• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

New TV arrived. Got it mounted and set up, just letting it run some firmware updates and it's good to go.
This one's a 55inch replacing a 42 inch, but shit, it makes the old one look like a baby. Just got to get all the video settings how I like them.

You were pretty insistent it'd be this year. Looked like it for a while there though this year, Ill give you that. Oh well, you'll be right eventually.

When it happens you'll disappear so I gotta take my chances while you're still here.

When you do go, say hi to _madtown for me. Though I guess I can tell him myself now that the Pack are in the playoffs.

Talon

Ever wonder about the rules with TV timeouts?

Thanks to NFL PR guru Dan Masonson, we have an answer. Said Masonson: "There are 21 TV timeouts in each game with five in three quarters and six in the other quarter. Each television timeout is 1:50 and the two-minute warnings in the second and fourth quarters account for two of those 21 TV timeouts."

From SI's best column: Drew Deitsch's media circus

BigAT

Ever wonder about the rules with TV timeouts?

From SI's best column: Drew Deitsch's media circus

There was something on Red Zone yesterday about one of the games (I think it was Dallas/Pitt) being the national game of the week and therefore they had more TV timeouts. I had never heard of that before.

The fact Harbaugh lost a 28 point lead without any luck or freak play makes a fact that he is not a great Coach. (Period)

Rolleyes, but it begs the question - what is the obsession with hanging back with a big lead on defense? It can't just be sportsmanship - did the miracle at the New Meadowlands teach us nothing?

The fact Harbaugh lost a 28 point lead without any luck or freak play makes a fact that he is not a great Coach. (Period)

building a 31-3 lead (and really, without a missed FG, a fumble on the 3 yard line that wasn't actually a fumble but the refs didn't review it/lucky tackle by tom brady) against a team that throttled the "best team in the league houston texans" is impressive in itself. harbaugh/roman/fangio's issue is that they let up on the gas as teams often do. we will get it fixed.

i wouldn't expect you to recognize good coaching though. the lions are a fucking joke from top to bottom. remember when stafford was an elite QB? lololololllllllllll

It seems like people everywhere are trying their hardest to obscure the fact that the niners flat out won yesterday. Sorry to burst your stupid ass dream but we did, no matter how bad it looked.

8 fumbles and SF recovered 7! Every bounce went their way on those

everything? lulz

1. delaine walker fumble was not a fumble at all. take a look at the dallas/pitt game. dallas causes a FF after the pit guy catches it and seems to take a couple steps. overturned, says he didn't make a football move. delaine walker "catches" the ball (its still moving) takes ONE step, and the ball is jarred loose. no review.

2. bullshit PI call on tarrell brown giving the pats the ball at the 5. this wasn't a pass interference. niners get 1 PI call even though there were multiple infractions that went uncalled that were much worse than what tarrell brown did (which was nothing)

3. non-call after non-call on the pats on defense (wilkfork face masks kap in the pocket badly, nothing called), alex boone called for illegal hands to the face on wilfork when his hands didn't get near the facemask, on the late sack by ninkovich he already has kap down and another LB comes in when kap is already down and hits him helmet to helmet. no flag

4. brady puts up 65+ pass attempts..... 1 holding call. aldon smith gets TACKLED multiple times coming off the edge with no call. also on that 3rd string tight ends 40+ yard catch, he moved early, no call.

5. on tedd ginns non-fumble, the refs initially call holding on the kicking team. then they call an illegal touching on the kicking team. then they change the holding to the receiving team. then bellicheck challenges. it is deemed that teddy ginn didn't touch the ball.... so the illegal kicking of the ball or illegal touching should stand and be offset with the holding, re-kick. but for some reason, the illegal touching is wiped out. why? tedd ginn didn't touch the ball. not only that, but they move the ball back 10 yards from where it was touched AFTER the kick! how the fuck?

so no, not every bounce went our way. the better team won, case closed

squicken

Botched snaps have a pretty high recovery rate for the offense I think, but yeah we were pretty fortunate.

Yeah and they actually lost one. But bobbled INTs and fumbles the 49ers just managed to always corral. No one is taking anything away from SF. 31-3 is pretty legit vs NE on the road.

edit: Jesus SF fans acting all sensitive. You guys are the clear SB favorites unless the Rams 1/100000000 playoffs ticket comes in

Bowser

8 fumbles and SF recovered 7! Every bounce went their way on those

In Sunday's game, four of the eight fumbles came on bad exchanges between Colin Kaepernick and 49ers center Jonathan Goodwin. Those plays were extremely meaningful — the 49ers ended one drive with an aborted snap on fourth down and had one basically end with a similar play on third down, with a third fumbled snap ending up in Frank Gore's hands before Gore ran into the end zone — but the 49ers were very likely to recover those loose balls. According to Stuart's research, 75.6 percent of aborted snaps end up sticking with the offense. They recovered two Patriots fumbles on running plays, which end up with the defense 60 percent of the time. A Ted Ginn muffed punt in the fourth quarter also fell safely back to the 49ers, which will happen for the offense 67.4 percent of the time. Finally, the Niners lost the ball inside the 10-yard line when receiver Delanie Walker put the ball on the turf and the Patriots recovered it. The 49ers had a 40 percent shot at that one. Once you put all those chances together, the 49ers would expect to recover 5.3 of the eight fumbles in the game, just about halfway between the number they actually recovered (seven) and the figure that a blind 50-50 expectation would expect them to grab (four). You can obviously picture how the game might have changed if the Ginn muffed punt, to pick one fumble, fell into New England's hands. It doesn't mean that the 49ers were lucky to win, just that they played well and some of the breaks of the game that had to go one way or the other went their way.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...eigning-football-world-plus-rest-week-15-news

oh, and how can we forget brady throwing a tantrum and spiking the ball IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING OFFICIAL and then cursing him out. how was this not an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? oh, that's right, its fucking golden boy tom brady. absolute bullshit.

oh, and how can we forget brady throwing a tantrum and spiking the ball IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING OFFICIAL and then cursing him out. how was this not an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? oh, that's right, its fucking golden boy tom brady. absolute bullshit.
I really don't think there is another QB in the league who could get away with that. Can you imagine seeing that kind of outburst from one of the rookies? They would probably get ejected, haha.

We can discuss games thats not what I'm saying. But comments from Brady like "we gave it to them" are stupid. You lost on the field, don't try and cover that up.
I didn't understand the context of your post so I just assumed you were referring mostly to what squicken said about the fumbles.

I'd say it would be one time a Suh nut shot would be great....but you know, that whole not having nuts thing kills it.

JCizzle

Yeah, that was extremely egregious and 99.9% of the NFL is flagged there, sans Mannings, Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Talon

I actually like that Brady is such a dick on the field.

Favorite story is him yelling at John Lynch when he was with the Broncos to keep pumping up the crowd because he didn't give a fuck.

Yeah, that was extremely egregious and 99.9% of the NFL is flagged there, sans Mannings, Brady, Brees and Rodgers.
I can't even imagine any of those other guys throwing that kind of tantrum.

Brady is the epitome of the ultra-competitive dbag that is all nice and sportsmanlike when he wins but acts like a spoiled child that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas when things don't go his way (be it penalties, winning, or whatever).

I actually like that Brady is such a dick on the field.

Favorite story is him yelling at John Lynch when he was with the Broncos to keep pumping up the crowd because he didn't give a fuck.

No way man i want the players on my team to be respectful and pure. This is a gentleman's game for christ sake!

Also, the use of the word dick is offensive in this instance. Consider revising.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Where is your Elisha god now, Future void?
hestonlaugh.gif

I just came here to post that last night's game is one of the best football games I've seen in a while.

That game, though the first half is one sided, the comeback the Pats did, so intense as it went on until the last few minutes.

Playoff or superbowl like game. I hope these guys meet again and get some similar action going. Great stuff overall by both teams.

The Pats secondary still suck.

squicken

The national media seems to be pushing the notion that all is well about that botched hail mary call since GB still gets a bye. Ignoring the potential for SEA stealing the division from SF and/or pushing a team out of the playoffs.

Of course the officiating has been so bad this year, again, it's clear who the true frauds are

jbug617

Banned
The national media seems to be pushing the notion that all is well about that botched hail mary call since GB still gets a bye. Ignoring the potential for SEA stealing the division from SF and/or pushing a team out of the playoffs.

Of course the officiating has been so bad this year, again, it's clear who the true frauds are

AFC are the frauds. NFC should be Super Bowl favs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom