• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
College fans are at a completely different level. Everyone seems to believe their program can attract the same coaches that Bama, Ohio State, Texas garners.

I can definitely preach for how delusional Arkansas fans are. They legitimately think they are an SEC powerhouse on the same level as LSU/Bama

Even last year when LSU/Bama both laid the wood on Ark

storybook77 said:
:jnc

So good!
I was going to post yesterday that someone needs to make a gif of Joseph Gordon-Levitt yelling at the cop on the bridge of Dark Knight Rises as the text comes up saying "You killed us!"

I wanted to post that in response to Frankman.:D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers-GAF, what is the general consensus on Mason Crosby? Should GB hold onto him or look for someone else? Its so late in the season, does going with another kicker even make sense at this point? He could end up costing GB a win down the line though.

Outside of the occasional trick play, is there really a whole lot for a kicker to learn?

The way I see things, Mason Crosby has exactly one job and he's been terrible at it.

I can definitely preach for how delusional Arkansas fans are. They legitimately think they are an SEC powerhouse on the same level as LSU/Bama

Even last year when LSU/Bama both laid the wood on Ark

Arkansas has shown that they can beat LSU.

Saban's Alabama team is another story...

Packers-GAF, what is the general consensus on Mason Crosby? Should GB hold onto him or look for someone else? Its so late in the season, does going with another kicker even make sense at this point? He could end up costing GB a win down the line though.

It's time to look for someone else. Even this late in the season. Get him in before the next game and give him some game time practice. Shit, against the vikings let him kick every single time we get within range! Once SF beats SEA that game will be meaningless

Vikebikes 52
Packers 15

Hunter S.

Really hoping some magical ending causes the broncos to get the unibrow again in the 2nd round so we can strip him of it in Denver. Ravens vs pats just seems like a perfect wildcard. Pats fans should be happy they get an extra game to watch the team from outside of Boston where they live.

Arkansas has shown that they can beat LSU.

Saban's Alabama team is another story...

Sure, they 'can' beat them in the same way the Bears 'can' beat the packers. They are in the same division so anything can happen in those types of games. But has Ark ever beaten LSU or Bama when it mattered?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really shouldn't have looked at the stats. Holy cow.

Mason Crosby isn't just the worst kicker in the league, he's the worst by a mile.

He's only made 58.6% of his FG attempts. He's 1-8 for 50+ yard attempts this season.

Granted, some of that may be on McCarthy for calling that many 50+ yard attempts because last season Crosby was 2 for 3 on 50+ yards.

And after digging into past seasons, it seems that Crosby was never really that great to begin with. Is Ryan Longwell still available?

Sure, they 'can' beat them in the same way the Bears 'can' beat the packers. They are in the same division so anything can happen in those types of games. But has Ark ever beaten LSU or Bama when it mattered?

2010 we beat LSU and went on to the Sugar Bowl where we lost to the sweater.

Also, you know regular season college games all "matter" unlike the NFL. College is a season long playoff.

Apparently there's a chance the Bears to make the playoffs if they win out. Of course, this will likely mean a humiliating first round defeat in either Green Bay or San Francisco. I can't decide which scenario is worse. I'm pretty sure however it plays out, Lovie is gone. So there's at least that.

harSon

Banned
Steelers Boards have been on the "Fire Tomlin!" wagon since week 3.

I'd be inclined to agree that he's doing an exceptionally shit job if it weren't for the fact that our team had a tendency to play down to its opponents with Cowher as well.

I only blame Haley in so far as he hasn't been able to get Roethlisberger to buy into the offense. The scheme seems fine but if Ben isn't into it then it's doomed.

This season is on injuries and the players, and nothing else. Before Ben's injury, Haley had our offense running efficient as hell with a great time of possession average, ridiculous 3rd down conversion rate and a fairly protective offensive line. Pretty much every loss this season has come at the hands of boneheaded mistakes and mental errors by the players. There haven't been too many games where I found myself pointing to in-game coaching mistakes as the reason for our loss. The only issue I have with coaching, outside of our inability to defeat the bottom scrapers of the league, is our refusal to run the no huddle when it has been clear that our offense is nearly unstoppable when running it. If we allowed Ben to run an offense like Peyton Manning for the last few years, I honestly think we have another Super Bowl.

Our team is really good when its healthy, but like most teams, we lack depth at the 3rd string position. When you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for running backs, offensive linemen, quarterbacks and your secondary, then there's a good chance your team is going to lose games, especially when players make things worst with boneheaded errors.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently there's a chance the Bears to make the playoffs if they win out. Of course, this will likely mean a humiliating first round defeat in either Green Bay or San Francisco. I can't decide which scenario is worse. I'm pretty sure however it plays out, Lovie is gone. So there's at least that.

McDaniels to Chicago hype train about to start.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Urlacher doesn't care about the fans!

Urlacher went on to address that many fans and media are calling for a coaching change.

"Two of the people I don't care about, fans or the media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. It does bother me because those people don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

Come on Brian, you also forgot about your illegitimate children!

2010 we beat LSU and went on to the Sugar Bowl where we lost to the sweater.

Also, you know regular season college games all "matter" unlike the NFL. College is a season long playoff.

I don't really watch college football as you can tell!

Maybe when a real playoff rolls around i will care. Next year is the 4 team playoff or is that 2014?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't really watch college football as you can tell!

Maybe when a real playoff rolls around i will care. Next year is the 4 team playoff or is that 2014?

2014 and it can't come soon enough. Also need to somehow get down to 4 major football conferences and be done with the whole thing. 4 conferences with 4 conference champions playing in that 4 team playoff.

Bowser

You're lucky I'm a cam fan, Bowser.

I so would've made you suffer with the one I had picked out lol

ha, I'm not very creative with avatars, I usually just pick a picture from the game and crop it into avatar size. It was between the Cam stiffarm and a pic of Tolbert dancing in the endzone.

Smokey

I predicted the downfall of the bears after they lost to the texans. Could see it coming. Most fraud team and it was quite evident even when they were 7-1. Just like I can see AP absolutely destroying the texans on Sunday.

I really hope he doesn't break some kind of record lol

Urlacher doesn't care about the fans!

Come on Brian, you also forgot about your illegitimate children!

I pretty much agree with Urlacher. While firing Lovie will be a nice catharsis, Lovie isn' the reason the Bears have been losing. Lovie isn't out there dropping touchdown passes. He's not out there drawing bullshit PI calls that wipe out big plays. He's not out there running wrong routes. He's not drawing holding calls that wipe out momentum and put the offense in the hole. Loving being gone will be only be a symbolic change. Nothing will change until the offense gets sorted out.

2014 and it can't come soon enough. Also need to somehow get down to 4 major football conferences and be done with the whole thing. 4 conferences with 4 conference champions playing in that 4 team playoff.

YES!

I was talking about this the other day! It's like you are in my head. Forget all this ranking nonsense... that would be about as perfect of a system as you'd likely get in college football. I'd starting watching regularly for sure

cdyhybrid

iJ9l9Hyebj0bV.png

We want the ball and we're gonna score!

Narag

ha, I'm not very creative with avatars, I usually just pick a picture from the game and crop it into avatar size. It was between the Cam stiffarm and a pic of Tolbert dancing in the endzone.

Can always give out the one Hito gave you. No mercy!

eznark

Banned
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8753304/lovie-smith-brian-urlacher-chicago-bears-gone-team-misses-playoffs

The systematic destruction of all reasonable hope, dignity and class that Aaron Rodgers has orchestrated against the Bears is truly magnificent.

Chicago Bears who, after starting 7-1, have lost five of six and no longer control their chances of reaching the postseason after losing for the sixth straight time to what used to be their rivals, the Green Bay Packers. When the Packers quarterback says in his postgame news conference, "Great things happen in Chicago," it means the Bears are in serious, serious trouble.

They're in such a nosedive right now, it's even fair to wonder whether the club should spend money to commit to Cutler long-term. Are they going to get him four new linemen in the offseason and build the foundation for a new offense? Will the club commit to, at the very least, a proven offensive coordinator/playcaller, like, say Norv Turner when his run of head coach ends (soon) in San Diego?

When you're on the brink of missing the playoffs (again) and your stud wide receiver leaves the lectern crying after a game, everything is up for evaluation, for second-guessing, for fixing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
YES!

I was talking about this the other day! It's like you are in my head. Forget all this ranking nonsense... that would be about as perfect of a system as you'd likely get in college football. I'd starting watching regularly for sure

We almost got it when the Big 12 nearly fell apart! Big East has been falling apart for ages now. That was going to be my dream scenario with 4 major conferences and Notre Dame and Texas left out in the cold. Now my hopes are relying on the ACC somehow crumbling.

Greg

Lets drop stats then. According to that ESPN guy, who is the least cornball between Wilson, RGIII and Luck?

Luck is the only one without a white girlfriend/wife so I go with him. Luck is the Bill Clinton of quarterbacks.
I laughed at a lot of stuff the past few pages, but :jnc

I'm sure all you Packers fans are loving this:

PCKR 4 LYFE
If only my fellow Packers fans and GM could see the light...

squicken

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8753304/lovie-smith-brian-urlacher-chicago-bears-gone-team-misses-playoffs

The systematic destruction of all reasonable hope, dignity and class that Aaron Rodgers has orchestrated against the Bears is truly magnificent.

They definitely should NOT pay Cutler. Top end QBs are definitely worth $20m/yr. But middle of the road Flacco/Schoob/Cutler types aren't worth $10m.

I have been at professional development all day today so I didnt get to post sooner, but man what a great game last night. It was great seeing the cheats exposed like that. It is also fantastic seeing Harbs vindicated so quickly for dumping small hands. FMT great job on the post game rant.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What if I hand craft a Finley "jersey" out of an old t-shirt and wear it on game day - will you forgive me then?

I don't think I could make anyone wear a Finley jersey.

So I guess that Flacco GIF is going to settle along side Romo laying on his back, Brady on his butt crying, and Sanchez GIF of despair after butt fumble?

Of course! It has so many uses. I'd be shocked if I didn't see it used in the OT even.

squicken

So I guess that Flacco GIF is going to settle along side Romo laying on his back, Brady on his butt crying, and Sanchez GIF of despair after butt fumble?

edit: and rodgers koopa shell. love that one too

Alrite so i was watching SNF on mute last nite on my laptop, while watching a tv show on tv.

If anybody can remember this....there was a punt that was thought to be muffed but the guys fingers on the 49ers never touched it. They had a booth review and then he talked a while after it and then New England challenged the same play somehow and after the review he talked a lot and gave the same call.

So what happened?

Greg should at least should wear a Finley avy the rest of the way.

I knew he wouldn't count the PI :(

This will happen to the Packers too as soon as they have an underwhelming season.

You were pretty insistent it'd be this year. Looked like it for a while there though this year, Ill give you that. Oh well, you'll be right eventually.

If anybody can remember this....there was a punt that was thought to be muffed but the guys fingers on the 49ers never touched it. They had a booth review and then he talked a while after it and then New England challenged the same play somehow and after the review he talked a lot and gave the same call.

The only review was when the Pats challenged because it wasn't called a fumble on the field.

cdyhybrid

Alrite so i was watching SNF on mute last nite on my laptop, while watching a tv show on tv.

So what happened?

Scabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom