• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

squicken

What's with NFCN players not paying child support?

Center Dominic Raiola hasn’t been having much fun on the field this season and he’s got some off-field difficulties to deal with as well.

A motion filed in Macomb County Circuit Court alleges Raiola is two months behind on paying child support. The motion claims Raiola did not pay the mother of his five-year-old son the $14,526 he owes every month in either November or December.

The Detroit News reports that Raiola had a son out of wedlock with a woman named Andrea Yee in February 2007, a few months before Raiola’s wife had the couple’s third child. Raiola is listed as the child’s father on the birth certificate and, according to court records, he acknowledged he was the boy’s father in an “affadavit of parentage.” The monthly payments were part of a larger support agreement that Raiola and Yee reached shortly after the child was born.

Raiola did not respond to the newspaper’s request for a comment while Yee’s attorney and the Lions declined the opportunity to comment about the case.

That's a hefty child support payment

Who even wrote that? Tebows awful.

You and your ilk are awful

Briggs said on CSN Chicago that Bears fans let their passion turn negative when the team is losing, and he agrees with Urlacher that the fans in Chicago are too quick to turn on their team.

“I understand where he’s coming from,” Briggs said. “I’ve been here for a long time, too and I’ve seen a lot of boos. For a lot of the wrong reasons. Nobody, on any team that I’ve ever been on, gets booed more at home than here in Chicago. That’s also a point to the passion of the Chicago fans.”

Briggs also urged Bears fans to trust the team to do their jobs.

“Everyone is passionate, but everyone in Chicago doesn’t know how to run a football team. Everyone doesn’t know how to play professional football. It’s our job to do that,” Briggs said.

Two great starts followed by two collapses, both with the Bears going on a 1-5 stretch. The fans are right to complain.
The collapse began and ended in Houston; we've collapsed, no further can we fall. All we can do is field the shambles of the remaining team and hope not to be embarassed. But we've been embarassed for 3 straight weeks now.

You can still lose the North, to 2 teams. Plenty farther to fall.

SonnyBoy

Ravens have been lucky all season. It's finally coming back to haunt them.

2 more games and the collapse is complete!

They've been lucky longer than that. They haven't been truly bitten by the injury bug in years past. They'd lose a person here, a person there but nothing catastrophic. It seems like the injury bug is making up for missed time and the local fanbase doesn't understand it. All hope has been lost at my job and I love it. lol

The collapse began and ended in Houston; we've collapsed, no further can we fall. All we can do is field the shambles of the remaining team and hope not to be embarassed. But we've been embarassed for 3 straight weeks now.

There's always further... Trust me, I know. lol. However, your FO and a solid ownership won't allow it. The Ravens will be bounce back.

I didn't see you comment on it but where's your pats avatar you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Giants prepractice injury report:

Justin Tuck (shoulder) - Status Unknown (Flozell Adams can rot in hell)
Hakeem Nicks (knee) - Will Not Practice
Chris Snee (hip) - Will Not Practice
Chris Canty (neck) - Will Practice
Prince Amukamara (hamstring) - Will "test his hamstring" today. Very light practice
David Baas (hip/shoulder) ) - Will Not Practice
Kenny Phillips (knee) - Will Practice
Tyler Sash (ankle) - Status Unknown
Ahmad Bradshaw (knee) - Will Not Practice

OriginofHysteria said:
I know I'd be sick when I can't put up a point against the Falcons.
A Jets fan talking trash? :jnc Ok.

I trust your evaluation of the issue though seeing as you root for a team who's shining offensive moment of the season was your QB running into his linemans ass.

What's with NFCN players not paying child support?

That's a hefty child support payment

You and your ilk are awful

God damn how can a judge award someone $14k per month? That is a fucking joke. I don't care how much someone earns it shouldn't be a sliding scale. A kid doesn't need $14k per month

God damn how can a judge award someone $14k per month? That is a fucking joke. I don't care how much someone earns it shouldn't be a sliding scale. A kid doesn't need $14k per month

That's dumb, wealthy people have bills to pay too. Of course their workmans comp should be more if their paycheck is more. What part about that doesn't make sense? Now getting workman's comp while injuring yourself having sex on the job is ridiculous.

Child support should be a set amount per month with an escalator for income. That additional funding should be placed in a blind trust that can't be touched by the fucking mom under any circumstances.

This I can get behind.

SonnyBoy

Not a Morgan fan personally. Want him replaced but I see what you're saying and agree with a lot of it.

I do like Robinson in the slot but I think Moss has been too sure-handed in the passing game to drop.

- What did Morgan do to rub you the wrong way?

- With an improved offensive line, I wouldn't be shocked to see more receivers on the field at a time. Especially as/if they transition to a more drop back offense. I think people are foolish to think that this is only trick that they have. LOL

A Jets fan talking trash? :jnc Ok.

I trust your evaluation of the issue though seeing as you root for a team who's shining offensive moment of the season was your QB running into his linemans ass.

That moment was secretly a blessing in disguise as it began the downfall and eventual departure of Mark Sanchez.

I noticed this year too that Sanchez does no toyota commercials anymore

eznark

Banned

Child support should be a set amount per month with an escalator for income. That additional funding should be placed in a blind trust that can't be touched by the fucking mom under any circumstances.

squicken

But if Manning had not signed on the dotted line for the Broncos and changed the course of the franchise, Weeden likely would have been the Broncos' pick as a developmental quarterback.

The Broncos liked Weeden's NFL-ready game. They like his maturity; he was, after a stint in minor league baseball before he arrived at Oklahoma State, 28 years old before the draft. And they liked his ability to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

Elway particularly liked the fact Weeden already understood what it took to be a professional athlete and thought that would serve Weeden well in the inevitable struggles that come on the job.

Read more: Broncos to get look at their "almost" quarterback in Brandon Weeden - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/c...heir-almost-quarterback-brandon#ixzz2FW3IJTKf
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

what could have been for the donks

tumblr_lqusfh9rBo1qc8l0f.gif

Chili

Man we pay Josh Morgan that much. Hopefully we can just cut him loose and pick up Jennings, but otherwise we're screwed cap wise because we "abused the system" during the lockout. We've got to pay Fred Davis also, so it probably won't happen.

I could see the Panthers overpaying for his services.

Who are the defensive free agents next year?

I don't see the Redskins making a move for Jennings. He is going to be 30 a few weeks into the 2013 season and under Allen/Shanahan I think that would be too old. Cerato/Snyder would have made that move, but not now. I also think it would be foolish to cut Morgan loose for Jennings, especially with what Morgan brings with his blocking. He has shown really good potential, but I think there is a concern if Garcon goes down I don't see him as our temporary number one. I'm hoping we can get a bargain with bringing Fred back. The injury coupled with suspension last year might reduce his free agency value. Logan Paulsen is not a number one TE, and Niles Paul sure as hell isn't either. Finley maybe? :p

I'm in total agreement that the Redskins need someone who can compliment Garcon. I think the questions about his ability to be a #1 WR for us have been answered. However, we still have bounty-gate to deal with. IMO, the following positions need to be addressed in the off-season.

Safety - Do we give Tanard a chance to come back? We need a competent backup plan, behind him. Merriwewather, he's back. But do we draft someone to back him up? I'd say yes.

Corner - Hall, he has to restructure. I'm fine keeping him for cheaper. We have some young corners in the stable, one of which we stole last year. I can't remeber his name but he went undrafted because of an injury and we got him. He's on IR and I'd suspect he'll make some noise next year.

I think you're referring to Chase Minnifield (sp). I think Hall will restructure, there is no way he is going to get what he is currently getting elsewhere. I thought we dumped off a lot of his salary in the uncapped year (which led the cap penalty)? I'm fine with Wilson as a starter, and Hall as a nickel so we need a legitimate starting corner and at least one starting safety.

MLB - London, he won't last forever. We need to get the best young MLB we can via the draft.

Agreed. We have Keenan Robinson on IR but Fletcher has only one year left on his contract and I doubt he will be back after that.

Dline - I love Cofield but we need a dominant linemen. That's what anchors the 3-4.

I think the hope is Jarvis Jenkins steps up. He has had some good plays in the past few weeks. I don't know if he is still not fully recovered from his injury but he was a second-round pick and I hope he makes a big impact next season.

Oline - RT needs an upgrade. But we have plenty that we have drafted, Mike seems happy with them. Maybe we have who we need...

For me the test for the o-line will be this week. We always fail because we have no depth but this year we haven't needed it. It's looked great so far in run blocking, and Griff being so mobile helps them look better with pass protection. However, if we have no Montgomery who has been solid as centre and with Polombus out (who is the weakest part of our line it has to be said) and Black suspended our depth might get exposed (or step up).

I also factor in that, this is the first year in this new offense. Not only a new offense but a new QB. How much better can the current WR corp be with...

1. An offseason of practice
2. Familiarity with the QB
3. RGIII's growth and maturation into the second year.

Everyone says that this offense will get figure out, that RGIII will struggle. I doubt it, his work ethic will not allow that. With an off-season and a years worth of experience, he'll continue to mature in the traditional pro-style offense. And we saw that Kyle obviously can adapt this offense to whatever it needs to be.

Agreed, the future is really bright. The fact that all our receivers are on the right side of 28 for a change and showing good signs of development makes me really hopeful for the next few seasons.

Usually the spouse can ask for a for a significant percentage of income, and it's even higher if they lived together after the father becomes a pro athelete, because she can argue for funds necessary to "maintain her lifestyle". If they agreed to the sum before a court date than this was probably the "well I want half your income but I'll settle for this amount" number.

What the law doesn't take into account is the risk and short term nature of an NFL career; once you've signed on for support that's it, regardless of whether you get cut or re-sign for less money or whatnot. I remember a news story this year about Dave Foley (Kids in the Hall) and how he can't return to Canada because he's still on the hook for child support thats many times more than his annual income...as the number was calculated while he was getting big movie paychecks. Same thing applies with sports.

SonnyBoy

So I'm guessing the Redskins will trade Cousins for a draft round pick?

They shouldn't, but if someone offers two 2's, you may have to bite.

Once/if RGIII learns how to slide properly, he'll be fine. Pocket QB's get destroyed every week. I watch Cutler, Luck, Rodgers and many others get pulverized. Too much is made out of RGIII getting injured. He had the one concussion and he's since avoided the same scenario. The Ngata hit was flukish.

They've slowly weened more pro-style drop backs into the offense as the year progressed. we'll see a hybrid of what they're running this year and what they did with Kirk next year.

Cousins played 1 game and you're dreaming of 2 second rounders? Even Kolb played like 3 games and I don't think the Cardinals are dumb enough to do that again (Or maybe they are).

They shouldn't, but if someone offers two 2's, you may have to bite.

Once/if RGIII learns how to slide properly, he'll be fine. Pocket QB's get destroyed every week. I watch Cutler, Luck, Rodgers and many others get pulverized. Too much is made out of RGIII getting injured. He had the one concussion and he's since avoided the same scenario. The Ngata hit was flukish.

They've slowly weened more pro-style drop backs into the offense as the year progressed. we'll see a hybrid of what they're running this year and what they did with Kirk next year.

Yea, guys get knocked out all the time as pocket passers.

Was it even confirmed that Griff had a concussion? From what I remember it was just a woozy shot and they took him out purely as a precaution.

And no to trading Cousins.

squicken

All those guys are taller and stronger than RG3. He gets hit and it's like a rag doll. Gotta keep Cousins unless they feel it really is just a plug and play system

Shut your mouth.

Grandpa is going to shock the world when he gets a coach that plays to his skills instead of sticking him in a shit offense.
:lol like I said before I don't hate him, I just like looking at all angles. But dot worry no ones gonna trade for him, his contracts fully guaranteed!!
But be honest would you rather have a rookie like weeden or a veteran that's the same age who has the experience like a Alex Smith? just something to think about, either way none of the above are our long term future

BigAT

Yea, guys get knocked out all the time as pocket passers.

Was it even confirmed that Griff had a concussion? From what I remember it was just a woozy shot and they took him out purely as a precaution.

And no to trading Cousins.

Pretty sure that was officially a concussion.

Michael Vick WOULD consider the Jets...if he were to start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113658/article/michael-vick-still-wants-to-start-might-wait-out-for-chip-kelly

Sources who have spoken to Michael Vick say the veteran quarterback believes he has another four years left in the NFL and wants to be a starter with whatever team signs him in the event he is released by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Those sources also said Vick would not want to join the New York Jets if Mark Sanchez still is the starter, but he would consider signing with the Jets if he were paid more than Sanchez, making it clear that Vick was the No. 1 quarterback on the depth chart.

Vick hasn't played since being sidelined with a concussion on Nov. 11, as the Eagles have been getting a look at rookie Nick Foles. Vick told reporters Monday that he wants to play, even though he understands the decisions the Eagles have to make as well.

"I'm a competitor, and I've always felt like and will continue to feel like I'm one of the best and can play at a high level ... I want to be out there," Vick said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. "I want to play, but it's just not the ideal situation right now."

Vick's age (he'll be 33 next season), salary (he's due $15.5 million in 2013) and the Eagles' disappointing performance over the past two seasons all point to a likely new team for the former Atlanta Falcon.

Aside from the Jets, the Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals and Cleveland Browns are mentioned as possibilities.

The sources close to Vick said he might wait to see if Oregon coach Chip Kelly decides to take an NFL coaching job in the offseason, adding that Vick already has imagined himself playing in Kelly's fast-paced spread offense

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Cousins played 1 game and you're dreaming of 2 second rounders? Even Kolb played like 3 games and I don't think the Cardinals are dumb enough to do that again (Or maybe they are).

1 game is all it takes to get a lucrative QB contract in the NFL nowadays.

I think I could put together 1 good game. I should walk on.

SonnyBoy

I don't see the Redskins making a move for Jennings. He is going to be 30 a few weeks into the 2013 season and under Allen/Shanahan I think that would be too old. Cerato/Snyder would have made that move, but not now.

Agreed, as much as people want us to be, we aren't the same organization.

I also think it would be foolish to cut Morgan loose for Jennings, especially with what Morgan brings with his blocking. He has shown really good potential, but I think there is a concern if Garcon goes down I don't see him as our temporary number one.

I think we already know what will happen if Garcon goes down, we've already seen it. Morgan emerged as the 2nd threat, with help from everyone. A good QB makes the surrounding talent better.

In years past, people wanted to leave and quickly. Players may be more willing to give a home-town discount if they continue to progress. Especially if RGIII keeps playing like he is.

I think you're referring to Chase Minnifield (sp).

Yes, I was. I'm excited to see what he can do.

I think Hall will restructure, there is no way he is going to get what he is currently getting elsewhere. I thought we dumped off a lot of his salary in the uncapped year (which led the cap penalty)? I'm fine with Wilson as a starter, and Hall as a nickel so we need a legitimate starting corner and at least one starting safety.

Agreed. I hope Chase can be that corner. I think Tanard is back but on a short leash, with a draft pick behind him as a safety lol. I'm fine with the depth at SS...maybe.

Agreed. We have Keenan Robinson on IR but Fletcher has only one year left on his contract and I doubt he will be back after that.

Agreed.

I think the hope is Jarvis Jenkins steps up. He has had some good plays in the past few weeks. I don't know if he is still not fully recovered from his injury but he was a second-round pick and I hope he makes a big impact next season.

Adrian Peterson is not normal lol. It takes most people 2 years to return to form! LOL AP is amazing. I expect Jarvis to step up.

For me the test for the o-line will be this week. We always fail because we have no depth but this year we haven't needed it. It's looked great so far in run blocking, and Griff being so mobile helps them look better with pass protection. However, if we have no Montgomery who has been solid as center and with Polombus out (who is the weakest part of our line it has to be said) and Black suspended our depth might get exposed (or step up).

Everyone said the same about the current starters... I think I'll put a bit more faith into who we have moving forward. I think Peyton proved that a good QB makes the o-line look better than it is. This scheme coupled with RGIII may mask the issues that would have surfaced if Rex was behind center... Hell, it already is.

Bowser

Man we pay Josh Morgan that much. Hopefully we can just cut him loose and pick up Jennings, but otherwise we're screwed cap wise because we "abused the system" during the lockout. We've got to pay Fred Davis also, so it probably won't happen.

I could see the Panthers overpaying for his services.

Who are the defensive free agents next year?

Panthers don't have the cap space to afford the kind of contract Jennings will get.

Plus, we don't have Hurney handing out obscene contracts anymore! (Though Johnson's contract doesn't seem as obscene as it did before, guy's got 29.5 sacks in a little under 3 seasons, basically a double-digit sack guy every year and he's strong against the run).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wish it was cold here.

You guys are complaining about the temperatures meanwhile summer hasn't gotten the hint and moved on from Dallas. We had a record high of 80 degrees yesterday and my AC keeps kicking on.

Can't wait to transfer out of this horrible scorched and parched state.

edit: Vick is starting somewhere! Woe to whatever team he goes to!

SonnyBoy

I dont want to trade Kirk. I said that if someone offered it, you'd have to take it. I dont expect it, nor do I want it.

All those guys are taller and stronger than RG3. He gets hit and it's like a rag doll. Gotta keep Cousins unless they feel it really is just a plug and play system

You're right, I totally agree. Griff is a track start and is built like one.

MechDX

I wish it was cold here.

You guys are complaining about the temperatures meanwhile summer hasn't gotten the hint and moved on from Dallas. We had a record high of 80 degrees yesterday and my AC keeps kicking on.

Can't wait to transfer out of this horrible scorched and parched state.

edit: Vick is starting somewhere! Woe to whatever team he goes to!

wellbye.gif

Luck looks alright but size doesn't prevent you from being fragile/injury prone. Rodgers is a couple of concussions away from being out of the league and Cutler is pretty fragile.

But yea, we definitely need a competent backup.

squicken

You're right, I totally agree. Griff is a track start and is built like one.

He is slight of build. It is both an advantage and detriment to his play. I don't doubt he can stay mostly healthy if he stays in the pocket, but as long as they call designed run plays he is a danger to get hurt more frequently than most QBs

Top Bottom