• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gooster said:
Torain or Lumpkin touches?
Both will be active if Bradshaw is out. We generally carry 3RB's on gameday. Lumpkin plays specials and already lines up wide on some offensive sets. Both would likely get touches with Wilson starting...

Again, IF Bradshaw is out.

Far more concerned with Prince possibly being out. Coughlin called the hamstring injury "tricky" whatever that means. If he doesn't go, we'll likely see Hosely on the outside.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Saints players are now on tv telling me there wasn't a bounty system. STFU you cheating scumbags. They've been found guilty by three separate entities, and they can officially die in a Katrina for all I care.

MechDX

Winston himself said they didnt approach him and that he would have helped out to stay. He was just as surprised like everyone else at his release.

At this point it is what it is. IMO here is what needs to happen now:
1) Decide on the right side! Stop the rotating of players. If it is Newton and Jones then leave them in there to play
2) Kubiak needs to get over whatever the hate he has for Tate. Tate is the perfect compliment to Foster. He runs aggressively with force while Arian glides and is deceptive.
3) Put Casey at TE! You traded for FB Clutts yet I have only seem him on the field for a handful of plays. Casey when given the chance has shown great flashes of what he can become. Big, strong and great hands.
4) Play and throw to your rookie WR receivers more. You drafted Martin and Posey give them a chance. Jean is also in this mix
5) This one is a dream but: Why not utlize Tate and Foster at the same time? Line one up at fullback and give the defense fits trying to figure out what the hell you're doing.

On Defense there is one glaring issue: we have no pass rush outside of Watt. Wade has always been a gambler playing tons of man coverage. For that to work you MUST have a good rush at all times. Barwin and Reed have vanished on the edge after great seasons/playoffs last year. Barwins vanshing is even more surprising than Reed cause he is in a contract year. The secondary is the ame as last year when they had a great pass defense but they had a very productive pass rush.

All this time typing and I get the last post on the last page...FML

chuckddd said:
So Saints players are now on tv telling me there wasn't a bounty system.
The one I find most funny is Vilma filing a defamation law suite against Lord Goodell. Despite the fact that Tags findings in his 22 page document was that there was sufficient evidence to prove that Vilma indeed DID offer up 10k to bounty hunt Favre.

Bowser

Bored at work so put together a little QB comparison table (stats over past 6 games):

RTBOx.jpg

Some observations:

1. Brady is just a beast...holy balls.
2. #WhoaCam
3. Luck's and Brees' stats are remarkably similar save for comp. %
4. Matt Ryan's played like shit for a while now...plies up yards and completions but is getting careless with the ball

jbug617

Banned
Bored at work so put together a little QB comparison table (stats over past 6 games):

RTBOx.jpg

Some observations:

2. #WhoaCam
4. Matt Ryan's played like shit for a while now...plies up yards and completions but is getting careless with the ball

Didn't 5 of Ryan's interceptions come in 1 game against Arizona?

Bowser

Didn't 5 of Ryan's interceptions come in 1 game against Arizona?

This is true. But for a team that's considered to have a potent offense, Ryan hasn't been leading many TD drives either (at least, through the air).

Rookie LB Luke Kuechly has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after recording a career-high 16 tackles against the #Falcons.

luke-kuechly-panthers-signed.jpg

Striker

Far more concerned with Prince possibly being out. Coughlin called the hamstring injury "tricky" whatever that means. If he doesn't go, we'll likely see Hosely on the outside.
Hosley matched up versus Jones or White is a nasty thought. Prince needs to suit up otherwise the defense will be in trouble.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Only thing I can parse from that list is that surprise surprise, Luck is overrated.
7.31 YPA, high turnovers but still in the positive with more TD's and some good yardage for a first year rookie under Mr. Longball Arians......

The media has a story to push so of course they are going to overrate him but the view of rookie QB expectation/success in the NFL has indeed changed to a level very few can live up to apparently.

SonnyBoy

RGIII is practicing.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN
Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

I don't know to what extent @RGIII will participate in team drills (can't watch that) but I'm shocked by how much he's able to do.#Redskins

Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins

Slo

RTBOx.jpg

Some observations:

2. #WhoaCam

Where's Ponder on that list?

No way man, we are WAY better at losing shitty games like this. I expect the Cards to come back with a bit of fire after the public drubbing they're going to take all week long, and after that loss everybody expects the Lions to go in and win, which of course means they won't. We are fully back in the "Same Old Lions" mode, and that means that we do not win on the road. I'm not even saying this for draft pick hopes (because frankly, I don't give a shit about our draft position, it won't matter so long as this coaching staff is what takes in our talent), I just think it would be just like the Lions to go into the home of a downtrodden team like the Cards and blow yet another game.

A bit of fire? We lost another 8 in a row prior to the SEA game and have taken crap all season after falling from a 4-0 start. We'll have a chip on our shoulder and be good next year, but fire isn't going to cut it when most of your starters are on IR. The Lions will get that fifth victory on Sunday. They freakin better. I'd be furious winning at this point. Not only for the draft pick, but because a 12 game losing streak HAS to get the coaches fired. Whiz will never know what he's doing at QB nor will he ever ensure a proper OL is built. His stubbornness has become a cancer and he needs to go. Grimm needs to go, Graves needs to go, Miller needs to go. Only way this is happening is with a horrible season.

New blood makes me really optimistic because while you guys have seen me state we'd never forsake precious Brown to do the smart thing and get Joeckel, a new coach very well could! I can't imagine anyone else being in love with Levi Brown. I have to contain my excitement until I see who we go with at HC, but here's hoping!

jbug617

Banned
Brady said today he began prepping or the 49ers game after Thanksgiving game. He spent 2 days prepping for 49ers before going to prep for their upcoming game that week.

Brady said today he began prepping or the 49ers game after Thanksgiving game. He spent 2 days prepping for 49ers before going to prep for their upcoming game that week.

His favorite team as a kid, he's probably all kinds of excited to play a semi big game against them.

RTBOx.jpg

Some observations:

2. #WhoaCam
Brady has more rushing TDs in the past 6 games than RGIII.

squicken

Sounds a lot like Steve Smith. His career is going swimmingly these days...(can't get on the field with the Rams who have barely anyone at the WR position). I hope going to the Eagles was worth it, Steve.

You would have cut him. He's done. Gets no separation, even on those choice/option routes. Defenders just stick to him. And when he's schemed open he drops passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom