• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
First mock from Todd McShay:

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore, De, Texas A&M
3. Oakland Raiders - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
5. Carolina Panthers - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
6. Tennessee Titans - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
7. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
8. Arizona Cardinals - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9. San Diego Chargers - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Cleveland Browns - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
11. Buffalo Bills - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
12. Miami Dolphins - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
13. New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
15. New York Jets - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
16. St. Louis Rams - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
18. Minnesota Vikings - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
19. Dallas Cowboys - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
20. St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - Keenan Allen, WR, California
21. Pittsburgh Steelers - Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
22. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
23. Chicago Bears - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
24. Indianapolis Colts - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
25. New York Giants - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
26. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
27. Green Bay Packers - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
28. Denver Broncos - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
29. San Francisco 49ers - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
30. New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
31. Atlanta Falcons - Zack Ertz, TE, Stanford
32. Houston Texans - Tyler Eifer, TE, Notre Dame

Going to the Houston game on Sunday--hope it's a good one. Only been trash-talked by Houston fans once...generally pretty nice to be around.

The Colts O-Line is bad now? Wasn't that always a strength of the Colts?

Not really, at least for the past few years of Manning's stay. He was just really good and made the o-line look better:

1. Indianapolis Colts (1.26)

How do you explain a team with its tackles grading out at a combined -23.3 in pass protection finishing No. 1? Peyton Manning, that’s how. His ability to get rid of the ball before pressure can get to him is second to none, with just 7.52% of all pressure resulting in sacks. Couple that with not needing backs and tight ends to stay in, and you have our top ranked unit for the second year in a row.

Pressure Per Play Rank: 2nd

Sack % of Pressure Rank: 2nd

Average Number of Blockers Per Play Rank: 2nd

Can't find the stat now, but Luck is/was leading/ranked high in downfield attempts. Some of that is bad decisions/slanging, some is Arians, but he's being asked to do a lot more than most other rookie QBs, including RGIII. RGIII's stats blow him away, and if Luck doesn't develop better judgment...PUKE.

Bowser

How timely! An article by Barnwell on the Colts: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45037/is-this-real-the-juggernaut-colts

And once you get past Indianapolis's record, well, the seams begin to show. The 9-4 Colts have been outscored by 37 points this year; their Pythagorean expectation from that point differential is that of a 5.6-win team. Put another way, there are 76 teams from 1990 through 2012 who have produced a point differential between -25 and -50 over their first 13 games, a group with which the Colts are smack dab in the middle. The average record for a team in that group is 5-8, and the Colts are the only team with such a point differential to have as many as nine wins.

jmdajr

Going to the Houston game on Sunday--hope it's a good one. Only been trash-talked by Houston fans once...generally pretty nice to be around.

Not really, at least for the past few years of Manning's stay. He was just really good and made the o-line look better:

Can't find the stat now, but Luck is/was leading/ranked high in downfield attempts. Some of that is bad decisions/slanging, some is Arians, but he's being asked to do a lot more than most other rookie QBs, including RGIII. RGIII's stats blow him away, and if Luck doesn't develop better judgment...PUKE.

Well Luck is from here, shouldn't get too much hate.

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore, De, Texas A&M
3. Oakland Raiders - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
5. Carolina Panthers - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
6. Tennessee Titans - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
7. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
8. Arizona Cardinals - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9. San Diego Chargers - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Cleveland Browns - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
11. Buffalo Bills - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
12. Miami Dolphins - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
13. New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
15. New York Jets - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
16. St. Louis Rams - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
18. Minnesota Vikings - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
19. Dallas Cowboys - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
20. St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - Keenan Allen, WR, California
21. Pittsburgh Steelers - Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
22. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
23. Chicago Bears - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
24. Indianapolis Colts - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
25. New York Giants - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
26. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
27. Green Bay Packers - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
28. Denver Broncos - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
29. San Francisco 49ers - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
30. New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
31. Atlanta Falcons - Zack Ertz, TE, Stanford
32. Houston Texans - Tyler Eifer, TE, Notre Dame

Rather see the Pats go defense

squicken

e

Geno got exposed pretty bad when he had to play the less atrocious Big 12 defenses. Not sure what people are seeing there

edit: God damn Mike Sherman could really recruit. Too bad he was such an awful coach

SonnyBoy

You're severely underrating the work your offensive line does with that zone blocking scheme. The film from both Giants games in particular would and should jump out at you in that regard. The RGIII threat (and fakes) certainly opens things up and you can't discount that factor but a good number of those Morris runs were just downright dominant blocking from your line.

Alfred Morris and your offensive line is the reason you beat the Giants in that second game. They downright dominated the Giants front 7.

I'm not saying that they are garbage. But the scheme is what truely paralyzes defenses. The DE's on any/all defenses have to watch both RGIII and the RB. If you watch the game film, you'll DE's going after Morris but RGIII has the ball. You'll see them staring at RGIII but Morris is already 6 yards up field. It's testament to both the scheme and RGIII's ability to truly sell the fake that allows this to happen. So often you see QB's simply fake the ball in the RB's direction, but RGIII actually puts the ball in the chest of the player and you have to respect it. It looks no different when he keeps or when he actually runs the ball.

It's my opinion that these factors greatly assist the offensive line and takes a lot of pressure off of them. In obvious passing situations (after our heavily penalized team shoots themselves in the foot), when the o-line has to black man to man, they struggle. They struggle because there's no deception, there's no veil of what could happen.

MechDX

Does anyone really, actually believe that the Colts are serious playoff contenders? They're going to be destroyed no matter who they play. It's awesome that they're (most likely) going to make it, but that's all it is.

If the chips fall right, and it is very feasible they do, Houston could wrap up the #1 seed by week 16 against the Vikings at home. Which would make week 17 meaningless @ Indy and royally fuck another team.

Hopefully he works out for KC better than Pat White did for the Dolphins...

I'm actually kind of curious to see how everything shakes out by spring. Draft stock can change so rapidly, especially after the combine. QB's have been in vogue to start the past multiple drafts but the guys this year aren't made of the same stuff.

jmdajr

If the chips fall right, and it is very feasible they do, Houston could wrap up the #1 seed by week 16 against the Vikings at home. Which would make week 17 meaningless @ Indy and royally fuck another team.

Lol. I wanted it wrapped by week 15. Then it would have been like 3 weeks off.
But Monday didn't work out too good. :(

Blueprint to beat Brady is rush 4 and hit him. Your D is already good but why not make it better? Moore is going to be good. Not as good as Von Miller but still very productive vs good SEC teams

We have Odrick who has these moments of amazing stupidity but is overall good and Cam Wake is as good as Von Miller imo but I'm a homer. Only reason his stats aren't the same is our DBs suck and it just doesn't matter when the WRs are always open. When the Pats play us Brady just picks on Nolan Carroll. Whoever is covered by Nolan Carroll that is where Tom Brady is gonna throw. Our nickelback is by far our weakest position. I want another safety / MLB (Dansby is becoming more meh each year) too before we pickup another pass rusher.

Blueprint to beat Brady is rush 4 and hit him. Your D is already good but why not make it better? Moore is going to be good. Not as good as Von Miller but still very productive vs good SEC teams
The offense is holding this team back right now. They just don't score enough points in a game (18.5, 27th in the league). They are 12th in points allowed per game at 21.2.

The defense has issues as well but if it's going to be improved it needs to start with the secondary (particularly CB). But, as far as I can tell a number 1 WR is by far the biggest need for this team.

mr2xxx

Banned
No it is you that sucks!

I just read about that guy today. Apparently would help immensely with the run blocking.

I don't know if guards normally go high but would they be able to trade down and still be able to take him?

Never heard of a guard go that high, guy must be a once in a generation talent.

jmdajr

Kubiak did challenge their manhood in the locker room afterwards. For any other coach its a non-story but for Kubiak its big.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...rady-snubs-them-delivers-championship-lesson/

Well lets hope so. Texans get too complacent after big wins. But yeah, the attitude was all "fun and games" with the jackets and all and it needs to be all business. I'm not saying the team can't have fun, but fuck. Take this shit seriously. You've beaten Brady before, it's not fucking impossible.

SonnyBoy

RGIII said:
Planting and throwing: “Planting and throwing is not a problem. I did some planting and throwing out here all day.”

RGIII said:
Being able to play with his natural instincts if he’s hurt: “I’ve told many people I’ more than a runner, more than an athletic quarterback. I don’t have to prove that to anybody. But one gauge is, will I be able to make instinctive moves without thinking about it. I couldn’t do that in 2009 off the ACL. I could control my movements, but when I had to make a quick decision I couldn’t plant and go…. Can you make that explosive step? I was able to do that today. Hopefully I can do that more and more throughout the week.”

Interesting.

Bread

Banned
are there any good centers coming out this year? i hope the pats get one so our line is set for the rest of bradys career

are there any good centers coming out this year? i hope the pats get one so our line is set for the rest of bradys career

Barrett Jones is pretty good, not first round good, but he's also played well at every other position on the line too, so he would be a good pickup for depth to start off with.

KingGondo

Banned
And just think if they added the interception return yards to Luck's total!
He's just showing off at this point. Let the other team stay in it, then snatch the game away at the last second.

It's fairly amazing Weeden has those numbers considering his receiving corps and that terrible first game he had.

And just think if they added the interception return yards to Luck's total!

ibzVrqc2tqkfS7.gif

MechDX

Listening to radio in Boston for the past 2 days the major criticism they have with Kubiak is that he comes in with 1 game plan and does not adapt till it's too late.

True! And when he does start to adapt you question what the hell is he thinking. There is no doubting the man can build and design an offense but when it comes to executing....

Seanspeed

Banned
Interesting.

Especially cuz of how he throws. Even just in the pocket, he has a tendency to not have his front foot planted completely when he throws it. I think he's actually fortunate in this sort of situation as he's not reliant quite as much on that part of the technique.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's just showing off at this point. Let the other team stay in it, then snatch the game away at the last second.

It's fairly amazing Weeden has those numbers considering his receiving corps and that terrible first game he had.

To be fair though the receivers have been improving as he has over the season. Josh Gordon emerging as a deep threat alone has really helped out everyone.

Greg Little is thriving with Gordon getting most of the attention now.

Bowser

Never heard of a guard go that high, guy must be a once in a generation talent.

There are two very, very good guards in this draft: Warmack from Bama and Cooper from UNC. Warmack is #4 on McShay's Top 32, Cooper #14. I don't know if either guy will go in the top half of the first, but both should be gone by the end of the first. A line-needy team such the Bears is probably praying for one of the two to fall to them in the 20s.

McShay on Warmack:

Analysis: Warmack is a big, strong, nasty lineman with good smarts and athleticism. He shows awareness, is an easy mover in pass protection and has power as a run-blocker. The best guard I've evaluated in the past decade, Warmack is the rare interior lineman worthy of a top-10 overall pick. Previously: 4

Cooper:

Analysis: Cooper's quickness, mobility, explosive power, good feet and balance all jump out on film. He is the best blocker in the class in space, shows awareness in pass protection and plays with an edge. Cooper is making a solid case as an early first-round pick. Previously: 11

mr2xxx

Banned
Especially cuz of how he throws. Even just in the pocket, he has a tendency to not have his front foot planted completely when he throws it. I think he's actually fortunate in this sort of situation as he's not reliant quite as much on that part of the technique.

That's why he was missing some throws this past game, bad technique is bad technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom