• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

MechDX

You even found a gif of someone wearing the local attire!

Yes we all dress like that. Mastershake buying his 10 gallon hat as we speak!

330x235

Crazy Sconis! All wanting to be Texans.

Luck looks alright but size doesn't prevent you from being fragile/injury prone. Rodgers is a couple of concussions away from being out of the league and Cutler is pretty fragile.

But yea, we definitely need a competent backup.

The more runs you go on, the more you're gonna get nailed. RGII isn't Cam Newton.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
:lol like I said before I don't hate him, I just like looking at all angles. But dot worry no ones gonna trade for him, his contracts fully guaranteed!!
But be honest would you rather have a rookie like weeden or a veteran that's the same age who has the experience like a Alex Smith? just something to think about, either way none of the above are our long term future

Honestly as of right now I'd rather Weeden. He still has an opportunity to get better and since neither are really long term solutions I'd rather go with the one that may have the potential to be a bit more explosive.

But I also say this imagining them both playing in the puke that Shurmur calls his WCO.

cashman

Banned
I wish it was cold here.

You guys are complaining about the temperatures meanwhile summer hasn't gotten the hint and moved on from Dallas. We had a record high of 80 degrees yesterday and my AC keeps kicking on.

Can't wait to transfer out of this horrible scorched and parched state.

edit: Vick is starting somewhere! Woe to whatever team he goes to!

Yeah man, 80 degree weather is so awful

Smokey

I wish it was cold here.

You guys are complaining about the temperatures meanwhile summer hasn't gotten the hint and moved on from Dallas. We had a record high of 80 degrees yesterday and my AC keeps kicking on.
!

DEALWITIT and you don't even have the humidity of Houston crybaby

btw its supposed to be back down to 30s-40s tomorrow through weekend.

Dat Texas weather

Honestly as of right now I'd rather Weeden. He still has an opportunity to get better and since neither are really long term solutions I'd rather go with the one that may have the potential to be a bit more explosive.

But I also say this imagining them both playing in the puke that Shurmur calls his WCO.
Shurmer is for sure gone after season, no arguments against it at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if we fired him directly at the last game. I wonder of the firing will be on road tested

brentech

When winter is the only relief you get from 90-100 degree weather the rest of the year because Texas decided that 15 degrees above average all the time is amazing, yeah it's pretty horrible.

I can deal with cold, but I really hate snow.

I want to leave Ohio, but my wife won't distance from her family.

SonnyBoy

He is slight of build. It is both an advantage and detriment to his play. I don't doubt he can stay mostly healthy if he stays in the pocket, but as long as they call designed run plays he is a danger to get hurt more frequently than most QBs

That's the thing though! He hasn't been injured on the designed runs (not that he won't ever be). He's been injured doing what any pocket QB does, keeping the play alive.

In they actually don't call that many designed runs during the course of the game. However, any time he moves out the pocket people assume it's the play call. Neither the concussion or the Ngata hit were running plays called for him.

If anything MOST of his hits come from him standing firm in the pocket and a free blitzer shoves him down. We need to sure up the offensive line.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So McDaniels and Mallet to Cleveland is okay for Browns fans? You just have to give us a 2nd round pick.

But we don't have a second round pick. Normally I'd be sad but we used it on Josh Gordon and so far he has been fantastic.

I'm sure a 5th would be more than enough.

KingGondo

Banned

Yeah, I think a change of offense would benefit the Browns immensely.

The tools are there for the offense to consistently score at least 21, but they're not being used correctly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
DEALWITIT and you don't even have the humidity of Houston crybaby

btw its supposed to be back down to 30s-40s tomorrow through weekend.

Dat Texas weather

Well at least Houston has clouds and rain. Looking forward to that!

I saw rain for the first time in 2 months last Friday.

MechDX

Well at least Houston has clouds and rain. Looking forward to that!

I saw rain for the first time in 2 months last Friday.

Wait till summer when we get the 110% humidity with temps in the 100's. Your inside will basically boil. Then there are the hurricane threats...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait till summer when we get the 110% humidity with temps in the 100's. Your inside will basically boil. Then there are the hurricane threats...

Yeah on our way back from signing the lease for our apartment I saw all those hurricane evacuation route signs everywhere and how I-45 is set up to go one way to the north.

I'm hoping the Woodlands is far enough north to deal with smaller ones!

The tools are there for the offense to consistently score at least 21, but they're not being used correctly.
I wonder what Shurmers interview with Holmgren was like.
I picture it being like when Darryl interviewed for the general manager job in the Office, except Shurmer got the job. Can't find the clips smh

Smokey

Yeah on our way back from signing the lease for our apartment I saw all those hurricane evacuation route signs everywhere and how I-45 is set up to go one way to the north.

Hurricane Rita was amazing. Was right after Katrina. Literally the entire city tried to evacuate. It took me 5 hours to go 20 something miles.

squicken

There is no QB available that will make that Jets team win that division.

Yup. You shouldn't have to ever bottom out like teams do in netball, but the Jets cap is so bad they really have to next year. Good job in the sense that whoever comes in gets to totally rebuild it in his image

MechDX

Yeah, you're good. Worst thing about the Woodlands are the drivers. they all think they are privileged in their BMW's, Mercedes, etc... and cut you off constantly.

TX resident, TX drivers license, and a registered voter since 2004! I've been a texan brah!

We have someting special planned for you.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hurricane Rita was amazing. Was right after Katrina. Literally the entire city tried to evacuate. It took me 5 hours to go 20 something miles.

Isn't that the one where far more people died trying to leave the city than people who just stuck it out?

Sounds slightly worse than regular Houston traffic

Thank God I'm so far north that it won't impact us as much for the weekends and evenings. All the jobs are downtown though so that commute is going to suck.

Yeah, you're good. Worst thing about the Woodlands are the drivers. they all think they are privileged in their BMW's, Mercedes, etc... and cut you off constantly.

Sounds like Irving! I live near the "Little India" portion and everyone drives some sort of Mercedes Benz or Maserati.

squicken

Arians says this:

Phillip B Wilson ‏@pwilson24
#Colts B.A. says lot of Luck's high throws are because of pressure, can't step through on passes.

Then immediately after says this

Mike Chappell ‏@mchappell51
Arians: I'm not a dink-and-dunk guy. Never will be. We will take our shots.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Agreed...and since we're being friends here...

GIVE BACK THE RAPTORS PICK!!!

Link

The Autumn Wind
There's people clamping about how the Jets should trade Revis to clear up cap room. If Sanchez ruins the perfect secondary of Cro, Landry and Revis, I will hate him even more.
Well, then I have bad news for you, because they probably won't be able to afford to resign Landry either. He already said he won't be giving them a hometown discount.

Smokey

Isn't that the one where far more people died trying to leave the city than people who just stuck it out?

Thank God I'm so far north that it won't impact us as much for the weekends and evenings. All the jobs are downtown though so that commute is going to suck.

Sounds like Irving! I live near the "Little India" portion and everyone drives some sort of Mercedes Benz or Maserati.

Yeah people died from heat exhaustion on the free ways and the storm turned at the last minute and didn't really hit the city head on as expected. Was right after Katrina tho and everyone was panicking. I stayed through ike and won't so it again the aftermath of ike was worse than the storm.

MechDX

Does this have something to do with steers and queers?

Do you welcome new people with their very own horse!?!?!

If its the latter, I would like to exchange my gift with wienke's.

Packers/Texans Superbowl GAF party could be epic! Brats, cheese, assless chaps, beer bottles, BBQ...mastershake in a corner of a shower, in a fetal position scrubbing himself to remove the "dirt"

Yup. Sucked balls.

NOBODY left the 2nd time around. Yup, that sucked too!

Was in Livingston for Ike and had power 3 days after storm. My sisters in Kingwood were without power for nearly two weeks. When we bought our house in Kingwood found out we are on the same line as the loacl firestation. Previous owners had power back two days after Ike while the rest was black for two weeks.

LiveWire

seriously?

Yea, seriously. Revis is done, and Landry wore out his welcome here, and doesn't have Sean Taylor or anyone remotely close to his talent covering Landry's inability to play effective coverage. If the Redskins can get more than just a high 2nd round pick for Cousins this year (say a low 1st or two 2nds or a 2nd and a player), then make the trade. Otherwise, keep him for another year just in case.

If RG3 really is highly injury prone (which I don't necessarily think he is, but I digress), then you know you've got a capable starter to go to and evaluate as a possible franchise guy. Or at least be able to hold on with Cousins through the end of his rookie deal, at which time the Skins will have 1st round picks again.

Jets just have to get Sanchez to restructure his deal, that would fee up some space. I am sure they have other guys that they could get down to more manageable numbers to.

Sanchez is the wild card factor because flat out cutting him is a 17 million hit. Now you can always trade him but idk what team is willing to take his contract just to be a potential backup qb. And would he restructure his contract knowing he will be out in a year?

Top Bottom