• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So it's looking like it's going to be Lombardi and either Saban or McDaniels. Chip Kelly is likely going to the Eagles.

Fuck everything.

I'm just going to be grumpy about it now then accept it once it's official and give them the benefit of the doubt.

jbug617

Banned
So it's looking like it's going to be Lombardi and either Saban or McDaniels. Chip Kelly is likely going to the Eagles.

Fuck everything.

it's looking like McDaniels is probably going to be very selective. Breer said that it's going to take a good job to get McDaniels to leave NE.

squicken

Okay, so here's something interesting. If the Colts win against the Texans (and presumably Pats and Broncos win their easy games), the Colts and Texans would then play again the next week. That would be the third time they play each other in four weeks. Crazy.

I think the Colts will rest lots of people. They are locked into the #5

Also I'm optimistic to anything Browns fans, calm down. I've been to 3 home openers each one a different starting Qb in the last 3 years

exarkun

Just got back from the stadium and afterstuff...

We sucked diiiiiick. Kubiak playing like already locked down the first seed and home field. Smh.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I mean it's a good chance Weeden is our Qb next year, but it's as eqaul that a veteran will be. All I'm saying is I believe non of the above is our long term future, sorry Gondo

Barring a serious injury or a Peyton Manning type QB suddenly becoming available Brandon Weeden will be the starter next season.

BOOK IT!

LJ11

Love the Shanahan post game speech. A few weeks ago they were playing for next season, words of a quitter, now he's talking about winning a division. Would love to play for him!

Godslay

Banned
I mean it's a good chance Weeden is our Qb next year, but it's as eqaul that a veteran will be. All I'm saying is I believe non of the above is our long term future, sorry Gondo

Weeden looked fine out there today. He's a rookie, given some time and a new staff, he might be worth a damn. Patience. Bringing in someone like Vick is a step back.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think I found DX.

original.gif

JCizzle

Love the Shanahan post game speech. A few weeks ago they were playing for next season, words of a quitter, now he's talking about winning a division. Would love to play for him!

I mean, the team has played pretty fucking good since he put jobs on the line. Haslett included

Barring a serious injury or a Peyton Manning type QB suddenly becoming available Brandon Weeden will be the starter next season.

BOOK IT!

Weeden looked fine out there today. He's a rookie, given some time and a new staff, he might be worth a damn. Patience. Bringing in someone like Vick is a step back.
Interesting that you believe this. I'm not against Weeden being our Qb next year, but I just like to look at the realalistic option.

cajunator

Banned
Now for a really fun game on Sunday night. HOpefully it will be turnover city and batshit crazy. Love rain games for that (as long as we arent playing)

Just got back from the gym and wanted to praise our lord and saviour, Joe Flacco. Thank you sweet prince! Now it's time to get ready and whoop dat Redskin ass next week.

LJ11

Ænima;45715770 said:
He's no Chan Gailey.

Right, though Chan somehow manged to blow his team out last year and all Shanahan did was cry about injuries even though the Bills had their share. Chan's a fucking bad head coach, news at 11.

omw back home. Shit loss, good experience and the wife is giving me plenty of shit. Fun time depsite the loss. I'll have more later when I finally arrive.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Interesting that you believe this. I'm not against Weeden being our Qb next year, but I just like to look at the realalistic option.

I am looking at it realistically though. The two options you mentioned (Vick and Alex) won't be coming to Cleveland.

We are in agreement there isn't a real upgrade in QB in the draft, which leaves us with a veteran coming here just as a backup.

So, ESPN is reporting that Tebow was so mad at being passed up by the 3rd string that he told them flat out NOT to use him in any Wildcat plays this week. I don't think I can type enough lol's. Passing up the 2nd stringer is how he got the job in Denver and that was only because Fox caved to fan wanking. At least he still believes in himself XD

Ænima

Right, though Chan somehow manged to blow his team out last year and all Shanahan did was cry about injuries even though the Bills had their share. Chan's a fucking bad head coach, news at 11.
I would rather have a good head coach who is a whiner than a someone who takes losing well like Chan Gailey. I mean look at Jim Harbaugh. Dude is the whiniest bitch ever but a badass coach.

So, ESPN is reporting that Tebow was so mad at being passed up by the 3rd string that he told them flat out NOT to use him in any Wildcat plays this week. I don't think I can type enough lol's. Passing up the 2nd stringer is how he got the job in Denver and that was only because Fox caved to fan wanking. At least he still believes in himself XD

Jets screwed him. He could've went to JAX last season if he wanted but chose the Jets. Absolutely ridiculous that he didn't start a game this season with the way the Sanchize played.

Talon

FYI, I am out and about so someone else will have to post the thread if they want it up tonight. If y'all want to wait until tomorrow, I can handle it.

TL;DR time for Cuevas.

Godslay

Banned
I am looking at it realistically though. The two options you mentioned (Vick and Alex) won't be coming to Cleveland.

We are in agreement there isn't a real upgrade in QB in the draft, which leaves us with a veteran coming here just as a backup.

It's the right move imo. Weeden is cheap, play him for another year and see how he does under the new org.

If he's good, hang on to him and draft elsewhere. If he's bad the draft might be better for QBs or the FA market might be better.

Hmm well see what happens, but Weedens contract is fully guaranteed. Well revisit this convo

beast786

Former Lions offensive tackle and current ESPN analyst Lomas Brown made a startling confession in a radio interview on Friday: Brown said that he once purposely missed a block because he wanted the man he was supposed to block, Packers defensive end Sean Jones, to injure Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell.

In an interview on ESPN Radio, Brown said that in a 1994 game, he purposely whiffed on Jones so that Jones could get a clean shot on Mitchell. Sure enough, Brown got his intended result, as Mitchell was knocked out of the game.

“We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee,” Brown said. “We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He’s throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.’ I said, ‘I’m getting him out the game.’ . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game.”

Host Ryen Russillo expressed shock that Brown would admit such a thing, but Brown showed no remorse.

“As you can tell, I’m just not a big fan of Scott Mitchell. He’s just not on my Christmas list. He won’t be getting any Christmas presents from me this year,” Brown said.
The Detroit Free Press notes that while Brown misremembered some of the details of the game, his basic description of what happened adds up: Jones drilled Mitchell with a hit that broke a finger on Mitchell’s passing hand, and Mitchell was replaced by Krieg. As Brown correctly recalled, Mitchell was having a terrible game, but Krieg played well in relief for the rest of that game and played well for the Lions the rest of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ly-missed-a-block-to-get-scott-mitchell-hurt/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Wow I think Tebow is a decent guy outside the field but thats a douche move by a guy whos "willing to play anywhere to help the team."

If he keeps insisting on being a QB he'll be out of the league by the start of the 2014 season.

Nakazato

Like wtf was that ravens off and fucking oline play on great de's and gave up a garbage time sack. Is this real life. In the last 4 years ive never seen shorter passes the middle of the field being used slants. And jim gave the ball to ray rice and bp30. I hope and pray this is the real ravens off. Cause i could get use to that and the d stepped up Brown beasted #32 not going to try to type his name was all over eli. Like im speechless if we are getting hot we are doing it at the right time. That team today looked like a playoff team and a superbowl contender.

Flacco ur still a bitch but damn lets do this sb or bust earn your contract.

Top Bottom