• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talon said:
This shit in Connecticut is fucked up beyond all reason.
I'm just dumbfounded. You have to be a special kind of lunatic to murder 14 children. As the father of two little girls, it's difficult for me to reconcile being a man with strong belief in upholding the law and wanting to see these sick fucks tortured and killed...

(Which I suppose is natural but christ I just want to go pick up my daughter in school right now and hug her)

Talon

I'm just dumbfounded. You have to be a special kind of lunatic to murder 14 children. As the father of two little girls, it's difficult for me to reconcile being a man with strong belief in upholding the law and wanting to see these sick fucks tortured and killed...
I'm just imagining being one of the parents of 700 kids at that school, driving to that school while not knowing if your kid was alive or not.

Dear God.

Dammit, I thought the Raiders had 4 wins for some reason. Looks like we won't be drafting quite as early as I'd have hoped. Oh well, still early enough to get one of the guys I want.

MechDX

(Which I suppose is natural but christ I just want to go pick up my daughter in school right now and hug her)

Im with ya 100%!

The Connecticut shooting is really sad.

It frustrates the hell out of me when people use it as a soapbox for their gun views.
Regardless of what you think should be done, shut the fuck up.

People died. Parents lost their kids. Anything else is insensitive and obscene.

I seriously hope there's a special place in hell for these fucks.

The Connecticut shooting is really sad.

It frustrates the hell out of me when people use it as a soapbox for their gun views.
Regardless of what you think should be done, shut the fuck up.

People died. Parents lost their kids. Anything else is insensitive and obscene.

What? Any time there is a drunk driver who kills someone you hear people talk about tougher drunk driving laws. I would think a tragedy like this would be the perfect time to try to start a conversation about guns if you are against the way guns are treated in our society. If I was opposed to exotic pets ownership laws, the best time to bring that up would probably be when some dudes tiger gets free and eats a person.

tmdorsey

Just fucking ridiculous. The shooting has me thinking about my little girls and how I would feel. Don't even want to think about it.

yankeehater said:
I would think a tragedy like this would be the perfect time to try to start a conversation about guns if you are against the way guns are treated in our society.
My last word on this as I don't want to derail this too much - at the moment we know very little about the motivation behind the shootings. How many are dead? Parents have not been reunited with their children and there's a large block of people that don't even know if their kids are alive. Let's save the gun conversation when people are safe with their kids and at home and we can speak intelligently about the reasons this happened. I don't need a politician on a soap box espousing his views on gun laws at the moment.

There's a time and there's a place to have that conversation both nationally and politically is my point. Right now isn't the time.

(it's exactly the reason I haven't bothered going into the thread in off-topic because I'm sure it's devolved into a gun rights conversation)

Rorschach

My last word on this as I don't want to derail this too much - at the moment we know very little about the motivation behind the shootings. How many are dead? Parents have not been reunited with their children and there's a large block of people that don't even know if their kids are alive. Let's save the gun conversation when people are safe with their kids and at home and we can speak intelligently about the reasons this happened.

There's a time and there's a place to have that conversation both nationally and politically is my point. Right now isn't the time.

I would say it's because we don't know about the shooter, his motives, and how he received the guns (although I think that part is out now). I don't think the time frame or waiting for people to be "safe" (whatever that means) with their kids at home has anything to do with it. There's always some excuse to not have this conversation. This person isn't qualified! This isn't the time! This isn't the place! It's too soon! It's been too long! No one wants to actually discuss this in an intelligent matter either. It's all black and white for both sides.

[edit]The thread in OT got split up in to a gun debate thread and the thread about updates on the shootings.

My last word on this as I don't want to derail this too much - at the moment we know very little about the motivation behind the shootings. How many are dead? Parents have not been reunited with their children and there's a large block of people that don't even know if their kids are alive. Let's save the gun conversation when people are safe with their kids and at home and we can speak intelligently about the reasons this happened. I don't need a politician on a soap box espousing his views on gun laws at the moment.

(it's exactly the reason I haven't bothered going into the thread in off-topic because I'm sure it's devolved into a gun rights conversation)

I agree that we need to wait for more details to come out. I just meant in general when something like this is in the public eye is the best time. It is way to early to have any kind of a discussion about that stuff though.

Rorschach said:
No one wants to actually discuss this in an intelligent matter either. It's all black and white for both sides.
Of course. It's a political issue and most people don't have the ability to separate themselves from their ideology. We see it in Washington every day and as citizens we lament their inability to compromise and we generate polls to quantify our disdain. The irony is that we are no better more often than not. We're just as uncompromising and foolish. Yet we expect better of others.

Man, I really hate when stuff like this happens. It always strikes a deep nerve with me because I was a freshmen at VT when the shootings happened there. One of the worst and weirdest days of my life.

I feel horrible for the parents of those kids especially.

Yes, please take it to the appropriate OT threads
Sorry, I'm done now.

On that note:

OwlScoop.com @OwlScoop_com

BREAKING: Temple will offer its head football coaching job to New York Giants assistant offensive line coach Matt Rhule, per a source.

Looks like another Giants assistant may be moving on. Eagles DC Todd Bowles was also up for the job.

Also, William Moore is listed as questionable for the Falcons. He didn't practice again today. No word on whether he'll play or not.

Bowser

Champ Bailey talking about how much better Peyton is compared to Tebow:

“I think because the expectations are there,” Bailey said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “When you have expectations to do things that are great, and then you do it, it feels real. Last year, nobody expected us to do anything. And then we started 1-4; we had a quarterback who had limited throwing ability, unconventional offense, whatever it may be. . . . But now you’ve got a great quarterback that’s done a lot of things in this league. It just feels good.”

I found Lunchbox

An-intense-matchup-with-San-Francisco-awaits-Pats-zealots-USAT.jpg

squicken

Cosell on his podcast with Adam Caplan was talking about how SF may line up Aldon Smith over the guards. Brady delivers the ball so quickly, that giving him a quicker path to the QB is an adjustment SF can do to disrupt that. Had a sack on Tannie doing that vs Incognito

i0aaliZ2VqLN6.gif

Cosell on his podcast with Adam Caplan was talking about how SF may line up Aldon Smith over the guards. Brady delivers the ball so quickly, that giving him a quicker path to the QB is an adjustment SF can do to disrupt that. Had a sack on Tannie doing that vs Incognito

i0aaliZ2VqLN6.gif
Wow, Incognito got destroyed there. I wonder if there's a gif of the other sack Aldon had against Jonathan Martin (rookie RT playing his first game at LT last week in place of Long)? That one was crazy impressive. Those were the only two sacks on the day though, so overall the Dolphins actually did pretty well at keeping Smith in check.

As far as the Pats go, the Dolphins got some pretty good pressure on him around the edge with Wake, so there will probably be some options for Aldon in terms of how they want to use him.

On that note:

Looks like another Giants assistant may be moving on. Eagles DC Todd Bowles was also up for the job.

Also, William Moore is listed as questionable for the Falcons. He didn't practice again today. No word on whether he'll play or not.

I am so glad Bowes didnt get the job, but it sucks that they cant attract any kind of name coach. They were totally on the right path and then the University of Miami fucked it all up.

brentech

What a waste of an interview with David Wilson on ESPN. Just kept asking him about TD backflips and how he said he wot be doing it anymore.

Giants have a problem, they say they're going to give Wilson 20+ carries... and continue to let him do kickoff returns? The Giants starting field position is one of the reasons the offense has been humming, they're at the 35-40 almost every kickoff. Would Coughlin run the risk of Wilson wearing down/getting hurt? At the same time Giants really have no one else as explosive to handle kickoffs (Jernigan LOL, can't risk Hix there, Randle does punts and is MEGALOL).

TheFrankman said:
Giants have a problem, they say they're going to give Wilson 20+ carries... and continue to let him do kickoff returns?
Coughlin was asked about him getting 20 carries today in fact and his response was "Other guys will be in the mix".

Lumpkin will get carries. He'll also be on the field in third down as the coaching staff likes what he brings from a pass protection standpoint. Torrain will also be active more than likely.

Also what's the risk of Wilson getting worn down? He's been riding the pine all season long. He should be newborn fresh. Get his ass on the field however you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom