• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

MechDX

Fuck you man, fuck you. :(

No 2nd round pick to give bro.

Mech...just post that Browns gif you have saved up. I'm giving you permission.

brownkave.gif

Rorschach

Shit, is he a FA too? I could absolutely see them kicking the tires on Cassel with a short term deal while we find someone better. I don't really see much of a drop off with Cassel instead of Flacco.

Cassel is half the QB that Flacco is. He's absolutely terrible. He lost his job to Brady Quinn for Pete's sake! You'd be better served taking Matt Hasselbeck.

eznark

Banned
Shit, is he a FA too? I could absolutely see them kicking the tires on Cassel with a short term deal while we find someone better. I don't really see much of a drop off with Cassel instead of Flacco.

While true, it is a drop from the bottom of the shit pile directly into the toilet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It'd be hard to believe that the Ravens would actually let Flacco go.

I'm more prone to believe that they'll sign him for a huge amount of money rather than risking a new QB. It'll certainly hamper the Ravens for years to come but that's fine with me!

While true, it is a drop from the bottom of the shit pile directly into the toilet.

I'm really depressed about our QB situation, because we're about to be back where we were before Flacco. For a year or two, I thought Flacco might become something, but he's the same QB. If he was a rookie, I'd be optimistic, but that's not the case. It's about to be the dark ages in Baltimore; the way we've played the last few weeks, we may be a 4 win team next season, even if we had Flacco.

I want Norv Turner at OC, and I don't think that's crazy.

eznark

Banned
I'm really depressed about our QB situation, because we're about to be back where we were before Flacco. For a year or two, I thought Flacco might become something, but he's the same QB. If he was a rookie, I'd be optimistic, but that's not the case. It's about to be the dark ages in Baltimore; the way we've played the last few weeks, we may be a 4 win team next season, even if we had Flacco.

I want Norv Turner at OC, and I don't think that's crazy.

I actually think your defense got terrible at the correct time. It allows the front office to justify a total rebuild, which means you have some cover for dumping Flacco.

Packers WR Greg Jennings on if the tag is a slap in the face:
“Yes. ...Nothing good about it. You don’t see Wes Welker smiling about it.”

What a bitch. Practice what you preach, Jeggings.

I actually think your defense got terrible at the correct time. It allows the front office to justify a total rebuild, which means you have some cover for dumping Flacco.

Our Defense is terrible, but people in Baltimore can only see one fault at a time, and they're coming around on Flacco. Next year, they'll realize the defense is shit too. We have three studs, who are all hurt; Ngata, Webb, and Suggs. That's it. Build around Webb, he's the future.

I hope Rex Ryan gets fired, because I'd take him back at DC too.

Best Harbs
Norv Turner
Rex Ryan

That's a coaching staff I can get behind.

Our Defense is terrible, but people in Baltimore can only see one fault at a time, and they're coming around on Flacco. Next year, they'll realize the defense is shit too. We have three studs, who are all hurt; Ngata, Webb, and Suggs. That's it. Build around Webb, he's the future.

Best Harbs
Norv Turner
Rex Ryan

Turner and Ryan?

Yo man, why are you trying to take our coaching staff.

Best Harbs
Norv Turner
Rex Ryan

Jim's not leaving San Fran, sorry.

xnipx

Flacco is still my guy. He's not worth a top 5 QB contract. But he's my guy. Everybody makes mistakes. His throw was just as bad as bens on the exact same route.

Hey, guess what guys? Manning is still Manning.

Peyton Manning keeps saying his arm isn't back to 100 percent. Our eyes say this might be true. The numbers say that it doesn't matter.

The Wall Street Journal points out a raft of statistics that show teams are attacking Manning differently without great results. Defenses are blitzing Manning 26 percent more often than they did in 2010 before his neck surgeries.

Manning has responded with a quarterback rating against the blitz that is 12 percent higher than it was in 2010.

Conventional wisdom says Manning is dinking-and-dunking opponents to death. The numbers again say something different. His average completion is actually going further in the air (6.91 yards) than it did in 2010 (6.29 yards.) His average pass attempt actually is slightly shorter this year, but he's been more successful by far when he does go deep.

Manning is averaging 14.7 yards per attempt on throws that go over 20 yards in the air, which is up drastically from 9.8 YPA in 2010. He's completing a far higher percentage when he tries deep passes: 44.9 percent to 26 percent.

Add it all up, and we gain a clearer picture of 2012 MVP candidate Manning. Defenses are attacking him more because they think he's a different quarterback than two years ago. And he's making those defenses pay more often with big plays.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...yton-manning-is-the-same-as-ever-numbers-show

I was actually surprised by these statistics.

squicken

That makes about as much sense as your love for Joe Flacco.

I have jumped off the Flacco and Rivers bandwagons. I feel like with Flacco and Alex Smith, we saw their limits this year. With Rivers, I think he is limited by the talent around him, but he's also declined physically to doubt he'll ever regain his past performance

eznark

Banned
Packers WR Greg Jennings on if the tag is a slap in the face:
“Yes. ...Nothing good about it. You don’t see Wes Welker smiling about it.”

What a bitch. Practice what you preach, Jeggings.

The only leverage a player had against a tag is bitching about it. He was asked a question and answered it. What's the problem?

The only leverage a player had against a tag is bitching about it. He was asked a question and answered it. What's the problem?
He's made that abundantly clear in the past.
At this point he's just advertising to play elsewhere.

It's no better than Finley begging for the ball.

But super Christian grubbing money is the greatest of all ironies.

eznark

Banned
He's made that abundantly clear in the past.
At this point he's just advertising to play elsewhere.

It's no better than Finley begging for the ball.

But super Christian grubbing money is the greatest of all ironies.

Oh ya. I forgot you hate people of faith. Never mind.

Nakazato

If Flacco hits FA, where do people see him going... Kansas City? Arizona? Philly? Buffalo?

Yea i could see him go to philly hes from the area and his family lives there. Maybe Jacksonville.

@squicken hes going to get the exclusive tag he wont get franchised. I think flacco will only get 60 mil on the open markets so id be fine with giving him that.

mr2xxx

Banned
Talking about potential trades for cousins, how about Byrd and a 4th for Cousins? Byrd would be a free agent anyways and the Bills wouldn't pay him, so just let the Skins have him.

I dropped it after a day; didn't like to see it, I went to far in my temporary fandom. And now back to not caring about them.

As for the Niners, what can I say? You blew it, and got it back. I won't be happy until the Niners are out of the playoffs.

I told you what would happen. Sucks that you squickened yourself to further failure!

squicken

Talking about potential trades for cousins, how about Byrd and a 4th for Cousins? Byrd would be a free agent anyways and the Bills wouldn't pay him, so just let the Skins have him.

Why would you trade him? He's cheap and RG3 has already been knocked out of 2 games and missed a third. You need a viable backup

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

How about we pay for the proven talent to stick around and not trade for a QB with 2 games under his belt?

Byrd > Cousins

mr2xxx

Banned
I love Byrd and he fits the biggest need we have. If Buffalo has given up on Fitzy then I have no problem giving up a backup with a game and a half under his belt for him. Granted its jumping the gun a bit but if he does this on a consistent basis then the price would be much higher. It's not like teams have been adverse to overpaying for marginal QB talent.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love Byrd and he fits the biggest need we have. If Buffalo has given up on Fitzy then I have no problem giving up a backup with a game and a half under his belt for him. Granted its jumping the gun a bit but if he does this on a consistent basis then the price would be much higher. It's not like teams have been adverse to overpaying for marginal QB talent.

Well, of course you'd be okay with your team getting an excellent player for the cost of an unproven backup. It'd be utterly idiotic from the Bills stand point, but hey! It's Buffalo. Anything's possible!

mr2xxx

Banned
Well, of course you'd be okay with your team getting an excellent player for the cost of an unproven backup. It'd be utterly idiotic from the Bills stand point, but hey! It's Buffalo. Anything's possible!

Why not your organization is a mess, what if he beats the Eagles would that be enough :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Here's a 3-way trade where everyone wins:

Jets

• Keep Sanchez on the bench and only eat 8 mil instead of 17)

Jags

• Trade for Tebow for a 4th round pick

Redskins

• Trade Cousins to the Jets for the Jets 2nd round pick and the Jags 4th round pick

Kirk Cousins is Kevin Kolb 2.0. Of course a team as dumb as the Jets would waste 2-3 years experimenting with Captain Kirk as there QB.

Rob Parker apologizes for comments towards RGIII, kinda

Rob Parker said:
I blew it and I’m sincerely sorry. I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care. This past Thursday I failed to do that.

“I believe the intended topic is a worthy one. Robert’s thoughts about being an African-American quarterback and the impact of his phenomenal success have been discussed in other media outlets, as well as among sports fans, particularly those in the African-American community. The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one

I'd wonder why this ignorant racist still has a job, but then I realize that he's on First Take. Not only is talking out of your ass allowed, but it's encouraged.

Top Bottom