• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

2013 Free Agents.

QB Derek Anderson
QB Charlie Batch
QB Jason Campbell
QB Chase Daniel
QB Trent Edwards
QB Joe Flacco
QB Bruce Gradkowski
QB Rex Grossman
QB Tarvaris Jackson
QB Byron Leftwich

vedderlax11

Neo Member
The worst in the NFL. Missing 4 starters and just not playing well at all. I saw the Bengals lead the league in sacks. This will mostly likely not end well for the Eagles, but Foles has done a really good job seeing blitzes and getting the ball out quick. The Eagles did give up 6 sacks to the Bucs and their terrible DL last week though.

Good news for us then, as most of our pressure comes from rushing 4. Of course, we like to make all-stars out of rookies, don't be shocked if Foles gives the Eagles false hope.

squicken

What's option#2? Pick up Flacco after his contract expires?

Sell the farm to get an elite QB? Tank and get Lucky?

Look what Pete is doing with Wilson. Find a high upside QB and let him game manage the team as he gets better. Feed him more and more of the offense until he can run it full on

I mean Schoob can't make stick throws with his noodle arm. You don't pay $10m a year for that. Schaub sets your ceiling and these bed shittings is what he does in pressure moments

Edit. Yates has a noodle too. Unless you are Peyton Manning you need a good arm in the NFL. Russ may be small but he can fling it. Schaub cant stress a defense vertically and it kills them vs good Ds

I mean Schoob can't make stick throws with his noodle arm. You don't pay $10m a year for that. Schaub sets your ceiling and these bed shittings is what he does in pressure moments
The ceiling of any QB from UVA, I might add.

Which reminds me, Schaub was drafted by the Falcons who also drafted Vick (VT) and Matt Ryan (BC). What's with the Falcons and underachieving ACC QB's?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fucking lol at Texans fans who would rather have Yates than Schaub. Really? I mean what the fuck?

It's like last year never happened. Or this year before last night.

Talon

Look what Pete is doing with Wilson. Find a high upside QB and let him game manage the team as he gets better. Feed him more and more of the offense until he can run it full on

I have bad news for you, the motivations of fans and coaches/GMs are only aligned to a point. No GM is going to risk his hide by dropping off an adequate QB that will give you winning seasons to maybe, hopefully get lucky with a longshot player.

The difference is a good 4-7 years of employment with a winning franchise, perhaps significantly longer or getting fired in 2 years after your shitty fourth round quarterback gets his ass whooped.

It's easy for us fans to say, "Championship or bust!" when our jobs aren't on the line.

Smokey

Heard on 610 this morning... Schaubs five worst games are the 5 primetime games the texans have played this season. All had a qb rating less than 80. He has thrown 8/10 of his picks in these 5 nationally televised games.

Such shit and a nut up.

QB is like 15-2 in his last games and people don't want him anymore? It could be worse. Step away from the ledge.

Last time I checked playoffs are primetime pressure type games.

I don't ever see schaub doing something like Yates did last year on that final drive against the bengals. Do you not see an issue when I am talking about our, at the time, third string qb?

2013 Free Agents.

QB Derek Anderson
QB Charlie Batch
QB Jason Campbell
QB Chase Daniel
QB Trent Edwards
QB Joe Flacco
QB Bruce Gradkowski
QB Rex Grossman
QB Tarvaris Jackson
QB Byron Leftwich

You can add Vick to that list. He has a much better arm then Schaub but he is also getting hurt all the time. Texans OL is a lot better then the Eagles so maybe he would be an improvement. Texans seem like a team built to run it and then play action and go deep, but their QB just cant get the ball deep. I think his arm really hampers a lot of what they could do on offense.

Good news for us then, as most of our pressure comes from rushing 4. Of course, we like to make all-stars out of rookies, don't be shocked if Foles gives the Eagles false hope.

TB tried to blitz a lot and Foles really made them pay. If the Bengals are smart they will just rush 4 and wait for Foles to force passes into coverage like he loves to do. I have a feeling this is going to be a really easy win for the Bengals.

jmdajr

Last time I checked playoff games are primetime pressure type games.

I don't ever see schaub doing something like Yates did last year on that final drive against the bengals. Do you not see an issue when I am talking about our, at the time, third string qb?

So what do you think? More CBs and WRs this off season?

squicken

I have bad news for you, the motivations of fans and coaches/GMs are only aligned to a point. No GM is going to risk his hide by dropping off an adequate QB that will give you winning seasons to maybe, hopefully get lucky with a longshot player.

The difference is a good 4-7 years of employment with a winning franchise, perhaps significantly longer or getting fired in 2 years after your shitty fourth round quarterback gets his ass whooped.

It's easy for us fans to say, "Championship or bust!" when our jobs aren't on the line.

How much goodwill will be left if ATL doesn't make some noise in the playoffs? Will they be happy with Ryan's extension?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If they would've beat Baltimore last year in the playoffs I am convinced Schaubs job would've been in trouble.

Last time I checked playoffs are primetime pressure type games.

Did you even watch the Ravens game last year?

Because the reason they lost was due to Yates being the shit quarterback that he is. I really can't believe theres a single Texans fan who really thinks Yates is a better option than Schaub.

Talon

The ceiling of any QB from UVA, I might add.

Which reminds me, Schaub was drafted by the Falcons who also drafted Vick (VT) and Matt Ryan (BC). What's with the Falcons and underachieving ACC QB's?
What about those guys underachieved? They all did pretty well considering the complete lack of talent around them.

Wali Lundy was the best skill player on those UVA teams, not that there were any expectations on UVA.

That VT team that made it the MNC was terrible - got completely humiliated in that game outside of Vick running for his life. Remember Andre Davis (Madden '04 Legend) and Lee (Fumble) Suggs?

Matt Ryan's best receiver was some tailback named Callendar they'd split out wide over half the time. It's hilarious that they managed to be in the BCS conversation. The main thing I remember is that absurd sideline throw Matt made against Georgia Tech when he got nailed in the face.

jmdajr

Did you even watch the Ravens game last year?

Because the reason they lost was due to Yates being the shit quarterback that he is. I really can't believe theres a single Texans fan who really thinks Yates is a better option than Schaub.

Yates would have played more conservative if that idiot Jacoby hadn't given up a TD.
We had the lead!

jmdajr

lol

If you don’t score 42 points, you can’t beat the Texans, who remain unbeaten when holding teams to 41 points or less. Hey, I’m looking for a positive here.

What about those guys underachieved? They all did pretty well considering the complete lack of talent around them.

Wali Lundy was the best skill player on those UVA teams, not that there were any expectations on UVA.

That VT team that made it the MNC was terrible - got completely humiliated in that game outside of Vick running for his life. Remember Andre Davis (Madden '04 Legend) and Lee (Fumble) Suggs?

Matt Ryan's best receiver was some tailback named Callendar they'd split out wide over half the time. It's hilarious that they managed to be in the BCS conversation. The main thing I remember is that absurd sideline throw Matt made against Georgia Tech when he got nailed in the face.
Sorry, I meant underachieving once they made it to the NFL (although even that might be arguable depending on your definition of underachieving).

I'm a VT grad myself so I've got nothing against Vick. Not too fond of the other two, though. ;)

That BC comeback win over VT a few years back was one of the worst nights of my life. Cold, wet, ready to rush the field with a few minutes left, and eventually completely devastated.

Slo

So is Jeff Fischer really the defensive guru that people think he is? I mean, it's no secret what the Viking's offensive strategy is going to be...

Narag

lol

If you don’t score 42 points, you can’t beat the Texans, who remain unbeaten when holding teams to 41 points or less. Hey, I’m looking for a positive here.

Texans unbeaten in games not played against teams that start with P.

Talon

How much goodwill will be left if ATL doesn't make some noise in the playoffs? Will they be happy with Ryan's extension?
He's the most winning QB in franchise history. There's no fucking way they let him walk. You realize how hilariously downtrodden this franchise is, right? It took us until three seasons ago to have consecutive winning seasons. We've never been to the playoffs in three out of four seasons (and don't fucking remind me that we've lost to the eventual NFC Champs all three times).

Squicken, you're older than most of us in this thread. You of all people should know that it's fucking rare to win a SB - think of all that greats that never managed to get there.

Yeah, I have faith in the kid. I watch him every week, and he works his tail off, never gets down, and he's at his best late in games - even after the shit hits the fan. After watching clowns like George, Christopher Chandelier, Mike Vick, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner that one season, Joey Harrington take the field and completely tune out, it's refreshing as hell to see.

I like to think that y'all know that I'm a pretty realistic fan, and, frankly, I see more flaws on the right side of the offensive line than I do in our QB. Interior pressure ruins every quarterback, and we've struggled to block the A and B gaps on the right side for the past five weeks now. I thought Konz would be an improvement over Reynolds, but he's a beat too slow laterally against the stunt. That is what concerns me right now, especially with the Giants coming to town. I expect us to counter with more screen plays.

Now, wallow in the irony of me pasting the OP with exclusively QBs in ESPN's favored style.
Sorry, I meant underachieving once they made it to the NFL (although even that might be arguable depending on your definition of underachieving).

I'm a VT grad myself so I've got nothing against Vick. Not too fond of the other two, though. ;)

That BC comeback win over VT a few years back was one of the worst nights of my life. Cold, wet, ready to rush the field with a few minutes left, and eventually completely devastated.
Don't think you can really say that either outside of Vick. Schaub was a third round pick, and he was considered a developmental prospect at best with his arm strength and lack of mobility. Matt Ryan's only in his fifth season, and he's won a ton of games.

I mean if you're only criteria is winning Superbowls, then everybody sucks outside of Eli, Tom, The Rapist/Messiah, and AGod, which is fine.

I hold not one scintilla of hope for the Ravens chances this Sunday. We've never beaten Peyton Manning, even when we were good, and with Flacco going into full on "Road Mode" even at home, we're not going to start now.

So for this week, I'm going to let my hate fuel me and temporarily squicken over to a new team. LETS GO PATS!!!! I love my handsome Tommy, the lord and savior of New England, and the Sublime Genius Bill, and can not wait to watch them pick apart the overrated Niners D. Tom will dance in the pocket and make Aldon Smith look foolish. Crazy Harbaugh will spit and curse as he is outcoached by a better man. Kap will fold under the pressure, and Alex will smile.

I hold not one scintilla of hope for the Ravens chances this Sunday. We've never beaten Peyton Manning, even when we were good, and with Flacco going into full on "Road Mode" even at home, we're not going to start now.

So for this week, I'm going to let my hate fuel me and temporarily squicken over to a new team. LETS GO PATS!!!! I love my handsome Tommy, the lord and savior of New England, and the Sublime Genius Bill, and can not wait to watch them pick apart the overrated Niners D. Tom will dance in the pocket and make Aldon Smith look foolish. Crazy Harbaugh will spit and curse as he is outcoached by a better man. Kap will fold under the pressure, and Alex will smile.

NOOOOO! GO AWAY! GO AAAAWWWAAAAAAYYYY! DON'T BRING YOUR 'LUCK' WITH YOU!

Don't think you can really say that either outside of Vick. Schaub was a third round pick, and he was considered a developmental prospect at best with his arm strength and lack of mobility. Matt Ryan's only in his fifth season, and he's won a ton of games.

I mean if you're only criteria is winning Superbowls, then everybody sucks outside of Eli, Tom, The Rapist/Messiah, and AGod, which is fine.
You're right, I guess Schaub and Ryan have worked out at least as well as expected. You'd think I'd be familiar with the philosophy of downplaying the importance of SB wins, being a Dolphins fan and all. Poor Dan Marino. :(

I have been taken in by Handsome Tom's charisma, who can resist? Plus, that camera thing, I never thought it was a big deal.

Also, I hate the Niners so much.

Me either. What can Kap do against Ty and Troy? Nothing.

Temu-Fuck-ANI-2.gif

Season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom