• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Doomsayer

I literally stopped reading the rest of the post here. Don't you dare act like losing in an NFL game by 9 points is any sort of an accomplishment or acceptable result. It's a loss, and one that San Fran held the lead for through the vast majority of the game. We got clowned on national television, like we have in every national game of the past two years except for last year's Chicago game (which, even then, I never felt great about, the way that game played out). And, likely, just like we're about to get clowned on national television again this weekend against a Falcons team that--I don't give a damn if you think they're 'dirty' or not--is frankly better than ours.

Didn't the Lions score a TD with like 8 seconds left in the game?

That game wasn't even close.

Slo

Kastroti went full...well, you fill in the blank.

17806080065.gif

Rorschach

wasn't balling on the 4th and 2 that decided the game. maybe if he wasn't 4 feet tall he could've actually made the catch

That's on Tammy. Woodhead is a fighter! He was dragging your boys with his 4 foot frame. Only reason they made that comeback was on the back of Woodhead. Benching Ridley was the best thing they could have done.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Jesus Christ writing 10 pages on fucking poetry is like having Sanchez fumble 4 times and lose a fumble to close out the game and then remembering he's under contract for next year. Fuck Finals Week. Fuck Sanchez.

That's on Tammy. Woodhead is a fighter! He was dragging your boys with his 4 foot frame. Only reason they made that comeback was on the back of Woodhead. Benching Ridley was the best thing they could have done.

woodhead wasn't dragging anything. went down at the drop of a hat. our D players were to tall! you could see the pats in general were very weary of our head hunting LB's and safeties. like i said yesterday, niners set the tone early and often on what was going to happen if we got shots on them, and we came through on most of those shots

Rorschach

woodhead wasn't dragging anything. went down at the drop of a hat. our D players were to tall! you could see the pats in general were very weary of our head hunting LB's and safeties. like i said yesterday, niners set the tone early and often on what was going to happen if we got shots on them, and we came through on most of those shots

On that TD he dragged two of your little boys with him. He's a real man.

[edit] Oh he shed one then dragged one into the end zone. How do you let a 3 foot guy "stretch" it in? smh

Bowser

Did anyone listen to Simmons' BS Report today? He had Lombardi on...good god why does this guy keep getting mentioned for FO jobs? If he truly believes the things he's saying on that podcast, I feel bad for Browns fans. He's really just an idiot. At some points even Simmons is like "you don't really believe that, do you?"

eznark

Banned
Did anyone listen to Simmons' BS Report today? He had Lombardi on...good god why does this guy keep getting mentioned for FO jobs? If he truly believes the things he's saying on that podcast, I feel bad for Browns fans. He's really just an idiot. At some points even Simmons is like "you don't really believe that, do you?"

Same reason people listen to Simmons and root for the Browns/Panthers I imagine. Lots of people hate themselves.

On that TD he dragged two of your little boys with him. He's a real man.

what, where he peeled off the tackle? lulz, he was already in the endzone and we didn't want to get a penalty by fucking him up. and now we're at the bitter tears part of the game. mmmmmm mmmm mmm little danny thought his TD meant something!

Rorschach

what, where he peeled off the tackle? lulz, he was already in the endzone and we didn't want to get a penalty by fucking him up. and now we're at the bitter tears part of the game. mmmmmm mmmm mmm little danny thought his TD meant something!

If he was in all game, he would have won it 67-14. No question.

And he wasn't in when he was contacted. Y'all just play tiny.

squicken

he's like Gruden. Always politicking and making sure not to offend places he could land

mr2xxx

Banned

He is, only the fans of the other AFC North teams will be happy if he gets hired.

Bowser

he's like Gruden. Always politicking and making sure not to offend places he could land

He would never, ever, EVERRRRR in a million years be hired by Pittsburgh, but the shit he was saying about how they're still a legit SB team...wow. It was funny when Simmons basically laid the smackdown on him with facts and then he tried to backtrack a bit saying "maybe it's because I just believe so much in Ben." You should listen to it.

He would never, ever, EVERRRRR in a million years be hired by Pittsburgh, but the shit he was saying about how they're still a legit SB team...wow. It was funny when Simmons basically laid the smackdown on him with facts and then he tried to backtrack a bit saying "maybe it's because I just believe so much in Ben." You should listen to it.
The fact that Lombardi is the genesis of the HoFinley joke says all you need to know about his player evaluation ability.

squicken

I just finished the lines podcast. Probably get to the Lombardi one later. I'd hate for him to get a job. He's good radio/TV and is entertaining. Fun to listen to even if he is way off

Talon

The most Kastrioti thing was him calling the Falcons dirty.

That's right, Suh's greatest defender calling another team dirty. This just a year after Suh stepped on Matt's ankle - leading to the rest of the defensive line pointing and laughing at him when he was clearly injured.

That's the sort of talk that a division II college head coach brings to their students as they head in for their yearly drubbing against a D1 powerhouse team. If ever a coach came into Detroit and that was their mentality, I would call for their weak-minded ass to be fired immediately. We can lose every game in Lambeau for all I care if it means we legitimately play for championships.

That's worked well so far.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Until history changes, I'd still wager it'll either be Green Bay or Atlanta in the Super Bowl based on quarterbacks. I'm tempted to say Green Bay but I'm never that confident though I don't trust Matt Ryan in the playoffs.

Denver is the obvious pick for me for the AFC.

Doomsayer

Until history changes, I'd still wager it'll either be Green Bay or Atlanta in the Super Bowl based on quarterbacks. I'm tempted to say Green Bay but I'm never that confident though I don't trust Matt Ryan in the playoffs.

Matt Ryan? Elite?

oh lawd

Eli wasn't considered "elite" until he won it all.

Everyone is eligible! (except the teams with 13+ regular season wins)

Matt Ryan? Elite?

oh lawd

If he gets to stay in the dome for the playoffs and he doesn't have to play Aaron Rodgers on a fast track again(and even if he does the Packers aren't what they were in 2010), he'll have a chance.

If he has to go to Candlestick, or worse Lambeau in January, then he has no chance.

Doomsayer

If he gets to stay in the dome for the playoffs and he doesn't have to play Aaron Rodgers on a fast track again(and even if he does the Packers aren't what they were in 2010), he'll have a chance.

If he has to go to Candlestick, or worse Lambeau in January, then he has no chance.

Didn't they already lock up the #1 seed? Either way I don't see them losing again.

tbh I feel much better about the Packers' chances in a hypothetical Atlanta game than I do about one in GB. Thankfully Atlanta is basically a lock for HFA at this point.

Until we prove we can run the ball against good teams, we can't run the ball.

Top Bottom