• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Well if that's the case then they are at least getting close. CAR fans might want to consider that when throwing out Chud. He's not the one choosing to punt on 4th and 1

I said earlier that I have a sneaking suspicion that if Rivera/Chud manage to go at least 2-1 (preferably 3-0) in these last three games they will be brought back. Rivera's only had 2 seasons as a head man and I think he might finally be starting to get this whole head coaching thing. I just don't know if it's worth gambling another year in the event that it turns out that's he just really not cut out for a head coaching job. We'll see.

Bowser

Ron Rivera is almost as demonstrative as Art Shell on the sideline.

He's definitely heard the stoic critique/meme, he's been more animated lately on the sidelines. He dropped f-bombs on Munnerlyn for being on the field when he wasn't supposed to be vs CHI (getting a 12-man on the field penalty in the process). It was actually pretty funny, he counted to 11, then pointed at Munny and yelled "TWELVE!" and said something like "get your fucking head in the game":

154883847-head-coach-ron-rivera-of-the-carolina-gettyimages.jpg

And of course this gem from last week (even though it wasn't from the sideline):

Falcons-Panthers-Football.J-300x244.jpg

Bowser

I'm still trying to figure out what Greg Hardy does. You know, cuz his team is 4-9, he must not do his job well. I'm glad he's happy w/ a mediocre team!

lol u mad? We should have swept y'all this season. I'll enjoy watching a real team destroy the dirty birds again in the postseason. Smith/Cowardly Ryan 0-4 playoff record incoming.

RkOwnage

lol u mad? We should have swept y'all this season. I'll enjoy watching a real team destroy the dirty birds again in the postseason. Smith/Cowardly Ryan 0-4 playoff record incoming.

LOL, Mad? Not even close. Every team has an upset, even the bottom feeding Panthers.

Giants and Falcons injury reports:

DID NOT PRACTICE: CB Prince Amukamara (hamstring), LB Michael Boley (back), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (knee/foot), WR Hakeem Nicks (knee), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (back), S Kenny Phillips (knee), S Tyler Sash (hamstring).

FULL PRACTICE: C David Baas (shoulder), TE Travis Beckum (knee)

--------------------------------

DID NOT PRACTICE: DT Jonathan Babineaux (Ribs), S William Moore (Hamstring), WR Roddy White (Knee)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE: T Sam Baker (Hand), G Justin Blalock (Elbow), WR Harry Douglas (Ribs), CB Asante Samuel (Shoulder)

There was never any bounty system, though!

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/12/gregg_williams_testified_at_ap.html

Former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said at an appeals hearing in the Saints bounty case that he tried to shut down the team's pay-for-pain system when the NFL began investigating but was overruled by current Saints head coach Joe Vitt, according to transcripts of the session that were obtained by The Associated Press.
According to testimony that was leaked to the AP, Gregg Williams testified that he wanted to stop the Saints' pay-for-performance program but assistant coach Joe Vitt overruled him.

The transcripts say Williams testified that Vitt responded to a suggestion that the Saints abandon the pay-for-pain setup with an obscenity-filled speech about how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell "wasn't going to ... tell us to ... stop doing what won us the Super Bowl. This has been going on in the ... National Football League forever ..."

The follow-up to the "fit the mold" comment is even more incredulous:

When asked if he thought the season was stolen, Brees said: "Many might say that, but I'm not one to make excuses."

EDIT:

Oh and Lord Goodell is looking at the possibility of expanded playoffs:

@RapSheet: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league is looking at expanded playoffs. Interesting...

@RapSheet: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says they committee is looking at 14 or 16 teams in the playoffs.

Half the league? Really? Might as well give them all consolation trophies like children in team sports in schools today. Wouldn't want them to feel bad about losing, afterall.

jakncoke

Banned
The follow-up to the "fit the mold" comment is even more incredulous:

EDIT:

Oh and Lord Goodell is looking at the possibility of expanded playoffs:

Half the league? Really? Might as well give them all consolation trophies like children in team sports in schools today. Wouldn't want them to feel bad about losing, afterall.

How can anyone defend this twat holy shit ruining the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom