• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

ipCiYk84QPt2I.gif
john-abraham-rapes-jake-long-o.gif

Seriously, wasn't kidding.

squicken

That had to be more Martin than Smith, right? He lost his balance or something? That just looks horrible.

It looks like he expects an outside rush and is surprised by the bull rush. Guy on the radio locally has a lot of stuff on line play, and one of the big misnomers on line play is feet and strength. People think linemen need good feet to pass block, and strength to run block. But it's the opposite.

Since they are sitting back and absorbing the blows from a rusher with momentum, in pass protection an offensive linemen must be very strong to stop that momentum and redirect the rusher. In the run game, they need to be quick and get just a little bit of movement on their man to win the battle. Martin just isn't strong enough to be a LT at this point

Talon

It looks like he expects an outside rush and is surprised by the bull rush. Guy on the radio locally has a lot of stuff on line play, and one of the big misnomers on line play is feet and strength. People think linemen need good feet to pass block, and strength to run block. But it's the opposite.

Since they are sitting back and absorbing the blows from a rusher with momentum, in pass protection an offensive linemen must be very strong to stop that momentum and redirect the rusher. In the run game, they need to be quick and get just a little bit of movement on their man to win the battle. Martin just isn't strong enough to be a LT at this point
It's hard to tell without seeing Scott's feet.

Martin just isn't strong enough to be a LT at this point
I thought he played a pretty decent game considering it was his first start at that position and he's just a rookie. He made some mistakes but he was playing against arguably the best front seven in the NFL (and easily one of the best pass rushers). Hopefully he looks better this week against the Jags.

squicken

I thought he played a pretty decent game considering it was his first start at that position and he's just a rookie. He made some mistakes but he was playing against arguably the best front seven in the NFL (and easily one of the best pass rushers). Hopefully he looks better this week against the Jags.

Yeah I'm just going by what I read in the post-game stuff from the game. didn't see much of it, but the talk was that Martin was in over his head. Linemen take awhile to develop. They usually aren't playing in a pro-set in college, and need an NFL nutrition/weight training/HGH regimen to add the right mass

Coughlin was asked about him getting 20 carries today in fact and his response was "Other guys will be in the mix".

Lumpkin will get carries. He'll also be on the field in third down as the coaching staff likes what he brings from a pass protection standpoint. Torrain will also be active more than likely.

Also what's the risk of Wilson getting worn down? He's been riding the pine all season long. He should be newborn fresh. Get his ass on the field however you can.
I guess it's the transition from kickoffs to immediately "Okay, you're running on 1st down". He's never handled that this year and as a guy who isn't afraid of taking a hit (if someone can hit him) I'm a bit worried about it.

Draxal

Most important question about Wilson.

Is he going to Flip?

But yeah, people on gaf are rushing to judgement just as fast as the media is, I just want to grieve now and read up on the facts later.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just because the avatar disappears after a ban doesn't mean a user got permed and just because an avatar is still there after a ban doesn't mean he didn't get permed.

Not sure what he got banned for though (or if its a perm).
It would be nice if it were like that, but sadly it's just a random glitch.

squicken

So who is playing opposite Sherman? Maxwell? How many corners do we have left? Trufant, Maxwell, Lane and Sherman?

SEA hardly has an intimidating pass rush, and with only Sherman at CB, BUF needs to light up that D, or Fitz needs to used in Rors' Knapp cannon

Hawk-GAF, should I bail on SEA D in fantasy? Playoff Division round against a tough opponent, can't afford for them to fail me. Buffalo's O has been anemic, no?

cdyhybrid

Hawk-GAF, should I bail on SEA D in fantasy? Playoff Division round against a tough opponent, can't afford for them to fail me. Buffalo's O has been anemic, no?
What are your other options? I'm cautiously optimistic but it's hard to completely trust them on the road.

What are your other options? I'm cautiously optimistic but it's hard to completely trust them on the road.

I have the Falcons D on my bench, don't remember what's available on the wire, I'll have to check when I get home. Doubt much as it's an active 12 manager league.

jakncoke

Banned
Sometimes living in Ohio in just a complete awe at the lack of intelligence and racism. So my work is pretty racist, today they were talking about the shooting. One guy asked, was the school made of mostly whites or blacks? Then 2 people basically at once said if it was mostly whites then it was a tragic event, if it was blacks its a damn shame the guy didnt shoot some more. Usually i let their racism go but i was like damn you people are fucked in the head.

MechDX

Sometimes living in Ohio in just a complete awe at the lack of intelligence and racism. So my work is pretty racist, today they were talking about the shooting. One guy asked, was the school made of mostly whites or blacks? Then 2 people basically at once said if it was mostly whites then it was a tragic event, if it was blacks its a damn shame the guy didnt shoot some more. Usually i let their racism go but i was like damn you people are fucked in the head.

How did you keep your calm? I would have tore into their ass's!

jesus

Wes

venison crêpe

What the fuck is wrong with some people. There's no excuse for that kind of shit. It really does boggle my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom