• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

...mastershake in a corner of a shower, in a fetal position scrubbing himself to remove the "dirt"

Dear NFL-GAF,

If i ever disappear under suspicious circumstances, MechDX is suspect #1. Please inform the authorities to check the floor boards in his apartment or the meat locker at whole foods first.

:(

jmdajr

WattPOTW_zps625a688d.png

Watt?!?!

tumblr_m7nacvXXTz1qlnjrd_zps09cabd59.gif

Man, I hope Christian Ponder gets a few touches this weekend to help Watt break the record.

I would be willing to take pretty much -anybody- but Sanchez for starting QB.

Vick, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, I don't really care.

So you would trade one turnover machine in for an older turnover machine with concussion issues? I wouldn't go near Vick. Even when he was in his prime he had minuses in his game and now he's older and slower and one hit away from retirement.

Phillip B Wilson ‏@pwilson24
#Colts B.A. says lot of Luck's high throws are because of pressure, can't step through on passes.

Then immediately after says this

Mike Chappell ‏@mchappell51
Arians: I'm not a dink-and-dunk guy. Never wi
You have to admire the cognitive dissonance.

Sanchez is the wild card factor because flat out cutting him is a 17 million hit. Now you can always trade him but idk what team is willing to take his contract just to be a potential backup qb. And would he restructure his contract knowing he will be out in a year?

The only question is how rough are the Jets willing to get. They could tell him if he doesnt restructure then he will be the #3 QB and he will be inactive for ever game. They could threaten to put him on IR, they could even put him on the non-football injury list if he wont go along with a change to his deal. If Mark is willing to take a year off from football to get paid there isnt much they can do, but if he is serious about being an NFL QB I dont see how taking a year off would help that.

SonnyBoy

Yea, seriously. Revis is done, and Landry wore out his welcome here, and doesn't have Sean Taylor or anyone remotely close to his talent covering Landry's inability to play effective coverage. If the Redskins can get more than just a high 2nd round pick for Cousins this year (say a low 1st or two 2nds or a 2nd and a player), then make the trade. Otherwise, keep him for another year just in case.

If RG3 really is highly injury prone (which I don't necessarily think he is, but I digress), then you know you've got a capable starter to go to and evaluate as a possible franchise guy. Or at least be able to hold on with Cousins through the end of his rookie deal, at which time the Skins will have 1st round picks again.

Revis is a great talent, but I'd much rather acquire/draft an amazing defensive line and mask any secondary deficiencies. We've trade it the other way around... We had secondary with Sean Taylor, Landry, Springs, Smoot, Rogers and couldn't get off the field, why? No pass rush. NOBODY can cover for 6-9 seconds like they had to.

I'm fine with drafting a talent at d-line. And going into next season with Tanard Jackson and Merriweather at saftey. Minnifield and Josh on the outside. Hall in the slot. The dude that just got suspended at the 4th spot.

squicken

You have to admire the cognitive dissonance.

He's completely devoid of self-awareness. Watching IND and it's every exotic blitz you'll ever want to see. DEs and DTs pinning their ears back. Arians talks about running vs HOU, but that's b/c they never stopped pass rushing.

KingGondo

Banned
Agreed...and since we're being friends here...

GIVE BACK THE RAPTORS PICK!!!
I've been cheering the Raps on in the NBA thread if you haven't noticed.

That is, until they're firmly entrenched as the 5th-8th worst team in the league. Then they can stay there.

But don't worry! If we end up getting your pick, you're welcome to join Thunder-Age. I'll welcome you as you welcomed me to Browns-Age.

bionic77

Who even wrote that? Tebows awful.
Fuck you. I hope you get a lump of coal up your ass for x-mas. What a horrible thing to say during the holidays.

If you mean "biggest douchebag coach of all time in any sport" then yes.
I used to love Rex when he was styling on the Patriots, but something went wrong along the way. His mistreatment of Tebow is probably going to be seen as the worst war crime of the last hundred years.

Hey you beat the Pats, so you're a-ok in my book!

Niners biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch or something. I might not have enough i's.

As for us Steelers fans, we are holding onto bionic's vision of this season. We will win the next two, probably barely escaping both of them with some crazy bullshit. (We never blow out anyone.) We will get into the playoffs as the 6th seed, on a 2 game winning streak, and then we go on an epic run to win it all.

Edit: By the way, bionic, I know you say playing the lottery is a fool's game, but if this all happens I suggest you play the PowerBall, the Mega Millions and anything else you can get a ticket for the week after the SB.
We are playing like absolute crap and find new ways to lose games every week, but that is the hallmark of a champion this decade. I wouldn't bet on it but I won't be surprised if everything falls in our lap on the way to number 7.

Also, are you suggesting that I am retarded by suggesting I play the lottery?

I used to love Rex when he was styling on the Patriots, but something went wrong along the way. His mistreatment of Tebow is probably going to be seen as the worst war crime of the last hundred years.

His mistreatment of tebow isn't his fault, he didn't want Tebow in the first place. Obviously Rex Ryan was out of the loop when Woody and Tannenbaum decided 'Tebow? Lets do it nao'

We are playing like absolute crap and find new ways to lose games every week, but that is the hallmark of a champion this decade. I wouldn't bet on it but I won't be surprised if everything falls in our lap on the way to number 7.

Also, are you suggesting that I am retarded by suggesting I play the lottery?

Sounds like you are having doubts in your fanhood. Don't forget you are always welcome to accept Brady into your heart. My years of worship led to the blessing of the heavenly son Black Jesus Bob Griffin falling into out lap this year. I'm sure if you truly pray for Brady's forgiveness and denounce the life of gluttony and sinful lust that BeezleBen glorifies than one day he will bless you too.

bionic77

Sounds like you are having doubts in your fanhood. Don't forget you are always welcome to accept Brady into your heart. My years of worship led to the blessing of the heavenly son Black Jesus Bob Griffin falling into out lap this year. I'm sure if you truly pray for Brady's forgiveness and denounce the life of gluttony and sinful lust that BeezleBen glorifies than one day he will bless you too.
I have never in my life seen anything more blasphemous than this post. Not even the stories of Brady screwing (or more likely getting screwed in light of what we know about his anatomy) a goat on the altar of Satan while praying for the end of the world. Not even Bellicheat taking God name's in vain as he ejaculates over the face of a happily married pregnant woman as her young children watch in horror.

I am not one to judge, but obviously you must have attended Penn State and been molested by the entire coaching staff to have such a shitty moral compass. You equating Brady with something religious and holy is offensive to all of us.

All reasonable and educated people know that the only true religious figure in football is Tebow. His story is even pretty much analogous to Jesus and many other religious figures. We saw last season him turning a shit team into a playoff contender and winning a playoff game by throwing TD pass after beautiful TD pass (i.e. water into wine). And this year he was crucified by the non-believers for his faith and his unwillingness to fuck the coach's wife.

Go and seek enlightenment in the sweet bosom of Tebow and seek forgiveness there. Everyone has to make choices in life. You are offered the choice of the most exciting quarterback your shitty franchise has ever had or an Ugg wearing fraud who is a messenger or evil. You cannot stay undecided forever. Choose wisely and may Tebow have mercy on your wretched soul.

Yea, seriously. Revis is done, and Landry wore out his welcome here, and doesn't have Sean Taylor or anyone remotely close to his talent covering Landry's inability to play effective coverage. If the Redskins can get more than just a high 2nd round pick for Cousins this year (say a low 1st or two 2nds or a 2nd and a player), then make the trade. Otherwise, keep him for another year just in case.

If RG3 really is highly injury prone (which I don't necessarily think he is, but I digress), then you know you've got a capable starter to go to and evaluate as a possible franchise guy. Or at least be able to hold on with Cousins through the end of his rookie deal, at which time the Skins will have 1st round picks again.

Here's the thing, I don't know that Grossman isn't that guy in this offense. Yea, he throws ints, but you're more worried about a backup stalling the offense and not being able to do much more than dump offs and check downs than you are the occasional turnover. I think Rex is competent enough, and I don't know that I've seen enough from Cousins to guarantee that he's actually better.

Landry was unreal just before his huge injury with us though. I feel like we need that guy who scares other teams and can rush the quarterback. And you really think Revis is done?

Draxal

I love Coughlin's snark.

Q: Is Ray Rice the number one priority for your defense to watch?

A: He’s certainly ranked up there.

Q: How high?

A: What is he? 5’9, 5’10?

Browns fans, your next head coach is eager to take the job!

The Boston Globe reported that Banner likes Lombardi because of ties to former Browns assistant and Alabama head coach Nick Saban, Oregon's Chip Kelly or New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, the Canton-McKinley High and John Carroll product. A source told The Plain Dealer that McDaniels, who coached the Broncos in 2009, would jump at the chance to coach the Browns.

Only a matter of time until Trent Richardson is a Bear!

3iGa5.jpg

SonnyBoy

Landry was unreal just before his huge injury with us though. I feel like we need that guy who scares other teams and can rush the quarterback. And you really think Revis is done?

Hall has been fine rushing the QB from the slot position.

IMO, I'd much rather have a beastly LB, DE or NT that fulfills that role, much more than a SS. I want our front 7 to create enough pressure that we can drop bodies back in coverage and have more of a chance to catch an errant/tipped pass.

Blitzing our safeties cost us a TD against the Browns last week... It's not worth the risk.

squicken

Go and seek enlightenment in the sweet bosom of Tebow and seek forgiveness there. Everyone has to make choices in life. You are offered the choice of the most exciting quarterback your shitty franchise has ever had or an Ugg wearing fraud who is a messenger or evil. You cannot stay undecided forever. Choose wisely and may Tebow have mercy on your wretched soul.

well said bionic, though I think there is room to believe in both Brady's greatness as well as Tebow's

LiveWire

Revis is a great talent, but I'd much rather acquire/draft an amazing defensive line and mask any secondary deficiencies. We've trade it the other way around... We had secondary with Sean Taylor, Landry, Springs, Smoot, Rogers and couldn't get off the field, why? No pass rush. NOBODY can cover for 6-9 seconds like they had to.

I'm fine with drafting a talent at d-line. And going into next season with Tanard Jackson and Merriweather at saftey. Minnifield and Josh on the outside. Hall in the slot. The dude that just got suspended at the 4th spot.

Revis was a great talent. If he didn't have that ACL injury, I'd be more inclined to trade for him. We do have a pass rush now (assuming next year Orakpo and Carriker can return and stay healthy). But even if healthy, Revis may not have the same success--look what happened to the league's last shutdown corner in Philly.

Here's the thing, I don't know that Grossman isn't that guy in this offense. Yea, he throws ints, but you're more worried about a backup stalling the offense and not being able to do much more than dump offs and check downs than you are the occasional turnover. I think Rex is competent enough, and I don't know that I've seen enough from Cousins to guarantee that he's actually better.

Grossman isn't. All you need to know about Rex Grossman's career is by watching his very first--VERY FIRST!!!--play coming into the game against the Lions--THE LIONS!!--after McNabb was benched. Fumble-six. I don't want Grossman getting any keys to the car unless we're in dire straits or have a big lead and just need a warm body out there to handoff to Morris/Shana-back #2938. Screw scaring other teams, we need the entire team to scare other teams. A season or three more like this one and the Redskins may actually start to be feared. Just adding a big hitter or playmaker on D won't do that for us. And yes, Revis is done.

Hall has been fine rushing the QB from the slot position.

IMO, I'd much rather have a beastly LB, DE or NT that fulfills that role, much more than a SS. I want our front 7 to create enough pressure that we can drop bodies back in coverage and have more of a chance to catch an errant/tipped pass.

Blitzing our safeties cost us a TD against the Browns last week... It's not worth the risk.

Reason being because our corners aren't starting caliber right now. Hall is done as a cover corner and Wilson is complete trash. We definitely need DT help but with the emergence of Rob Jackson lately and along with Lorenzo...you're talking about Kerrigan, Orakpo, Jackson, Lorenzo, not to much carrikers return...we aren't going to be doing much at linebacker. The tools are there to get pressure.

Problem is our secondary can't cover at all and we're getting ripped open.

And I don't think that Nhamdi was schemed up well at all in Philly. He's a system guy, and the philly coaches are bad to terribad.

Miguel

Yeah on our way back from signing the lease for our apartment I saw all those hurricane evacuation route signs everywhere and how I-45 is set up to go one way to the north.

I'm hoping the Woodlands is far enough north to deal with smaller ones!
There's gonna be a Sconi within shouting distance? Not sure what to think.

LiveWire

Here's a 3-way trade where everyone wins:

Jets

• Keep Sanchez on the bench and only eat 8 mil instead of 17)

Jags

• Trade for Tebow for a 4th round pick

Redskins

• Trade Cousins to the Jets for the Jets 2nd round pick and the Jags 4th round pick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns fans, your next head coach is eager to take the job!

Only a matter of time until Trent Richardson is a Bear!

3iGa5.jpg

Fuck you man, fuck you. :(

2nd round pick for Ryan Mallet coming up. Hometown boy Josh McDaniels the next Browns head coach.

No 2nd round pick to give bro.

The Browns are going to hire Lombardi?

What the fuck did Cleveland ever do to God to piss him off this much?

Poor bastards....

Mech...just post that Browns gif you have saved up. I'm giving you permission.

Top Bottom