're also littered with lifelongs who've only seen this team win and not had to deal with poor seasons.

This will happen to the Packers too as soon as they have an underwhelming season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What?

WHAT?

Are there Packer boards out there calling for McCarthy's head too? Or Patriots boards wanting the evil one out?

Actually I remember the Tom Coughlin stuff from a few years ago. I thought that was crazy talk then and it still is. The only issue with Coughlin is his age.

Browns forums are just all about Colt McCoy after any loss.

Both you and NYG will make the playoffs, same as always. Giants are still SB contenders, but I don't think Pittsburgh is anymore.. For whatever reason, the offense just can't get it working. Easy to blame Haley, but there are just performance issues with RBs and WRs as well

Too many mental mistakes, the WRs keep putting the ball on the ground either by failing to make catches or fumbling outright. And the running back by committee has been a colossal failure. Line doesn't get a push and they have nobody impressive carrying the rock.

Cagey

Banned
Those type of team specific boards are built to overreact. Best part is whenever you ask the "who should we replace them with?" question, the answer is always "There's probably some unknown out there who we could take a shot on.." awesome.

Oh no... there's only one go-to man for Giants fans when the topic of replacing Coughlin comes up.

The Chin.

Antonio Brown, y'all.

I only saw the last quarter of that game, but the RT and Pouncey were completely mauled, consistently. That sack on second down on the 4th Q drive, the RT was completely blown up and Pouncey's guy went on a stunt right around him. Two rushers practically came free through the B gap, and Roethlisberger had no chance to get away.

Pouncey's overrated.

Cagey said:
Oh no... there's only one go-to man for Giants fans when the topic of replacing Coughlin comes up.

The Chin.
Ha! There was a thread yesterday with the title "What the Giants were missing from this afternoons game" The contents of the thread was a picture of Bill Cowher.

I just shook my head and closed the window. I've done a good job of avoiding BBI recently and I should really just go back to that. My own stupidity for even bothering to visit...

Too many mental mistakes, the WRs keep putting the ball on the ground either by failing to make catches or fumbling outright. And the running back by committee has been a colossal failure. Line doesn't get a push and they have nobody impressive carrying the rock.

"Young Money" believes too much of its own hype. Never seen all 3 guys clicking at once. One guy steps up, another disappears.

The Chin.
Ah. Steelers fans don't have that option for obvious reasons. Though he has obtained God mode since his departure.

So much "fuck you Ted Thompsoooooooooooooooooon" in Rodgers first year as a starter.

Of course, turns out they were all correct and Fraudgers sucks but still, that was premature.
Dude was taking some serious heat whe he dropped Favre. Never thought he'd make it through that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL boards still have nothing on the joys of college boards when it comes to overreacting.

Apparently I was told that the college boards hated the Bret Bielema hire for Arkansas. We clearly had the biggest name signed but who were they wanting? Gruden?

in before ez: "but it was a horrible hire"

Striker

Both you and NYG will make the playoffs, same as always. Giants are still SB contenders, but I don't think Pittsburgh is anymore.. For whatever reason, the offense just can't get it working. Easy to blame Haley, but there are just performance issues with RBs and WRs as well
Need Prince back ASAP, and I'm not sure how the offense is going to be going forward with Nicks still ailing. With him healthy this offense is potent. They believe he's better at 75% than Hixon, Barden, Randle, etc. so with him in the lineup teams just bracket Cruz and basically make the injured Nicks and guys like Hixon and Bennett beat you. Just completely different scenario compared to last season.

I can't believe I didn't realize this before.

The Ravens knew Flacco was shit (how could they not), but as this season wore on, it became more and more obvious to the rest of the marks in Baltimore. They had to make a change, so they did, they fired Cameron. Baltimore rejoiced. Jim Caldwell replaces him, he knows Flacco he knows the offense....

Of course, he's never been an OC or called plays, but so what, we have Flacco. He'll be calling more plays, more no huddle. It'll be on Flacco now, so says the Baltimore fans and media; his chance to show that it was Cameron holding him back. His time to earn a contract.

Then yesterday happens, and I feel vindicated for my Flacco hate.

Yet, the first thing I hear is that it's CALDWELL now! How can we blame Flacco, when his new OC has never been an OC? WE KNEW THAT LAST WEEK! WHY ARE WE RENEGING ON THE AGREEMENT? WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ALL AGREE, TO FULLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE UTTER TRASH AND WASTE THAT FLACCO IS.

When the season ends, they'll stack up Flacco's win/loss record, some smoke and mirror numbers, and blame Cameron and Caldwell. I'm beginning to accept that we won't be letting him walk. Best case scenario, we franchise him and look for a future replacement. Worst case scenario, I shudder to think of the years on that contract.

Talon

Apparently I was told that the college boards hated the Bret Bielema hire for Arkansas. We clearly had the biggest name signed but who were they wanting? Gruden?

in before ez: "but it was a horrible hire"
College fans are at a completely different level. Everyone seems to believe their program can attract the same coaches that Bama, Ohio State, Texas garners.

bionic77

Steelers Boards have been on the "Fire Tomlin!" wagon since week 3.
He makes a lot of mistakes during games and often trusts his vets too much, but then you see a fuck up like Garrett (who would have been our co-MVP if we had won last night) and suddenly things don't see that bad.

The truth is that unless you are winning you are going to look bad. Belicheat's defense was a joke last night, but at the same time you have to give him credit for how efficiently and intelligently that offense is run. Just think of what the Pats could do if they had a qb who was not afraid to get hit and could deliver the ball downfield...

squicken

NFL boards still have nothing on the joys of college boards when it comes to overreacting.

After Mike Sherman blew the last game versus Texas, the administration was going to keep him. They changed coaches b/c the fans were so insane on radio and message boards that it actually shook them to action. Fired Sherman, by phone, while he was in a recruit's home

It was nuts how it went down. First time I really thought message board culture had taken down a coach

Hammer24

Banned
I have no idea what is going on there, but Freeman throwing up lollipop INTs all day was nuts. His last two games have been really bad

Its hard to judge from the armchair, how much is on him and how much is on bad route running (Underwood comes to mind).
But right now he does look like a modern day Trent Dilfer to me.

I can't believe I didn't realize this before.

The Ravens knew Flacco was shit (how could they not), but as this season wore on, it became more and more obvious to the rest of the marks in Baltimore. They had to make a change, so they did, they fired Cameron. Baltimore rejoiced. Jim Caldwell replaces him, he knows Flacco he knows the offense....

Of course, he's never been an OC or called plays, but so what, we have Flacco. He'll be calling more plays, more no huddle. It'll be on Flacco now, so says the Baltimore fans and media; his chance to show that it was Cameron holding him back. His time to earn a contract.

Then yesterday happens, and I feel vindicated for my Flacco hate.

Yet, the first thing I hear is that it's CALDWELL now! How can we blame Flacco, when his new OC has never been an OC? WE KNEW THAT LAST WEEK! WHY ARE WE RENEGING ON THE AGREEMENT? WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ALL AGREE, TO FULLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE UTTER TRASH AND WASTE THAT FLACCO IS.

When the season ends, they'll stack up Flacco's win/loss record, some smoke and mirror numbers, and blame Cameron and Caldwell. I'm beginning to accept that we won't be letting him walk. Best case scenario, we franchise him and look for a future replacement. Worst case scenario, I shudder to think of the years on that contract.

I don't think it'll be a long one. I get the idea that Ozzie sees through the bullsit with Flacco.

eznark

Banned
iJ9l9Hyebj0bV.png

Chili

People on the Redskins boards were calling for Kyle Shanahan's and Haslett's head during the bye week. Now the former is an offensive genius, and they're beginning to come around on Haslett. The only difference is the players started executing.

squicken

Its hard to judge from the armchair, how much is on him and how much is on bad route running (Underwood comes to mind).
But right now he does look like a modern day Trent Dilfer to me.

But he had two INTs that were just up for grabs rainbows. Sometimes a QB is completely fooled by a defense (Peyton vs ATL earlier this year), and sometimes a QB just doesn't give a fuck. I thought Freeman was just throwing it up yesterday

Tough game yesterday. Luck has been off the last few games, but he played well, considering the o-line was fucking atrocious. Didn't realize today that Colts have allowed the most QB hurries in the league--makes sense.

Don't know why we even bothered with Moore--that goal-line fumble was painful. Lots of little mistakes, and the drops killed us on a few 3rd downs. That blocked punt, of course--horrible, but only happened because we're so thin and our TE had to play ST. Bethea also completely ran by Andre on his walk-in touchdown--he's looked pretty bad this year.

Watt is a monster. That is all.

Brightside: Ballard is playing better and better with each game, and Luck didn't throw any interceptions!

eznark

Banned
I was just about to say it's going to be hilarious when the Vikings beat us...

I assume since if it plays out the way I have it next week that Clay, Woodson, Jordy and Jennings won't play since 12-4 is no different than 11-5. Rodgers will be out by halftime.

Cagey

Banned
Ha! There was a thread yesterday with the title "What the Giants were missing from this afternoons game" The contents of the thread was a picture of Bill Cowher.

I just shook my head and closed the window. I've done a good job of avoiding BBI recently and I should really just go back to that. My own stupidity for even bothering to visit...

Yep, I saw that one. I closed my browser and left my computer thereafter for a little while.

Only so much stupid one can handle.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Antonio Brown, y'all.

The right tackle is a 7th round rookie center and the right guard is a rookie in his first game after blowing out his knee. DeCastro looked like complete shit yesterday, but the Steelers have no choice at this point.

I'm trying not to think of the the rookie udfa's who were forced to play at corner. Cowgirls just ate them alive.

BigAT

I really don't understand why so many of you guys read BBI. The ratio of insightful, intelligent posting to hysterical garbage just isn't good enough to make it worth my time.

Packers-GAF, what is the general consensus on Mason Crosby? Should GB hold onto him or look for someone else? Its so late in the season, does going with another kicker even make sense at this point? He could end up costing GB a win down the line though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Packers-GAF, what is the general consensus on Mason Crosby? Should GB hold onto him or look for someone else? Its so late in the season, does going with another kicker even make sense at this point? He could end up costing GB a win down the line though.

Mason Crosby has missed at least 1 field goal every game for the past 8 games.

McCarthy was a fucking idiot for not replacing him a month ago. Now it's just beyond insane.

eznark

Banned
And they've won all but one! Mason Crosby is MM's Zubaz

If they can find someone who can do it better, great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom